FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Getting a shop refund

Getting a shop refund

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tu_b_man OP   Man  over a year ago

Nottingham

I bought a next camera from Argos to try. After carefully opening and trying I’ve decided not to keep it. It says on their receipt there’s a 30 day no hassle refund but for items unopened and unused.

I know I’ve broken this condition but I wondered if I had any way I could return the item now?

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Only if it's faulty or not fit for purpose I would have thought. Is it obvious that you've opened it?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You only bought it to try? Why do you not want it?

By *G LanaTV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

It is worth taking it back to Argos I have always foind them to be much more amenable to refunds than most other retailers. The worst that can happen is that you waste a little time trying.

By *cunthorpe123Couple  over a year ago

scunthorpe

I know it's a bit naughty but I've taken things back before and said there's a minor fault with them. Never had a problem with returns, Argos are usually really good

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Unlikely.

But you could try selling it on for a slight discount as it is a few days old.

By *tu_b_man OP   Man  over a year ago

Nottingham

So as it’s a camera I wanted to see what the clarity and coverage was like with it. Both have proven to not be great with where I want to put it so I wanted to get a refund on it.

The only time a shop needs to refund you on an item is if its faulty ... Lots of shops will refund if you've changed your mind as a good will gesture but consumer law states they only have to if said item is faulty

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

You have nothing to lose but a bit of time. Take it back and ask. If they say no then sell it on. You bought it and it's not faulty.

Next time borrow one.

It's definetly worth a try, nothing to loose and argos are pretty good about refunds,

Good luck OP

Ask the question worst thing can happen is no sorry

It's called secondhand argos for a reason, take it back and swap it for a lawnmower no bother.

"I bought a next camera from Argos to try. After carefully opening and trying I’ve decided not to keep it. It says on their receipt there’s a 30 day no hassle refund but for items unopened and unused.

I know I’ve broken this condition but I wondered if I had any way I could return the item now?

Thanks"

No you opened it to find out that's what invalidates it...... Damnit

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I never had a problem talking stuff back to Argos - the staff don't give a damn, they just refund when I say it's not what I wanted, and in my local Argos you can't really check stuff out before purchase, so it's like an online sale, I order online anyway, so it's probably covered by the online sales 14 day opt out.

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"So as it’s a camera I wanted to see what the clarity and coverage was like with it. Both have proven to not be great with where I want to put it so I wanted to get a refund on it."

Possibly you could have done more research on the product? I know my way around cameras and the terms clarity and coverage aren’t ones I’d use. Before you return it have you tried looking in the other end?

But seriously the camera you’ve bought .... are you looking on the screen at the back? You’ve looked at prints ? I’m assuming still camera ? May be able to give some advice if you want to PM

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Their returns policy online doesn't say unopened, just unused.

By *ovelickingpussy72Man  over a year ago

Near Skipton

I'v returned things to argos with no problems. At the end of the day you have nothing to lose by trying.

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

Advise on this.

I can tell you, you can return any item, any shop, anywhere with reciept within 14-31 days usually.

All you need to say is it is faulty, randomly goes faulty, cuts out, turns off etc.....

It goes back to returns department they test and then will reseal the product, unless any marks then it goes to graded site or rebuild.

You would be surprised how many people do this and how far company's go to reseal and make the products appear new.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Advise on this.

I can tell you, you can return any item, any shop, anywhere with reciept within 14-31 days usually.

All you need to say is it is faulty, randomly goes faulty, cuts out, turns off etc.....

It goes back to returns department they test and then will reseal the product, unless any marks then it goes to graded site or rebuild.

You would be surprised how many people do this and how far company's go to reseal and make the products appear new."

and we wonder why shops and business are struggling

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Advise on this.

You would be surprised how many people do this and how far company's go to reseal and make the products appear new.

and we wonder why shops and business are struggling "

That's because their monopoly has been monopolised by Amazon et al.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

P.S. I have a 'friend' who does this all the time. I don't like it. I tell him that HE and people like him are the reason the reason the rest of us pay more for stuff.

"Advise on this.

and we wonder why shops and business are struggling

That's because their monopoly has been monopolised by Amazon et al. "

And government is helping Amazon/online retailers by raising business rates and applying parking charges on high streets!

#fuckthegovernment! Killing small local businesses

» Add a new message to this topic