FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cameras update.

Cameras update.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rincess peach OP   Woman  over a year ago

shits creek

So... myself and my guest had the chat just now as to why she felt it necessary to put a motion sensor camera in the room I let her stay in.

She's had a lot of money stolen.

The only people who've been here are myself, my son for a few hours and her boyfriend who she's known a few months and hasn't been back since the money disappeared.

He's given her all the excuses under the sun as to why he's unable to come over.

She believes him and is certain it wasn't him.

That leaves myself or my son. Well, my kid sleeps in my room for the 2 nights in 8 weeks he's here.

I don't know where she puts her money, however I've heard her counting it while her boyfriend is there.

I pointed out the obvious... he knows where you keep it and has access to it when he sleeps over. She replied, yeah but the only time he's been left alone up there is when I've been in the shower. Yes dear, that's ample opportunity as is when you're asleep.

Needless to say she's moving out as I've explained I can't be feeling like a suspect in my own home, nor will I have my son feel like there's eyes on him for the brief time he's here.

The other side of the coin is that there has been someone in my house stealing, and she didn't think to warn me. I'm dreadful for leaving stuff lying about (yes, I'm too trusting) and in all honesty I'm that forgetful and scatterbrained I probably wouldn't even notice if something of mine went missing.

She was happy to protect her own stuff yet didn't give me the opportunity to do the same.

Gutted, hurt and feeling right stabbed in the back. But... I can understand why she did it.

And that's that.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sounds like you'll be better off with a new housemate.

shits creek

"Sounds like you'll be better off with a new housemate."

Just someone to dogsit now.and then and I'll be sound.

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Sorry it went down that path OP

shits creek

"Sorry it went down that path OP"

Me too. We've both cried and I've told her I do care about her,however I can't be feeling like a suspect in my home.

Glad you got to the bottom of it, but like you say, she could have let you know that she had money taken.

Banks are no longer a thing in England?

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I'm glad you've sorted it out PP. Definitely the right thing to do x

Ah shit,

I’m sorry that that’s the conclusion of that story. Really shitty that she didn’t think to warn you that money had been stolen. Even if she thought it was you, she should have been upfront about it from the get go x

shits creek

"Glad you got to the bottom of it, but like you say, she could have let you know that she had money taken."

There's every chance I've had some go too but not noticed.

I'll never know.

I feel awful for her tho. To me it's obvious who took it. The timescale it went was all when her fella was here. He's given her all really important reasons as to why he hasn't been around since....

Dad had heart attack, I'm down in London

Ex has tried to have kids taken off him.

I don't know if they're true or not, but I've been on the receiving end of someone making things up that are serious, to divert attention and make you feel guilty for questioning their motives/agenda

shits creek

"Banks are no longer a thing in England?"

Seems not.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

She's probably as confused as you are.

Head saying one thing, heart saying another.

It's very difficult to be objective when the heart is involved.

shits creek

"I'm glad you've sorted it out PP. Definitely the right thing to do x"

I'm gutted but there's no other choice.

"Banks are no longer a thing in England?"

I've had a few thousand in cash in my house, before I get it to the bank.

"Sounds like you'll be better off with a new housemate."

Agree

Dunno what to say to be honest she surely cant think its ok to install hidden cameras in your house had she had money stolen at work of anywhere else would she just install cams without asking no because she would get a bollocking

shits creek

"Ah shit,

I’m sorry that that’s the conclusion of that story. Really shitty that she didn’t think to warn you that money had been stolen. Even if she thought it was you, she should have been upfront about it from the get go x"

Yeah, it's a big old mess. I'm proud of myself for taking control of the outcome tho. I hate giving bad news to people I care about.

shits creek

"She's probably as confused as you are.

"

Yeah, she had really fallen for him.

Yeah, she had really fallen for him."

End of the day

Look after you and yours 1st.

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

"So... myself and my guest had the chat just now as to why she felt it necessary to put a motion sensor camera in the room I let her stay in.

The only people who've been here are myself, my son for a few hours and her boyfriend who she's known a few months and hasn't been back since the money disappeared.

He's given her all the excuses under the sun as to why he's unable to come over.

That leaves myself or my son. Well, my kid sleeps in my room for the 2 nights in 8 weeks he's here.

I don't know where she puts her money, however I've heard her counting it while her boyfriend is there.

I pointed out the obvious... he knows where you keep it and has access to it when he sleeps over. She replied, yeah but the only time he's been left alone up there is when I've been in the shower. Yes dear, that's ample opportunity as is when you're asleep.

Needless to say she's moving out as I've explained I can't be feeling like a suspect in my own home, nor will I have my son feel like there's eyes on him for the brief time he's here.

The other side of the coin is that there has been someone in my house stealing, and she didn't think to warn me. I'm dreadful for leaving stuff lying about (yes, I'm too trusting) and in all honesty I'm that forgetful and scatterbrained I probably wouldn't even notice if something of mine went missing.

She was happy to protect her own stuff yet didn't give me the opportunity to do the same.

Gutted, hurt and feeling right stabbed in the back. But... I can understand why she did it.

And that's that."

I doubt it's the case and I really don't want to alarm you.. would the boyfriend have had any chance to get a key cut from your guests key(s) if he is a tea leaf and you've said you leave stuff about . he might come back if he has a kkey.. new lock(s) a few pounds each ..

I’m glad you’ve had the opportunity to talk to her about it, but she obviously has little respect for you to

A: set up a camera without telling you

B: suspecting you or your son

C: ignoring the fact her boyfriend had the opportunity and has been absent since.

Hopefully you’ll find a new house mate who will abide by your house rules and contribute to the upkeep of the house.

It’s a shame it happened and it was a harsh learning curve for you. X

shits creek

"Banks are no longer a thing in England?

I've had a few thousand in cash in my house, before I get it to the bank. "

There's a post office at the top of my road she could have paid it into. She shouldn't have needed to though, it should have been safe.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Sorry to hear.

She knows in her heart it's more likely to be the bf.

Will all come out in the wash I guess.

"So... myself and my guest had the chat just now as to why she felt it necessary to put a motion sensor camera in the room I let her stay in.

And that's that.

I doubt it's the case and I really don't want to alarm you.. would the boyfriend have had any chance to get a key cut from your guests key(s) if he is a tea leaf and you've said you leave stuff about . he might come back if he has a kkey.. new lock(s) a few pounds each .. "

Very good point, get the locks changed OP.

Sorry you're sad but it's for the best. It's even worse than you'd imagined. x

shits creek

"Dunno what to say to be honest she surely cant think its ok to install hidden cameras in your house had she had money stolen at work of anywhere else would she just install cams without asking no because she would get a bollocking"

I can understand her not wanting to mention it so as not to upset me or have me lose my shit, she said she wanted go catch who it was so she could make sense of it all in her head.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

And that's that.

I doubt it's the case and I really don't want to alarm you.. would the boyfriend have had any chance to get a key cut from your guests key(s) if he is a tea leaf and you've said you leave stuff about . he might come back if he has a kkey.. new lock(s) a few pounds each .. "

Yes this is a fair point.

shits creek

Yeah, she had really fallen for him.

End of the day

Look after you and yours 1st. "

And that's what I'm gonna do. X

shits creek

"I’m glad you’ve had the opportunity to talk to her about it, but she obviously has little respect for you to

A: set up a camera without telling you

B: suspecting you or your son

C: ignoring the fact her boyfriend had the opportunity and has been absent since.

Hopefully you’ll find a new house mate who will abide by your house rules and contribute to the upkeep of the house.

It’s a shame it happened and it was a harsh learning curve for you. X "

I won't have anyone else here now. That's me done helping people out to that extreme.

shits creek

And that's that.

I'll sort it.

shits creek

"Sorry to hear.

She knows in her heart it's more likely to be the bf.

Will all come out in the wash I guess.

"

I hope so.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"

"

End of conversation & goodbye.

Wonder if she told him about the camera if she's so sure? If he's a klepto perhaps he's worried about not being able to stop himself when around, hence not coming back & providing the evidence?

Similar vein we had a great babysitter,told her once we knew her it was OK to have her boyfriend over, first weekend he's over my full up 160gb iPod goes missing.

New sitter time, shame as girls & dog really liked her & she them.

S

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Apart from the issue with the camera she didn't seem great to have as a guest house anyway. No-one wants to feel uncomfortable in their own home so it sounds like you did the best thing.

shits creek

"

Wonder if she told him about the camera if she's so sure? If he's a klepto perhaps he's worried about not being able to stop himself when around, hence not coming back & providing the evidence?

Similar vein we had a great babysitter,told her once we knew her it was OK to have her boyfriend over, first weekend he's over my full up 160gb iPod goes missing.

S"

Hurtful ain't it

shits creek

"Apart from the issue with the camera she didn't seem great to have as a guest house anyway. No-one wants to feel uncomfortable in their own home so it sounds like you did the best thing."

Just a matter of her going now. In her mum's garage this time. In a house where her brothers who have previously stolen from her live.

Ok. Typing that has made me she's either really fucking unlucky with having money nicked or lying.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"

S

Hurtful ain't it "

Sure is

S

Did she meet him on fabswindlers.com?

I think it’s for the best she’s going OP.

You’ve done more than enough for her.

shits creek

"

S

Hurtful ain't it

Sure is

S"

I hate it. I know people can be snides, but they really don't think of the fallout from the act itself.

And that's that."

With friends like that...........

shits creek

"Did she meet him on fabswindlers.com?"

If I wasn't sad I'd have proper laughed at that.

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Apart from the issue with the camera she didn't seem great to have as a guest house anyway. No-one wants to feel uncomfortable in their own home so it sounds like you did the best thing.

Just a matter of her going now. In her mum's garage this time. In a house where her brothers who have previously stolen from her live.

Ok. Typing that has made me she's either really fucking unlucky with having money nicked or lying."

Well I'm pretty sure if I was forever having money stolen I'd open an account or invest in a little safe and have minimal money on me at all time's.

shits creek

"I think it’s for the best she’s going OP.

You’ve done more than enough for her. "

I've tried my best.

At last I'll be able to keep a clean house again.

shits creek

"Apart from the issue with the camera she didn't seem great to have as a guest house anyway. No-one wants to feel uncomfortable in their own home so it sounds like you did the best thing.

Ok. Typing that has made me she's either really fucking unlucky with having money nicked or lying.

Well I'm pretty sure if I was forever having money stolen I'd open an account or invest in a little safe and have minimal money on me at all time's."

Yep. She's a fellow waitress and keeps all her cash tips separate from her wages.

"Did she meet him on fabswindlers.com?

If I wasn't sad I'd have proper laughed at that. "

It's all part of the pros and cons of being a landlord I'm afraid.

Toss your hair back, move on and forget it. I'm not belittling your issue one bit but believe me, tenants can be much more destructive than that.

shits creek

Toss your hair back, move on and forget it. I'm not belittling your issue one bit but believe me, tenants can be much more destructive than that."

She's not a tenant, she's my friend.

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

And that's that.

I doubt it's the case and I really don't want to alarm you.. would the boyfriend have had any chance to get a key cut from your guests key(s) if he is a tea leaf and you've said you leave stuff about . he might come back if he has a kkey.. new lock(s) a few pounds each ..

I'll sort it."

I d hope you didn't need to..sadly from experience it's best

And that's that."

Can I come stay at yours?

Toss your hair back, move on and forget it. I'm not belittling your issue one bit but believe me, tenants can be much more destructive than that.

She's not a tenant, she's my friend."

Ouch. Well if she's a proper friend she'll come crawling back when she finally susses him.

shits creek

She's not a tenant, she's my friend.

Ouch. Well if she's a proper friend she'll come crawling back when she finally susses him."

When the trust is broken it's broken. It's a massive thing for me.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

The other side of the coin is that there has been someone in my house stealing, and she didn't think to warn me.

."

Because she thought it was you or your son by the looks of it....wise move to ask her to move out I think

shits creek

"

The other side of the coin is that there has been someone in my house stealing, and she didn't think to warn me.

Because she thought it was you or your son by the looks of it....wise move to ask her to move out I think "

Yep. I'm hurt but it's the right thing. My boy is here the weekend coming. I don't think my kid has the sun shining out of his arse and I know he ain't perfect, but no. Just no. As soon as she said his name I nearly puked.

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"Sounds like you'll be better off with a new housemate.

Just someone to dogsit now.and then and I'll be sound."

I'll dog sit for you

shits creek

"Sounds like you'll be better off with a new housemate.

Just someone to dogsit now.and then and I'll be sound.

I'll dog sit for you "

You'll have to come to mine tho as the pooch gets travel sick

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

Just to reiterate what's already been said, get news locks fitted asap.

Back and front door's and windows.

In the meantime hide anything ov value.

I'm glad you got it sorted, now it's time to reclaim your home, be comfortable and enjoy it.

shits creek

"Just to reiterate what's already been said, get news locks fitted asap.

Back and front door's and windows.

In the meantime hide anything ov value.

I'm glad you got it sorted, now it's time to reclaim your home, be comfortable and enjoy it."

Once she's gone that is. Still gotta get her gone yet.

And that's that.Can I come stay at yours? "

Can I move in I hate cameras and motion

Seems to me she just doesnt want to admit its her bf when its obv it is ! She should of told u about the money and the camera imo

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

Money and cameras aside. It all sounds like she is making you miserable and that is the one reason you need to reclaim your space. She’ll be inconvenienced for a while but ultimately you will have your space and your sanity back.

Sometimes the Mac Lady knows what she’s talking about. You need to tell her to leave.

It’s not you. It’s her.

I’m happy to tell her if you want. I’m well practised at this shit now

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

Yeah, she had really fallen for him."

Oh she had love haze....

Wait no, it was the smoke.

"Money and cameras aside. It all sounds like she is making you miserable and that is the one reason you need to reclaim your space. She’ll be inconvenienced for a while but ultimately you will have your space and your sanity back.

Sometimes the Mac Lady knows what she’s talking about. You need to tell her to leave.

It’s not you. It’s her.

I’m happy to tell her if you want. I’m well practised at this shit now"

Yahuh true story

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Make sure she takes her camera with her when she leaves

shits creek

"Seems to me she just doesnt want to admit its her bf when its obv it is ! She should of told u about the money and the camera imo "

Agreed. She's proper fallen for him and I think it's easier to believe it's not him to protect herself from the hurt.

By *hips n FursMan  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Sorry peach,it doesn't add up to me. She belived it was you or your son who was taking the money. Sets a camera up to catch who ever is taking the cash ,then gives the game away to you about having the camera. Just doesn't add up.

Anyway she's going so it's the end of the problem.

"She's not a tenant, she's my friend."

No she's not your friend Peach, she's a "user" and you were there to be used. Move on and learn from it.

"Make sure she takes her camera with her when she leaves "
yes I don't want it in my room

By *atindollTV/TS  over a year ago

edinburgh

You sound like a genuine kind heart...its sometimes hard but you really need to be less kind...theres a lot of people out there who will spot your decency and exploit it...im pretty sure none of my proper friends would install camera's in MY home without speaking to me-THEIR FRIEND...about it first...however a few ex aquaintences...sure.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

It's not the sort of thing a real friend would do....

Glad you found a way to sort it out...

At least once she's gone your home is yours again x

And that's that."

It was the boyfriend. 100%. Classic behaviour. You should have called the police in, at least that would eliminate any suspicion she had about you. You’re hardly going to call the police if you stole it are you.

shits creek

"Sorry peach,it doesn't add up to me. She belived it was you or your son who was taking the money. Sets a camera up to catch who ever is taking the cash ,then gives the game away to you about having the camera. Just doesn't add up.

Anyway she's going so it's the end of the problem."

I went in the room on Thursday and activated the camera, 2 mins later I got a text from her asking why I was in there.

That's the only reason I know about it.

"She's not a tenant, she's my friend.

No she's not your friend Peach, she's a "user" and you were there to be used. Move on and learn from it."

You know I kind of agree.

Much as I love you your kind nature has been taken advantage of massively.

A friend would not behave the way she has x

Sending you love, Peach. It’s a sad situation.

shits creek

"Sorry peach,it doesn't add up to me. She belived it was you or your son who was taking the money. Sets a camera up to catch who ever is taking the cash ,then gives the game away to you about having the camera. Just doesn't add up.

Anyway she's going so it's the end of the problem."

I went in the room on Thursday and activated the camera, 2 mins later I got a text from her asking why I was in there.

That's the only reason I know about it.

shits creek

"She's not a tenant, she's my friend.

No she's not your friend Peach, she's a "user" and you were there to be used. Move on and learn from it."

I've been a convenience

By *wingfellowMan  over a year ago

my own little sanctuary

if I were in your shoes Peach I wouldn’t be upset, I’d likely be extremely pissed off. That’s multiple counts of disrespect in my opinion:

1) accusing you in your own home

2) not informing you of something which directly affects you

And finally, being so shady about it. I’m a firm believer in saying what you mean and meaning what you say. If I had an issue with someone I wouldn’t refrain from saying anything nor would I feel the need to take what I perceive as shady measures to ensure it didn’t happen again. I’d do that thing that adults are supposed to do. You know, approach the person/people and talk.

Seems to me that only you have taken that approach and that says enough.

shits creek

"You sound like a genuine kind heart...its sometimes hard but you really need to be less kind...theres a lot of people out there who will spot your decency and exploit it...im pretty sure none of my proper friends would install camera's in MY home without speaking to me-THEIR FRIEND...about it first...however a few ex aquaintences...sure."

Thank you.

I will always be kind (unless I'm being a cunt) as it's part of who I am. My home though shall remain that from this point on. It's made me realise that even tho I know it wasn't anyone I've let in my home, I'd feel sick to the core if it was. And I don't want anything like that on my conscience. Only person to live with me again will be my boy if he needed/wanted to.

shits creek

"It's not the sort of thing a real friend would do....

Glad you found a way to sort it out...

At least once she's gone your home is yours again x

"

And I'm gonna clean it top to bottom.

shits creek

And that's that.

It was the boyfriend. 100%. Classic behaviour. You should have called the police in, at least that would eliminate any suspicion she had about you. You’re hardly going to call the police if you stole it are you. "

I asked her earlier why she didn't call the police. She said coz she had no proof who it was and wanted to catch them in the act.

I said I'd have still called them and had that shit fingerprinted. Culprit found.

shits creek

"if I were in your shoes Peach I wouldn’t be upset, I’d likely be extremely pissed off. That’s multiple counts of disrespect in my opinion:

And finally, being so shady about it. I’m a firm believer in saying what you mean and meaning what you say. If I had an issue with someone I wouldn’t refrain from saying anything nor would I feel the need to take what I perceive as shady measures to ensure it didn’t happen again. I’d do that thing that adults are supposed to do. You know, approach the person/people and talk.

Seems to me that only you have taken that approach and that says enough."

I went from upset to just about holding onto my shit when my son got brought in..

By *wingfellowMan  over a year ago

my own little sanctuary

"if I were in your shoes Peach I wouldn’t be upset, I’d likely be extremely pissed off. That’s multiple counts of disrespect in my opinion:

Seems to me that only you have taken that approach and that says enough.

I went from upset to just about holding onto my shit when my son got brought in.."

I’m not surprised, I am very much the same. I’ll allow people to step a little too far when it comes to me but family... got to nip that in the bud straight away. I don’t know what to say peachy other than to offer some terrible jokes and grumpy company if you need it lol

That’s really shit princess.

I have no mates I don’t trust.

Best off without her.

shits creek

"That’s really shit princess.

Best off without her."

That's it ain't it.

I want to prove it wasn't me or my kid, purely to rub her nose in it but don't know how.

Best off without her.

That's it ain't it.

I want to prove it wasn't me or my kid, purely to rub her nose in it but don't know how.

"

I wouldn’t bother.

She’ll find out sooner or later.

Just send her on her way with a knowing smile and your best wishes, then continue being excellent x

shits creek

Best off without her.

That's it ain't it.

I wouldn’t bother.

Just send her on her way with a knowing smile and your best wishes, then continue being excellent x"

I'm just waiting to find out when she's going. And I honestly do wish her well, everyone deserves peace and to feel comfortable.

Best off without her.

That's it ain't it.

I wouldn’t bother.

Just send her on her way with a knowing smile and your best wishes, then continue being excellent x

I'm just waiting to find out when she's going. And I honestly do wish her well, everyone deserves peace and to feel comfortable."

I don’t doubt that and I completely agree.

» Add a new message to this topic