FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > De-individuation

De-individuation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Its a very interesting concept this, not to sound patronising but for those of you who dont know, de-individuation is when individual people have the chance to act annonymously so act or make decisions that they otherwise wouldnt make i.e its what causes people to become rioters or internet bullys, and since i learned of this (courtesy of derren brown) i have found that it is definately apparent in these forums what do you all think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

possibly, as i uess there is a level of annonimity on here

i like to think that i post on here as i am when you get to know me

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

someones watched derren brown

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Its a very interesting concept this, not to sound patronising but for those of you who dont know, de-individuation is when individual people have the chance to act annonymously so act or make decisions that they otherwise wouldnt make i.e its what causes people to become rioters or internet bullys, and since i learned of this (courtesy of derren brown) i have found that it is definately apparent in these forums what do you all think?"

it depends but you have to also realise that people from this forum will and do go to clubs.. and to socials... so there is a fair amount of interaction, and not just sitting behind a screen.......

I like to stand up and be counted, therefore, I seldom do anything anonymously.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I like to stand up and be counted, therefore, I seldom do anything anonymously. "

I always say to people there is no need to worry about me stabbing you in the back, because if i have anything I'd get you between the eyes......

"Its a very interesting concept this, not to sound patronising but for those of you who dont know, de-individuation is when individual people have the chance to act annonymously so act or make decisions that they otherwise wouldnt make i.e its what causes people to become rioters or internet bullys, and since i learned of this (courtesy of derren brown) i have found that it is definately apparent in these forums what do you all think?"

How can you make the comparison unless you have first hand experience of what said forum-ites are like in a situation where they will be held accountable?

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I am not involved in any other forums, only this one. Although having read comments posted about Adele on You Tube, I think this one is cool.

Sure it could be a little more welcoming at times, more patient with new posters etc, etc.

But overall, I think the community who do meet up... welcome with open arms the people who go to socials & clubs.

Sure there are squabbles, heated exchanges... but no community gets on all of the time.

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

The way I get on in forums is the same way as when I meet people, with me what you see is what you get. The only differnce is I may be a little quieter when 1st meeting someone but that isn't for long

Apart for when I need to be serious... Im as lively on here as I am in life..;-)

Nurse...!!! Wheres me medication...

And Mr. Frears, who had sticky out ears.

And it made him awful shy.

So they gave him medicinal compound,

And now he's learning how to fly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czLBI9zrdqY

» Add a new message to this topic