FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How faithful are you?

How faithful are you?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Have you ever swapped the team you supported? Example Chelsea's pitiful performance this year, have you ever swapped your loyalties?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Dunna do footie anyway lol

That's the OHs passion not mine xx

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Nope West Ham through and through although as we live in Norwich always look out for them too but (if) when they play each other it has to be West Ham (sorry Delia)

"Have you ever swapped the team you supported? Example Chelsea's pitiful performance this year, have you ever swapped your loyalties?

"

As a lifelong Chelsea fan..no..that's what loyalty is about surely..

Pitiful? Really?

"Have you ever swapped the team you supported? Example Chelsea's pitiful performance this year, have you ever swapped your loyalties?

"

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! My veins are filled with blood the colour of my team no matter how dire/good they are performing. My blood is not red or blue btw!!!

That's like asking one to change one's nationality. Absolutely not.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! My veins are filled with blood the colour of my team no matter how dire/good they are performing. My blood is not red or blue btw!!! "

Was gonna say, Kettering Town are a bit naff.

Hmmmm Pink, Man City reserves?

Bradford

Nah, even though living in the shadows of Valley Parade and Elland Road ( shite-hole) i have stayed true to my one team, Man Utd. 1965 to date.

My second team has admittedly varied from Hamilton Academicals, through Scarborough, Braga and now Fleetwood Town.

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

not a chance, been a Jambo through hell and high water for 35 years and season ticket holder for 24 of them!

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! My veins are filled with blood the colour of my team no matter how dire/good they are performing. My blood is not red or blue btw!!!

Was gonna say, Kettering Town are a bit naff.

Hmmmm Pink, Man City reserves? "

Throw your dart again without a blindfold on this time

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

I'm not an avid football fan but I've supported Southampton ever since I was a nipper and saw plenty of games back in their heyday (the Le Tis Years) at the Dell - still follow them but don't get the chance to see many games these days.

I'd never foresake them, but I have had held some affections and passing affiliations with other sides as I've moved around the country - I watched the Swans play a few times when I lived in south wales - they play pretty nice footie - nice quick open passing moving play - quite a change from the usual more "agricultural" style of other 1st Div and Championship sides. Not watched them at all since they got promoted to the prem tho.

By *urns007Man  over a year ago

bridgend

ah i see you live in bradford and support man united.

Sorry but i dont call that loyalty mate

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As a lifelong Chelsea fan..no..that's what loyalty is about surely..

Pitiful? Really?"

Nooo never losing my love for Chelsea, will back them silverwear or not. I just used as an example.

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

"ah i see you live in bradford and support man united.

"

I remember reading in Frank Skinner's autobiography about how he chose which team to support when he was a kid - by means of a ruler and an ordnance survey map

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

"

yep we call them man scum round here

No Birmingham through and through even though I never go back. Unusually in view of local rivalries I have a soft spot for West Brom becuase I was living over there when they first got promoted to the Premiership and the atmosphere that day was brilliant. Equally there is only Rugby team and that is Moseley. To me, you support the team local to where you were born or the team your parents support and you support them for life.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Nope villain here and could never think of supporting another team...

yep we call them man scum round here"

I don't take too kindly to be referred to as 'scum'.

Reading through this thread I've noticed several Chelsea fans that don't live in Chelsea, or even London at all come to that. Do you call them scum too?

[Removed by poster at 02/12/11 22:36:42]

Reading through this thread I've noticed several Chelsea fans that don't live in Chelsea, or even London at all come to that. Do you call them scum too? "

I'd never assume someones location now would have a bearing on where they grew up and which team they support. It;s daft to pull a man u fan for living in bradford..or any where else..except maybe guildford In my own defence I grew up in SW London

Bradford

"

You've never watched Bradford City.

Forum Mod

Lets not get childish and start name calling over a football team

A friend of mine chose his as a child from sticking a pin in a football mag and he has supported that team since then even though its not his local one

"

I visited Bradford once but it was shut!

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

Reading through this thread I've noticed several Chelsea fans that don't live in Chelsea, or even London at all come to that. Do you call them scum too? "

its nothing personal,its always been that way ,i was brought up with three bros and they all supported diffrent teams,saturday afternoon at our house was a nightmare,but it was always taken with a pinch of salt

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i'm so unfaithful i changed sports all together lol

used to play footie at school and supported Man U

but now its all about the rugger

See when I saw this, I thought it was about how faithful you are to your partner not football

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"Nope villain here and could never think of supporting another team... "

Good girl. You know it makes sense!

Us Villa fans haven't had much to cheer about since.... ooh, forever. You don't tend to get glory fans at Villa Park

Bradford

I visited Bradford once but it was shut! "

Lucky you.

Reading through this thread I've noticed several Chelsea fans that don't live in Chelsea, or even London at all come to that. Do you call them scum too? its nothing personal,its always been that way ,i was brought up with three bros and they all supported diffrent teams,saturday afternoon at our house was a nightmare,but it was always taken with a pinch of salt"

Nothing personal to you maybe, but to me it's highly personal. I'm tired of having to continually justify why I support the team I do. My family are all Spurs fans and with an older brother by 13 months when we were kids he hated me doing anything the same as him so when it came to picking a team to support I couldn't see my way clear to supporting the same team as him. In the 70s it would have been so easy to pick Liverpool as they were winning pretty much everything, but I chose United for the simple reason that I had read about George Best and that was it.

I don't dislike any other fan of any other team, to me they are all worthy of the respect they deserve for following the teams that they do, for whatever reason and regardless of whether they come from the town of their club or not.

Sure I enjoy the banter and the rivallry, but I'd never dream of calling another person 'scum' simply because they follow a team that wears different colours to my own.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Nope villain here and could never think of supporting another team...

Good girl. You know it makes sense!

Us Villa fans haven't had much to cheer about since.... ooh, forever. You don't tend to get glory fans at Villa Park "

tis true

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

I couldnt support anyone else..going to another ground and watching someone else just doesnt feel 'right'and I really dont get all this 'oh they are my second team' crap either..

But what I really dont get is people who claim to, ahem, 'support' a team who they have never seen and have no affinity with the city, town or area that the club is from...boys and men support them because they are 'good' and women support them because they either fancy one of the players or the replica shirts are the current vogue..

Kills me when someone says 'oh I support (add a team____________does it end with 'united???) ..I always ask them to name three players and their positions..their faces are a picture!

Livingston

"

I'm from Livingston but the town didn't actually have a team when I was growing up... they do now, so should I change allegiance from a team I have supported since I was 7 just because a new team is in town???

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

yep we call them man scum round here"

They call em 'plastic' everywhere else

Nah..joking aside...I think there are more important things to worry about than who someone supports..and as for wanting to punch someones lights out because of it???!!?!?...thats way off the radar for me...but the banter at grounds can be hilarious..providing people dont overstep the mark and sing about certain tragedies that ave hit the the club or its supporters...no time for that nonsense..

Bradford

I'm from Livingston but the town didn't actually have a team when I was growing up... they do now, so should I change allegiance from a team I have supported since I was 7 just because a new team is in town???"

You you should change 'cos the Jammies are shite lol

Livingston

I'm from Livingston but the town didn't actually have a team when I was growing up... they do now, so should I change allegiance from a team I have supported since I was 7 just because a new team is in town???

You you should change 'cos the Jammies are shite lol "

Jambos, Mushy, Jambos!!! and they're no as shite as Hibs lol x

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

oh hell no.........

arsenal till I die.... wouldn't ever dream of switching... i am sure thats against all the laws of natural justice anyway

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Derby born & bred. Used to love going to the away matches when we were in the old Division 3 (League 1) and we usually took more support than the home team had!

"

nope im a mansfield girl thro and thro no matter where i live, always supports stags, even tho they shit and never win anything lol always will

wiganer born and bred, livin other side of manc now but will never ever support another team, was watchin the latics since before we "came good"

By *ethany10Couple  over a year ago

falkirk

Nope, Man Utd fan since 1963 through bad and good times.

Fans of Premier League giants Manchester United are facing the prospect of a long journey up the M6 after they were handed an FA Cup third round tie against Manchester City.

Some supporters of the current Premier League champions have revealed that actually going to a game will prove too difficult, and they will have to make do with watching the game on television like they normally do anyway.

“I was hoping for something a bit more local,” said disappointed fan Richard Young.

“I’ve supported United since they started winning everything, and I haven’t missed a game that’s been televised since.”

“Hopefully if we win through to round four we’ll get a local derby against Swindon.”

I wonder how many supporters Forest have now compared to 1980.

"Fans of Premier League giants Manchester United are facing the prospect of a long journey up the M6 after they were handed an FA Cup third round tie against Manchester City.

Some supporters of the current Premier League champions have revealed that actually going to a game will prove too difficult, and they will have to make do with watching the game on television like they normally do anyway.

“I was hoping for something a bit more local,” said disappointed fan Richard Young.

“I’ve supported United since they started winning everything, and I haven’t missed a game that’s been televised since.”

“Hopefully if we win through to round four we’ll get a local derby against Swindon.”

"

I agree with this fellow about Man U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpzTv5fHgn0

[Removed by poster at 05/12/11 16:58:09]

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I wonder how many supporters Forest have now compared to 1980. "

Oi no swearing please

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

No I'm afraid the team you start with is the one you stick with through thick and thin and cause its Everton for me that means its usually thin. This rule should apply to everyone, Unless you are Italian then you can swop and change as often as you please! As quoted by my Grandad who was one minute with the Italians and the next they handed him over to the Germans! Cheers for that one mate

Bradford

Still faithful

TOON ARMY for life

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

Life long Liverpool supporter could never change

have gone from watching torquay united to plymouth argyle when they were in the championship but all gone wrong now

When liverpool play life stops for me it is the most important thing

Potters forever!!!

» Add a new message to this topic