FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > ebay

ebay

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wanted to ask anyone whos a ebay boff if they can give me some advice on something

yesterday i bough some 32gb sd cards for my daughters mobile, they was on buy it now for £1 with free P£P

so i thought fook me and ordered 10

anyway about a hour later i noticed he had took the listing down and i got a message from him saying sorry there had been a mistake in the price and would refund my money

is this against ebay rules? if he makes a mistake in the listing and puts the wrong price down is he obliged to honour it anyway by ebay rules?

i mean i know i cant make him send them, but is it worth opening a case against him to see if a message from ebay may make him send them?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

check the e-bay rules n regs you could always report him

Yes as it comes across as false advertising..

"check the e-bay rules n regs you could always report him"

i did go to read the rules but bloody hell theres that many would take me hours to read thro it to find the bit i want lol

so i thought id be lazy and just ask if anyone knew lol

Yes start a dispute, stating you ordered the goods and after you payed they were withdrawn. He is obligated to send you the goods under ebay terms and conditions.

yes once a bid or purchse has been made seller has to honour it. you go only adjust before a bid. report him to ebay

I ordered a mobile phone cover from the Top Gear website that had an error on the cost and was listed as £00.00, I am sure there were many other people who also saw it and ordered it and they have honoured the order as it came 2 days later complete with and invoice listing all the costs as........£00.00! So yes I do think he has to honour all orders but I suspect he won't. You can give people points to show whether they are a good seller or buyer, in his case I think you should give him the lowest you can if he wont honour your agreement

I have just spent ages reading there rules and it say's

People can end or cancel there listing for whatever reason UNLESS there is "less" than 12 hours to go if an auction or if item has already been paid for.

If there is less than 12 hours the seller should contact the buyer/bidder and can withdraw providing both parties come to a mutual agreement.

So yes, looks like the should honour it and send the item.

Tony

Ment to of wrote

So yes, looks like "he" should honour it and send the item.

Tony

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

i once bought a motohome on ebay by mistake,the seller was very understanding and didnt hold me to it ,thank goodness

By *toneblueMan  over a year ago

Southampton

"Just wanted to ask anyone whos a ebay boff if they can give me some advice on something

yesterday i bough some 32gb sd cards for my daughters mobile, they was on buy it now for £1 with free P£P

anyway about a hour later i noticed he had took the listing down and i got a message from him saying sorry there had been a mistake in the price and would refund my money

is this against ebay rules? if he makes a mistake in the listing and puts the wrong price down is he obliged to honour it anyway by ebay rules?

i mean i know i cant make him send them, but is it worth opening a case against him to see if a message from ebay may make him send them?"

It may be the rules but I wouldn't expect too much help from eBay. It's really down to how much he values his customer relations and feedback, and it looks like in this case not enough to honour the deal. It probably was a genuine mistake, they do happen. I wouldn't bother about it - chalk it up to experience and mention it in the feedback.

ive sent him a message before i contact ebay see what he says

i know i cant make him but i see it like this, dont hurt to try if he still refuses i havnt lost anything

"ive sent him a message before i contact ebay see what he says

i know i cant make him but i see it like this, dont hurt to try if he still refuses i havnt lost anything

"

Good idea.

And if he does post them, I will give you £2 for one

Tony

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"I have just spent ages reading there rules and it say's

People can end or cancel there listing for whatever reason UNLESS there is "less" than 12 hours to go if an auction or if item has already been paid for.

If there is less than 12 hours the seller should contact the buyer/bidder and can withdraw providing both parties come to a mutual agreement.

Tony "

If you open a dispute with Ebay then all they usually do is refund the amount you have paid.

The seller will often get a strike on their profile and if they get so many, affects their performance and where they show in listings etc.

I think you'll find that he isn't obliged to do anything, however he will have to send you a refund and a request to cancel the tranaction

Assuming the transaction has gone through, ie you have paid etc etc, you will be perfectly justified in leaving the seller negative feedback for failing to complete the deal.

"ive sent him a message before i contact ebay see what he says

"

Have you you received a mail for you to respond about cancelling the sale.

If you do not agree to to the cancelled sale means they still get hit with the ebay fees.

Always worth starting a dispute case

no he hasnt canceled the sale, its showing as paid and hes even marked them as dispatched

all ive had is a message saying there was a mistake in the price and and he will refund my money

but ive had no request to cancel sale, nothing official has happen yet, i havnt even had my refund yet lol

In that case ...

1) Make sure that you get the refund

2) Hit him with negative feedback

3) Put it down to experience and look for some more cards on eBay

Shaz and Tony - you've been outbid on this item, the item now stands at £2.25.

You next bid must be more that £2.30, please enter your highest bid ......

"I have just spent ages reading there rules and it say's

Tony "

This is correct but it is referring to an auction and not a but it now sale, ebay have rules for both.

But in answer to the op, yes he must honour the sale, i would open a dispute, explain what as happened and copy and paste the mail he sent you. You can choose if you want to carry on with the order or if you want a refund.

The seller can not withdraw from the sale unless and mutual withdrawal is opened and complete.

Question is - does the seller value his account ie. Is he new (less than 50 feedback) or a top seller say more than 100 feedback for example)

If he is new, he may just walk away, and start another eBay account. If he is a top seller he may just come to an agreement with you, say send you half the SD cards, so you both parties are happy. I imagine that you were gonna keep one for your daughter, and sell the others at cut price and re-coup your outlay.

It's a honest mistake, so you could acknowledge that and then come to a compromise, that will lessen the cost to him, and showing that you understand it was a mistake, and you still get some value out of it.

Falling that, send in the heavies and 'bust a cap in his ass' ...... that WAS a joke, but I get the pacifist police on my back.

"i once bought a motohome on ebay by mistake,the seller was very understanding and didnt hold me to it ,thank goodness "

Ok I've gotta ask-how did you manage to buy a motorhome by mistake??? How much wine had you had??

depends. could be an innocent enough mistake on their part or maybe something server side on ebays.

id cut them some slack. they`d be losing a ton on them

By *rystal denisonWoman  over a year ago

trowbridge

you can report it by opening a case he put the wrong price so his best option wud be to give you 1 item at £1 and not 10 items for £10 loosing him a lot more

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

Realistically you will be flogging a dead horse and not receive them for that price.

You can and may yet choose to go through the process of justifying why you should get them but ultimately it boils down to the seller being concerned with what amounts to 1 or 1 more sale with a negative feedback. Not sure if they can respond to your comment and a lot of ebayers would note that he had made an error so not be overly concerned.

Different ball game altogether had this been a buisiness premise and it was marked down wrongly of course.

Good luck regardless x

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"i once bought a motohome on ebay by mistake,the seller was very understanding and didnt hold me to it ,thank goodness

Ok I've gotta ask-how did you manage to buy a motorhome by mistake??? How much wine had you had?? "

I was wondering that too.lol

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

yes you are entitled to them if the money was transfered as that is your bill of sale but will most probably end in ebay feleting persons profile

Was it Jack who purchased a huge plastic palm tree while under the influence?

By *ytraCouple  over a year ago

Wrexham

"Have you you received a mail for you to respond about cancelling the sale.

If you do not agree to to the cancelled sale means they still get hit with the ebay fees.

"

This is not strictly true, if you don't respond to the request the seller will after 7 days be able to close the case and get a refund of fees.

"Have you you received a mail for you to respond about cancelling the sale.

This is not strictly true, if you don't respond to the request the seller will after 7 days be able to close the case and get a refund of fees."

They can close the case but they won't get the fees refunded.unless the buyer agrees.to mutually withdraw.

By *ytraCouple  over a year ago

Wrexham

"They can close the case but they won't get the fees refunded.unless the buyer agrees.to mutually withdraw."

Sorry this is completely wrong, we have an ebay shop and have had cases where by cases have been started, after 7 days with no response from the buyer a seller can close the case and claim a refund of the fees, the same as if the buyer did agree to cancel. The buyer has to respond within 7 days and refuse to cancel to stop the seller getting a refund

Besides this, in this case if the seller has a lot of sales and only a couple of negatives then another neg will prob not bother them to much as it wont really have much impact on their score

By *rummpsMan  over a year ago

thanet

"They can close the case but they won't get the fees refunded.unless the buyer agrees.to mutually withdraw.

Sorry this is completely wrong, we have an ebay shop and have had cases where by cases have been started, after 7 days with no response from the buyer a seller can close the case and claim a refund of the fees, the same as if the buyer did agree to cancel. The buyer has to respond within 7 days and refuse to cancel to stop the seller getting a refund

Besides this, in this case if the seller has a lot of sales and only a couple of negatives then another neg will prob not bother them to much as it wont really have much impact on their score"

Yep! this is how it works. If he (the seller) starts a 'cancel sale' claim then he'll get his fees back after 7 days if you don't respond. If you do respond with a complaint stating the facts, they (eBay) may withhold the fees and Paypal may withdraw the payment from him.

However as its only ten quid he aint going to be bothered by either of them details.

Technically you have both entered into a contract but there is little chance you'd get the items at that price even if you took him to court. Best you can expect is your money back which he must pay. But then paypal will ensure that.

As for it not happening in a shop! It sure as heck can. A shop keeper is not oblidged to sell anything to anyone if they don't wont to.

Most big stores will honour wrongly priced items but thats just for good customer relations.

_rummps x.

coatbridge

yes but payment has been made so according to cosumer rights if you were in a shop you could walk out as you have a bill of sale wrongly priced or not you own them

But you're not in a shop and ultimately you are relying on someone popping a parcel into the post for you and if he doesn't do that but refunds your money instead, there ain't a heap you can do about it other than leave -ve feedback

coatbridge

"But you're not in a shop and ultimately you are relying on someone popping a parcel into the post for you and if he doesn't do that but refunds your money instead, there ain't a heap you can do about it other than leave -ve feedback"
lol quite correct but whether cyber buying or high street buying the same rules apply its whether you wish to persue them is the choice

By *unterslickCouple  over a year ago

tullamore

"Just wanted to ask anyone whos a ebay boff if they can give me some advice on something

i mean i know i cant make him send them, but is it worth opening a case against him to see if a message from ebay may make him send them?"

it is and it isnt against the rules,its a long drawn out process to make a complaint,best advice i can give you is to leave bad feedback,as you bought the item,so you will be able to do that,,

yes im an ebay boff,lol,just recently got ink for me printer,14 cartridges 15 euro delivered,lol

thanet

"yes but payment has been made so according to cosumer rights if you were in a shop you could walk out as you have a bill of sale wrongly priced or not you own them "

Yes but no but! A shop without that policy wouldn't take ya money would they?

This is eBay and you have to pay first.

Its worth complaining but in my experience eBay won't do much about it other than getting the payment returned.

_rummps x

"But you're not in a shop and ultimately you are relying on someone popping a parcel into the post for you and if he doesn't do that but refunds your money instead, there ain't a heap you can do about it other than leave -ve feedbacklol quite correct but whether cyber buying or high street buying the same rules apply its whether you wish to persue them is the choice "

That's quite correct, but if the seller refunds the money to the buyer, what is she going to do - pursue a breach of contract claim in the small claims court ?

I really don't think so - it would most probably be laughed out of court.

It would be different if he refused to return the money and didn't supply the goods, but as has been already said, Paypal would ensure that the buyer got the refund in the event that the goods were not supplied

thanet

"

That's quite correct, but if the seller refunds the money to the buyer, what is she going to do - pursue a breach of contract claim in the small claims court ?

I really don't think so - it would most probably be laughed out of court.

It would be different if he refused to return the money and didn't supply the goods, but as has been already said, Paypal would ensure that the buyer got the refund in the event that the goods were not supplied"

The joke is that the buyer will be believed against the seller. I have had folk sign for items I've sold and still claim non receipt. The cash is automatically taken from my acount and can be weeks before they(eBay)decide who to believe. It has always (in my cases) come out as no one at fault. I get my money back they get a refund

from eBay.

In this case I would definitely complain but all you will get is the money back.

You can leave negative feedback but even for that you'll have to wait(I think its about three weeks) to give the seller time to resolve the problem.

_rummps x

When you do buy memory cards, especially from ebay, ensure they are genuine cards. There are many many fakes of Sony, Sandisk Memorex, basically any branded name.

They will work when you get them but quickly get file errors, are not as quick and often no where near the stated capacity.

Steve

weve had this before and i asure u even after u have contacted ebay and poss paypall as i asume this was ure chosen method of payment , al the seler has to do is to send u the corect amount of money back please dont quote me on this but we had a dispute over a 1000 car and we just recieved the money after 2 mnths of ranting but i send my good luks to u

» Add a new message to this topic