FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anti-Smoking

Anti-Smoking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I personally am not a smoker, i don't like it, but i believe its peoples choice if they want to, we will meet smokers as long as they don't smoke in our house (which they cant anyway because we are renting atm lol)

but WTF is up with these new give up smoking ads with the kids in,,, its plainly emotional blackmail to parents but my question is....

is this kind of emotional blackmail to parents acceptable to you? or do you agree that they shouldn't be putting those kind of ads on tv or the radio?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Fire in the hole!

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I personally am not a smoker, i don't like it, but i believe its peoples choice if they want to, we will meet smokers as long as they don't smoke in our house (which they cant anyway because we are renting atm lol)

but WTF is up with these new give up smoking ads with the kids in,,, its plainly emotional blackmail to parents but my question is....

is this kind of emotional blackmail to parents acceptable to you? or do you agree that they shouldn't be putting those kind of ads on tv or the radio?

"

In answer to the OP, i really wanna try to give up, but the stress factors at the moment dont seem to be helping, but we all know emotional blackmail works...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm just wondering when they're going to try and ban those new electronic fags!

"I personally am not a smoker, i don't like it, but i believe its peoples choice if they want to, we will meet smokers as long as they don't smoke in our house (which they cant anyway because we are renting atm lol)

"

I have to admit it makes you think twice though.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"I'm just wondering when they're going to try and ban those new electronic fags!"

They'll just tax them if they ever become more popular than traditional fags.

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

ALL adverts attempt to connect with you on an emotional level - so I guess these adverts are no different

swindon

"In answer to the OP, i really wanna try to give up, but the stress factors at the moment dont seem to be helping, but we all know emotional blackmail works... "

Send me some nawty photos of you or I'm gonna kill my cat.

swindon

"ALL adverts attempt to connect with you on an emotional level - so I guess these adverts are no different"

Even the Go Compare and the Wonga adverts....?!?

By *azniainCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

once they ban smoking , what they gonna ban next, or indeed what they gonna blame for illnesses

"once they ban smoking , what they gonna ban next, or indeed what they gonna blame for illnesses "

They banning sex lol

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"In answer to the OP, i really wanna try to give up, but the stress factors at the moment dont seem to be helping, but we all know emotional blackmail works...

Send me some nawty photos of you or I'm gonna kill my cat."

pussy on the brain ya weirdo

"once they ban smoking , what they gonna ban next, or indeed what they gonna blame for illnesses "

I would say spitting is next on the agenda.

some adverts are going a bit far of late

dont know if anyone remembers the click advert for the NSPCC about the little girl was being sexually abused?

i rememeber sat watching the telling with my daughter one day it was one of the kids channels on cable and that advert came on, i actually coudlnt believe that they would put a advert about child sexual abuse on a kids channel

i think they will sink to any levels at the moent in the name of advertising

By *ittlemorespiceCouple  over a year ago

North Cornwall

I dont mind the adverts at all. If it works then good enough.

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

"

Even the Go Compare and the Wonga adverts....?!? "

yep - disgust and irritation

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"some adverts are going a bit far of late

dont know if anyone remembers the click advert for the NSPCC about the little girl was being sexually abused?

i rememeber sat watching the telling with my daughter one day it was one of the kids channels on cable and that advert came on, i actually coudlnt believe that they would put a advert about child sexual abuse on a kids channel

i think they will sink to any levels at the moent in the name of advertising"

i understand what your saying but maybe they were trying to reach kids that maybe were too scared to tell anyone?

By *ngieandMrManCouple  over a year ago

hereford

Why are they not running similar adverts against drinking alcohol?

they will never ban smoking, they dont want you to stop they just need to be seen to care

if everyoen stopped smoking the country would collapse financially within 2 years

we'd all be working for bugger all to replace the taxes

"In answer to the OP, i really wanna try to give up, but the stress factors at the moment dont seem to be helping, but we all know emotional blackmail works...

Send me some nawty photos of you or I'm gonna kill my cat."

bliddy great!

North Cornwall

"Why are they not running similar adverts against drinking alcohol?"

because alcohol doesnt have a fifty percent chance of killing you.

i think they will sink to any levels at the moent in the name of advertisingi understand what your saying but maybe they were trying to reach kids that maybe were too scared to tell anyone?"

i suppose thats a possability, but they are also making children who dont need to know about such things awear of it

i didnt want to sit and explain to my child that some kids was forced to have sex, and if they are protecting children from it you would have thought they wouldnt want to draw such things to the attention of children too

eitehr way i wasnt happy with the situation lol

dirtybigbadsgirlville

i think they will sink to any levels at the moent in the name of advertisingi understand what your saying but maybe they were trying to reach kids that maybe were too scared to tell anyone?

i suppose thats a possability, but they are also making children who dont need to know about such things awear of it

i didnt want to sit and explain to my child that some kids was forced to have sex, and if they are protecting children from it you would have thought they wouldnt want to draw such things to the attention of children too

eitehr way i wasnt happy with the situation lol"

I think all kids should be aware of it...its a double edged sword though i guess

By *ngieandMrManCouple  over a year ago

hereford

"Why are they not running similar adverts against drinking alcohol?

because alcohol doesnt have a fifty percent chance of killing you. "

I know a few people who would argue otherwise, well if they wasn't dead they would

Is it as high as 50%?

By *azniainCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

alcohol has far more wide reaching side effects not just for the user but their families etc

I love smoking. I really enjoy it and have no intention of giving up.

Never seen a single person die of good health. Even the bugger who made jogging so popular keeled over with a heart attack... out jogging. Dick.

"I love smoking. I really enjoy it and have no intention of giving up.

Never seen a single person die of good health. Even the bugger who made jogging so popular keeled over with a heart attack... out jogging. Dick. "

When fags are £20 for 10 can I come and watch you had over your cash then?

Never seen a single person die of good health. Even the bugger who made jogging so popular keeled over with a heart attack... out jogging. Dick.

When fags are £20 for 10 can I come and watch you had over your cash then? "

Don't smoke cigs, I smoke tobacco and my bro-in-law brings me loads of it back from Aghanistan for a fraction of the price it costs over here.

I was going to pluck some statistics out my arse, but a few above have beat me to it. In the immortal words of Lou Reed, "Do what you feel most"

Don't smoke cigs, I smoke tobacco and my bro-in-law brings me loads of it back from Aghanistan for a fraction of the price it costs over here. "

Tax evasion for out glorious Concentrative party! Shame on you.

Smoking... I am an ex smoker... 50% death rate! even anti smoking stats only claim 20%, but either way it means smoking is bloody good for you cos life has a 100% death rate!!

NSPCC trying to be socially responsible by showing the add in kids shows... nope just want your money is all the ad didn't give advice on who to call for help just a donation line!

And what in the world got so screwed up so it's acceptable for loan company's charging several thousand % interest rates to advertise on main stream chanels!

I am just glad we have a PVR so we can fast forward the ad's!

"I'm just wondering when they're going to try and ban those new electronic fags!"

They already banned at airports and on planes

Don't smoke cigs, I smoke tobacco and my bro-in-law brings me loads of it back from Aghanistan for a fraction of the price it costs over here.

Tax evasion for out glorious Concentrative party! Shame on you. "

Hey, bite me. I'm not really gonna pay £12 for a 50g pouch when I can get ten 50g pouches for £50, am I.

"I'm just wondering when they're going to try and ban those new electronic fags!

They already banned at airports and on planes "

My boss has banned them from his premises also.

North Cornwall

Is it as high as 50%?"

Apparently.

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

I am a light smoker and do it because I enjoy it.

An advert isn't going to make me stop, it will be because I want to.

its not the issue smoke or not to smoke , its the basic principal of having the choices removed by a goverment who tell you what to do .

As opposed to being alive which has a 100% mortality rate?

There have always been and will always be people who believe they are more superior to others and will involve themselves in our business under the banner we know what's good for you we lowly people should of course be eternally grateful to these superior beings

(obtw I'm not saying that non smokers have rights too of course they do and I for one respect whatever smoking rules are in force my post is a dig at the self centred sanctimonious up their own arses hits that think they have a right to tell me as an adult what I can and can't do and ram their opinions down my throat) xx

There are no poor smokers, they have money to burn.

If they want to smoke that's fine, that is their choice, but I want a say as to where they smoke as it's harmful, smells and is a hazard, not to mention the mess it makes...

I want a ban on them huddling around door ways, I want to see more people fined for dropping their butts (Fag ends).

Ok, the coffee has kicked in now

"There are no poor smokers, they have money to burn.

If they want to smoke that's fine, that is their choice, but I want a say as to where they smoke as it's harmful, smells and is a hazard, not to mention the mess it makes...

I want a ban on them huddling around door ways, I want to see more people fined for dropping their butts (Fag ends).

Ok, the coffee has kicked in now

"

You can't have it all your own way. If you want smoker's fined for dropping cigarette ends then you have to apply that same equality to car owners who pollute the air at the same ground level as mothers pushing their children down the street in push chairs. But I bet you'll find an excuse to let them off the hook.

"There have always been and will always be people who believe they are more superior to others and will involve themselves in our business under the banner we know what's good for you we lowly people should of course be eternally grateful to these superior beings

(obtw I'm not saying that non smokers have rights too of course they do and I for one respect whatever smoking rules are in force my post is a dig at the self centred sanctimonious up their own arses hits that think they have a right to tell me as an adult what I can and can't do and ram their opinions down my throat) xx "

ooo I love it when you get all bolshy.

Agree with your post 100% though.

I am an ex-smoker and therefore the worse kind of anti smoking person.

I love it now that winter is here. I can sit having a coffee in the warm, while watching the smokers in their little glass shelter outside, trying to shelter from the wind and rain while shivering in the cold. But they don't seem very friendly these smokers, when I smile and wave, they give me dirty looks?

Most people won't agree, smoking is optional, driving a car for many people is a requirement.

I'm sure you are familiar with all the changes going on about pollution from vehicles etc, unleaded, Catalytic converters, more efficient engines so my understanding is that a modern car is not a major polluter. London is banning certain types of vehicles, who don't meet a certain emission levels, as you can see the vehicles are being targeted as well.

And society can't do everything at once

"Most people won't agree, smoking is optional, driving a car for many people is a requirement.

I'm sure you are familiar with all the changes going on about pollution from vehicles etc, unleaded, Catalytic converters, more efficient engines so my understanding is that a modern car is not a major polluter. London is banning certain types of vehicles, who don't meet a certain emission levels, as you can see the vehicles are being targeted as well.

And society can't do everything at once "

The decision to start smoking is optional, I'll concede that point, but once addicted there is nothing optional about smoking at all. It is high time the govt recognised that smokers are addicts to a drug in the same way that other drug abusers are addicted to the substance they take. The difference is that the govt are earning billions of pounds from smoker's addictions and so daren't change the law to reclassify smoking as a bona fide addiction that requires NHS-provided medical help to break.

Some smokers can wean themselves off sure, a lot can't though.

"Hi Dad, I know your watching this program, I just wanted to ask you to stop smoking"

Is a bit embarrassing when I'm watching Glee.

""Hi Dad, I know your watching this program, I just wanted to ask you to stop smoking"

Is a bit embarrassing when I'm watching Glee."

more embaressing that your watching glee :P

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

sits with coffee n ciggie my this is entertaining

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

"its not the issue smoke or not to smoke , its the basic principal of having the choices removed by a goverment who tell you what to do .

"

OK, where are the government in their ads telling you to stop smoking???

They are inviting people to stop and giving them help when they decide to stop for their own reasons! I certainly can't see any element of compulsion…

To say that the Government want everyone to stop smoking is pure smokers drivel! If that were to happen, they would have to announce a tax hike that would cripple most families. As has been said before, cigarettes are optional. Yes it can be difficult to stop, but anyone can if they WANT to.

Until that time I think we should go on fleecing them and car drivers (me). Again, it is a choice, but unlike smoking, for some of us there would be no work without a car! But I have to agree that there is a certain amount of pollution from motor vehicles, but as has been pointed out before, that is being addressed.

By *ethany10Couple  over a year ago

falkirk

I gave up smoking for 20 years and started again two years ago. Bloody great for losing weight

yes and if you drink enough for long enough i'm sure th percentages will be one and the same!

By *eavy Metal BallzMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

i think they will sink to any levels at the moent in the name of advertising"

I think if one child who is being abused views those ads and know where to get help and maybe even takes that step to getting help, then the ad had done its job.

So yes I think it's important that those ads are shown during kids program's.

By *athnBobCouple  over a year ago

sandwell

"

Hey, bite me. I'm not really gonna pay £12 for a 50g pouch when I can get ten 50g pouches for £50, am I. "

Wow thats expensive ...only £30 in Belgium

Coach trip and 2 nights hotel =£80

Saving on 1Kg of baccy = nearly £200

Free long weekend plus save £120 ...Bargin

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

the smoking threads always cheer me up.

they remind me,how lucky i am to be a smoker,oh happy days.

they remind me,of all those cold,wet,windy nights.when i go out for a smoke,and meet the nicest people.

they remind me,of the sanctimonious drivel,non smokers speak,to justify their persecution of smokers.

they remind me,of the days when i could have a pint and a smoke,in my local.

they remind me,of the days when i had a local.

but most of all,

they remind me,never ever ever,give up smoking,for fear of becoming one of them.

Oi saucy giz a fag and make sure it's a mental one please

"the smoking threads always cheer me up.

they remind me,of all those cold,wet,windy nights.when i go out for a smoke,and meet the nicest people.

they remind me,of the sanctimonious drivel,non smokers speak,to justify their persecution of smokers.

but most of all,

they remind me,never ever ever,give up smoking,for fear of becoming one of them.

"

What a post - fabs forums post of the year !!!

cmon the smokers......

glasgow

"Oi saucy giz a fag and make sure it's a mental one please "

for you jet,could there be any other kind.

"Oi saucy giz a fag and make sure it's a mental one please

for you jet,could there be any other kind. "

Hey Jet won't be happy at you calling him mental

ah them adverts get me down. Im a smoker, I enjoy it and Im well aware of the risks.

The statistics and slogans they put out are ridiculous..

"Smoking Kills".. so i guess non smokers are immortal!

"1 in 3 smokers die".. What happen to the other 2 then?

Smokers are continued to be demonised. even more so since the smoking ban. i get some non smoker in my ear about how my passive smoke is disgusting.. then they get into their car with the v8 engine with no regard to what they are pumping out!

There isnt a smoker alive today who doesnt know the dangers, so all these warnings and emotional blackmail fall on deaf ears... all they do is give more amunition for the non smokers to hit us with.

but most of all,

"

Yeah definately post of the year.

A murderer can smoke in his prison cell but we cant have a fag in our local pub.

Outrageous

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

but most of all,

"

As a non smoker I don't feel the need to lecture smokers....It's your life, you have to live with the consequences not me, after all it's your choice.

Do I care that you have to stand outside in the rain at the pub?....no to be honest, don't give it a fleeting thought, after all it's your choice.

Do I care that you might well be shortening your life expectancy?....no, it's your life, you do what you want with it, I couldn't give a fig one way or the other, after all it's your choice.

I applaud your commitment to bolstering the UK tax take, keep it up, Britain is proud of your efforts.

Wheres the 'Choice' in standing outside? We were forced out!

Torquay

"Wheres the 'Choice' in standing outside? We were forced out!"

Your choice to smoke.....I'm just offering you support and appreciating your efforts in keeping the Tax Pounds rolling in....

If you could up your tobacco intake the government, and the population of the UK would be most appreciative....I thank you.

Well the NHS is in a bad shape already, god help if we all suddenly stopped smoking!

Your right Jane! we're keeping the country afloat lol.

Seriously though, as a non smoker do you feel smokers are treated fairly?

Torquay

"Well the NHS is in a bad shape already, god help if we all suddenly stopped smoking!

Seriously though, as a non smoker do you feel smokers are treated fairly?"

I would have to ask the smokers....if you feel you are being treated unfairly....why?

Rushden

It’s a funny old world! Here we all are, arguing about smoking and believe me I hate it! But just because I voice my dislike of something that is not only bad for you, but also bad for me in an enclosed space, people become divisive! Fighting corners like our lives depended on it.

I have to agree with Jane. Her post just about sums it up. I have no problem with anyone smoking, just not in my house or where I want to eat. I would rather have air untainted by concentrated carcinogens!

We usually get some childish comments from some on the forums when this subject comes up, but I will risk it again… I hate smoking. (notice I said smoking, not smokers!) but that is their choice. My friends who smoke know my views because I tell them that I would rather they didn’t smoke. Not for our sake, except that if they continue they will likely end up with a smoking related disease and that would deprive us of them.

I only ever say this once and understand that it is my choice to be friends with them. I have had too many relatives and friends die from smoking related illnesses… Not an end I want to see any of the people we love going through. For others? I care not one jot whether they smoke or not.

End of sermon!

"I would have to ask the smokers....if you feel you are being treated unfairly....why?

"

I've never stayed overnight in hospital in my life so I'd say that I haven't been treated at all.

"Well the NHS is in a bad shape already, god help if we all suddenly stopped smoking!

I would have to ask the smokers....if you feel you are being treated unfairly....why?

"

Ill answer that

Im an adult human being not a dog

Unfairness comes in NOT being allowed to partake in my pleasure in a warm comfortable environment as such in a pub for instance

All we want is a room now that may be difficult for non smokers ta grasp but why the hell should we freeze to death??

Ill answer that

Im an adult human being not a dog

Unfairness comes in NOT being allowed to partake in my pleasure in a warm comfortable environment as such in a pub for instance

All we want is a room now that may be difficult for non smokers ta grasp but why the hell should we freeze to death??"

The most infuriating part is that prior to the ban in pubs etc non-smokers said they'd use the pubs and bars more if they were smoke free. Well, where the fuck are they then? We've now got empty pubs that are closing and an army of non-smokers sitting at home behind a bolted door sniggering at how they've totally fucked up an industry and pissed off millions (yes, MILLIONS) of people who used to enjoy a pint and a cigar/ette.

Yeah the pubs around here are dwindling fast, and those that are still open are just surviving. A pub just isnt a social place anymore. People would rather stay at home in the warm than be forced outside to have a cigarette.

And to add to that.. there have been no new people coming to these pubs. No influx of non smokers suddenly appearing. Just the old faithful whos numbers are steadily dwindling cos theyve had enough.

Non smoker would have a valid argument if they started using the pubs, but then havent. Theyve just left them die

"Yeah the pubs around here are dwindling fast, and those that are still open are just surviving. A pub just isnt a social place anymore. People would rather stay at home in the warm than be forced outside to have a cigarette."

And those that are still open have to pay Sky upto £3k/month depending on the rateable value of the business to show football matches which is the obvious draw for pubs in getting punters in drinking.

Basically, between Sky and the anti-smoking brigade our pub industry has been decimated.

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Why on earth are they banning electronic fags at airports...or anywhere? Just what is going on?

They don't give off smoke, can't annoy others, don't even damage the 'smoker'.

Some people just enjoy banning. It gives them a purpose in life.

They're all publicly funded.

Sack 'em all.

"Why on earth are they banning electronic fags at airports...or anywhere? Just what is going on?

They don't give off smoke, can't annoy others, don't even damage the 'smoker'.

Some people just enjoy banning. It gives them a purpose in life.

They're all publicly funded.

Sack 'em all."

Because of the manpower lost in not being able to tell the difference between an electronic cigarette (which isn't a cigarette at all) and a real one. It would cost money to apprehend someone, take them somewhere secure thus diverting staff from elsewhere, only to find they haven't committed a crime at all. Far easier to elimiate the problem by banning elec. cigs too.

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

I have nothing against smokers or smoking but can only go by my own experience ...

I smoked when I was ebyoung, stopped for 20 years and started again when my marriage broke up (yes it was stress)

2 years later I suffered from a heart attack aged 49 and believe me when I say that I stopped when I was on the operating table having a stent inserted to remove a blockage!

Doesn't bother me if people smoke but know I won't be lighting up again

Oh and I celebrated my 50th birthday yesterday!!

"I have nothing against smokers or smoking but can only go by my own experience ...

I smoked when I was ebyoung, stopped for 20 years and started again when my marriage broke up (yes it was stress)

2 years later I suffered from a heart attack aged 49 and believe me when I say that I stopped when I was on the operating table having a stent inserted to remove a blockage!

Doesn't bother me if people smoke but know I won't be lighting up again

Oh and I celebrated my 50th birthday yesterday!!

"

Was your heart attack attributed purely to smoking?

Well as people who know me can attest to the fact am not a considerate smoker what so ever. But come the New Year I have my tablets ready to stop smoking. Giving up mainly to health (chest infections) and cost.

Then am changing my profile considerably to NOT MEETING SMELLY FOOKERS

Im waiting for the stop eating cream cakes and burgers adverts, and the taxes on trans-fats, smokers are getting more and more victimized, the other day some train station guy came and told me I couldn't smoke in the 100% uncovered outdoor train station car park, ridiculous.

"Im waiting for the stop eating cream cakes and burgers adverts, and the taxes on trans-fats, smokers are getting more and more victimized, the other day some train station guy came and told me I couldn't smoke in the 100% uncovered outdoor train station car park, ridiculous."

Hope you told him to fuck off.

Rushden

"Im waiting for the stop eating cream cakes and burgers adverts, and the taxes on trans-fats, smokers are getting more and more victimized, the other day some train station guy came and told me I couldn't smoke in the 100% uncovered outdoor train station car park, ridiculous."

That's unusual and a tad silly! The only way that someone can ask you to stop smoking is if it is private land. Although, if it was a council car park and they have a ban on all council property...

Our warehouse complex had no smoking anywhere within the perimeter except inside the portacabin that was supplied for that purpose. No dangerouse goods or anything like that, just the rules and way before the ban. Union (USDAW) tried to fight it, but gave up when they lost the first part. But they were a weak union!

glasgow

"Wheres the 'Choice' in standing outside? We were forced out!

Your choice to smoke.....I'm just offering you support and appreciating your efforts in keeping the Tax Pounds rolling in....

If you could up your tobacco intake the government, and the population of the UK would be most appreciative....I thank you."

no need to thank us jane,it's what we do.

"Wheres the 'Choice' in standing outside? We were forced out!

If you could up your tobacco intake the government, and the population of the UK would be most appreciative....I thank you.

no need to thank us jane,it's what we do.

"

in fact most of the UK smoking population buy counterfeit or non tax paid ciggys and baccy..

and that costs the taxpayer millions in lost revenue..

The money that goes to Police - to fight the mafias/triads that are mass producing copy or fake fags / handbags / perfumes / razor blades / shoes / dvd - game discs etc etc etc !!!

its officially cheaper NOT to buy tobacco and Entertainment products from your local goverment.. and the cost to the taxpayer will be greater in the longrun !!

dont just thank us smokers..

I feckin love smoking. Gives me a chance to get away from people I don't wanna talk to. I wonder how many at Chams the other night said, "just popping out for a fag," even if they didn't smoke.

Looks like the WAG has given up this term to ban smoking in cars, but will be back next session...

but could you class d*unk drivers as they cause most car accidents leading to death. maybe not as much effecting health as smoking but i would think they would ban alcohol before smoking. banning smoking inside as already lost pubs alot of mney especially in the winter. but iam a smoking and agree on that rule i wouldnt

but could you class d*unk drivers as they cause most car accidents leading to death. maybe not as much effecting health as smoking but i would think they would ban alcohol before smoking. banning smoking inside as already lost pubs alot of mney especially in the winter. but iam a smoking and agree on that rule i wouldnt "

But they do run anti drinks campaign...

Drinkwise, about of units a week you should drink, messages on cans/bottles, high duty (Tax) on them and more...

but could you class d*unk drivers as they cause most car accidents leading to death. maybe not as much effecting health as smoking but i would think they would ban alcohol before smoking. banning smoking inside as already lost pubs alot of mney especially in the winter. but iam a smoking and agree on that rule i wouldnt

Drinkwise, about of units a week you should drink, messages on cans/bottles, high duty (Tax) on them and more..."

i think both drinking and smoking shouldnt be banned i just think people should think of others when smoking and should never drive when had a drink and should get to know there limits. lol i like doing both and think they would cause more trouble banning them as alot of people will be out of buisness and very angry.

because alcohol doesn't have a fifty percent chance of killing you.

Drinkwise, about of units a week you should drink, messages on cans/bottles, high duty (Tax) on them and more...

i think both drinking and smoking shouldnt be banned i just think people should think of others when smoking and should never drive when had a drink and should get to know there limits. lol i like doing both and think they would cause more trouble banning them as alot of people will be out of buisness and very angry. "

Do remember they are not banning smoking, only where you can't smoke. if your next to me and you smoke, I have no choice in a queue, a restaurant, in a pub, out doors I can move away and it's diluted by the open air...

I don't want smoking totally banned as people should have the choice

because alcohol doesn't have a fifty percent chance of killing you.

i think both drinking and smoking shouldnt be banned i just think people should think of others when smoking and should never drive when had a drink and should get to know there limits. lol i like doing both and think they would cause more trouble banning them as alot of people will be out of buisness and very angry.

Do remember they are not banning smoking, only where you can't smoke. if your next to me and you smoke, I have no choice in a queue, a restaurant, in a pub, out doors I can move away and it's diluted by the open air...

I don't want smoking totally banned as people should have the choice "

i must admit i have never smoked in a resterant as i hate smoke when im eating but yeah they cant ban them but i bet theres folk that will try.x

as a non smoker and a person that doesnt really drink too much or often. i dont think that either of them should be banned either... they have their place... the gov just need something to mess with

"....

I don't want smoking totally banned as people should have the choice

i must admit i have never smoked in a restaurant as i hate smoke when im eating but yeah they cant ban them but i bet there's folk that will try.x"

Oh yes, and lots of smokers are illiterate as well, look at hospitals, supposed to be no smoking in the grounds, but they do.

Glad you don't smoke when eating, one woman did and I till have a burn mark on my willy, boom boom

"Oh yes, and lots of smokers are illiterate as well, look at hospitals, supposed to be no smoking in the grounds, but they do."

I don't see how anyone should be able to legislate how free air should be used, regardless of whether it's surrounded by the perimeter of whatever organisation wishes to make such legislation. It's just a simple patch of Earth that someone has dictated that they have the right to tell others what to do within it.

Why don't the GMC strike off any doctor, surgeon or nurse that smokes if it's that preoccupied with it's war on smokers, and while they're at it they can tell the govt that they don't want funds raised from the tax on smokers either. I won't hold my breath.

but could you class d*unk drivers as they cause most car accidents leading to death. maybe not as much effecting health as smoking but i would think they would ban alcohol before smoking. banning smoking inside as already lost pubs alot of mney especially in the winter. but iam a smoking and agree on that rule i wouldnt "

Can you not see how flawed that argument is? Only a small percentage of drinkers drive for starters...

"Oh yes, and lots of smokers are illiterate as well, look at hospitals, supposed to be no smoking in the grounds, but they do.

I don't see how anyone should be able to legislate how free air should be used, regardless of whether it's surrounded by the perimeter of whatever organisation wishes to make such legislation. It's just a simple patch of Earth that someone has dictated that they have the right to tell others what to do within it.

Why don't the GMC strike off any doctor, surgeon or nurse that smokes if it's that preoccupied with it's war on smokers, and while they're at it they can tell the govt that they don't want funds raised from the tax on smokers either. I won't hold my breath. "

Yes that would be rather interesting...

Imaging if there was an over weight person giving advice about diet and healthy eating or a smoker giving talks about the evils of smoking and cessation tips... Makes you wonder if it happens

Can you not see how flawed that argument is? Only a small percentage of drinkers drive for starters..."

i think theres quite a few that drink and drive even if its a couple of pints or a couple of wines. the amount of accidents reported and the driver that has caused the acident is over the limit. i got stopped once going to work last xmas becouse it was very early and roads were empty and they said they was checking i hadnt been out drinking. obviously for them they wasted there time as i dont drink and drive full stop.

» Add a new message to this topic