FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Slimming world..

Slimming world..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *sGivesWood OP   Woman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Are you doing it? Have you done it previously? Online, groups or on your own? What are your thoughts?

I like it because it's so flexible and fits in with my lifestyle.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ottie_84Woman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I used to do it, the only downside is it’s easy to fall off plan when you think one cheat day won’t hurt lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Giving it a go, I’ve done it previously though. Need to shift 3 stone

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I have yes, I found because you can eat more on it that I ate too much. I would much rather have WW as it is more controlled portion wise and you can have anything you like in moderation, which is more a lifestyle change which is what I need to keep weight off

By *ottie_84Woman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"I have yes, I found because you can eat more on it that I ate too much. I would much rather have WW as it is more controlled portion wise and you can have anything you like in moderation, which is more a lifestyle change which is what I need to keep weight off"

My sister did WW and lost just under 10st in 2yrs she’s maintained it off for 7yrs she proffered it to SW

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I tried WW but found the points system a bit of a struggle. With SW I don't have to count, just the odd bit of weighing.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Well done to all you ladies

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

Atkins diet just all protein no I’m not taking about baby gravy lol

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Atkins diet just all protein no I’m not taking about baby gravy lol "

I do it lost 4-5 stone total but have put some on due to knee injury and probably put more on due to post operation on leg... I will be going back once mobile enough to leave house

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I do it lost 4-5 stone total but have put some on due to knee injury and probably put more on due to post operation on leg... I will be going back once mobile enough to leave house"

I've done groups and online. Doing it myself this time. Hope you are OK soon x

The best diet is the one you can stick to.

Doesn't matter if it's keto, carnivore, vegan, fasting, slimming world, weight watchers etc.

As long as your in a calorie deficit, and you can stick to the diet, you'll lose weight.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"The best diet is the one you can stick to.

Doesn't matter if it's keto, carnivore, vegan, fasting, slimming world, weight watchers etc.

As long as your in a calorie deficit, and you can stick to the diet, you'll lose weight."

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I'm using an app from playstore called plan tracker. Great for points, syns etc.

By *s_macWoman  over a year ago

Traffic land

"The best diet is the one you can stick to.

As long as your in a calorie deficit, and you can stick to the diet, you'll lose weight."

The only one I’ve ever had any real success with is the heartbreak diet

By *edbath 5Man  over a year ago

london

"Giving it a go, I’ve done it previously though. Need to shift 3 stone "

Why, you look stunning

"I do it lost 4-5 stone total but have put some on due to knee injury and probably put more on due to post operation on leg... I will be going back once mobile enough to leave house

I've done groups and online. Doing it myself this time. Hope you are OK soon x"

Yeah am good I taken time off as due to balance and wearing brace was no point going sw.

I been eating crap while been recovering lol but will sort out an get back into sw

Love the meals and stuff

I hate diets, the term diet etc.. its about living a healthy lifestyle and it has to be a change for good, its not a temp fix. 90% of becoming healthy is changing your thinking on food and nutrition.

I have been obese my whole life, with my heaviest at 25 stone. I have finally changed my thinking and down to 13 stone. I just let my weight balance itself out now to how i eat and will always eat. It will get to the point where what i eat is the right amount of calories for what i burn at a healthy weight. Until then the excess weight means i burn more so its still coming off

"I'm using an app from playstore called plan tracker. Great for points, syns etc. "

Bet you commit some sins that it can't track

By *hisky and WineCouple  over a year ago

the vicinity of Betelgeuse

I did SW in 2012-13 and lost 7 stone quite easily. I didn’t bother with the groups, just got the books and used the inter web. I fell off the wagon a bit when my father died and put back on a couple of stone and now I calorie count which is working for me as I average everything out over a week so It doesn’t matter if I have a bit of a naughty weekends eating/drinking.

The only think that annoyed me about SW was the fact exercise wasn’t taken into account, you could do 2 hours of cardio a day but get no extra syns!

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

Doesn’t work for me. At my last attempt I only lost 15lbs in 10 months!

I switched to weight watchers which does work for me, losing slowly and steadily, about 1.5 lb per week and lost 2.5 stone and 3 clothes sizes so far

I've done it and still on it i did fall off the rail a few times but i am keep going after all i use to weight close to 24 stone where i weight at 15 stone and a bit but pick up a 1 stone due to person thing happening in the family now i weight 16 and a bit it does not get me down i know i can do it and get back on track to were i was and more

By *igJandTheBlondeCouple  over a year ago

Kings Hill

I did slimming world and lost 3 stone, I’ve almost been on permanent holiday this year and 10lbs back on but I rejoined and have already lost over half a stone, I’m having a break this week though due to birthday but still going to the gym so hoping that balances things out a bit! X

"I do it lost 4-5 stone total but have put some on due to knee injury and probably put more on due to post operation on leg... I will be going back once mobile enough to leave house"

No offence intended here. But recovering from an op isnt an excuse to go back to poor eating habits. Thats why you need to change your thinking, your lifestyle for good and not just see it as a "diet" that will end..

By *cunthorpe123Couple  over a year ago

scunthorpe

I did it a while ago and lost 4st. Stopped going and put all but 1.5st back on.

I'm going again now and I'm close to getting my 2.5st award so I'll be back to 4st loss.

I love it, it really works if you stick to it properly x

By *ust4fun26Couple  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

"I have yes, I found because you can eat more on it that I ate too much. I would much rather have WW as it is more controlled portion wise and you can have anything you like in moderation, which is more a lifestyle change which is what I need to keep weight off"

I stopped WW when they brought in the new flex, it makes it too much like SW with all the free foods and my problem is portion control not what I eat so telling me I can have unlimited quantities of something is more like a challenge than a plan for me.

By *hisky and WineCouple  over a year ago

the vicinity of Betelgeuse

"I've done it and still on it i did fall off the rail a few times but i am keep going after all i use to weight close to 24 stone where i weight at 15 stone and a bit but pick up a 1 stone due to person thing happening in the family now i weight 16 and a bit it does not get me down i know i can do it and get back on track to were i was and more "

Well done! I went from 22st down to 15st on slimming work then back up to 17st when I fell off the wagon, I’m now back down to 15 but want to go further this time and see if I can get rid of the rest of my gut!

"I did it a while ago and lost 4st. Stopped going and put all but 1.5st back on.

I'm going again now and I'm close to getting my 2.5st award so I'll be back to 4st loss.

I love it, it really works if you stick to it properly x"

This is an example if why i hate diets. They cant be temporary. The way sw educates you to eat is how you need to eat for life. Its a change for life. You have to accept eating healthy is the best way, the only way, take away the mentality if having a "treat" its not a treat, its the enemy

No food tastes as good as being slim feels

They always baffle me how foods can be free? Like unlimited amounts? If you’re doing WW/SW it normally means you’re unhappy with how you look or feel, sometimes it’s down to portion control or control in general, last thing to do is give unlimited of anything surely.

I track Calories and Macros, tweak them as desired, seems to work for me but everyone is different

"I've done it and still on it i did fall off the rail a few times but i am keep going after all i use to weight close to 24 stone where i weight at 15 stone and a bit but pick up a 1 stone due to person thing happening in the family now i weight 16 and a bit it does not get me down i know i can do it and get back on track to were i was and more

Well done! I went from 22st down to 15st on slimming work then back up to 17st when I fell off the wagon, I’m now back down to 15 but want to go further this time and see if I can get rid of the rest of my gut! "

well done to you too but the only way is to lose the gut i think is sit up to tight the tummy muscles

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I'm seeing it as more of a lifestyle change.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

[Removed by poster at 24/07/18 11:55:57]

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

And it's not expensive or low in carbs either.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Well after getting weighed 2 weeks ago I was just over 110 kg for a 6ft 2 man. This is overweight and I have a belly. I got slated with lads when abroad in russia for being a fat bastard

Up to about 18 months ago I was down to 90kg. I have started back at the gym lost just about a kg so far but I think my body is in shock still

I have started going to the gym three times a week doing 40 mins of cardio. I have stopped drinking full fat drinks, and cut out sweets and crisps. Also cutting out deep fried Chinese ( I do miss my crispy chilli chicken and beef)

I will be honest eating for me is a comfort or to release boredom.

"I'm seeing it as more of a lifestyle change. "

This is the right attitude. You are gonna do well.. i love food for the nutrition it gives me, i get excited by the mix of different nutritions the food have. How it is making me healthy. I see fat and sugar as the enemy now as it is destroying my body.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I'm seeing it as more of a lifestyle change.

This is the right attitude. You are gonna do well.. i love food for the nutrition it gives me, i get excited by the mix of different nutritions the food have. How it is making me healthy. I see fat and sugar as the enemy now as it is destroying my body. "

I'm going to the cinema tonight. Not having craks, going to take some pepper sticks and fruit instead x

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

This is the right attitude. You are gonna do well.. i love food for the nutrition it gives me, i get excited by the mix of different nutritions the food have. How it is making me healthy. I see fat and sugar as the enemy now as it is destroying my body. "

My mum and brother are both diabetic now, I'm clear of it when I was tested and don't want to get it for the sake of a few minor lifestyle changes.

This is the right attitude. You are gonna do well.. i love food for the nutrition it gives me, i get excited by the mix of different nutritions the food have. How it is making me healthy. I see fat and sugar as the enemy now as it is destroying my body.

I'm going to the cinema tonight. Not having craks, going to take some pepper sticks and fruit instead x"

Ooo whats a pepper stick?

"Are you doing it? Have you done it previously? Online, groups or on your own? What are your thoughts?

I like it because it's so flexible and fits in with my lifestyle. "

surely it should be called Swinging World then

My mum and brother are both diabetic now, I'm clear of it when I was tested and don't want to get it for the sake of a few minor lifestyle changes. "

Thats exactly why sugar and fat are the enemy. You now type 2 diabetes is only caused by a continuous poor diet.. nothing else

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I'm going to the cinema tonight. Not having craks, going to take some pepper sticks and fruit instead x

Ooo whats a pepper stick?"

sliced red green and yellow peppers lol

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

My mum and brother are both diabetic now, I'm clear of it when I was tested and don't want to get it for the sake of a few minor lifestyle changes.

Thats exactly why sugar and fat are the enemy. You now type 2 diabetes is only caused by a continuous poor diet.. nothing else"

Yes I do and that's what they both have hence my changes. X

Ooo whats a pepper stick?sliced red green and yellow peppers lol"

Oooh haha i was thinking pepper as in salt and pepper doh! Lol

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Ooo whats a pepper stick?sliced red green and yellow peppers lol

Oooh haha i was thinking pepper as in salt and pepper doh! Lol"

lol

Just count your calories. Make sure you are in a deficit. It's that simple.

Slimming world say that things like pasta and photo are free. But if you do not portion control you will just end up eating more calories.

It's all about portion and calorie control. You don't need anyone else to tell you what to do.

Slimming world is not a magic pill that will make you lose weight.

By *icassolifelikeMan  over a year ago

Luton

Don’t eat as much. Usually works.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Some great comments here x

I don't find it that easy tbh and seems like as soon as you stop doing it the weight goes back on. The only way that works for me is to calorie count. I'm at target weight now and I no longer track everything I eat because I don't need to. I'm in the habit now of making healthy choices. The only time I use my app now is when I give myself a treat day/ weekend so that I know how much I've over indulged. I'll then rein it in for a while and be extra vigilant with what I eat. For me that's the most flexible way to lose and maintain. SW works well for others I know though so it's all about finding what suits you. I basically don't see why anyone else should profit from my laziness as that's the only reason I was fat in the first place.

By *harliebbwWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Sw when you on it it is great

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Good friend suggested to me eat things like Cous cous as a carb because it’s low in calories.

For me salads can get boring, so try to mix it up a bit.

I try to mix rice, wholewheat pasta and cous cous.

There are 4 calories per 1 gram of protein and carbohydrates. And 9 calories per 1 gram of fat.

So it's easy to work out.

Calorie counting is by far the way to go.

A massive plate or FREE food on slimming world is still a massive plate of food.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"There are 4 calories per 1 gram of protein and carbohydrates. And 9 calories per 1 gram of fat.

So it's easy to work out.

Calorie counting is by far the way to go.

A massive plate or FREE food on slimming world is still a massive plate of food. "

Depends what the food is.

» Add a new message to this topic