FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What a load of balls !!

What a load of balls !!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uckoo clock OP   Couple  over a year ago

Merseyside

Just watched Ed Balls respond to the Autum budget with 'the governments economic policy is in tatters'.

Of course he is entitled to his view and is even paid to do it but party politics aside, given that he was chief economic advisor to the last government, isnt it a bit like Stalin giving a speech on human rights, Hitler about racial equality,or maybe putting a convicted arsonist in charge of a fireworks factory ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"Just watched Ed Balls respond to the Autum budget with 'the governments economic policy is in tatters'.

Of course he is entitled to his view and is even paid to do it but party politics aside, given that he was chief economic advisor to the last government, isnt it a bit like Stalin giving a speech on human rights, Hitler about racial equality,or maybe putting a convicted arsonist in charge of a fireworks factory ?? "

Nah.....Ed Balls was a Junior Minister in the treasury for a year before he was appointed as...Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families.

A position he held for the final Three years of the labour government up to the general election.

So not Chief Economic advisor at all...

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

"

So not Chief Economic advisor at all..."

I have no idea what the OP is on about - but more pertinently its plainly obvious that they don't have the faintest clue either.

Hmmm lets see - consistent growth in UK GDP from 1997 to 2007 - stopped only by global financial crisis outside of UK government's control.

can we have some more disasters like that please?

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

they don't call ed bals loader for nothing do they?,most of what he says is a load of balls!,it tickles me jacquie smith the expense fiddler sitting along side him in house of commons just like a nodding dog.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"they don't call ed bals loader for nothing do they?,most of what he says is a load of balls!,it tickles me jacquie smith the expense fiddler sitting along side him in house of commons just like a nodding dog."

He is Ed the ball,remember Gordon Brown plundered pensions and had the country living above it's means in the good times even after inheriting a golden legacy in 1997,no wonder we fell with a bang,so much for abolishing boom and bust!

"Just watched Ed Balls respond to the Autum budget with 'the governments economic policy is in tatters'.

Of course he is entitled to his view and is even paid to do it but party politics aside, given that he was chief economic advisor to the last government, isnt it a bit like Stalin giving a speech on human rights, Hitler about racial equality,or maybe putting a convicted arsonist in charge of a fireworks factory ??

Nah.....Ed Balls was a Junior Minister in the treasury for a year before he was appointed as...Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families.

A position he held for the final Three years of the labour government up to the general election.

So not Chief Economic advisor at all..."

Tra worked for Partnerships for Schools for 3 years and got to know Ed Balls quite well. she has no real political beliefs either way but found Ed to be a genuine person who really wants to do right by people and said that of all the politicians she met in that time he seemed the most honest and genuine.

Whether or not that's good enough is another question...

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"

So not Chief Economic advisor at all...

I have no idea what the OP is on about - but more pertinently its plainly obvious that they don't have the faintest clue either.

Hmmm lets see - consistent growth in UK GDP from 1997 to 2007 - stopped only by global financial crisis outside of UK government's control.

can we have some more disasters like that please?"

Strewth, Toby, "growth in GDP", you're easily pleased aren't you?

Lend us £20 ( non refundable of course ) and i'll go down the curry house and increase GDP for you.

Deal?

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

I've heard it said that Gordon Brown was misquoted, what he actually said was :

"No, more boom and bust"

"

I've heard it said that Gordon Brown was misquoted, what he actually said was :

"No, more boom and bust""

I think Prudence was his fuckbuddy and he wanted more bust!

» Add a new message to this topic