FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > So Proud

So Proud

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eavy Metal Ballz OP   Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

I went to my sons first ever gig tonight, Awesome, feel so proud, he is a bit of an axe man!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Awwww sweet,bet you are a very proud dad...well done to your son.just hope ya didnt dad dance??...

One of those defining moments in life when you look at your son and think, "Where the fuck did that deep voice appear from!" and then you realise he's not a boy anymore.

"One of those defining moments in life when you look at your son and think, "Where the fuck did that deep voice appear from!" and then you realise he's not a boy anymore. "

Same with daughters. I went shopping with my daughter the other day, but it wasn't for school uniform but her wedding dress. My baby girl is grown woman.

"One of those defining moments in life when you look at your son and think, "Where the fuck did that deep voice appear from!" and then you realise he's not a boy anymore.

Same with daughters. I went shopping with my daughter the other day, but it wasn't for school uniform but her wedding dress. My baby girl is grown woman. "

I know the feeling. Only last night my 14y/o text me and said, "Dad, can I have a pair of Dr Martens for Xmas, they're only £81."

£81 fookin quid to a pair of bovver boots! I used to wear them 30 years ago and it was only to kick someone's head in, and they sure weren't £81 fookin quid then!

Seems they are a fashion item now.

(didn't really kick anyone's head in, it was more a sort of 'you bunch of twats' name calling - lob a few bricks and run away affair. Ho hum, those heady days of my youth.)

"One of those defining moments in life when you look at your son and think, "Where the fuck did that deep voice appear from!" and then you realise he's not a boy anymore.

Same with daughters. I went shopping with my daughter the other day, but it wasn't for school uniform but her wedding dress. My baby girl is grown woman.

I know the feeling. Only last night my 14y/o text me and said, "Dad, can I have a pair of Dr Martens for Xmas, they're only £81."

£81 fookin quid to a pair of bovver boots! I used to wear them 30 years ago and it was only to kick someone's head in, and they sure weren't £81 fookin quid then!

(didn't really kick anyone's head in, it was more a sort of 'you bunch of twats' name calling - lob a few bricks and run away affair. Ho hum, those heady days of my youth.) "

Brace yourself! That's nothing, my daughter's wedding dress and veil cost £2,500...courtesy of mum. I've also paid for the honeymoon, 10th days in the Maldives...so you'd better start saving!

My other daughter said she only wanted wellies for her birthday. I was impressed until she said Hunters...£105 a pair!

(didn't really kick anyone's head in, it was more a sort of 'you bunch of twats' name calling - lob

a few bricks and run away affair. Ho hum, those heady days of my youth.)

Brace yourself! That's nothing, my daughter's wedding dress and veil cost £2,500...courtesy of mum. I've also paid for the honeymoon, 10th days in the Maldives...so you'd better start saving!

My other daughter said she only wanted wellies for her birthday. I was impressed until she said Hunters...£105 a pair! "

Ohhhh love my hunters they are worth every penny ,as are my daughters dr ms.....yes get the cheque book out kids ave re invented all our ole stuff with a higher price tag on....think i best start saving now for the wedding dress...yikes....all the best to your daughter and future hubby.

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

Same with daughters. I went shopping with my daughter the other day, but it wasn't for school uniform but her wedding dress. My baby girl is grown woman. "

Wait until the wedding day and you will be a blubbering wreck

What a fantastic sensation

we have two daughters who have both had there houses refurbished at a cost stupid amounts of money last year and now thay are both getting married next year (bloody kids)

"we have two daughters who have both had there houses refurbished at a cost stupid amounts of money last year and now thay are both getting married next year (bloody kids)"

well for all those looking for top quality wedding dresses check out light in the box.. the costs are tiny but they are all hand made and you can get them made to measure so you know they are perfect..i have two regular evening dresses from there and they are both fantastic!

I was at my sons football debut when he played for one of the local non league semi pro teams, when he was 18.

Can't tell you how proud I felt

Then I was in the gym with my youngest when he first benched 100kgs. I'd trained with him and saw the same competitive determination for his sport that his brother had shown for his.

My nipper is 20kgs in front of me now on his bench, and again, I'm so so proud

awww thats lovely its an amazing feeling when they make your heart burst with pride you really can't beat it

our youngest is doing it constantly at the moment i have to wear waterproof mascara all the time now

our oldest does it too but not on the same level he is a completely different creature to his brother but i know for certain he will have his moment to shine soon he is just a slow burner bless him

enjoy it hun there will be many more moments like this for you i'm certain

xxxxxxxx

I recall my parents being at my first gig... dont think they were impressed but hope they were proud!

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

my baby girl passes out on Friday,lance corporal of the british inteligence corp gulp

(didn't really kick anyone's head in, it was more a sort of 'you bunch of twats' name calling - lob

a few bricks and run away affair. Ho hum, those heady days of my youth.)

My other daughter said she only wanted wellies for her birthday. I was impressed until she said Hunters...£105 a pair!

Ohhhh love my hunters they are worth every penny ,as are my daughters dr ms.....yes get the cheque book out kids ave re invented all our ole stuff with a higher price tag on....think i best start saving now for the wedding dress...yikes....all the best to your daughter and future hubby. "

Aah thanks. He's a lovely lad, treats my daughter like a princess, can't ask for more than that!

"my baby girl passes out on Friday,lance corporal of the british inteligence corp gulp"

I bet your consumed in equal measures pride and trepidation. X

from a town near you

yes i am ,she said thank you mum for always supporting me,i know how hard it must be,cos i know you and your a worrier,love her

"my baby girl passes out on Friday,lance corporal of the british inteligence corp gulp"

thats wonderful congratulations, our sons pass out was an amazing day he won an award to boot and didn't tell us i held it together all day but by the time we got home i was in absolute floods

its all exciting for them but scarey for us mums for sure but i still couldn't be prouder

from a town near you

im hoping i can keep it together till i get home too, thank you

» Add a new message to this topic