FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Should I be worried?

Should I be worried?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *reakShow90 OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester/halifax

Hi there peeps a bit of an odd one but I am a little worryed about me training some one in my job to cover my days off the whole student surpasses the master kinda thing and there for making it easy for me to be pushed out for some one who can always be there and not have the days off that I do

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Remember what happened with obiwan Kenobi

Manchester/halifax

"Remember what happened with obiwan Kenobi "

Your going to hate me but I have never fully seen any of the star wars films

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That's the dangers of taking the days off.

Your task is to make you appear indispensable when you're there.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm used to working in an environment where people can cover each other as far as possible. It's efficient working practice and means that if someone is off sick or wants a day off the job still gets done if needs be.

Do you feel your job might be at risk anyway?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I meant to say that I don't think you should be worried.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

"Remember what happened with obiwan Kenobi

Your going to hate me but I have never fully seen any of the star wars films "

don't... it'll only worry you more

Manchester/halifax

"That's the dangers of taking the days off.

Your task is to make you appear indispensable when you're there. "

Well I could just keep my cards close to my chest and the only reason I off is a work another job

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well I could just keep my cards close to my chest and the only reason I off is a work another job"

Sorry, but I got no sympathy for you then. Taking time off from one job to go and do another? What's the point in that?

Manchester/halifax

"I'm used to working in an environment where people can cover each other as far as possible. It's efficient working practice and means that if someone is off sick or wants a day off the job still gets done if needs be.

Do you feel your job might be at risk anyway?"

Yeah I am just hoping it is only for my days off I will be teaching the trainee the basic things but keep a few tricks up my sleeve

Manchester/halifax

Well I could just keep my cards close to my chest and the only reason I off is a work another job

Sorry, but I got no sympathy for you then. Taking time off from one job to go and do another? What's the point in that? "

Well one is just to pay bills and rent and such the other I am slowly trying to make a name for my self but need the other job.to fund it atm until I am on my feet

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Well I could just keep my cards close to my chest and the only reason I off is a work another job"

That's not fair on the person you're training. I've experienced that before. The person training me was insecure anout their abilities and didn't show me properly. Take the mature attitude, show the person how to do the job well and you can take time off knowing you won't go back to a pile of work.

Manchester/halifax

That's not fair on the person you're training. I've experienced that before. The person training me was insecure anout their abilities and didn't show me properly. Take the mature attitude, show the person how to do the job well and you can take time off knowing you won't go back to a pile of work."

I know its not and I am trying to look on the bright side as I do trust the guys I work with and I am pretty sure they would not want to mess my chances up at starting my own business also the trainee is very helpful and tbh a fast learner great with customers and does a lot of IT for us

Forum Mod

East Sussex

That's not fair on the person you're training. I've experienced that before. The person training me was insecure anout their abilities and didn't show me properly. Take the mature attitude, show the person how to do the job well and you can take time off knowing you won't go back to a pile of work.

I know its not and I am trying to look on the bright side as I do trust the guys I work with and I am pretty sure they would not want to mess my chances up at starting my own business also the trainee is very helpful and tbh a fast learner great with customers and does a lot of IT for us "

You seem to want the security of this job while planning to leave them for your own business. While you don't want them to have the security of someone to replace you once you're gone. You can't have it both ways.

Be careful who you tread on on the way up the ladder, you always meet them on the way back down.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"

Your task is to make you appear indispensable when you're there. "

You'll never be promoted if you think you are indispensable

Manchester/halifax

I know its not and I am trying to look on the bright side as I do trust the guys I work with and I am pretty sure they would not want to mess my chances up at starting my own business also the trainee is very helpful and tbh a fast learner great with customers and does a lot of IT for us

You seem to want the security of this job while planning to leave them for your own business. While you don't want them to have the security of someone to replace you once you're gone. You can't have it both ways.

Be careful who you tread on on the way up the ladder, you always meet them on the way back down."

Oh trust me I would not be one them that walks.over others to get that little bit higher seen it happen way to meny times before I think I am.just going to have to see how it goes

» Add a new message to this topic