FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Jeremy Clarkson has his say!

Jeremy Clarkson has his say!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ottyhunk OP   Couple  over a year ago

Leyburn

I can't stand X-Factor but I am constantly told "Its only entertainment, nothing serious"

I am also told the same about Strictly Come Dancing, I'm a nobody, get me out of a film set while I get a free suntan just before Xmas" and many other similar programmes, yet when Jeremy Clarkson speaks his mind as he did last night on The One Show, there is outrage and unions calling for his sacking from the BBC.

Jeremy Clarkson is known for his rants and this is why most people watch any programme he is on in expectation of his _iews about every subject possible.

He doesn't really mean 99% of what he says, but its done for 'entertainment effect!'

His show is the BBC's biggest seller around the globe and has been for years and wouldn't be the same without his caustic comments!

It seems so easy these days to call for someone to be sacked!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

still think he's a prick lol

Of course he was joking. He's paid rather handsomely by the public - he wouldn't want to shoot the people who puts diesel in his 4x4, he's not that daft!

By *icboyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

it like watch any bad guy...all shows/life have to have one...we all secretly love the bad guy...

Anyone who takes anything Clarkson says seriously really need a sense of humour transplant. Its all for effect.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

actually I wasn't half as offended by the stuff he said about the people on strike as i was about the stuff he said later in the same inter_iew about people who commit suicide by jumping in front of trains....

but hey... thats me... it was a silly thing to say, and you think by now he should know better.....

By *orestersCouple  over a year ago

The Forest

Clarkson talks bollocks. He talks bollocks about life, bollocks about politics and bollocks about cars. Many people are entertained by bollocks, so he was just doing his job. The BBC knew exactly what they were doing by having him on the show.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"actually I wasn't half as offended by the stuff he said about the people on strike as i was about the stuff he said later in the same inter_iew about people who commit suicide by jumping in front of trains....

but hey... thats me... it was a silly thing to say, and you think by now he should know better.....

"

i thought the same thing. i did say 'oh my god' out loud when he said about the suicides on train lines but i didnt cal for him to be sacked.

It seems to me that people are far too quick these days to call for people to be sacked. He has been made to apologise (because i dont think he would ahve done that off his own back) leave it there.

The strikes were an emotive issue yesterday and lots of people had strong vews for and aganst them, ok saying they shold be shot was maybe going a tad far but can anyone really see Mr Clarkson doing it??

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

Hmm let's turn this into a newspaper headline and see it it has the same impact:

Clarkson in Stupid Crass and Insensitive Comment Shocker!!

dog bites man anyone?

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

he was a fool on Tuesday

he was a fool yesterday

he will be a fool tomorrow.......

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

In fairness it was a twatish thing to say

Yet Jonathon Ross and Russell Brand were publicly castigated and in Brand's case, sacked instantly, for much less than what Clarkson said.

The union boss calling for his head is revelling under the glare of the spotlight he's currently enjoying, and let's face it, who really takes Clarkson seriously anyway apart from a cranky old union boss trying desperately to justify his own infalted existence.

As a unionist I am realy offended by what he said, it was stupid and offensive (particularly for one so wealthy) but on the other hand I absolutely defend his right to say anything he wants. Its him hwho will have to deal with unionists making their opinions plain to him next time he meets any.....

He has done his job and done it well. He was on the show to get a reaction from the public and he got one.

Anyone who gets paid the amount of money he does for causing a bit of controversy, would do the same. I didn't see any bankers marching yesterday, has anyone heard anything like an apology from them?

At least Clarkeson mans up and apologises, whether he's a tosser or not.

"As a unionist I am realy offended by what he said, it was stupid and offensive (particularly for one so wealthy) but on the other hand I absolutely defend his right to say anything he wants. Its him hwho will have to deal with unionists making their opinions plain to him next time he meets any....."

I'm sure he'll be crying all the way home in his Ferarri - or whatever else he drives.

Jeremy clarkson exists only for Jeremy Clarkson, and everyone else is fair game to him.

By *oodnvampCouple  over a year ago

beverley

His opinion's really not worth getting upset about really.

I agree completely with him about caravans tho!

evesham

"As a unionist I am realy offended by what he said, it was stupid and offensive (particularly for one so wealthy) but on the other hand I absolutely defend his right to say anything he wants. Its him hwho will have to deal with unionists making their opinions plain to him next time he meets any....."

what has his wealth ot to do with it?

"everyone else is fair game to him."

The key word is EVERYONE Clarkson is a satyrist, he is to journalism what Vis is to the publishing media. his job is to make the outrageous statements and insult EVERYONE that way he is actually insulting to noone, because we all know he is a clown.

Has anyone watched the American version of Top Gear? just how bad a program is it without clowns presenting it!

evesham

i have just watched the clip on the news and when watched as a whole clip and not just looking at the words that was said you can tell it is blatantly a joke!!

This is what is wrong today, we are all so quick to condemn, people seem to have lost their sense of humour and the ability to see things in context!

just been watching C4 News (i cant find the remote ) and there is a bloke on the banging on about how kids will be going to bed scared that their parents will be killed - give me a fucking break mate, maybe those parents should talk to their kids if they are so worried and explain that the guy was joking!!

"i have just watched the clip on the news and when watched as a whole clip and not just looking at the words that was said you can tell it is blatantly a joke!!

This is what is wrong today, we are all so quick to condemn, people seem to have lost their sense of humour and the ability to see things in context!

just been watching C4 News (i cant find the remote ) and there is a bloke on the banging on about how kids will be going to bed scared that their parents will be killed - give me a fucking break mate, maybe those parents should talk to their kids if they are so worried and explain that the guy was joking!!"

I agree entirely.Unite are looking very out of touch,they are crying to nanny state brigade for help.

By *U1966Man  over a year ago

Devon

Missed it but not the first time he said something to upset someone

Not everyone disaggrees with the sentiment just the punishment

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cheadle

Mr Clarkson is an excellent manipulator of the media, he has yet another boring dvd of him driving round in cars which cost more than most peoples houses and every year, he need to create a media frenzy to promote it, simples innit,. mwah, xxxxx

By *unterslickCouple  over a year ago

tullamore

"I can't stand X-Factor but I am constantly told "Its only entertainment, nothing serious"

I am also told the same about Strictly Come Dancing, I'm a nobody, get me out of a film set while I get a free suntan just before Xmas" and many other similar programmes, yet when Jeremy Clarkson speaks his mind as he did last night on The One Show, there is outrage and unions calling for his sacking from the BBC.

Jeremy Clarkson is known for his rants and this is why most people watch any programme he is on in expectation of his _iews about every subject possible.

He doesn't really mean 99% of what he says, but its done for 'entertainment effect!'

His show is the BBC's biggest seller around the globe and has been for years and wouldn't be the same without his caustic comments!

It seems so easy these days to call for someone to be sacked!"

i agree he is a big seller,and have met him a few times,even had a few pints with him,and he is an outspoken man,lol,and i love it,he speaks his mind on and off cam

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I think people miss the point about Clarkson.....he is just another 'Celeb' who lives in a world that is paid for and is the fault of.....the British public.

We feed these 'Celebs' by watching their droll programmes, by buying their droll DVD's and books, and by just generally buying into the self importance of these leeches.

Whenever Clarkson looks like he is going off the boil a bit, starting to dissapear from the gaze of the British public....he comes out with another mouthful of complete shit and like gullible fools the great British public sits up and listens again.

Jeremy Clarkson....Katie Price....Kerry Catona....Hello Magazine....all blends and fades into one for me.

Modern British Icons....great eh?

His books are quite funny though. The excerpts from when he was writing for ... whatever newspaper he was writing for, can't even remember now, but I did chuckle at his book.

tullamore

clarkson cant be put in the same league as jordan or kerry,,,,no matter what he says or does,he will never be as a big a tit as them,lol

By *rummpsMan  over a year ago

thanet

Sure Clarkson is a prick and a clown but he's bloody good at it.

I'd rather watch him than a whole lot of the shyte that we are force fed with.

_rummps x

Torquay

"Sure Clarkson is a prick and a clown but he's bloody good at it.

_rummps x"

You may not have realised it but you are being force fed Clarkson...

I mean how many times do the BBC and Dave repeat the same old Top Gear programmes?

It's like feckin Groundhog Day....

Most of the time he's only saying out load what most of us are thinking Anyway. Fairplay to the man for saying what we don't have the guts to say.

thanet

_rummps x

I mean how many times do the BBC and Dave repeat the same old Top Gear programmes?

It's like feckin Groundhog Day...."

Lots of buttons on my remote !

_rummps x

thanet

"Most of the time he's only saying out load what most of us are thinking Anyway. Fairplay to the man for saying what we don't have the guts to say."

+1

tullamore

"Most of the time he's only saying out load what most of us are thinking Anyway. Fairplay to the man for saying what we don't have the guts to say."

lol,yep

_rummps x

Absolute rubbish, the PC BBC board, they would love to be rid of him. They cannot afford to lose him.

Anyone who sticks up for British engineers cannot be all bad.

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

One of the funniest things he ever said was when he was talking about how exactly does one catch bird flu,

Do I need to make love to a swan to have any chance of catching it. Lol

I still think he's a prat mind!

"O

I still think he's a prat mind! "

If I lived near Exeter I'd would have agreed with her totally.

Torquay

So Clarkson stands up for British Engineers?.....

When I saw him in Brighton he was driving a Ferrari....Italian engineering?

He means he supports everyone else buying British and supporting British engineering.....while he drives an Italian sports car.

Bet the bastard has a German fridge in his kitchen too....

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Just seen this on the news, and I have to say I think the press got it wrong.

What he actually said was that the strike was great because London was deserted, it was easy to get around, and THEN he said, oh, this is the BBC, there has to be balance, i'd have them all shot.... etc

it was more a swipe at the BBC than a swipe at the strikers.

"Just seen this on the news, and I have to say I think the press got it wrong.

What he actually said was that the strike was great because London was deserted, it was easy to get around, and THEN he said, oh, this is the BBC, there has to be balance, i'd have them all shot.... etc

it was more a swipe at the BBC than a swipe at the strikers."

and the Truth will set you free!

Blimmin typical innit. All this nonsense all down to misreporting someone. Methinks someone has a hidden agenda and does like Mr Clarkson too much.

* doesn't

Oh christ, get Karen Jennings of Unison. What a dreary woman with a very serious sense of humour failure.

I've watched Clarkson's comments on the One Show and it's obvious to anyone with half a brain cell that he was taking the piss out of the BBC.

Some people really need to get a grip and lighten up.

evesham

but what about the children???!?!?!?!?!??!?!

its even made flipping question time!!

wow will some people get their head out of the ground, and smell the fresh air it's a joke for gods sake

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Clarkson hates me ...good.If he in any way approved of me i would be upset

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

I really don't understand all this "It's a joke" crap! If that had been a Muslim group on the streets shouting that, you would all have been baying for blood!

But no, this pratt is a celebrity and that makes it OK. I will be interested to see if the police do anything about it at all. It is possibly "Incitement to violence" and could be a crime!

Rather akin to Michael Jackson. If anyone other than he had said openly that he had slept with underage boys, most would have wanted him locked up for a very long time.

And to see the way people react to any talk of celebrity status on other threads... Different when it directly affects you, eh?

Rushden

"I think people miss the point about Clarkson.....he is just another 'Celeb' who lives in a world that is paid for and is the fault of.....the British public.

We feed these 'Celebs' by watching their droll programmes, by buying their droll DVD's and books, and by just generally buying into the self importance of these leeches.

Whenever Clarkson looks like he is going off the boil a bit, starting to dissapear from the gaze of the British public....he comes out with another mouthful of complete shit and like gullible fools the great British public sits up and listens again.

Jeremy Clarkson....Katie Price....Kerry Catona....Hello Magazine....all blends and fades into one for me.

Modern British Icons....great eh?"

+1 Amen to that!

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Clarkson talks bollocks. He talks bollocks about life, bollocks about politics and bollocks about cars. Many people are entertained by bollocks, so he was just doing his job. The BBC knew exactly what they were doing by having him on the show."

+ many

evesham

"I really don't understand all this "It's a joke" crap! If that had been a Muslim group on the streets shouting that, you would all have been baying for blood!

But no, this pratt is a celebrity and that makes it OK. I will be interested to see if the police do anything about it at all. It is possibly "Incitement to violence" and could be a crime!

Rather akin to Michael Jackson. If anyone other than he had said openly that he had slept with underage boys, most would have wanted him locked up for a very long time.

And to see the way people react to any talk of celebrity status on other threads... Different when it directly affects you, eh? "

its all about context - watch the whole clip and you will clearly see it was tongue in cheek

if a muslim group was shoutng it in the street in the same manner - saying the strikes were great one second then saying shoot them all the next then yes, i would take it the same way

Rushden

"I really don't understand all this "It's a joke" crap! If that had been a Muslim group on the streets shouting that, you would all have been baying for blood!

And to see the way people react to any talk of celebrity status on other threads... Different when it directly affects you, eh?

its all about context - watch the whole clip and you will clearly see it was tongue in cheek

if a muslim group was shoutng it in the street in the same manner - saying the strikes were great one second then saying shoot them all the next then yes, i would take it the same way"

Which proves my point! Different when it affects you! No matter what the context, if a Muslim group was doing the same in the street, quite a sizable number of people would be wanting them arrested! Of course, that is the collective "you" not the personal one!

Clarkson is a buffoon! But he is not above the law and IMHO, he should have been at least warned about his behaviour! No matter whether it was a joke, comedians are not allowed to make jokes that may incite violence, Clarkson was wrong!

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

_rummps x

Is your tv remote broke?

"So Clarkson stands up for British Engineers?.....

He means he supports everyone else buying British and supporting British engineering.....while he drives an Italian sports car.

"

He also owns an Aston. But there is not many British products to buy.

He is one few people to point out that we do have some incredible engineers, in construction, virtually the whole F1 grid, aerospace and yet we make nothing.

Jezza as foot in mouth disease.....but i have to say..top gear top class...maybe he should stick to just that ........

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

All I can say is what has happened to freedom of speech? He is one of the funniest guys around because he does ignore some of the so called PC rules

warrington

If you had ever read any of his books (I have read most of them) you get to understand his sense of humour and you would understand that this is no more than him taking the piss and no more. but as people in country seem to have lost there sense of humour then I can see why everyone has there knickers in a twist. If mr Clarkson is such and arsehole why is top gear the most profitable and most watched program around the world? lets be honest he just says the things most of us are thinking but are to scared to say

His comments have been blown out of all proportions by those who have spent so much time with their heads up their own arses to realise this man actually rarely means what he is says.

IF those words were spoke by someone like David Cameron.... certainly go mental about it... I would.

Jeremy Clarkeson spouting those words... take it with a pinch of salt and get a grip if you think he meant it

I just watched the clip on You tube.

Its far more offensive written down than the his actual delivery.

I must admit I don't like the guy and yes what he said was near the knuckle fa me

BUT I do think this world could actually learn a few things if people were allowed to say what they felt

If fa instance someone didnt like someone or something and came out with a triad of abuse about that person or something without having to bottle it up like we have to

Then maybe it gives us the chance to question that person to why they feel like that

Even what I have just said I had to word carefully so not to offend and it may not actually be clear what I meant by it

I think the human race need to stop being such fookin pussys sometimes and tell it how they see it

It could be good for everyone xx

I think the country has lost its sense of humour and is too afraid of offending anyone, Clarkson is a legend in my eyes, he tells it like it is (albeit for comic effect) it's probably what most are thinking but are too afraid to say it themselves.

warrington

"So Clarkson stands up for British Engineers?.....

"

He is given various cars each week to drive and live with and at the end of it he then gives a very clear and unbiased opinion of it wether it be a ferrari or a ford fiesta his job is a motoring correspondent.

Instead of judging someone for driving a Ferrari on one particular day do some reasearch about his _iews regarding british engineering. he has even made a program on the very subject there is no one more than jeremy Clarkson that is pro britain including the contents of his kitchen

Leyburn

"I think the country has lost its sense of humour and is too afraid of offending anyone, Clarkson is a legend in my eyes, he tells it like it is (albeit for comic effect) it's probably what most are thinking but are too afraid to say it themselves."

Plus 1

The union reps are just point scoring because they see Clarkson as one of David Camerons mates...maybe they had been stuck in the traffic that had left london and was seen heading to the nearest out of town shopping centre.

maybe I am cynical but holding the strike just after the majority of public sector workers have got paid gave them a free day to go shopping...I used to work in the NHS and we used to be given 1 day "off" in December to go do the Xmas shopping (that was one day that was not taken out of the huge number of holidays granted). Some public sector workers seem to want their cake now and to be able to dine Michelin star in their retirement (and can that retirement start as soon as possible please).

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

clarkson is a joke!,not a joker.

a joker can be funny where as clarkson is just a twat!,and quite a wealthy one twat at that but it should not excuse him,he is just a for not selecting brain before blabbing,he is just a joke on autopilot.

Leyburn

"clarkson is a joke!,not a joker.

a joker can be funny where as clarkson is just a twat!,and quite a wealthy one twat at that but it should not excuse him,he is just a for not selecting brain before blabbing,he is just a joke on autopilot."

Stop sitting on the fence for christ sake, stop beating about the bush, say what you mean, show your real feelings about him.......lol

warrington

a joker can be funny where as clarkson is just a twat!,and quite a wealthy one twat at that but it should not excuse him,he is just a for not selecting brain before blabbing,he is just a joke on autopilot.

Stop sitting on the fence for christ sake, stop beating about the bush, say what you mean, show your real feelings about him.......lol"

opinions opinions everyone has on just like arseholes and usually stink just the same!

By *aughtynigel02121980Man  over a year ago

Brandon

Whatever clearkson says on any of his inter_iews does not actually offend me as its all in good humor. he is well known for saying very tongue in cheek remarks about this big wide world of our. we all have the freedom of speach in this country to say anything we pretty much want 'within reason that is'.

Now if we all said we were going to kill someone when we were angry we would all be locked up. Does that make us all psycotic murderers? Most people have too much time on their hands to be worrying about what clearkson has to say. Look what is going on in afghan as they are the boys and girls to be worrying about

a joker can be funny where as clarkson is just a twat!,and quite a wealthy one twat at that but it should not excuse him,he is just a for not selecting brain before blabbing,he is just a joke on autopilot."

+1

"i have just watched the clip on the news and when watched as a whole clip and not just looking at the words that was said you can tell it is blatantly a joke!!

"

agree with this, if you watch the compleat intervue then you will see that its a joke, not just a sound bite.

the problem is as usual the press miss quoting and causing a storm.

Rushden

" there is no one more than jeremy Clarkson that is pro britain including the contents of his kitchen "

You have had a personal _iew inside his kitchen??? Nothing other than British stuff in there??? On one of his may appearances on the box, he did say he had a SMEG fridge and freezer combo. He actually made a "joke" of the name! I have no doubt that he has loads of other "foreign" stuff..

Clarkson is pro anything that will get him a few more pounds.

Oh and just for the record... I am pro Britain, but only when the goods are as good as any others and where the price is within the range of others.. Probably the same as Clarkson!

I've been a recording of Top Gear, and they even rehearse the "ad libs" and I have to say, Clarkson was crap at even getting them. He comes across as witty on tv, but without his script writers he's as thick as pig shit. Typical tory really.

Clarkson is a bigoted twat who sees the world through his own Rose tinted glasses.

We all know he's a blue blooded Tory toff nosed prick, his comments about the strikers and in particular the statement made by him saying that he still needs to work for his pension are utter bollocks, born into money and will die with it too.

And the cheek of his lawyer to say that he has freedom of speech to say these things, the strikers have exactly the same rights as the fool, he tries so hard to seek like a working class man and fails spectacularly each time.

Get the denim clad prick of our tv for ever I say.

There rant over

Torquay

agree with this, if you watch the compleat intervue then you will see that its a joke, not just a sound bite.

the problem is as usual the press miss quoting and causing a storm."

I have watched the complete inter_iew...what was reported that he said....he did say.

Hahahaha…….!. I’d be embarrassed admitting any thought or opinion expressed by Jeremy Clarkson could entertain or disappoint me….!.

But is he offensive ?,,,,,yes!,,,,,, but only in the same way as treading in dog-shit is……

I have watched the complete inter_iew...what was reported that he said....he did say.

"

i never said he didnt

we all have rants ,and say things in jest ,but at this time no,the media is a powerfull tool and his comments in jest or not could have influanced the thoughts of others ,further more ,i think he should take a long look at how he gets his monie payed for playing with cars,and most of the time even not on a sensable note,playing being the oprative word, and how many millions he has earend from that ,if he was sereous obout the comments he was making ,potty calling the kettle black, springs to mind,i dont think he has to fight tooth and nail for some confort in his old age ,

evesham

"

But it is what is said before that which makes the difference. And even after, when the presenters said they were his _iews he said they weren't, this really is the media twisting things to make a news story

By *ixson-BallsMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

But it is what is said before that which makes the difference. And even after, when the presenters said they were his _iews he said they weren't, this really is the media twisting things to make a news story "

+1

Its just a BBC shit flinging contest, lets see how much shit we can fling and see how much sticks.

It was Jonathon Ross and Russel Brand not long ago, then Angus Deaton and so on.

Its all about making publicity and band wagon politics and the thoughtless masses who can't think for themselves.

A lot worse has been said and been brushed under the carpet by higher ranking people in the media/tv world, it will be someone else in the very near future.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

I fail to understand the difference between :

a) the twat Clarkson making a "joke" on prime time TV about executing people before teir own families

b) a youth who made a joke of Facebook about "rioting in Nantwich/Northwich" of all places, and

c) the guy that made a blatantly obvious joke tweet ( with very limited audience ) about "blowing up Robin Hood Airport".

Except b) got 4 years in jail, c) was dragged through the Courts and so far Clarkson has got a whole media circus on the go.

A "joke" abut executing people is not funny.

Yes, i know it's entirely in keeping with his "style" and not unexpected but so what?

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

[Removed by poster at 02/12/11 17:43:14]

By *erekduvallCouple  over a year ago

swansea

Most of comedy is taking the P*** out of someone/somebody, but the sign of class is knowing when to milk it, and not make a complete p*** of oneself. 7pm on primetime programme is not the place for it!

Me, I think its a case of him getting too big for his boots and believing hes untouchable..................or out of touch!

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

the more airtime, internet discussion and column inches... the more it looks plain silly

By *waymanMan  over a year ago

newcastle

What's funny is that once you've read P J O'Rourke Jeremy Clarkson really isn't funny.

If you watch Ian Hislop he is funny. I don;t agree with Ian's political _iews, but I can recognise a genuine satirist when I see one.

Clarkson isn't a satirist.

So Clarkson thinks it's funny to say public sector strikers should be shot? Ho hum. He should sack his joke writers.

So Clarkson wouldn't approve of me? Ho hum.

I do love it though when the pyjamaheddin all gather and proclaim that anyone who doesn't think Clarkson is funny has 'lost their sense of humour.'

"

Clarkson isn't a satirist.

So Clarkson thinks it's funny to say public sector strikers should be shot? Ho hum. He should sack his joke writers.

So Clarkson wouldn't approve of me? Ho hum.

"

No he's not a satirist, you might as well say he's not a cricketer, he a motoring journalist with BBC's most successful show.

His joke writer deserve s a bonus with all the publicity it got, funny or not.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

Anyone would think he's got a DVD coming out this Xmas.

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"Anyone would think he's got a DVD coming out this Xmas."

on BFast TV this morning they showed the front pages of most of the mornings papers and all had a large pic of Clarkson...

was only the Independent that ran the bye line "I'm sorry... for generating so much publicity for my DVD"

sad how so many peeps these days cant take a joke - especially if they've only listened to the line about shooting strikers in front of their families (and not the few lines before he stated those words)

"Clarkson talks bollocks. He talks bollocks about life, bollocks about politics and bollocks about cars. Many people are entertained by bollocks, so he was just doing his job. The BBC knew exactly what they were doing by having him on the show."

well said

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

I think the reaction was indicative of the ridiculous nanny state we live in...

Very true camswing.

Persoanlly I think clarkson is the most entertaining guy on tv, he just says what he wants without thinking about it which is the way life used to be before all these rules and regulations, people arent perfect by any means and freedom of specch is what makes us all individuals and why should we be repressed in what we say, if i dont like something some one says then i just dont take any notice of it, i dont take offense, far too many people who are just to quick to take offense at anything these days, lots of people who had nothing to do with the strike may have been effected by the strike in some way possibly not being able to get to work etc so from their point of _iew why should they suffer for some ones elses pension problems, these days every one is looking out for themselves and to be honest then thats their business no one elses.

By *waymanMan  over a year ago

newcastle

"Persoanlly I think clarkson is the most entertaining guy on tv, he just says what he wants without thinking about it which is the way life used to be before all these rules and regulations, people arent perfect by any means and freedom of specch is what makes us all individuals and why should we be repressed in what we say, if i dont like something some one says then i just dont take any notice of it, i dont take offense, far too many people who are just to quick to take offense at anything these days, lots of people who had nothing to do with the strike may have been effected by the strike in some way possibly not being able to get to work etc so from their point of _iew why should they suffer for some ones elses pension problems, these days every one is looking out for themselves and to be honest then thats their business no one elses."

Instead of rent a rant why not tell me which three regulations you would get rid of?

By *oodnvampCouple  over a year ago

beverley

[Removed by poster at 04/12/11 17:55:35]

By *john121Man  over a year ago

staffs

"Oh christ, get Karen Jennings of Unison. What a dreary woman with a very serious sense of humour failure.

I've watched Clarkson's comments on the One Show and it's obvious to anyone with half a brain cell that he was taking the piss out of the BBC.

Some people really need to get a grip and lighten up."

+1

By *john121Man  over a year ago

staffs

"

I fail to understand the difference between :

a) the twat Clarkson making a "joke" on prime time TV about executing people before teir own families

b) a youth who made a joke of Facebook about "rioting in Nantwich/Northwich" of all places, and

c) the guy that made a blatantly obvious joke tweet ( with very limited audience ) about "blowing up Robin Hood Airport".

Except b) got 4 years in jail, c) was dragged through the Courts and so far Clarkson has got a whole media circus on the go.

A "joke" abut executing people is not funny.

Yes, i know it's entirely in keeping with his "style" and not unexpected but so what? "

Simples really!

Ensighting a riot is as far as I'm aware is an offence.

Rioting was happening at the time wasn't it!

Suggesting blowing up an airport seems as about as sensible as saying something about bombs on a plane mid flight! Der!

And if you think that because Clarkson makes a comment after saying on yes this is the BBC so i must give a balanced _iew that people are going to go out and start shooting strikers is well...... do I need to say it!

Remember the the episode driving through the southern states with gay painted on the cars or the insult to the Mexicans, how many examples of what Clarkson comes out with do you want?

Someone commented on his comments about people who commit suicide by throwing themselves under a train are selfish. He had sympathy for any one who is in such a dark place but what about the poor train driver who can only watch! And the passengers and all associated people and buisnesses who all end up involved and lets not forgetting the families left behind. Yes perhaps he goes a little far about what happens to the remains but are you surprised by his comments

» Add a new message to this topic