FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Wasps

Wasps

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone want help with advice on wasps . Just ask . Pest control officer here , local ? I'll do them

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not even seen one this year

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Is it true that wasps sting for the fuck of it and bees only do it as a last resort? Or has the wasp gained an unfair reputation over the years?

"Not even seen one this year "

Now you mention it, I've not seen any. Usually we get them in our house frequently. Is it the unseasonably dry period at work?

"Is it true that wasps sting for the fuck of it and bees only do it as a last resort? Or has the wasp gained an unfair reputation over the years? "

I know they attack multiple times, the bastards. I had one trapped between my back and the car seat once while driving. The fucker got me a dozen times before I could get to the hard shoulder and remove it.

"Not even seen one this year

Now you mention it, I've not seen any. Usually we get them in our house frequently. Is it the unseasonably dry period at work? "

The little yellow stripy bastards are al in hiding planning to take over the world, You heard it hear 1st people

Hornets supporter here... anything you can do to enhance their performance?

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"Is it true that wasps sting for the fuck of it and bees only do it as a last resort? Or has the wasp gained an unfair reputation over the years?

I know they attack multiple times, the bastards. I had one trapped between my back and the car seat once while driving. The fucker got me a dozen times before I could get to the hard shoulder and remove it. "

Yea but it probably thought you were trying to squish it!

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Where have the wasps gone?. Two years in a row they have not been seen. Loads of those daft bluebottles about but not a wasp in sight.

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Anyone want help with advice on wasps . Just ask . Pest control officer here , local ? I'll do them "

What's their favourite cheese?

By *riefcase_WankerMan  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Surely we could genetically eradicate them and make the world a better place? They aren't useful like bees, they're just angry stinging little bastards.

I mean, it's not like changing the dynamic of an ecosystem has ever had negative consequences in the past...

Love wasps.

Phenomenal predators. If you have a wasp nest in your garden or allotment you won’t have any problems with aphids.

And anything that has a scooter named after them has to be cool.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I don't mind not seeing any. I'm allergic to wasp stings, but not bees. I love fluffy buzzy wasps.

thank God that's there are no wasps about I'm terrified of them after falling into a nest and being stung multiple times when I was 7

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"Anyone want help with advice on wasps . Just ask . Pest control officer here , local ? I'll do them "

Mind telling me how to get rid of them?

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"Is it true that wasps sting for the fuck of it and bees only do it as a last resort? Or has the wasp gained an unfair reputation over the years? "

I think a bee can sting once and then it dies, whereas as a wasp doesn't.

Which might explain things.

My rule is that anything with stripes on it can sting and is to be avoided.

I saw a wasp yesterday but must admit it's one of the first I've seen this year.

There was a hornet in someone's cider the other night though.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"Anyone want help with advice on wasps . Just ask . Pest control officer here , local ? I'll do them

Mind telling me how to get rid of them? "

Shout at them.

I think from an evolutionary stand point that wasps have definitely got one over on bees.

Wasps- I feel threatened so I will inject some poison in you. I still have lots left if you remain a threat.

Bees - I feel threatened so I will leave my bum attached to you while I fly off and die!

All wasps except the fertilised queens die in winter.

Wasp stings contain a pheromone that causes other wasps in the immediate area to become aggressive. They do an excellent job of keeping other pests in the garden at bay though.

Haven't seen many wasps around or butterflies, sorry I didn't give advice on your problem but where are the butterflies?

I'm in western Hungary at the moment and two days ago a hornet the size of a £2 coin landed on my hand. Can you help??

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"I'm in western Hungary at the moment and two days ago a hornet the size of a £2 coin landed on my hand. Can you help??"

Is it still there?

"I'm in western Hungary at the moment and two days ago a hornet the size of a £2 coin landed on my hand. Can you help??

Is it still there?"

No, but it could come back.

Wasps and hornets in this country are no joke.

"Haven't seen many wasps around or butterflies, sorry I didn't give advice on your problem but where are the butterflies? "

In my garden! And the bees! My garden is planted to encourage butterflies and bees. Was sat out Sunday and about 30 butterflies were our there. Yesterday I pulled on my drive and my lavender was covered in bees. The wasps are staying away.

Went out for a meal in Birmingham last week though and got invaded by wasps

"Haven't seen many wasps around or butterflies, sorry I didn't give advice on your problem but where are the butterflies?

In my garden! And the bees! My garden is planted to encourage butterflies and bees. Was sat out Sunday and about 30 butterflies were our there. Yesterday I pulled on my drive and my lavender was covered in bees. The wasps are staying away.

Went out for a meal in Birmingham last week though and got invaded by wasps "

They were lying in wait for your return to the motherland.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Haven't seen many wasps around or butterflies, sorry I didn't give advice on your problem but where are the butterflies? "
Shitloads of Butterflies round my way . Lovely to see . I am concerned about the amount of dead Bees I'm seeing just on paths . Concerning

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

Leave them alone and they'll do you no harm.. they're a vital part of the eco system..

Adult wasps feed on nectar (same as bees) so they do pollinate plants etc, the adult wasps are voracious predators and feed a lot of pests to the wasp grubs.. like bees threy see things differently to us (ultraviolet I think) and as we often wear perfumes that smell like flowers they're attracted to us.. stand still don't flail your arms about and they'll figure out you're not a food source pretty quickly ... if I started falling my arms at you in the street you'd take defensive action as well.

Wasp venom is less potent than bee venom but can be used multiple times ..bee venom is stronger but often the sting separates from the body(resulting in the death of the bee) and it continues to pump venom in..

Leave them bee they'll leave you bee..(see what I did there)

We have hornets

I had one chase me around the School playground yesterday. Tried to remain calm and nonchalant as it buzzed me so as not to look a twat in front of the other parents

"Haven't seen many wasps around or butterflies, sorry I didn't give advice on your problem but where are the butterflies?

Went out for a meal in Birmingham last week though and got invaded by wasps

They were lying in wait for your return to the motherland. "

I know maybe they were trying to tell me to stay away

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Where have the wasps gone?. Two years in a row they have not been seen. Loads of those daft bluebottles about but not a wasp in sight."
all on holiday over here in Spain loads of the stripy bastards

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Where have the wasps gone?. Two years in a row they have not been seen. Loads of those daft bluebottles about but not a wasp in sight.all on holiday over here in Spain loads of the stripy bastards"

Are they the ones that look like a T when they fly?

By *electableDalliancesCouple  over a year ago

leeds

Saw a study where they found wasp venom has cancer cell killing properties, so maybe they have a use after all

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Got some terrible hornets .at least twice the size of your average wasp .

» Add a new message to this topic