FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Racist Tram Journey!

Racist Tram Journey!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ottyhunk OP   Couple  over a year ago

Leyburn

Has anyone seen the You Tube video of the woman from South London with a small child on her knee ranting racial abuse on a tram journey?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

yep, pretty shocking

feel sorry for the kid

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just watched it , words fail me

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

She is just real life trolling, ignore her.

Watch Fenton the dog instead.

Yes!!! It shocked me how aggressive she was being, with a child sat on her knee. She either has some mental health problem or is a very angry aggressive woman, either way she needs help. For the child's sake!!!

"She is just real life trolling, ignore her.

Watch Fenton the dog instead."

I watched that the other day

in the night garden

I watched that the other day "

I am following him on twitter.

Fenton reckons if he uploaded a video of him putting racist tram lady into a wheelie bin the whole of the internetz would collapse.

i thought it was quite funny the way someones just sat filming her and shes letting them

do you not think maybe its a set up?

"Has anyone seen the You Tube video of the woman from South London with a small child on her knee ranting racial abuse on a tram journey?"

No only is it appalling but borders on child abuse too - the woman is a disgrace to humanity

"Yes!!! It shocked me how aggressive she was being, with a child sat on her knee. She either has some mental health problem or is a very angry aggressive woman, either way she needs help. For the child's sake!!! "

she looks like shes high to me, did you not notice how she kept wrinkling up her nose and sniff a lot?

I watched that the other day

I am following him on twitter.

Fenton reckons if he uploaded a video of him putting racist tram lady into a wheelie bin the whole of the internetz would collapse. "

Dont know what I am more worried about the fact you talking to a dog or that the dog wants to do that

I watched it last night! Disgusting behavior

Very unpleasant but I would like to know what got her so wound up before the covert camera recording.

in the night garden

" Dont know what I am more worried about the fact you talking to a dog or that the dog wants to do that "

Really great example of our Britain isnt it.

I have had a similar experience of being in a bus queue and a very d*unk idiot man was shouting out racist remarks, telling black people they couldnt get on the bus until all the while people were seated first.

I couldnt stand it so I told him I didnt want to hear his filth and to stop being racist as it was offensive. He continued to call me names for a few minutes until the bus arrived, saying id got black family waiting for me at home. Disgraceful behaviour. Luckily the bus arrived, we all got on with him trying to stop certain people getting on,and the bus driver refused him entry.

I would imagine its just a drop in the ocean to the abuse that goes on out there, she was just caught on camera.

Simon's Cat is much nicer to watch :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s13dLaTIHSg&feature=relmfu

Why fill your mind, which such horrid people?, I won't be watching it...

"Simon's Cat is much nicer to watch :D

Why fill your mind, which such horrid people?, I won't be watching it..."

thats much better thank you

Why fill your mind, which such horrid people?, I won't be watching it...

thats much better thank you "

i luv simons cat and fenton

the fenton / american werewolf spoof is also quite funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFppcyRMRM4

been on a bus and seen similar but this was aimed at an elderly woman.

"Has anyone seen the You Tube video of the woman from South London with a small child on her knee ranting racial abuse on a tram journey?

No only is it appalling but borders on child abuse too - the woman is a disgrace to humanity"

How the hell is it child abuse?

The woman is guilty of aggravated racial behaviour but no child was harmed during the making of this video.

It seems people are all too quick to bandy around accusations without knowing whether it actually has a basis in law.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Being from South London I was brought up in a very diverse place in South London. However there are parts of it where there is still a negitive view to other races. I have had my fair share of racist taunts thrown at me. Racism will always be out there and it usually steams from generation to generation.

However I learnt that we are all equals no one is better than anyone else. South london is my home and I have not watched the video but sadly things like that go on everyday in the world. I don't find it acceptable but it does happen. Its about changing the mind of todays generation and educating the older generation but I think that is too late. I concentrate on the person I am and don't worry about the rest.

"Has anyone seen the You Tube video of the woman from South London with a small child on her knee ranting racial abuse on a tram journey?

No only is it appalling but borders on child abuse too - the woman is a disgrace to humanity

The woman is guilty of aggravated racial behaviour but no child was harmed during the making of this video.

It seems people are all too quick to bandy around accusations without knowing whether it actually has a basis in law. "

Child abuse takes many forms - its not just physical act! And actually, from a legal stance - I know what Im talking about!

"No only is it appalling but borders on child abuse too - the woman is a disgrace to humanity

It seems people are all too quick to bandy around accusations without knowing whether it actually has a basis in law.

Child abuse takes many forms - its not just physical act! And actually, from a legal stance - I know what Im talking about!"

I'm sure if she was guilty of child abuse she would have been charged with child abuse, yet she was only charged with suspicion of a racially-aggravated offence. Why don't we stick to the facts here instead of forming a lynch mob and throwing all sorts of unfounded accusations about.

Remember Cleveland some years back?

I've just watched it....

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

I found this rather good satirical piece about the incident on NewsThump:

Daily Mail berates female tram racist for spouting Daily Mail’s opinions

The Daily Mail this morning roundly condemned a South London woman for loudly expressing the sort of opinions regularly seen across the pages of its newspaper.

The woman, who has been arrested for a racially aggravated offence, is also likely to face civil charges after the paper implied she had some how managed to get hold of a copy of their editorial calendar.

A spokesperson for the paper said, “We take our editorial stance extremely seriously, and we can’t sit idly by whilst someone simply reads from our crib sheet in a public forum like a tram journey.”

“We have a full-page op-ed piece planned for Friday all about the ‘Niggeragurans’ and their threat to the British way of life – how could she possibly know about that if she hadn’t stolen it from us?”

“We will be pursuing her with the full force of the law, unless of course she makes a public statement to confirm that the opinions she so clearly articulated were not her own, but in fact belong to the Daily Mail.”

Tram racist

Regular readers of the Daily Mail have winced at the video as the racist woman desperately slurs her way through lots of sentiments that they totally agree with.

“It’s embarrassing,” said 40 year old reader Simon Jones, “It’s like watching your five year-old singing in the school play – it’s pretty awful quality, but you can’t help being proud of them by the end.”

Daily Mail editor Paul Dacre spoke of disappointment at the whole episode.

He told reporters, “Of course we were extremely saddened to see our editorial agenda reduced to the guttural slurrings of a South London moron.”

“But with a little tidying up she would make a great columnist, don’t you think?”

Seen it before, disgraceful

I can't believe so many people are proclaiming outrage at this. The BNP are far worse and they are a legally recognised British political party.

The woman is clearly upset at something or another, and nobody has even tried to establish if she's mentally ill - you know, that thing we were discussing yesterday on another thread about how mentally ill people are not responsible for their actions.

She may have lost a partner/brother etc in a racially motivated attack and feels hatred to all non-whites and I'd understand that even if I couldn't condone it.

There's always more than meets the eye in these types of stories but the media have jumped on it and pushed it as blatant racism. Who's to say that the person she started her tirade against hadn't offended her first in some racially provocative way. We haven't seen what happened just before this video was shot.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I saw a article awhile back stating that people from different countries are doing some jobs that we don't want to do.. Now that point was made in the video. I do wonder sometimes that this statement maybe true.

As the people claiming benefits are rising. I would also like to add its quite difficult to claim benefits if you are from a different country they can't just come here and claim..

"No only is it appalling but borders on child abuse too - the woman is a disgrace to humanity

Child abuse takes many forms - its not just physical act! And actually, from a legal stance - I know what Im talking about!

I'm sure if she was guilty of child abuse she would have been charged with child abuse, yet she was only charged with suspicion of a racially-aggravated offence. Why don't we stick to the facts here instead of forming a lynch mob and throwing all sorts of unfounded accusations about.

Remember Cleveland some years back?"

i dont see it as child abuse but i do think talking like that infront of her own child makes her a bloody bad mother, to use that kind of language infront of your child......theres no excuse for it

then when the kid goes to nursery and tells one of the black kids to fuck off back home, he'll be the one the teachers are telling off

i do think someone needs to step in and sort that side of her life out too

"i dont see it as child abuse but i do think talking like that infront of her own child makes her a bloody bad mother, to use that kind of language infront of your child......theres no excuse for it

then when the kid goes to nursery and tells one of the black kids to fuck off back home, he'll be the one the teachers are telling off

i do think someone needs to step in and sort that side of her life out too"

That's pretty much how I see it too. There's no child abuse there as she's not directing her tirade at any children, and her own child doesn't seem too nonplussed about it so I suspect he may have seen her speaking like before.

all raceisim is wrong. and the woman on the tube needs to be kicked in the butt ,however can i point out that racisim is not one sided,i stood in a bar in edinburgh just a while ago and over herd two asian men being very racist towards whites ,and some very woring comments about what they want to do to white women,so guys lets stop it across the board

Remember Cleveland some years back?

i dont see it as child abuse but i do think talking like that infront of her own child makes her a bloody bad mother, to use that kind of language infront of your child......theres no excuse for it

i do think someone needs to step in and sort that side of her life out too"

It is disgraceful to talk that way in front of your child, but I've seen mothers using language like that to their toddlers every Saturday when I'm shopping, telling them to fucking shut up whinging etc.

yeh i have herd mothers and fathers saying some life thretning things to there kids and said with real agretion,probably just had the child to get there hands on a council house and endless bennifets

would she have done it without the kid on her lap ?

i dare say the child stopped her gettin what she deserved, a fkin good slap !

By *arwensReturnCouple  over a year ago

darwen

It is very wrong but as its only a short clip u dont see what has happened previously to her and the child, yes the reaction is not good but we only have that short view on what might have been 30mins or so??

Still doing that with a chhild on your knee is not good at all

Ive searched u tube and cant find it, but have read about the story......How dare someone say these people have kids just to get a coucil house? They are after the child benefit, income support council tax benefit free schoo dinners and free colege courses they can get too.

As someone else said previously, I know what Im talking about.....

I feel sorry for the kid in all of this .

Menace to our society .

"Ive searched u tube and cant find it, but have read about the story......How dare someone say these people have kids just to get a coucil house? They are after the child benefit, income support council tax benefit free schoo dinners and free colege courses they can get too.

As someone else said previously, I know what Im talking about....."

just put in on you tube racist woman on tram

i dont have alot to say about it other than i found it quite disturbing in many ways

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Yes it was shocking footage, but it does make you wonder what led up to the incident, and why the person filming that part of the episode never thought that was worthy of being filmed or uploaded onto Youtube.

I would be surprised if there wasn't more to the story than just the part about the woman ranting and spouting racist hatred.....

But her comments were shocking

goto the sun website its on the front page

Leyburn

Well, one things for sure. She is not alone with her thoughts/actions. There will be many others who will have viewed the YouTube footage and applauded her, as well as wishing they have been with her to add fuel to her raging fire.

At least incidents as public as this give most of us a bit of a wake-up call to how some of our current society is thinking and behaving, and as much as Britain likes to promote itself as a multi-cultural part of the world, it still has a long way to go before we can all just integrate together and accept each other peacefully!

"goto the sun website its on the front page"

what are you doing in the forums....get back to reading the sun newspaper

By *o DaddyMan  over a year ago

Worcestershire

"would she have done it without the kid on her lap ?

i dare say the child stopped her gettin what she deserved, a fkin good slap !"

wouldn't that have been assaulting her?.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I thought the rest of the people on the tram were very restrained seeing as she was abusing most of them.

As a previous comment said I reckon she used the kid as protection from being hit.

Frankly other than that just a pathetic rant.

By *rownsuga1982Man  over a year ago

leicester

watch "how can she slap" hilarious

What shocked me the most, apart from the obvious, was how the toddler just sat there and never even flinched, poor little mite is obviously used to here behaving in that manner!

I've just spent the last 7 months working in East Croydon (where the trams run thru).

It used to be quite a nice place years ago but for various reasons it's gone downhill sharply. There seems to be a bit of racial tension in the area and my best mate who lives in Addington says it's getting worse by the day. I was working right next to the social security office and the vast majority of the people who were signing on were white. Some have obviously got a chip on their shoulder about non British people (as they see it) taking their jobs. Truth is a lot of em don't want jobs,they'd rather be in the Wetherspoons in George St at 10:30 getting pissed. I was talking to the manger of prets one day,which is totally staffed by foreigners (and i must add that they're fantastic at their job) and he told me British people never apply for jobs their.

This woman seems pissed and just spouted a load of ill informed claptrap

I will wait till we know more about it, what made it kick off etc.

She could be on drugs, she might have mental health problems, she just might be a bigoted person...

But did make me laugh as she was ranting and swearing, she told one to be respectful as SHE had a child with her...

nothing new to me..I endure this all the time..but would you beleive i was once told by a couple from this site, " dont wink at me, we dont play with P***"..

"

I thought the rest of the people on the tram were very restrained seeing as she was abusing most of them.

"

to be honest if i saw it i wouldnt get involved either

As the chances would be id have my child with me, id have just walked into another carrage if it was possible, but i know for sure theres no way id have gotten into a argument with someone like that infront of my child

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Exactly, they showed great restraint.

By *littylikka69Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

i wish we could have seen the start of this,must have been an argument or incident happened to start the poor girl off don't you think?.

"i wish we could have seen the start of this,must have been an argument or incident happened to start the poor girl off don't you think?."

dare say something started her off

but poor girl?

theres nothing anyone could say to me to make me behave like that in public, use language like that infront of children

that was her own choice

West Midlands

so in other words you were not there and do not know what started the poor girl off?.

Having watched the vid now I am fairly. confident what started it of. Bad education, bad social conditions and 5 pints of stella.

I was heartened by the white girl who turned around and told her to shut up....

..it's an absolute disgrace.......all the money John Terry earns and he makes his wife use public transport!!

By *o DaddyMan  over a year ago

Worcestershire

i still can't help but wonder what drove her to explode like that,do you?.

in the same way that people are wondering why gary speed committed suicide i wonder did something we are not aware of trigger these emotions off in both circumstances?,and before the forums resident pc/barrack room lawyers come in and say the situations are not the same,could they explain why not?,in gary speed case it is too late to help him,but something has obviously bugged this poor girl and no one seems to want to find out or help her,and she might get the help gary speed did not get!,can you explain it?.

in the night garden

"..it's an absolute disgrace.......all the money John Terry earns and he makes his wife use public transport!!"

lulz

"i still can't help but wonder what drove her to explode like that,do you?.

in the same way that people are wondering why gary speed committed suicide i wonder did something we are not aware of trigger these emotions off in both circumstances?,and before the forums resident pc/barrack room lawyers come in and say the situations are not the same,could they explain why not?,in gary speed case it is too late to help him,but something has obviously bugged this poor girl and no one seems to want to find out or help her,and she might get the help gary speed did not get!,can you explain it?."

Or maybe she's just a racist bitch.

[Removed by poster at 29/11/11 17:31:28]

"Or maybe she's just a racist bitch. "

That was uncalled for. We swingers put ourselves forward as the more liberated people in our society yet some of us cannot abstain from making spurious comments about situations where not all the facts have been made public - by a media who are feeding on the frenzy of this lone mother on a tube train.

What if it emerges that the person she was having a pop at had assumed she was a white trash single mother and called her such - would it make her angry enough to say what she said, and would it make it understandable without actually condoning it? I'm not saying that that's what happened, which is the point of my post - assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

in the same way that people are wondering why gary speed committed suicide i wonder did something we are not aware of trigger these emotions off in both circumstances?,and before the forums resident pc/barrack room lawyers come in and say the situations are not the same,could they explain why not?,in gary speed case it is too late to help him,but something has obviously bugged this poor girl and no one seems to want to find out or help her,and she might get the help gary speed did not get!,can you explain it?."

i do understand where your coming from but by the way shes talking im guessing it wasnt much that set her off

no matter what someone said to me i would never talk like that to anyone, and believe me i live in a very ethnic area and we have lots of problems with some of the asian kids round here

my daughter was attacked by 3 asian lads a few years back simply for walking thro their community, they said she wasnt welcome there, but i still wouldnt talk to asian people like that, even tho inside i felt like kicking the shit out of them for touching my daughter just for walking thro 'their streets' but i wouldnt do it simply because i refuse to lower myself to their standards, its called self restraint, we called the police and let them deal with it

people choose what words come out their mouths, whatever was said to her could have been said to someone else and got a totally different reaction

By *he BananamanMan  over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

in the same way that people are wondering why gary speed committed suicide i wonder did something we are not aware of trigger these emotions off in both circumstances?,and before the forums resident pc/barrack room lawyers come in and say the situations are not the same,could they explain why not?,in gary speed case it is too late to help him,but something has obviously bugged this poor girl and no one seems to want to find out or help her,and she might get the help gary speed did not get!,can you explain it?.

Or maybe she's just a racist bitch. "

that statement is very naughty and uncalled for!,at your age you should engage brain before speaking!,is that not what you are saying the poor girl in the train should have done?,if you at your age cannot control yourself how can you expect a young mother to do so when you do not have the slightest notion of any provocation that she might have hgone through!,for gods sake grow up!.

Or maybe she's just a racist bitch.

that statement is very naughty and uncalled for!,at your age you should engage brain before speaking!,is that not what you are saying the poor girl in the train should have done?,if you at your age cannot control yourself how can you expect a young mother to do so when you do not have the slightest notion of any provocation that she might have hgone through!,for gods sake grow up!."

by the same token why assume she is a 'poor girl'?. i don't get that

i still think shes high on drugs, ive watched it a few times and just the way she keeps biting her bottom lip, and wrinkling her nose, she looks like shes a bit edgy to, like someone high

for all we know noone could have said anything, some people dont need provoking

noone on the recording was calling her names she was the only one being abusive, so where was these people who was upsetting her and making her speak in such a way infront of kids

i dont understand why people keep referring to her as a poor women, only person i can see on that vid that i think ...awwww poor sole is the kid sat on her knee acting like its a every day accurance, i found it quite worrying how her shouting and swearing didnt upset him in the slightes, he is obviously used to it

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"i still think shes high on drugs, ive watched it a few times and just the way she keeps biting her bottom lip, and wrinkling her nose, she looks like shes a bit edgy to, like someone high

for all we know noone could have said anything, some people dont need provoking

noone on the recording was calling her names she was the only one being abusive, so where was these people who was upsetting her and making her speak in such a way infront of kids

i dont understand why people keep referring to her as a poor women, only person i can see on that vid that i think ...awwww poor sole is the kid sat on her knee acting like its a every day accurance, i found it quite worrying how her shouting and swearing didnt upset him in the slightes, he is obviously used to it"

the kid could have a good future as a rap artist?

disclaimer : i've read about it but not seen the video.

Well she's had her 15 minutes of Warhol fame now and she'll probably benefit will from it in her local area for some time to come, local hero and all that. (That's a reference to the high racial tension in the area of London from which she heralds, so she'll certainly have her supporters there)

West Midlands

"I've just spent the last 7 months working in East Croydon (where the trams run thru).

It used to be quite a nice place years ago but for various reasons it's gone downhill sharply. There seems to be a bit of racial tension in the area and my best mate who lives in Addington says it's getting worse by the day. I was working right next to the social security office and the vast majority of the people who were signing on were white. Some have obviously got a chip on their shoulder about non British people (as they see it) taking their jobs. Truth is a lot of em don't want jobs,they'd rather be in the Wetherspoons in George St at 10:30 getting pissed. I was talking to the manger of prets one day,which is totally staffed by foreigners (and i must add that they're fantastic at their job) and he told me British people never apply for jobs their.

This woman seems pissed and just spouted a load of ill informed claptrap "

you say that the british people living

in croydon do not want work but you have only been working thee for 7 months!,do you know the background to the unemployment problem there?.

i myself have worked on/off at heathrow airport for 5 years on the construction of new terminals and the fit outs and for years the main language spoken on construction sites had been english with spattering of irish but now you are hard pushed to hear these on sites!,

we are pushed into a small area of the canteens as the poles and other and other eastern europeans take over the jobs,sites and workshops by working for lesser pay forcing native brits onto the dole!.

not everyone wants to be thrown on the scrapheap in their 30s 40s or even 50s at all then you get people like you tarring everyone not working as being lazy and not wanting to work!.

when you think about it is no wonder tensions get a bit high and strained in places like croydon,adlington or other areas is it now?.

Regardless of what set this woman off, I struggle to really believe that she is the epitome of motherhood, a quietly spoken woman who was pushed to the edge by an action of someone just before the video was started. You can tell that she has little social skills, poor social background, limited language and, to put it bluntly, as rough as a dogs arse.

If I was incredibly angry I would not act in that manner. I know how to conduct myself in social situations. She committed a public order offence and a racial offence and therefore charged as such. There is no excuse for that kind of behaviour.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

"Yes!!! It shocked me how aggressive she was being, with a child sat on her knee. She either has some mental health problem or is a very angry aggressive woman, either way she needs help. For the child's sake!!!

she looks like shes high to me, did you not notice how she kept wrinkling up her nose and sniff a lot?

"

I got the impression she was from mu mu land...she really looks like she needs some sort of help...a sorry sight.

"

i myself have worked on/off at heathrow airport for 5 years on the construction of new terminals and the fit outs and for years the main language spoken on construction sites had been english with spattering of irish but now you are hard pushed to hear these on sites!,

we are pushed into a small area of the canteens as the poles and other and other eastern europeans take over the jobs,sites and workshops by working for lesser pay forcing native brits onto the dole!.

"

i totally agree. the construction jobs at heathrow could have gone to local people rather than people from,let's say poland,or albania..or worcestershire

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

"Has anyone seen the You Tube video of the woman from South London with a small child on her knee ranting racial abuse on a tram journey?"

she is high, look at her mouth, eyes, watch the body language, completely off her tree, and very lucky not to get a smack in the head, did you see th eppl calming the guy down at the back of her

Ill agree that maybe calling this woman a bitch is uncalled for. Arse hole is far more apropriate.

The woman is d*unk or stoned, neither of which is an excuse for hurling racist abuse at someone. Even if she had been provocked by someone (which I doubt, as yyou need to believe that claptrap before you start gobbing off) that is no excuse.

Dont call her a 'poor woman' her behaviour was foul....

By *abe1200Couple  over a year ago

belfast

"Well, one things for sure. She is not alone with her thoughts/actions. There will be many others who will have viewed the YouTube footage and applauded her, as well as wishing they have been with her to add fuel to her raging fire.

At least incidents as public as this give most of us a bit of a wake-up call to how some of our current society is thinking and behaving, and as much as Britain likes to promote itself as a multi-cultural part of the world, it still has a long way to go before we can all just integrate together and accept each other peacefully!"

Well said.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

whilst something clearly 'kicked her off 'to cause her to act like that, provocation is not an excuse

she was letting rip at all and sundry not just one particular nationaltity or colour, she started off with 'poles' and went on to aim her anger at 'black' people.

new addington is by and large wholly a 'white' area, mostly good decent people but there is a minority on the estate with pretty similar views to this woman and no doubt its sadly not disimilar to other estates around the country.

you wont see black kids 'cruising' around there on an evening and you wont see white kids 'cruising' on an evening around broad green / thornton heath which are both within the croydon borough.

just the way it is...

She was clearly off her head on something weather drugs or booze her eyes give that away. Isn't there a law in this crazy society for being off ya head in charge of a minor??? What kind of upbringing is that poor child got as they say behaviour breeds behaviour.

By *ax the gentle GiantMan  over a year ago

birmingham

the BNP now have a new recruit to spread there message what a properganda coupe lol

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

A woman has appeared in court following an alleged racist rant on a Croydon Tram.

Emma West, 34, from New Addington, was charged with committing a racially aggravated public order offence.

Miss West, wearing a white and pink Adidas tracksuit top and jeans, spoke only to confirm her name and address at Croydon Magistrates Court this morning.

The court heard Miss West was arrested yesterday after a video was broadcast on YouTube, which showed a woman travelling on a tram between Croydon and Wimbledon making racists comments to other passengers.

The video has attracted a huge amount of attention worldwide and received more than 2.2 million hits in 24-hours.

Miss West was remanded in custody for a week pending psychiatric reports.

She is due to reappear in court on Tuesday December 6.

Today's Guardian - I think - read it online.

I wonder if the poster, will donate the money they get off YouTube to a suitable cause

Not the first..and probably not the last

West Midlands

"

i totally agree. the construction jobs at heathrow could have gone to local people rather than people from,let's say poland,or albania..or worcestershire "

so why did you not let the good people of croydon have the work that you did in croydon?,you travel from gravesend to croydon yet de-cry me from travelling from worcestershire to heathrow to work!.

and regarding the poles,albanians,lithuanians,latvians,portugese,russians,italians,etc on heathrow,just a quick geography lesson for you!,worcestershire is still in the uk and we do hold uk passports here!.

worcester is a lot closer to heathrow than eastern europe a i can get from home to work in 90 minutes!,can they say the same?.

"

i totally agree. the construction jobs at heathrow could have gone to local people rather than people from,let's say poland,or albania..or worcestershire

so why did you not let the good people of croydon have the work that you did in croydon?,you travel from gravesend to croydon yet de-cry me from travelling from worcestershire to heathrow to work!.

and regarding the poles,albanians,lithuanians,latvians,portugese,russians,italians,etc on heathrow,just a quick geography lesson for you!,worcestershire is still in the uk and we do hold uk passports here!.

worcester is a lot closer to heathrow than eastern europe a i can get from home to work in 90 minutes!,can they say the same?."

I've only been in Gravesend two months. I've spent the rest of my life in south london(within a bus ride of croydon) as for most of the europeans that you mention they hold the same passport that you do. A EU one. Or a UK work permit.

I also work in the construction industry in a trade that every fucker seems to think they can do. Has the influx of foreigners meant i've had less work? almost certainly..Less Money? almost certainly..Had an impact on my standard of living? probably. But until I'm in a position where I can change EU employment law or UK work permit policy there's not a lot i can do about it. So I refuse to get bent out of shape and whine about it

having recently started seeing asian guy i am shocked at how much racism there still is. we get comments and downright rudness but i tend to just ignore people

By *abe1200Couple  over a year ago

belfast

"Having watched the vid now I am fairly. confident what started it of. Bad education, bad social conditions and 5 pints of stella.

I was heartened by the white girl who turned around and told her to shut up....

"

thats so true.That black lady took it well i tell you.She should have reaaranged her face ohhh i forgot she had a kid on her lap.Thats wot bein on benefit do 2 ppl.She is a disgrace to United Kingdom

West Midlands

"

I also work in the construction industry in a trade that every fucker seems to think they can do. Has the influx of foreigners meant i've had less work? almost certainly..Less Money? almost certainly..Had an impact on my standard of living? probably. But until I'm in a position where I can change EU employment law or UK work permit policy there's not a lot i can do about it. So I refuse to get bent out of shape and whine about it

"

not get bent out of shape & whine about it?,you mentioned it first by decrying the people of croydon that were not in work!.

when terminal 5a was nearing completion and guys being laid off some of the tradesmen working alongside me went to other companies to try to get a start and where told quite blatantly that they were only taking on poles,or at another only taking on portugese workers,even though these guys lived locally at nearby places like staines,ashford,guildford and woking,this went on at a few companies they tried for work to stay on the site!.

it's these things that get people irate about foreigners taking the jobs that should be available to uk tradesmen!,

when i mentioned this on a forum here when i got laid off from t5 a woman on here merely sniggered and mokingly said "ah,did you lose your job to a foreigner then,shame",it was alright for her as she still had a job of work to earn a living!,i see she is still posting on forums offering her advice to all and sundry.

you don't say if the poles also lived locally

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

The woman concerned has now been arrested!

"

not get bent out of shape & whine about it?,you mentioned it first by decrying the people of croydon that were not in work!.

when terminal 5a was nearing completion and guys being laid off some of the tradesmen working alongside me went to other companies to try to get a start and where told quite blatantly that they were only taking on poles,or at another only taking on portugese workers,even though these guys lived locally at nearby places like staines,ashford,guildford and woking,this went on at a few companies they tried for work to stay on the site!.

it's these things that get people irate about foreigners taking the jobs that should be available to uk tradesmen!,

when i mentioned this on a forum here when i got laid off from t5 a woman on here merely sniggered and mokingly said "ah,did you lose your job to a foreigner then,shame",it was alright for her as she still had a job of work to earn a living!,i see she is still posting on forums offering her advice to all and sundry. "

You and your mates should record these conversations on your phones and raise a discrimination claim......

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

"

when i mentioned this on a forum here when i got laid off from t5 a woman on here merely sniggered and mokingly said "ah,did you lose your job to a foreigner then,shame",it was alright for her as she still had a job of work to earn a living!,i see she is still posting on forums offering her advice to all and sundry. "

I find that it's often the people who complain about people of other nationalities who are working over here (perfectly legally) in the construction industry who thought nothing of working out in Germany during the 80's or taking contracts on construction and civil engineering projects in the middle east.

Did they decline those jobs on the principal that they were taking jobs away from the nationals of that country?

I doubt it.

Thats just the double edged sword of the free market I'm afraid - business is free to buy labour from whee ever it wishes at the lowest price the market will bear - and sometimes what goes around comes around.

By *lackMetalMan  over a year ago

Centre

I have to say that racism is something inside you and if you are racist, you are racist. From watching the video several times, she seemed high and due to her state, her inner self and thoughts came out. There are people out there, regular folk, who have the same outlook but it's all inside.

However, and this might confound some people, what this woman did is a wake-up call to the government and its tinkering policies which have pushed racial relations(and in some cases not so racial, perhaps economic: after all the Poles are white) to a perilous breaking point. The immigration policy over the last thirty years has not been great and EU policy has made things very dificult for most Brits.

I believe the woman was angry (and yes racist) but she was blaming the wrong party - the non-white people on the train. She should have laid her concerns fairly on the shoulders of the government and politicians of this country who are crippled by PC crap, pass stupid laws, reward lazy people with benefits and punish hardworking folk and those who want to work!!

If there is one thing everyone agrees on, racists and non-racists alike, it's that someone has to be done to put this country on the right track. Sound, common sense policies have to be passed, immigration needs to be tightened up (specific qualifications to fill jobs which have a shortage and English speakers). It's stupid to think a country can absorb everyone without expecting them to at least speak English and contribute to society (NI and socially) and with no cap.

So for me, I see this incident in both a negative light and dare, I say it, as a positive wake-up call!

Why fill your mind, which such horrid people?, I won't be watching it..."

awwww luuuurve simon's cat.

Leyburn

"I have to say that racism is something inside you and if you are racist, you are racist. From watching the video several times, she seemed high and due to her state, her inner self and thoughts came out. There are people out there, regular folk, who have the same outlook but it's all inside.

However, and this might confound some people, what this woman did is a wake-up call to the government and its tinkering policies which have pushed racial relations(and in some cases not so racial, perhaps economic: after all the Poles are white) to a perilous breaking point. The immigration policy over the last thirty years has not been great and EU policy has made things very dificult for most Brits.

I believe the woman was angry (and yes racist) but she was blaming the wrong party - the non-white people on the train. She should have laid her concerns fairly on the shoulders of the government and politicians of this country who are crippled by PC crap, pass stupid laws, reward lazy people with benefits and punish hardworking folk and those who want to work!!

If there is one thing everyone agrees on, racists and non-racists alike, it's that someone has to be done to put this country on the right track. Sound, common sense policies have to be passed, immigration needs to be tightened up (specific qualifications to fill jobs which have a shortage and English speakers). It's stupid to think a country can absorb everyone without expecting them to at least speak English and contribute to society (NI and socially) and with no cap.

So for me, I see this incident in both a negative light and dare, I say it, as a positive wake-up call!"

Very well said!

this is well said http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXb07qwyHnE&feature=related

Torquay

"

worcester is a lot closer to heathrow than eastern europe a i can get from home to work in 90 minutes!,can they say the same?."

They don't need to say the same....they are EU citizens....just like YOU.

You have a right to work all over the EU, just like they do....the difference being they could be arsed to make the major move abroad to get some work.

It wasn't that long ago that Germany was full of British bricklayers and plasterers when they were on their major rebuilding programme, never saw anyone moaning then when British workers were earning big money in Germany....

West Midlands

"

worcester is a lot closer to heathrow than eastern europe a i can get from home to work in 90 minutes!,can they say the same?.

You have a right to work all over the EU, just like they do....the difference being they could be arsed to make the major move abroad to get some work.

It wasn't that long ago that Germany was full of British bricklayers and plasterers when they were on their major rebuilding programme, never saw anyone moaning then when British workers were earning big money in Germany....

"

difference is that i am a british citizen born and bred in united kingdom and even as a skilled workerit is increasingly difficult to find work because of this influx.

and i dont suppose you have noticed because it does not affect your standard of living but no one is earning big money on uk construction sites because the influx of these mainly eastern european workers!,the rates of pay are plummeting fast!.

only today a friend of mine was over in western interface building and the place was full of rumanians working for £6 an hour less than what we were getting!.

thats why there are no jobs for our home grown british workers!,nothing to do with inability of uk workers to do the jobs just the cheap 'n' nasty labour available back in new year i suppose to correct their fuckups.

Torquay

"

difference is that i am a british citizen born and bred in united kingdom and even as a skilled workerit is increasingly difficult to find work because of this influx.

and i dont suppose you have noticed because it does not affect your standard of living but no one is earning big money on uk construction sites because the influx of these mainly eastern european workers!,the rates of pay are plummeting fast!.

only today a friend of mine was over in western interface building and the place was full of rumanians working for £6 an hour less than what we were getting!.

thats why there are no jobs for our home grown british workers!,nothing to do with inability of uk workers to do the jobs just the cheap 'n' nasty labour available back in new year i suppose to correct their fuckups."

Makes no difference about you being British born and bred....we are in the EU and as such we all enjoy the freedom to work and indeed live all over the EU.

Hundreds of thousands of Brits live in Spain and France, many of them working in these countries, they are enjoying their freedom to do so as much as the Polish builders working at Heathrow....and long may it continue.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"yep, pretty shocking

feel sorry for the kid "

sums it up for me really

West Midlands

"you don't say if the poles also lived locally"

well i don't really think they travelled home to poland every night do you?,the same as me they had to stay locally to get to work early every morning didn't they?.

West Midlands

".

makes no difference about you being British born and bred....we are in the EU and as such we all enjoy the freedom to work and indeed live all over the EU.

Hundreds of thousands of Brits live in Spain and France, many of them working in these countries, they are enjoying their freedom to do so as much as the Polish builders working at Heathrow....and long may it continue.

"

thank you for your tremendous insight into the problems affecting british workers ,i presume you are still earning a good living whilst de-crying others for wanting to work?.

Torquay

".

makes no difference about you being British born and bred....we are in the EU and as such we all enjoy the freedom to work and indeed live all over the EU.

thank you for your tremendous insight into the problems affecting british workers ,i presume you are still earning a good living whilst de-crying others for wanting to work?."

The truth can be hard to accept can't it?....you can moan about it as much as you like but the workers coming in from the EU are doing so legally and in the spirit and workings of the EU right to roam, live and work within the community.

And me?.....I left a very well paid and long career in pharmacy to start my own business....with my own hard earned money, and have employed several people in the process.

Not content with starting one business I then sold it to one of my staff....and opened another business at the end of the summer in the same trade.

But I'm a do'er rather than a moaner in life....I look for solutions to lifes problems rather than moan about the inevitable things.

West Midlands

".

thank you for your tremendous insight into the problems affecting british workers ,i presume you are still earning a good living whilst de-crying others for wanting to work?.

The truth can be hard to accept can't it?....you can moan about it as much as you like but the workers coming in from the EU are doing so legally and in the spirit and workings of the EU right to roam, live and work within the community.

And me?.....I left a very well paid and long career in pharmacy to start my own business....with my own hard earned money, and have employed several people in the process.

Not content with starting one business I then sold it to one of my staff....and opened another business at the end of the summer in the same trade.

But I'm a do'er rather than a moaner in life....I look for solutions to lifes problems rather than moan about the inevitable things.

"

just as i thought,your an "i'm all right jack and stuff you!".

West Midlands

".

"

just as i thought,your an "i'm all right jack and stuff you!".

Torquay

".

just as i thought,your an "i'm all right jack and stuff you!". "

No....I'm just someone who gets on with life instead of looking for excuses...

"

"

That is true, but at the time the German ecconomy was booming and the German lbour market was under going a shortage.

Britain's ecconomy is going through a slump and there are 2.6 million people out of work. Not only that, the fact that there are millions of eu workers in the country means that wages are lower now relative to the cost of living than the 1940's.

Britain was the only country to allow compete freedom of movement (I really fucking hate agreeing with the Tories) which was a huge mistake from the government.

I have supervised Poles, slovacs, portugese and somaians and none of them work harder than the english crews I looked after. They were usualy last on the floor and first off...... And they weren't cheaper, they earned the same and would have gotten the same payrises too (had there been any)

[Removed by poster at 30/11/11 19:34:34]

I've never understood this myth that British workers are bad, I have a great shift which are first in output and quality and last to get any recognition for this. I have Poles as well they're OK, but if I have a fault with them, they do tend to lack initiative.

"I've never understood this myth that British workers are bad, I have a great shift which are first in output and quality and last to get any recognition for this. I have Poles as well they're OK, but if I have a fault with them, they do tend to lack initiative.

"

It's a myth put about by 'management' (and I don't mean team leaders, I mean directors) to justify worsening pay and conditions and cover their own ineptitude.......

"you don't say if the poles also lived locally

well i don't really think they travelled home to poland every night do you?,the same as me they had to stay locally to get to work early every morning didn't they?. "

The vast majority of poles in london live in Ealing and Hammersmith. In the context of working and living in London they're virtually on Heathrow's doorstep .AKA local workers

» Add a new message to this topic