FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Smart Phones

Smart Phones

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tomCom OP   Man  over a year ago

Wellingborough

Just a post to see which type of smart phone people have and like.

Windows, Android, Ios (apple) or other ?

Ps ... I am an Android user

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

android as well and it only cost £119 and does everything the iphone does.

Samsung galaxy on android. Love it! Have had problems downloading apps from the android market tho so any advice gratefully received to save me trawling thru online forums!

Samsung galaxy..

Due to get a new one this week and dont know weather to get a galaxy 2 or iphone 4S x x

"Samsung galaxy on android. Love it! Have had problems downloading apps from the android market tho so any advice gratefully received to save me trawling thru online forums! "

Try logging out then back in on the market. Or maybe reinstalling? x x x

Hope this helps x

Thanks. I'll give that a go.

Wellingborough

"Samsung galaxy..

Due to get a new one this week and dont know weather to get a galaxy 2 or iphone 4S x x "

Well the Samsung Galaxy S2 has been hailed the best smartphone of 2011 by many tech sites and mags

By *ofakindCouple  over a year ago

Running with Monkeys

"Samsung galaxy..

Due to get a new one this week and dont know weather to get a galaxy 2 or iphone 4S x x "

I have a galaxy s2 its an amazing phone, best seller of the year too topping the iphone 4s

iphone all the way . . . . best phone by far!

What do you think are the best apps to go on your phone!

im really not bothered so long as i can make a call off it

does anyone remember them days, when you bought a mobile to actually make a call on lol

Wellingborough

"What do you think are the best apps to go on your phone!"

Angry birds is an app I used the most .. (I am sad enough to say I have completed it and have 3 stars of 99 % of levels.. hehe)

I have the iphone love it but all I want is someone to explain what Android means as Im sure it cant mean robot phone

Wellingborough

"I have the iphone love it but all I want is someone to explain what Android means as Im sure it cant mean robot phone "

Android is a Open Source Operating system that is developed by companies like Google...

"I have the iphone love it but all I want is someone to explain what Android means as Im sure it cant mean robot phone

Android is a Open Source Operating system that is developed by companies like Google..."

Yep thats all clear now thank you

Wellingborough

"I have the iphone love it but all I want is someone to explain what Android means as Im sure it cant mean robot phone

Android is a Open Source Operating system that is developed by companies like Google...

Yep thats all clear now thank you "

Well I could go into more detail but I think I would just seem like too much of a nerd.. hehe

Yep thats all clear now thank you

Well I could go into more detail but I think I would just seem like too much of a nerd.. hehe"

Its ok I am just so not into techno stuff can just about turn lap top on

Iphone 4 and its jailbroken best thing ever id never have anything else now ive had the apple experience lol

"Iphone 4 and its jailbroken best thing ever id never have anything else now ive had the apple experience lol"

Ok another silly question what is jailbroken

"Iphone 4 and its jailbroken best thing ever id never have anything else now ive had the apple experience lol

Ok another silly question what is jailbroken "

No such thing as a silly question lol. Basically apple restrict what you can and cant do with the software on your iphone, for example your theme or what colour things are, jailbreaking your iphone means you can LEGALLY change everything on your phone as you see fit, it also gives you an app store called installous which gives you ALL the same apps but for free, i have just downloaded a tom tom sat nav app for free which costs £50 on the app store

"Iphone 4 and its jailbroken best thing ever id never have anything else now ive had the apple experience lol

No such thing as a silly question lol. Basically apple restrict what you can and cant do with the software on your iphone, for example your theme or what colour things are, jailbreaking your iphone means you can LEGALLY change everything on your phone as you see fit, it also gives you an app store called installous which gives you ALL the same apps but for free, i have just downloaded a tom tom sat nav app for free which costs £50 on the app store "

sounds great how do I find it please and it wont invalidate my phone or bugger it up will it

Wellingborough

No such thing as a silly question lol. Basically apple restrict what you can and cant do with the software on your iphone, for example your theme or what colour things are, jailbreaking your iphone means you can LEGALLY change everything on your phone as you see fit, it also gives you an app store called installous which gives you ALL the same apps but for free, i have just downloaded a tom tom sat nav app for free which costs £50 on the app store "

Jailbreaking your phone voids the warranty and is not really Illegal as it always you to download illegal copies of stuff.

Where as a lot of stuff on the Android market place is free already, and not doggy cracked copies

No such thing as a silly question lol. Basically apple restrict what you can and cant do with the software on your iphone, for example your theme or what colour things are, jailbreaking your iphone means you can LEGALLY change everything on your phone as you see fit, it also gives you an app store called installous which gives you ALL the same apps but for free, i have just downloaded a tom tom sat nav app for free which costs £50 on the app store

Jailbreaking your phone voids the warranty and is not really Illegal as it always you to download illegal copies of stuff.

Where as a lot of stuff on the Android market place is free already, and not doggy cracked copies"

Your 100% right about the warranty being voided but if u need apple to honour your warranty just update via itunes and the jailbreak is removed and the phone is back to standard, simples

By *ottyhunkCouple  over a year ago

Leyburn

"Samsung galaxy..

Due to get a new one this week and dont know weather to get a galaxy 2 or iphone 4S x x

I have a galaxy s2 its an amazing phone, best seller of the year too topping the iphone 4s"

And me!

By *ugartitsandhimCouple  over a year ago

North West

Blackberry torch 9860 its cool !!! need more apps though!!

love my iPhone

HTC Desire Z.

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

my phone is so smart, I can talk on it, somethings are just so ammazing!

Blackberry Bold. Tons of apps, plenty of them free, easy to use and qwerty keyboard.

Yep thats all clear now thank you "

In layman's terms:

Open source means anybody can develop it (even you), so apps arrive quicker, bugs are fixed quicker and security loop holes are closed often before they have a chance to be a problem.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

I want a fairly cheap PAYG phone of this genre after xmas, my battery is on its way out, any ideas?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i have an iphone 4.... love it.....

thats all.....

Got the iphone 4s 16 gb, played with it for an hour and its now on ebay :|

x x

"Just a post to see which type of smart phone people have and like.

Windows, Android, Ios (apple) or other ?

Ps ... I am an Android user "

MrM changed form a HTC to Iphone 4, worse thing he ever did he says, he doesn't like being tied to the fruit shop ...

He's getting an android tablet from santa and will be changing his phone back to HTC when his contact with O2 is up .... He says HTC rocks ...

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"I want a fairly cheap PAYG phone of this genre after xmas, my battery is on its way out, any ideas?"

Get an Orange San Francisco. They're cheap as chips on fleabay. If you're not on Orange then I can send you a link where you can get a code for free to unlock it for use with any network.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

HTC sensation here and love it!!! dont love HTC customer service though

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

I got the HTC Chacha, mainly cos I liked the name as it reminded me of the film Grease, and I hate touchscreens, I have to wipe them clean all the time!!!

From finger prints, nothing else!

» Add a new message to this topic