FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > PC Brigade Closet Fascists?

PC Brigade Closet Fascists?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

After hearing and reading a lot of (not always though choice) of Clarkson's comments last week.

I am forming the opinion that a number of his detractors are really only interested having a go, simply for the sake of having a go. And their only reason for being PC is that cannot pick on minorities any more.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Or they may just be expressing an opinion as Clarkson did..which is fair

To be Honest he does it on purpose to get a reaction..he got one..I'm surprised he apologised being the twunt that he appears to be

I do not care if he is PC or not I just do not find him funny, some do. Hey ho

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"After hearing and reading a lot of (not always though choice) of Clarkson's comments last week.

I am forming the opinion that a number of his detractors are really only interested having a go, simply for the sake of having a go. And their only reason for being PC is that cannot pick on minorities any more."

As Clarkson is allowed his opinion, so are other people. Obviously their opinion is not the same as yours, so you have decided to call them names, which isn't the best thing to do in a reasoned debate.

I loathe Clarkson, and have done for quite a while. If that makes me a fascist in your eyes then thats fine. I won't be losing ANY sleep about it.

well while we all rant on about him, at least it deflects from the fact that the country is in financial crisis

the government i'm sure are welcoming the blessed relief

pc ness i cant stand it ,however on a slightly diferant note ,why do we pussy foot around other religions mainly muslims now lets make it clear i strongly believe in live and let live ,but why do our schools town centers feel they have to apoligse for celabrating x mass for the risk of offending other religions that dont pertake in one of our relegios selabrations , i have a few friends that belong to the muslim faith and they dont have a problem with xmass,to me it seems like our PC council and mp that is causing this problem

"well while we all rant on about him, at least it deflects from the fact that the country is in financial crisis

the government i'm sure are welcoming the blessed relief "

I assumed Clarkson was their unofficial spokesperson

I think Clarkson has a right to his opinion it's just that the way he put it across was a tad too harsh! I think he had a partial point in what he was saying but stating people should be shot in front of their families was going a bit overboard. Even if he didn't mean it literally!

Should he be fired? No, I don't think so and people are too quick and knee jerk sometimes to expect someone to be fired for a faux pas. What he did was a bit out of order but not so much so to deserve that in my view. He should be disciplined, that much I believe in and not just a slap in the wrist. Perhaps fining him an extraordinary amount of cash but giving him the can would be a step too far.

"pc ness i cant stand it ,however on a slightly diferant note ,why do we pussy foot around other religions mainly muslims now lets make it clear i strongly believe in live and let live ,but why do our schools town centers feel they have to apoligse for celabrating x mass for the risk of offending other religions that dont pertake in one of our relegios selabrations , i have a few friends that belong to the muslim faith and they dont have a problem with xmass,to me it seems like our PC council and mp that is causing this problem"

Aaaah, the "I have friends who are...." defense - whoa there fella - your prejudices are showing - Clarkson to Muslims in a mightly leap - impressive even for these forums!

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"to me it seems like our PC council and mp that is causing this problem"

It's actually the media that propagate this, mainly the Mail and Express. If they have a slow news day near Xmas then they pull the old 'lefty loony council bans Christmas to keep other faiths happy' story, when neither the other faiths not the council have said any such thing. Sells papers to the gullible, you see.

clarkson is funny at times and he says what he does because he can in a free country..with all the crap in the world it tickles me why people waist so much effort on trivial crap..

my tuppence worth..

I was listening to George Gallaway on Friday night and despite other people who agreed with his political views saying it was nothing, thought he should be banished from the airwaves.

i did say i was on a dif subject ,not such a large jump is it ,please say you are not one whe is afraid to speak out because you might offend ,best get down off the fence

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

"to me it seems like our PC council and mp that is causing this problem

It's actually the media that propagate this, mainly the Mail and Express. If they have a slow news day near Xmas then they pull the old 'lefty loony council bans Christmas to keep other faiths happy' story, when neither the other faiths not the council have said any such thing. Sells papers to the gullible, you see."

I can see this point and broadly agree, but those papers wouldn't be able to print the stories and sell the papers to "the gullible" if there wasn't some element of truth!

And, on another but related note, apart from you don't agree with their views, what is actually wrong with the Express and the Mail? (BTW.. I never buy a paper, but get my news from a broad spectrum of news outlets. Therefore I have no axe to grind either way )

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

what is actually wrong with the Express and the Mail? "

they consistently pander to a right wing agenda, anti european, anti immigration in a country where we have by and large integrated other cultures etc into 'our society' oh for about 300 years and we are better for it imho.

yes all papers are slanted by their owners political agenda, but the daily hell and the express stopped being 'newspapers' decades ago along with the mirror, again imho.

Rushden

"

what is actually wrong with the Express and the Mail?

they consistently pander to a right wing agenda, anti european, anti immigration in a country where we have by and large integrated other cultures etc into 'our society' oh for about 300 years and we are better for it imho.

yes all papers are slanted by their owners political agenda, but the daily hell and the express stopped being 'newspapers' decades ago along with the mirror, again imho.

"

"integrated other cultures etc into 'our society'"

Not so much integrated though is it? What has happened IMHO is that the English (Yes, the English) identity has been watered down to a level where we actually have no sense of "belonging" anymore. When our most popular National radio station celebrates all cultures but will not afford the same level of airtime to St.Georges Day! In fact it celebrated St Patricks day in grand style!

The Mail is the second most popular paper in the UK, so someone is buying it! The Express is 6th and the Mirror is 3rd The Mail has been in this position or very close since at least 2000! I can understand that you may not like it, but millions buy it every day…

in Lancashire

"

"integrated other cultures etc into 'our society'"

Not so much integrated though is it? What has happened IMHO is that the English (Yes, the English) identity has been watered down to a level where we actually have no sense of "belonging" anymore. When our most popular National radio station celebrates all cultures but will not afford the same level of airtime to St.Georges Day! In fact it celebrated St Patricks day in grand style!

The Mail is the second most popular paper in the UK, so someone is buying it! The Express is 6th and the Mirror is 3rd The Mail has been in this position or very close since at least 2000! I can understand that you may not like it, but millions buy it every day…

"

Depends on your perception of integration, some will say its tolerance and living together others will take a more insular viewpoint. Of course there is a broad spectrum in between.

By and large we are a mixture of different races and have been for hundreds of years, how many can trace their lineage back and say yes i am 'English'? Whatever that means.

Us Brits are by and large a tolerant people.

By the way just what is English (Yes, English)?

Personally i would never want to belong to what a small minority perceive to be their idea of Englishness.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

It's actually the media that propagate this, mainly the Mail and Express. If they have a slow news day near Xmas then they pull the old 'lefty loony council bans Christmas to keep other faiths happy' story, when neither the other faiths not the council have said any such thing. Sells papers to the gullible, you see.

I can see this point and broadly agree, but those papers wouldn't be able to print the stories and sell the papers to "the gullible" if there wasn't some element of truth!

And, on another but related note, apart from you don't agree with their views, what is actually wrong with the Express and the Mail? (BTW.. I never buy a paper, but get my news from a broad spectrum of news outlets. Therefore I have no axe to grind either way )"

Indeed...there have been loads of instances where 'Christmas' has become 'winter celebration' etc..It reminds me of the do gooding Councillor who proposed that the 'St' in the Catholic schools in north London was dropped in case it 'offended' the local Jew/Muslim population..

Unsurprisingly you had the normal 'the looney left' are at it again' outcry...but more worryingly...an undercurrent of people saying 'these (insert ethnic group here) come over here demanding this and that blah blah blah'...

When, the truth be known...they really couldnt give a toss about what we call christmas or what colour the chalk/black/white/writing board is...

Or the fact that we dare to use the 'B' word when ordering a coffee without milk...it really isnt a problem to them..

But the PC brigade, on their way to utopia are slowly making it an issue by alienating one group and putting another on a pedestal..

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

And, on another but related note, apart from you don't agree with their views, what is actually wrong with the Express and the Mail? (BTW.. I never buy a paper, but get my news from a broad spectrum of news outlets. Therefore I have no axe to grind either way )

Indeed...there have been loads of instances where 'Christmas' has become 'winter celebration' etc..It reminds me of the do gooding Councillor who proposed that the 'St' in the Catholic schools in north London was dropped in case it 'offended' the local Jew/Muslim population..

Unsurprisingly you had the normal 'the looney left' are at it again' outcry...but more worryingly...an undercurrent of people saying 'these (insert ethnic group here) come over here demanding this and that blah blah blah'...

When, the truth be known...they really couldnt give a toss about what we call christmas or what colour the chalk/black/white/writing board is...

Or the fact that we dare to use the 'B' word when ordering a coffee without milk...it really isnt a problem to them..

But the PC brigade, on their way to utopia are slowly making it an issue by alienating one group and putting another on a pedestal.."

There has not been a single case of Christmas being re branded a winter celebration,the fact you think there has shows how dangerous the mail and express are ,their constant drip feed of hatred and bigotry spread lies.

After the levenson revelations does any one need reminding that papers make things up!

No one ever renamed a blackboard(they are called whiteboards because they are white),banned baa baa black sheep(as a kindergarten teacher i can explain why the substitution of adjectives in a nursery rhyme is the start of teaching grammar if you are really interested.)

As for your last claim,i cant find it anywhere on google but since catholic schools are voluntary aided i dont see what relevance it has anyway,as they are controlled by the diocese .

A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. Mark Twain

"There has not been a single case of Christmas being re branded a winter celebration,"

In 2005 Lambeth Council caused outrage when it renamed its Christmas lights "Winter Lights", apparently for fear of offending other faiths.

And in 1998 Christmas was apparently rebranded "Winterval" in Birmingham - although the council insists it was simply a promotional campaign to drive business into its newly regenerated town centre.

In 2005 Lambeth caused anger when it renamed its Christmas lights "winter lights".

Source: London Evening Standard

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23988961-bonfire-frightcouncil-gives-guy-new-name.do

I quoted my source. Did it say 'The Daily Mail' anywhere in there?

And as most of the retail sector start stocking their shelves with Christmas produce as soon as Guy Fawkes Night has passed they hardly need an incentive to extend the Christmas period, do they.

Britain has been a land of immigrants for more than 2000 years. Whatever English means it possibly suggests of Anglo Saxon descent? Which is ironic considering they were of Germanic descent. After that came the Romans and it is estimated that more than 50% of the white population has Roman DNA in their system - so what does that make them? Let's not also forget the French/English DNA dribble that sits across SE England and Northern France.

Modern immigration is quite an emotive subject because it is only in the last 100 years or so that people of a different colour started to arrive and unfortunately the colour issue stirs bigotry.

It is a feature of our island history that has gone on for 2000 years and will no doubt continue in the future.

Rushden

Just a small clarification to what I said earlier. When I talk of the “watering down” of Englishness, I don’t only talk exclusively of celebrations that have been changed as Wishy pointed out. I also talk of organisations like the BNP who have stolen the English and British flags to use as an emblem of their bigotry.

Because of that, for a few years it was deemed not a good idea to fly one in whatever way, lest people see you as a bigot! I have no problem with immigration or emigration (is this where I insert “some of my best friends? Lol)

What I do have a problem with is those who come to live here and don’t bother to learn the language! Those who will not get involved in society as a whole and try to impose no go areas on the rest of the population. I can understand that some may feel intimidated by certain members of our society, but without the full cooperation of those who feel aggrieved, we will never get close to stamping it out!

As for the newspapers? As I said, I have no axe to grind as I never buy them! But out of 11,107,604 newspapers sold, 4,704,851 are sold by The Express, The Mail, The Mirror and The Star. Very nearly half.. Add into that The Sun who are borderline in the same category and IMO are slipping further that way, and you have to add another 3,006,565 making a total of newspaper sales for “that” kind of paper in the region of 7,711,416. That doesn’t make them right, but it does give an indication on the thoughts of the British people, if paper buying really is indicative of political views!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_newspapers_in_the_United_Kingdom_by_circulation

Sad? Maybe.. True? Certainly.. Changeable? Definitely

in Lancashire

"Just a small clarification to what I said earlier. When I talk of the “watering down” of Englishness, I don’t only talk exclusively of celebrations that have been changed as Wishy pointed out. I also talk of organisations like the BNP who have stolen the English and British flags to use as an emblem of their bigotry.

Because of that, for a few years it was deemed not a good idea to fly one in whatever way, lest people see you as a bigot! I have no problem with immigration or emigration (is this where I insert “some of my best friends? Lol)

What I do have a problem with is those who come to live here and don’t bother to learn the language! Those who will not get involved in society as a whole and try to impose no go areas on the rest of the population. I can understand that some may feel intimidated by certain members of our society, but without the full cooperation of those who feel aggrieved, we will never get close to stamping it out!

As for the newspapers? As I said, I have no axe to grind as I never buy them! But out of 11,107,604 newspapers sold, 4,704,851 are sold by The Express, The Mail, The Mirror and The Star. Very nearly half.. Add into that The Sun who are borderline in the same category and IMO are slipping further that way, and you have to add another 3,006,565 making a total of newspaper sales for “that” kind of paper in the region of 7,711,416. That doesn’t make them right, but it does give an indication on the thoughts of the British people, if paper buying really is indicative of political views!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_newspapers_in_the_United_Kingdom_by_circulation

Sad? Maybe.. True? Certainly.. Changeable? Definitely

"

Tend to agree with most of what you say, dont get excited by 'celebrations' personally as most are 'led' by corporations etc only interested in making money.

Sod all to do with the actual event, wtf is trick or treat about lol. Not even one of ours

i think the political bias and agenda by most papers is because in general most people are happy to be spoon fed their opinions and knowledge of what is going on, history etc.

their sales will only continue to slide post Leveson...

"

In 2005 Lambeth Council caused outrage when it renamed its Christmas lights "Winter Lights", apparently for fear of offending other faiths.

In 2005 Lambeth caused anger when it renamed its Christmas lights "winter lights".

Source: London Evening Standard

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23988961-bonfire-frightcouncil-gives-guy-new-name.do

Winerval and winter lights were economic incentives,both councils had Christmas trees, Christmas decorations and specific Christian celebrations.

"

I used to live in Brixton. Around the mid 80's Lambeth council decided the needed new xmas lights and to save money bought second hand ones from Blackpool Council. None of them were christmassy. Some of them were parrots!!

The people who lived there used to just roll there eyes and let them get on with it

I believe most extremists believe in, whether it be racial, religious or whatever by a matter of chance, maybe its the first thing they stumbled upon, something they believe they can profit from or hold a grudge of some kind.

I'm really casting the aspersion that members of the PC brigade, who look for offence in everything are in fact extremists of another form. Maybe more subtle, definitely cleverer because they use language which give the impression that they care. When they really want mind control and people walking on eggshells, like certain religious, political movements.

A lot of the comments here show just how dangerous rags like the mail are. They take things and twist them beyond belief, using the minimum amount of accuracy they can get away with, if anybody wants to learn a bit about tabloid journalist I they should go listen to the testimony of some of the reporters in the Leverson inquiry, they clearly explain how these newspapers operate. They also push these urban myths, like the England flag/shirts being banned during the world cup, the renaming of Christmas, all have a tiny bit of truth, a pub that kept getting trashed by Milwall and west ham fans banned team shirts and flags during the world cup, smart move, twisted to bits within days by the rags, an event in November gets changed to a different name and Christmas is being banned, oddly enough I thought Christmas came at the end of December, the amount of damage these things do is massive, the amount of people that drop these stupid examples in with their bigoted bile is actually shocking.

"Britain has been a land of immigrants for more than 2000 years. Whatever English means it possibly suggests of Anglo Saxon descent? Which is ironic considering they were of Germanic descent. After that came the Romans and it is estimated that more than 50% of the white population has Roman DNA in their system - so what does that make them? Let's not also forget the French/English DNA dribble that sits across SE England and Northern France.

Modern immigration is quite an emotive subject because it is only in the last 100 years or so that people of a different colour started to arrive and unfortunately the colour issue stirs bigotry.

It is a feature of our island history that has gone on for 2000 years and will no doubt continue in the future."

As an Historian I have to say, in the nicest possible way that you need to do a little more reading . The English (and that's English, not British) are, as Dr.Thomas puts it 'a largely Germanic people speaking a largely Germanic language' and it would be very surprising if '50% ' of the population had Roman dna given that the Romans left Britain BEFORE the ancestors of the English came here.

As far as French dna is concerned, I don't know where you got that from, but given that from estimates based on Domesday, only about 6000 Normans (themselves of Scandinavian and therefore of Germanic descent) settled in England, which had an estimated population of one and a half to two million people, it is highly unlikely that many people in modern England have any French dna apart from the aristocracy.

And there is nothing 'ironic' about the English being Germanic, or about the Scandinavians, Dutch and Germans being Germanic either.

The only other thing I would say , as a Welshman, is that the English should bugger off back to Germany.

Twll din pob sais.

Cant we just all talk about sex for a change?!

"

As far as French dna is concerned, I don't know where you got that from, but given that from estimates based on Domesday, only about 6000 Normans (themselves of Scandinavian and therefore of Germanic descent) settled in England, which had an estimated population of one and a half to two million people, it is highly unlikely that many people in modern England have any French dna apart from the aristocracy."

I must be one of the 6,000 then cos Im' definately part French. A wee little part I admit. But I've traced my Frenchy back and he wasn't an invading Norman, he was tax collector who arrived in England sometime in the late 15th Century. Mon dieu, mon ami, in me bestest DelBoy accent.

any chance of getting a "yawn" smiley ???

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"Cant we just all talk about sex for a change?! "

Feel free to open a thread about sex and I am sure many will join in....

"

As far as French dna is concerned, I don't know where you got that from, but given that from estimates based on Domesday, only about 6000 Normans (themselves of Scandinavian and therefore of Germanic descent) settled in England, which had an estimated population of one and a half to two million people, it is highly unlikely that many people in modern England have any French dna apart from the aristocracy.

"

And I'm descended from French Hugenots so I have some French DNA too

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

========================================

There has not been a single case of Christmas being re branded a winter celebration,the fact you think there has shows how dangerous the mail and express are ,their constant drip feed of hatred and bigotry spread lies.

After the levenson revelations does any one need reminding that papers make things up!

No one ever renamed a blackboard(they are called whiteboards because they are white),banned baa baa black sheep(as a kindergarten teacher i can explain why the substitution of adjectives in a nursery rhyme is the start of teaching grammar if you are really interested.)

As for your last claim,i cant find it anywhere on google but since catholic schools are voluntary aided i dont see what relevance it has anyway,as they are controlled by the diocese .

=======================================

The wintermas/winterval/wintercelebration is a fact...or should I say was...as the do gooders, I think have finally realised they are backing a loser..

The Baa Baa black sheep thing, I beleive, is/was an urban legend/myth..however the gollywog on the jam jar was the beginning of a lot of this nonsense..did a rag doll really offend the black population of this country?..I think not...nor I doubt did black people ring in to complain about the black and white minstrels..

I dont read the mail or the Express..in fact I rarely read any of the Tabloids...they all have their own agenda and try to coheres their readers into believing want they want..

The Catholic School 'story' is also 100% true..I dont intentionally peddle lies or prevaricate the truth in order to bolster my own arguments..the local Jewish and Muslim groups in the area told they guy to knock it off as it really wasnt an issue.

My wife, (who doesnt read the mail, express and isnt a member of the EDL/BNP! either) was on a 'diversity' course some 3 years ago when the lady taking to group suggested that we say 'coffee no milk' instead of black coffee'...following lunch 12 out of the original 15 delegates failed to return on the strength of her stupidity.

Re the comment about the horrible EDL or BNP hijacking our national flags I think its such a shame that it has now become a symbol of racism...but I guess they have to wave something apart from a Swastika.

"I quoted my source. Did it say 'The Daily Mail' anywhere in there?)"

I assume you know who publishes the eveing Standard though?

"I quoted my source. Did it say 'The Daily Mail' anywhere in there?)

I assume you know who publishes the eveing Standard though? "

FYI, the owner of the Mail sold the Evening Standard to the owner of the Independent a few years back.

The origin of more than one scare story that have been circulated by email rather than via the press has been proven to be within the BNP. Which to me says a lot.

OP, I'd be interested in how you define PC. To me those that use it as an insult are normally those that are trying to defend attacks upon their own prejudices. The comparison to fachism is laughable.

"

As an Historian I have to say, in the nicest possible way that you need to do a little more reading . The English (and that's English, not British) are, as Dr.Thomas puts it 'a largely Germanic people speaking a largely Germanic language' and it would be very surprising if '50% ' of the population had Roman dna given that the Romans left Britain BEFORE the ancestors of the English came here.

And there is nothing 'ironic' about the English being Germanic, or about the Scandinavians, Dutch and Germans being Germanic either.

The only other thing I would say , as a Welshman, is that the English should bugger off back to Germany.

Twll din pob sais.

"

You have agreed with me if you re read the post and your response - Who are the English I asked? I suggested they were Germanic - not what many would consider to be English. The Romans DID reprodruce inter and cross race and many stayed. If 6,000 Normans stayed then - just factor up by multiple generations to the present day and what have you got?

A great big melting pot, very little of which many might consider to be "English."

I am simply making the point that immigration has been going on since the Roman times (probably before) and has been a part of our make up ever since.

What is English then?

"I quoted my source. Did it say 'The Daily Mail' anywhere in there?)

I assume you know who publishes the eveing Standard though?

FYI, the owner of the Mail sold the Evening Standard to the owner of the Independent a few years back."

Wishy was quoting a link from 6 years ago, pretty sure it was owned by The Mail then?

"

it is highly unlikely that many people in modern England have any French dna apart from the aristocracy.

And I'm descended from French Hugenots so I have some French DNA too"

6,000 factored up over multiple generations and cross reproducing will be a very large number of people today (I am no mathematician - but it might be an interesting exercise!)

Clarkson didn't say what he believes. He doesnt believe that public sector strikers should be shot in front of their families. He said he because he wrongly thought he was being funny. it was stupid, it wasn't funny, and he ended up looking a complete fool.

Mulsims DO NOT get offended at Christmas.

Blackboards are STILL called blackboards.

Baa baa black sheep is STILL sung in schools.

To quote the great Steve Earle "Immigration is our past, our present, and thank god it will be our future"

" ended up looking a complete fool.

"

He'll end up having a lot more money. Clarkson probably can't believe how well it went.

TAKE A FUCKING JOKE IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY

» Add a new message to this topic