FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ink cartridges

Ink cartridges

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Having just forked out the best part of £40 for some new inks was wondering if the the cheaper alternatives on ebay are safe enough to use..

Fancied printing off some personalized Xmas cards this year and thought cheap ink might keep expense down, but if its gonna bugger my printer up/be poor quality ink i dont think i'll bother

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

google the cartridge number and you will get cheaper alternatives

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you're talking about those refills kits, they're OK but do it over the sink otherwise you could have a right bloody mess.

sometimes its cheaper to buy a new printer than new cartridges

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Bloody dear christmas cards lol

By *ighly ProfessionalMan  over a year ago

peterborough

I use ijd never had any problems with them and boy saved a packet. You may even save enough to book that hotel for the two of us.

"Having just forked out the best part of £40 for some new inks was wondering if the the cheaper alternatives on ebay are safe enough to use..

Fancied printing off some personalized Xmas cards this year and thought cheap ink might keep expense down, but if its gonna bugger my printer up/be poor quality ink i dont think i'll bother"

I have Hp printer which i use for all my crafting needs. yes the cartridges cost me 15.00 each i need 2 BUT i wouldnt have fake ink

it changes the effects on the printing and the work i do and spoils the over all effect

just becarful

feel free to pm me and if i can sugguest any other ways i can x

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

The Tescos ones are pretty good...we also tried an online firm..quite a big compant too, but they didnt last very long, and I had to send the first lot back because the colour cartridge didnt work

"If you're talking about those refills kits, they're OK but do it over the sink otherwise you could have a right bloody mess.

"

Yes they can make a mess of your hands too, but bare in mind if you do it over the sink don't lose the needle park down the plughole like i did, makes it a bugger to refill without it.

Amazon do good deals on ink

Or have em refilled at cartridge world xx

Personally, I always use either Cartridge World in the high street or the likes of play or 7dayshop.

I get 'copy' cartridges but as they are established sellers they have a reputation to keep and never had a problem.

Steve

I buy them off ebay, el cheapo. Sometime the printer refuses to accept them but I swipe the chip bit off the 'dedicated' cartridges then fire the fake one in fast!

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

I have used cheap cartridges for years. If you are going to print photos the cheap cartridges are not quite as good. For all other printing you won't really notice the difference.

» Add a new message to this topic