FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > First message

First message

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *edmark07 OP   Man  over a year ago

liverpool

Do you think the site might be better if only the girls could send a first msg. Guys could wink in way of showing interest but the ladies are the ones who initiate the contact. Just a little thought

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Do you think the site might be better if only the girls could send a first msg. Guys could wink in way of showing interest but the ladies are the ones who initiate the contact. Just a little thought "

Where do couples come into this?

What about guys messaging guys?

"Do you think the site might be better if only the girls could send a first msg. Guys could wink in way of showing interest but the ladies are the ones who initiate the contact. Just a little thought "

Then us guys might as well go on other sites

No

Some ladies already send the first message

By *allisto2000Woman  over a year ago

Stafford ish

No

"Some ladies already send the first message "

Or wink

Which I usually wink back

With the number of men to women on here I think it would piss a lot of men off lol. Surely there simply wouldn’t be enough women to message every guy??

I don't send messages I only receive them once in a while

#youknowwhoyouare

No

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Why do so many on here feel the need to change fab into something that reflects their own preconceptions or prejudices.

I find it works fine just the way it is.

If it doesn't work for you OP you have two choices.

I'm sure you can work them out on your own

liverpool

And your the kind of guy that still washes dishes, has a corded hoover and a non steam iron. I'm sure you can work out what I'm saying

"And your the kind of guy that still washes dishes, has a corded hoover and a non steam iron. I'm sure you can work out what I'm saying "

Oh dear

Reactionary is probably not the way to go

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

But surely sometimes the magic is in the first message. There must be occations were a man's first message tottaly trumps their overlooked profile? Think of the missed opportunities and possible relationships that may never of happened?

No loads of women and couples by that i mean the female half first message i was having a great chat just last night because of this

So its fine as it is granted some guy first messages are plain wierd

But in general it works fine as it is thanks for your concern tho op infact all but the last 2 meets were down to women messaging me first

you'd never hear from anyone my friend, you quite often don't hear from women who like you, having the opportunity to show your personality is your chance, you surely don't want to give that away?

I'd love for the site to try it as an experiment for a week.

Coventry

"Do you think the site might be better if only the girls could send a first msg. Guys could wink in way of showing interest but the ladies are the ones who initiate the contact. Just a little thought

I'd love for the site to try it as an experiment for a week. "

Would the site not lose most of its revenue by the end of the week?

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"And your the kind of guy that still washes dishes, has a corded hoover and a non steam iron. I'm sure you can work out what I'm saying "

We wash up and have a corded hoover ...what we aren't prepared to do is spend time checking every profile that sends us a wink as we wouldn't get any washing up or hoovering done....and yes we do have a steam iron.

By *entish79Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

No. I’ve messaged people and ended up meeting as a result. If I hadn’t been able to, I’d have met no-one. Seems a no brainier to me.

"Do you think the site might be better if only the girls could send a first msg. Guys could wink in way of showing interest but the ladies are the ones who initiate the contact. Just a little thought

Would the site not lose most of its revenue by the end of the week? "

What revenue? The site is free to use.

liverpool

Some great points tbh particularly about a msg grabbing someone's attention when they might otherwise have passed you by.

By *rown Eyed SubWoman  over a year ago

North Lanarkshire

"Some ladies already send the first message "

exactly! if i like what a see i send a msg. i know what i want & usually get it

"And your the kind of guy that still washes dishes, has a corded hoover and a non steam iron. I'm sure you can work out what I'm saying

We wash up and have a corded hoover ...what we aren't prepared to do is spend time checking every profile that sends us a wink as we wouldn't get any washing up or hoovering done....and yes we do have a steam iron."

There is an argument for some guys not being able to start threads for their own good.

That is a ridiculous idea.

"That is a ridiculous idea. "
don't mince your words

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple  over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

There's nothing stopping you from doing this.

Tumble emoji wanted here

Meanwhile in fabland for a lot of others.... Party emoji

Coventry

What revenue? The site is free to use. "

Many users are silver or gold. The site may not be for profit spinning but I'm sure it does run on fresh air, it has costs.

What revenue? The site is free to use.

Many users are silver or gold. The site may not be for profit spinning but I'm sure it does run on fresh air, it has costs."

Lots use it for free.

I'd estimate the ones with pics are supporters and the ones just looking aren't.

I've messaged 2 people on here but not to chat, to comment on things from the forums. I honestly would chat to anyone if this happened. I wouldn't have a clue what to say to someone in an opening message

» Add a new message to this topic