FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sex discrimination?

Sex discrimination?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I’ve never heard of a male bra fitter, had to wait in many a bravissimo and M&S waiting area and never have I seen a male bra fitter, is this the most blatant sex discrimination at work?

Women see male dr’s. For all sorts of thins, female buses have poked and prodded me and there’s no issue.

Surely a man is capable of being trained to offer advice given most spend all day thinking about boobs, personally I’m a bum man, but would women be shocked to see a male bra fitter these days? Just curious

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There are male bra fitters, actually.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

There's one in my local Debenhams

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I am genuinely surprised but also quite happy!

Though I’m not thinking about a career change just yet

What a gig!

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Although, as has been shown above, there are some OP - I would think it's more likely a case of it not being a job most men would actually seriously consider than one of men being discriminated against.

Whilst I'm sure there would be a raft of men who would go "Cor yeah, not half" if discussing it down the pub, they'd soon be found out and given short shrift if they actually applied

"Although, as has been shown above, there are some OP - I would think it's more likely a case of it not being a job most men would actually seriously consider than one of men being discriminated against.

Whilst I'm sure there would be a raft of men who would go "Cor yeah, not half" if discussing it down the pub, they'd soon be found out and given short shrift if they actually applied "

Be gone with your calm, sage, rational common sense you. This is Forum Land dontchya know.

Surely if you need an expert on tits then a bloke is the obvious choice, I’ve studied tits for years. I’ve got a City and Guilds in Tits.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"Although, as has been shown above, there are some OP - I would think it's more likely a case of it not being a job most men would actually seriously consider than one of men being discriminated against.

Whilst I'm sure there would be a raft of men who would go "Cor yeah, not half" if discussing it down the pub, they'd soon be found out and given short shrift if they actually applied

Be gone with your calm, sage, rational common sense you. This is Forum Land dontchya know. "

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I've been fitted by a man. My local Clinique counter is also staffed by a man.

You see, equality and feminism benefits men as well as women.

I used to be manager for ladies underwear section of a major retailer. Always used to make me chuckle when the manager was asked for. One woman just said "but you're a man!" when I appeared. No shit Sherlock.

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Surely if you need an expert on tits then a bloke is the obvious choice, I’ve studied tits for years. I’ve got a City and Guilds in Tits."

‘Tits’.

Cough

"Surely if you need an expert on tits then a bloke is the obvious choice, I’ve studied tits for years. I’ve got a City and Guilds in Tits.

‘Tits’.

Cough "

Bouncing Buddhas?

there is a positive plethora of "Indian" restauarants in a town very near to us - and not one single white waiter/waitress/bar person - the most blatant discrimination you will ever see - imagine if it was any "normal" business -it would, of course, need its quota of ethnicities to reflect the resident community - why not "Indian" restaurants - and I say "Indian" because 95% of them are not Indian !

"there is a positive plethora of "Indian" restauarants in a town very near to us - and not one single white waiter/waitress/bar person - the most blatant discrimination you will ever see - imagine if it was any "normal" business -it would, of course, need its quota of ethnicities to reflect the resident community - why not "Indian" restaurants - and I say "Indian" because 95% of them are not Indian !"

Is there the same problem with Chinese, Japanese?

If the people working in the Indian restaurant aren't Indian are they discriminating. Or are they not able to get white staff to work there? If a small business, and they are all individual small business, can't get a certain demographic to work for them are they exercising blatant discrimination? What's a "normal" business that has a quota of ethnicities? I ask because getting businesses to use quotas has not been very successful.

Doctors work under many regulations and therefore classrd as trustworthy.

A woman maybe less confident in trusting a bra fitter

I am the proud wearer of an M&S Bra Fitter badge.

I found it on the floor but I do have one. I wander around with it on, but no-ones asked me so far.....

"

"

No - plenty of white students working in these

[Removed by poster at 29/07/18 20:47:56]

"

No - plenty of white students working in these"

Good to know. Thank you. Is there a good gender split to fit with the thread title?

By *agermeisterMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Bra fitting is one of the few jobs where employers are not required by law to advertise for either male or female staff. Coal mining (when it existed) was another.

"

No - plenty of white students working in these

Good to know. Thank you. Is there a good gender split to fit with the thread title?

"

mainly young ladies to be fair - one or two men

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

If a guy sexually harassed all of the women at work, could the guys sue for sexual discrimination?

Cal

» Add a new message to this topic