FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Relationships

Relationships

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *appytrailman OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester

When I split up with my last girlfriend 7 years ago I was at a mates the following weekend and saw him on Fab so I joined up thinking what's the worst that could happen a as I was single and well you know what a 21 year old is like!

Since then though I have had no interest in finding a relationship although I have had plenty of chances, has anyone else ever gone through the same?

Sometimes I miss the feeling of being in a relationship and how you are with the other half but I think I prefer the speaking to people on here...when I get a message back haha!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Maybe you just like being single. Less hassle.

By *appytrailman OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester

"Maybe you just like being single. Less hassle. "

Maybe so, I'm not complaining I do like being single I was just Wondering if swinging has put people off relationship's

"Maybe you just like being single. Less hassle.

Maybe so, I'm not complaining I do like being single I was just Wondering if swinging has put people off relationship's "

Find a regular friends with benefits all the fun just no complications or drama

Nah

I would like a relationship. But sadly they come about through mutual consensus. Fucking pumpernickel bumshits.

Ime men on fab don't want a relationship, or at least a monogamous one. However many messages I get saying they want the same as me, really they want fwb, the sex without any commitment. Which is fair enough, but I wonder if what fab offers, which seems to be exactly what men want on a superficial level, actually discourages them from anything more serious.

Which is great for them, but seems to me to add weight to the Madonna / whore thing. I've been given huge ego boosts on fab but I've also never been treated so badly in real life by men as I am here.

And when you ask, well, why the fuck are you here? I'm grappling with my sex drive, it makes me do stupid things when I'm horny. Once I've managed that, I'll leave.

"Ime men on fab don't want a relationship, or at least a monogamous one. However many messages I get saying they want the same as me, really they want fwb, the sex without any commitment. Which is fair enough, but I wonder if what fab offers, which seems to be exactly what men want on a superficial level, actually discourages them from anything more serious.

Which is great for them, but seems to me to add weight to the Madonna / whore thing. I've been given huge ego boosts on fab but I've also never been treated so badly in real life by men as I am here.

And when you ask, well, why the fuck are you here? I'm grappling with my sex drive, it makes me do stupid things when I'm horny. Once I've managed that, I'll leave."

Agree about the Madonna/ whore thing.

By *el1977Man  over a year ago

leeds

I’ve been toying with this recently as have just split from a long term partner also had failed marriage. Was thinking I’m not built for relationships as get bored with the day to day mundanity.

But then thought what about meeting someone that I had a connection with and cared for that was also into the scene. And could experience that fun together as do like a lot of parts of relationships but as I say get bored.

However not many places apart from fab that I can think of this search as ultimately it’s a sex site.....

By *am434Man  over a year ago

North tyneside

"Ime men on fab don't want a relationship, or at least a monogamous one. However many messages I get saying they want the same as me, really they want fwb, the sex without any commitment. Which is fair enough, but I wonder if what fab offers, which seems to be exactly what men want on a superficial level, actually discourages them from anything more serious.

I’m relating a lot to this and like your way of thinking.

And when you ask, well, why the fuck are you here? I'm grappling with my sex drive, it makes me do stupid things when I'm horny. Once I've managed that, I'll leave."

I just can’t be arsed, yes I would love to find someone however I won’t settle for second best and they will need to adjust to my life etc and to be honest not sure if he’s out there or maybe I’m being more fussy the longer I’m single.

And when you ask, well, why the fuck are you here? I'm grappling with my sex drive, it makes me do stupid things when I'm horny. Once I've managed that, I'll leave.

Agree about the Madonna/ whore thing. "

I don't get this at all. It strikes me as sexist to women and neurotic about the guy's own sexual allure. I wonder if it's more a younger man thing? I'm quite comfortable with the fact that I'm sexy. Sure there are sexier... and there are less sexy. But also being sexy is a tango type thing. If I'm not feeling so sexy it's likely there just isn't so much chemistry between us. And as for needing women to either be a Saint or a whore?!? I love the complex mix of what women really are... bits of both and other things too. That's what I find deeply attractive about women... the reality of their full feminine presence... not some cardboard cut out version of it

In response to your question though op... after emerging from a long term relationship I'm more than happy to make new friendships... and they may eventually lead to another long term relationship... but I am really enjoying being single so I'm not in any rush. Hence why I'm on here

Agree about the Madonna/ whore thing.

I don't get this at all. It strikes me as sexist to women and neurotic about the guy's own sexual allure. I wonder if it's more a younger man thing? I'm quite comfortable with the fact that I'm sexy. Sure there are sexier... and there are less sexy. But also being sexy is a tango type thing. If I'm not feeling so sexy it's likely there just isn't so much chemistry between us. And as for needing women to either be a Saint or a whore?!? I love the complex mix of what women really are... bits of both and other things too. That's what I find deeply attractive about women... the reality of their full feminine presence... not some cardboard cut out version of it "

The men I know are 40's range. Not young 'uns.

By *winger212Woman  over a year ago

Live in spain

I've been actively seeking a relationship a few years. I've only known of fab a few months and majority of my time was watching man with men.

The last 2 guys I sleep with from dating both sent me screenshot of my fab profile knowing it was me - the nips are a kinda giveaway,...... Both times each not knowing we were on this but I 100% now understand their behavior.... All mad for you before and during fun but then it's like - don't talk to me, of ya go!!;!!

You never know when relationships will happen. Sometimes though people subconsciously put up barriers to them by looking for the impossible.

I wonder if, for women, having a super sexy guy for a one night stand or an nsa sex setup is a bit like renting an apartment in an otherwise super expensive neighbourhood... you can't actually afford to stay there, it's an unrealistic dream, but for now you can pretend you belong there... and if tomorrow is the same then you're tempted to just stay with that for as long as you can before you have to settle for the kind of guy you'd actually get if you weren't just offering sex.

I wonder if this is corroding the situation for both genders... with women confused as to why they can hit well above their league on a sex site but disappointed with what they get through dating.

Am I just blurting out Tuesday evening dribble or is there anything in any of this?

"I wonder if, for women, having a super sexy guy for a one night stand or an nsa sex setup is a bit like renting an apartment in an otherwise super expensive neighbourhood... you can't actually afford to stay there, it's an unrealistic dream, but for now you can pretend you belong there... and if tomorrow is the same then you're tempted to just stay with that for as long as you can before you have to settle for the kind of guy you'd actually get if you weren't just offering sex.

I wonder if this is corroding the situation for both genders... with women confused as to why they can hit well above their league on a sex site but disappointed with what they get through dating.

Am I just blurting out Tuesday evening dribble or is there anything in any of this? "

Dribble. That doesn’t resonate for me at all.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I wonder if, for women, having a super sexy guy for a one night stand or an nsa sex setup is a bit like renting an apartment in an otherwise super expensive neighbourhood... you can't actually afford to stay there, it's an unrealistic dream, but for now you can pretend you belong there... and if tomorrow is the same then you're tempted to just stay with that for as long as you can before you have to settle for the kind of guy you'd actually get if you weren't just offering sex.

Am I just blurting out Tuesday evening dribble or is there anything in any of this? "

That assumes that women just go for looks and sex in any relationship. Maybe they do and my view is coloured by being in a 38 year relationship based on a whole lot more than that. Possibly people like us are the exception rather than the rule and most women really are looking to rent rather than buy.

By *el1977Man  over a year ago

leeds

Obviously you’re entitled to your own opinion as it’s probably from your experience on here and for the majority it’s peobably true ..... but there are some of us that want more... but strangely get ridiculed for it!

Am I just blurting out Tuesday evening dribble or is there anything in any of this?

Dribble. That doesn’t resonate for me at all."

I just think with a few well selected pics, no profile text, and a mildly flirtatious messaging demeanour women of pretty much any league can entice a super hot guy out on a date... especially if it's just for sex. I just wonder if this new found power is creating a problem of unrealistic expectations on the female side, a mirage of something amazing so nearly attainable that the "average" guys just can't compete.

It does sound like bullshit though as, even if it seems logically sound, it doesn't marry up with the female feedback that online dating also connects them with utter nutters So I'll defer to your better judgement

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Being single and in a relationship both have lots of positives going for them. We can find many ways to do satisfied, there's not just one option. Single life is great - I imagine it's right for you until you realize otherwise.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

I'm not cut out for full-time relationships... as I've gotten older I've found that I often resent sharing my personal space with anyone for more than a few days... but then after a while I'll crave affection and intimacy again. I tried long-distance relationships to see if that would work for me, but even then there's an expectation of progression... that some day one of us would commit to moving to be closer to the other (or... horror of horrors... in with each other!).

I've found my perfect medium through Fab. Friends with benefits and no expectation of progressing to anything more. Even after 2 years with one of them we're still in the honeymoon phase... a bubble of fun, flirtation, and behaving like goofy randy teenagers, without all the pressures and expectations of a 'real' relationship. He leaves me smiling and then I get on with my life and look forward to next time. I couldn't be happier!

There is an old saying that says ‘the grass is always greener on the other side of the hill’

Sometimes men look for the greener grass and so do women.. For those that approach this site in that way, they will sadly be disappointed..

Swinging in my humble option is not about that, but it is about making sure your partner is happy with whatever field she and hopefully youreslf might end up in..

It’s a choice and if you choose wisely you will both be happy ... hopefully

» Add a new message to this topic