FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dilemma

Dilemma

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok,

so i just started this new part time job to tide me over till i can get something better, its working in the local adult shop ( and before you say anything no its really not fun at all) my boss is on holiday and im basically managing the shop till she gets back and i work with another part timer but never at the same time.

so anyway, the other part time woman that works there came in to take over from my shift, late, absolutely reeking of alcohol, my boss is on holiday until next monday so its just me and her running the store till she gets back.

i don't trust her anyway, she is more worried about her benefits payments than she is about the job, but with the alcohol and being late i'm worried i'm gonna get stuck in the shit.

so heres the thing...should i drop my boss a text to say that she turned up smelling of alcohol and late, wait till my boss gets back from holiday or just stay the fuck out of it ? i just don't wanna get in the shit if she fucks up somehow and i didn't say anything.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Cover your back hun

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

If your managing the shop, have a quiet word with this person and tell her that it isn't acceptable to turn up late and smelling of alchol.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Always better to cover yourself

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I would worry about the state of the cash, who is responsible for it being correct.

If there is a prob, you get her to sign for what cash you leave with her.

Are you prepared to cover her shifts if you speak to her about it and she tells you to stick it? Id drop a text to the boss lettin her know, she can deal with it as she see's fit

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Cover your back hun"

agreed

only going to be your word against hers if things go pear shaped, and if she is pissed then its only a matter of time...

It could bite you in the arse as you are the only other person working there but if a customer complained to you or your boss about her smelling of booze...

By *errible_TwoCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

When I managed bars I always expected my assistant manager to report anything to me that wasn't acceptable even if she thought it was petty even when I was off cos if it comes back weeks or months later you can't turn round then and say I told you so if you haven't told her a little text saying sorry to contact you but I think you should know bla bla bla will cover you

If you are the boss... Act like a boss.

If you can, you are management material...;-)

"If you are the boss... Act like a boss.

If you can, you are management material...;-)"

im not the boss. im a part timer who just started this job last monday,,, and i don't want to stir shit or piss off my boss..its sad to say but i need this job so i can pay my bills each month so my partner doesn't have to... even though he is still picking up the full household bills till i can get a real job.. i just cant loose this job without having another one... thanks for all your advice peeps... ill drop her a text wednesday morning as i know she is seeing her mum tomorrow who isn't very well.. it will also give me a chance to see the other woman and see if she smells of alcohol again..

i hate responsibility... cant i just have lots of fun and sex and not worry about responsibility...

"

i hate responsibility... cant i just have lots of fun and sex and not worry about responsibility...

"

Course you can... On one condition...;-)

When you reach your 6th birthday, ask mummy and daddy for a pair of mans bits...

Every job, no matter how temporary, can be part of a learning curve of experiences which will help you towards your future...;-);-)

"

Course you can... On one condition...;-)

When you reach your 6th birthday, ask mummy and daddy for a pair of mans bits...

Every job, no matter how temporary, can be part of a learning curve of experiences which will help you towards your future...;-);-)

"

why would i want a pair of man's bits... my partner isnt gay or bi lol

and i know its a learning curve ( nearly put curse then lol) and what i have learned so far is never work with anyone who still wants to claim benefits, never offer to cover hours when you first start a job and never work in an adult store.

By *illyrocCouple  over a year ago

north west

Well if i was in charge and she came in smelling of booze id send her home without pay and tell her to come back when she is fit to do so.

It all depends on what you want out of working at this shop as its only a gap filling job, any way dont worry and just do your best and good luck

By *sMinxyWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I had this a few years ago, was working as a chef, and our kitchen porter came into work out of his mind, and reeking of booze... my boss was out of the hotel and uncontactable..

I made the decision to send him home, and then told my boss when he came back.

He said it was a good call to make and backed me up totally..

Is hard to be left to make decisions like this...

good luck xx

If she's been there longer than you, she might be on good terms with the boss and you could be opening a can of worms that can backfire on you. I really shouldn't worry about it, you've just started and don't know the score.

Just worry about your own job and shift.

"If she's been there longer than you, she might be on good terms with the boss and you could be opening a can of worms that can backfire on you. I really shouldn't worry about it, you've just started and don't know the score.

Just worry about your own job and shift.

"

she started 3 days after me

"

why would i want a pair of man's bits... my partner isnt gay or bi lol

and i know its a learning curve ( nearly put curse then lol) and what i have learned so far is never work with anyone who still wants to claim benefits, never offer to cover hours when you first start a job and never work in an adult store."

;-);-) Good answer...

Clarity, Diplomacy and Self knowledge...

As an old boss of mine once said "You'll do" ... And I did..;-)

Try to go to your boss with an answer rather than a question.

Good luck...;-)

wait until she turns up d*unk or smelling off booze - say u tell the boss unless she fucks you regularly - happy days

"wait until she turns up d*unk or smelling off booze - say u tell the boss unless she fucks you regularly - happy days "

she is pugly, a d*unk and really not my type of woman personality wise either.. im sure mark would give it a go just to tick one of the list though lol

"wait until she turns up d*unk or smelling off booze - say u tell the boss unless she fucks you regularly - happy days

she is pugly, a d*unk and really not my type of woman personality wise either.. im sure mark would give it a go just to tick one of the list though lol"

Maybe - you could rent her out when she is d*unk - make yourself and the shop some extra money !!! tell all the customers who purchase an outfit or a massive sex toy that they can try it out etc..

oohh - i can feel the forum heat - im going to put my tin hat on and retire.. lol

"wait until she turns up d*unk or smelling off booze - say u tell the boss unless she fucks you regularly - happy days

she is pugly, a d*unk and really not my type of woman personality wise either.. im sure mark would give it a go just to tick one of the list though lol

Maybe - you could rent her out when she is d*unk - make yourself and the shop some extra money !!! tell all the customers who purchase an outfit or a massive sex toy that they can try it out etc..

oohh - i can feel the forum heat - im going to put my tin hat on and retire.. lol "

i'd have to pay them

It's not uncommon to still smell of alcohol from the night before and it's more noticeable if you are not a big drinker. You'll smell it straight away. Did she smell of stale alcohol or was she actually d*unk? It makes a difference in whether she's able to perform her duties competently or not as she might just have had a heavy night and came straight to work from wherever she ended up from the night before.

If she's turned up at 1pm for her shift reeking of booze then that's a different matter and I'd tell her straight that you intend to let the boss know to cover your own arse.

"It's not uncommon to still smell of alcohol from the night before and it's more noticeable if you are not a big drinker. You'll smell it straight away. Did she smell of stale alcohol or was she actually d*unk? It makes a difference in whether she's able to perform her duties competently or not as she might just have had a heavy night and came straight to work from wherever she ended up from the night before.

If she's turned up at 1pm for her shift reeking of booze then that's a different matter and I'd tell her straight that you intend to let the boss know to cover your own arse."

she came in at 6pm... and it was definitely fresh... i know the night before smell.. but i came in this morning and all the lights were left on, which considering there are only 4 things to do when you are locking up - put the shutter down, lock the doors, turn off the lights, and set the alarm... - is kinda unacceptable.. if when i get in at 12 tomorrow she smells of booze i will be informing my boss.. i really cba with it... i just wanna cover my ass and get on with it till my boss gets back,

thanks for all your advice guys..

its that time of year. my mate went out for a crimbo bash this last sat until 5 am and then went to work at 7 am on sunday. im sure he smelt of alcohol and all the rest of it.

but he was coherent and able to work

» Add a new message to this topic