FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Headphones at work

Headphones at work

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

what is your take on this? If your working in a team.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

We don’t have phones at work we use Skype for telephony. So everyone has headphones.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Haha that would send a love message

I think it depends on the environment and the reason.

I was in an open plan office which could get quite loud at times. One of the woman I worked with used to put in earphones if she had reports to write as she found it hard to concentrate with all the conversations going on; I personally did not have an issue with that.

I think though, if someone has them in all day, it can cause communication issues.

By *ransGuyTV/TS  over a year ago

Cardiff

If I couldn't listen to music at work I would have gone nuts long ago.

Sometimes the office can be silent apart from the tapping of keys or clicking of mice, it does your head in after a while! Or it can be so loud with different conversations it can be overwhelming!

So I listen to music to try and make it bearable.

I use them everyday.......to drown out the noise of 4 different 'singing voices' that compete with the radio simultaneously

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

"I think it depends on the environment and the reason.

I was in an open plan office which could get quite loud at times. One of the woman I worked with used to put in earphones if she had reports to write as she found it hard to concentrate with all the conversations going on; I personally did not have an issue with that.

I think though, if someone has them in all day, it can cause communication issues.

"

I used to work with a woman who put ear defenders on.

Personally, I think they should be banned. Most people play their music too loud, so others can hear it. Also all the environment I have worked in, you need to hear what's going on around you.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I'm in an open plan office and of I have stuff to do, I'll sometimes wear them so I can concentrate. With loud conversations, service users popping in to say hello, and phones ringing it can be quite chaotic. Others do too, but we don't wear them all the time.

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

visiting the beach

Entirely dependent on the work being done, the nature of the environment and the culture of the organisation.

I mostly work from home, but when I go in to the office most of our development engineers have them on/In.

Thread jump. We are not meant to at work, but get away with it till the boss comes walking around. Been told just take them out. I'll buy some wireless ones so I can wear one at a time.

What's the rules on those bone type ones that don't actually go in or cover the ears?

By *he Little Fuck MachineMan  over a year ago

Co.Antrim

When I was a Chef we listened to music before and after service started it they days we were in to to deep cleaning etc When I was self employed I always had my headphones in but most jobs I’ve either not been allowed or it hasn’t been safe or practical.

» Add a new message to this topic