FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cyclists

Cyclists

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ld jedi OP   Man  over a year ago

hull

Are cyclists just a load of Lycra twats

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *uckymooMan  over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

Some are not all

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nope. I'm a cyclist and I'm definetly not a twat.

I may wear lycra though.

My you are on form tonight OP

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

I'd need more info before I could offer an objective opinion .

Why do you ask ?

I like cyclists

I consider posters of such questions to be twats tbf

Had to wait 10 seconds on your road trip in order to overtake?

"I consider posters of such questions to be twats tbf"

I’ve always fancied you

hull

If a cycle lane is there then it should be used if not cyclists should be fine after all us motorist's get fined for driving in bus lanes

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

says the pussy licker

"If a cycle lane is there then it should be used if not cyclists should be fine after all us motorist's get fined for driving in bus lanes "

Until your a road cyclist you will never understand the challenges we are confronted with.

hull

Tbf i cba but i consider a reply like that from Suffolk to be a twat lol

Some cycle lanes are not fit for purpose.... massive drain sinks in some, lamp posts in some and i frequently see cars driving in the ones on the side of the road.

As a cyclist and a driver it annoys me when cyclists cycle down the side if a que of traffic at lights to get to the front then hold everyone up.

By *hisky and WineCouple  over a year ago

the vicinity of Betelgeuse

"Are cyclists just a load of Lycra twats"

No, not all of us wear lycra and not all of us are twats but a high proportion of those that do wear lycra are twats.

"If a cycle lane is there then it should be used if not cyclists should be fine after all us motorist's get fined for driving in bus lanes "

Does that mean pedestrians in cycle lanes should be fined too?

By *picknspanMan  over a year ago

North West Leeds

Yep! Job done close thread

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Worry less about what others do, and concentrate on minimising the reasons others will dislike your behaviours. After all when they're not cyclists they are no longer a problem to motorists. However, a twat is always a twat.

hull

Done riding bike on road and yes ive used cycle lanes were there have been but now cyclists think they own the road and what about us car drives what we have to put up with for starters you cyclists for starters then bloody trackers

hull

"If a cycle lane is there then it should be used if not cyclists should be fine after all us motorist's get fined for driving in bus lanes

Does that mean pedestrians in cycle lanes should be fined too? "

most cycle lanes are marked or signed for both

"Done riding bike on road and yes ive used cycle lanes were there have been but now cyclists think they own the road and what about us car drives what we have to put up with for starters you cyclists for starters then bloody trackers "

What you have to put up with? Which is? I’m a driver and cyclist so I don’t think I’m biased either way. I ride 20 miles 3 times a week on the road and at least 3 times per ride I have cars either sitting right in my back wheel or over taking with a car on the other side, over taking on a corner, not leaving me enough space, pulling out on me, the list goes on.

I don’t think I own the road but if I or a driver makes a mistake I’m likely to be the one that comes off worse.

By *xxx30Man  over a year ago

york

I mean I wear jeans when I ride downhill mtb

"If a cycle lane is there then it should be used if not cyclists should be fine after all us motorist's get fined for driving in bus lanes

Does that mean pedestrians in cycle lanes should be fined too? most cycle lanes are marked or signed for both "

Pedestrians don’t care if they’re marked or not, my village has designated cycle paths, not shared and they’re always occupied by dog walkers, runners, children or just people walking.

I assume you think they should all be fined too?

By *a Fee VerteWoman  over a year ago

Limbo

I'm sure they don't *all* fall into that category but I have to admit that there does seem to be a disproportionate number of selfish cycling twats in Cambridge who seem to think it's perfectly okay to speed down pavements swearing at any pedestrian who has the temerity not to move out of their way instantly. It drives me mad when the city is *covered* in bloody cycle paths

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Except that's not the law and cycle lanes are often a pile of shit.

Cyclists are allowed to use the road..... Get over yourself.

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

People should be just courteous to all road users road rage is bad for your health especially if you approach me even in my Lycra I still pack a good head but that usually sends irate idiots in company cars and vans packing always strike first my fellow cyclists

hull

Cyclists are allowed to use the road..... Get over yourself. "

this is true and so are the roads deal with it just saying should be law but everyone has there own thought on this matter

evesham

Cyclists are allowed to use the road..... Get over yourself. this is true and so are the roads deal with it just saying should be law but everyone has there own thought on this matter "

I do deal with it, by riding wide enough if the side of the road to allow me to manoeuvre around pot holes. Shame some drivers don't afford me the space I'm legally allowed to make me feel safe on the roads.

North West Leeds

Cyclists are allowed to use the road..... Get over yourself. this is true and so are the roads deal with it just saying should be law but everyone has there own thought on this matter

I do deal with it, by riding wide enough if the side of the road to allow me to manoeuvre around pot holes. Shame some drivers don't afford me the space I'm legally allowed to make me feel safe on the roads. "

A ton of moving metal versus a bicycle there is only one winner.

If you swerve to avoid a pot hole then you are risking your life.

Drivers cannot legislate for erratic cyclists swerving without warning in front of their vehicle. Similarly they cannot, nor should not drive on the opposite side of the road endangering oncoming vehicles just because you make a movement toward their vehicle. The responsibility for your safety does not solely belong to them it belongs to you too.

If you want safe exercise riding a bicycle then go to a gym, there it is rare to find vehicles that you might wilfully obstruct.

Too many Lance Armstrong wannabes littering our roads when they could achieve their fitness or exercise regime in the comfort of a gym.

Always trying to pass on the responsibility of their own failings when it comes to personal safety.

If you don't like the popular mode of society transport, the motor vehicle, then don't cycle on the road. You will not be missed.

The padded shorts look like they are wearing a nappy x

By *esus H ChristMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Cyclists are allowed to use the road..... Get over yourself. this is true and so are the roads deal with it just saying should be law but everyone has there own thought on this matter

I do deal with it, by riding wide enough if the side of the road to allow me to manoeuvre around pot holes. Shame some drivers don't afford me the space I'm legally allowed to make me feel safe on the roads.

Drivers cannot legislate for erratic cyclists swerving without warning in front of their vehicle. Similarly they cannot, nor should not drive on the opposite side of the road endangering oncoming vehicles just because you make a movement toward their vehicle. The responsibility for your safety does not solely belong to them it belongs to you too.

If you want safe exercise riding a bicycle then go to a gym, there it is rare to find vehicles that you might wilfully obstruct.

Too many Lance Armstrong wannabes littering our roads when they could achieve their fitness or exercise regime in the comfort of a gym.

Always trying to pass on the responsibility of their own failings when it comes to personal safety.

If you don't like the popular mode of society transport, the motor vehicle, then don't cycle on the road. You will not be missed.

"

Mmm that sounds fair, and how long have bicycles been on the road compared to motorised vehicles, but obviously you're far more important than someone who cycles to work etc they should just stay in a gym or use a trainer at home........absolute muppet

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

So it begins, please read the highway code regarding vulnerable road users. I think it is rule 204.

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Every mode of transport has its twats, whether it be pedestrian, cyclists, car drivers or motorcyclists. I myself witnessed lycra wearing cycling twats yesterday, I was waiting at a cross roads as they came racing down hill from my left, turning to their left, running wide onto the wrong side of the road and shouting abuse at an old dear who had to slam her brakes on to avoid having a head on with 2 of them on her side of the road!!

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

So it begins, please read the highway code regarding vulnerable road users. I think it is rule 204."

when ever i'm on the road feeling vulnerable I treat everyone the same...... as if they are trying to kill me

evesham

"

Well don't you talk a load of bollocks!

It is in the highway code that drivers must give at least 1.5 metres clearance to a cyclist to allow them to move around pot holes. If i hit a pot hole I am likely to be more erratic that if I swerve to miss it.

Where was I trying to pass on the responsibility of my own safety? I ride in accordance to the highway code, you know - the thing all road users should read and understand!

I know it's hard for some to understand but the car is not king and other people are allowed to use the roads and are entitled to feel safe when they do. They should not have to argue with vehicle drivers over their safety.

If you choose to make poor driving choices such as overtaking when there is oncoming traffic or it is dangerous to do so then that is your fault, not the cyclists. You were taught when to overtake when you learnt to drive I assume? You choose to endanger yourself and other drivers by doing so. When you overtake other cars because they are slower than you or a car is parked in the carriageway you drive in the other side but I guess you have no issue doing that? Why is giving cyclists the legal amount of space on the roads such a hardship to you?

"

Speechless

"I like cyclists "

Controversial

Cyclists are always right

Well don't you talk a load of bollocks!

It is in the highway code that drivers must give at least 1.5 metres clearance to a cyclist to allow them to move around pot holes. If i hit a pot hole I am likely to be more erratic that if I swerve to miss it.

Where was I trying to pass on the responsibility of my own safety? I ride in accordance to the highway code, you know - the thing all road users should read and understand!

I know it's hard for some to understand but the car is not king and other people are allowed to use the roads and are entitled to feel safe when they do. They should not have to argue with vehicle drivers over their safety.

If you choose to make poor driving choices such as overtaking when there is oncoming traffic or it is dangerous to do so then that is your fault, not the cyclists. You were taught when to overtake when you learnt to drive I assume? You choose to endanger yourself and other drivers by doing so. When you overtake other cars because they are slower than you or a car is parked in the carriageway you drive in the other side but I guess you have no issue doing that? Why is giving cyclists the legal amount of space on the roads such a hardship to you? "

Highway code says that on overtaking a cyclist you should give as much room as you would if overtaking a car, at no point dies it say you must drive on the opposite side of the road.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

No... cyclists are just normal people who enjoy riding their bikes. It's a great way to keep fit, lose weight, and save a few quid on the daily commute. The lycra is just propper cycling gear, it helps to move the sweat away from the skin and it's figure hugging nature means that it doesn't rub or chafe.

Cal

North West Leeds

Criticism from a deluded man who calls himself Jesus (pretentious or what?) & a person who calls herself a little brat.

I'm thinking that these people are imbalanced in life and as such equally so on two wheels whilst cycling along.

For you my friends I would recommend the 3 wheeled variety of bicycle. Maybe one with a box at the back to put in the stones you collect.

Unless you realise that the big wide world has to spin and it requires the economic process of oil/petrol sales to keep it going then your always going to be angry little voices of angry little people who cannot grasp real life.

No money in puncture repair kits and glow in the dark saddle bags.

Therefore yes the car or motor vehicle is king.

Regardless of which came first (it was the horse I think) it is about current viable economics. Even your cute little lycra tops and your squidgy little inner tubes have to be transported around the country....by motor vehicle!

So think before you try to place yourself in a self righteous better than thou pious position...in life there are realistic ways that the majority of people understand and accept.

These are the terms of how we live and regardless of your hyperbole and phillyblustering about I, ME & other Liberal minorities the world will, thankfully, continue as it is.

Oh and by the way Jesus & Brat it is not clever to simply be insulting or use name calling to appear grown up.

I will not comment further on this matter as I think that my points are clear and obvious and need no further clarity. Equally I have wasted far too much time & energy on such uncompelling and ordinary people.....

By *W ChapMan  over a year ago

Swindon

Are people who post shit posts on Swinging forums a bunch of attention seeking twats?

Swindon

"Are cyclists just a load of Lycra twats

No, not all of us wear lycra and not all of us are twats but a high proportion of those that do wear lycra are twats. "

Don't be a dick.

No I cycle but don't wear lycra, football boots or polystyrene hats

"Criticism from a deluded man who calls himself Jesus (pretentious or what?) & a person who calls herself a little brat.

I'm thinking that these people are imbalanced in life and as such equally so on two wheels whilst cycling along.

For you my friends I would recommend the 3 wheeled variety of bicycle. Maybe one with a box at the back to put in the stones you collect.

Unless you realise that the big wide world has to spin and it requires the economic process of oil/petrol sales to keep it going then your always going to be angry little voices of angry little people who cannot grasp real life.

Regardless of which came first (it was the horse I think) it is about current viable economics. Even your cute little lycra tops and your squidgy little inner tubes have to be transported around the country....by motor vehicle!

So think before you try to place yourself in a self righteous better than thou pious position...in life there are realistic ways that the majority of people understand and accept.

These are the terms of how we live and regardless of your hyperbole and phillyblustering about I, ME & other Liberal minorities the world will, thankfully, continue as it is.

Oh and by the way Jesus & Brat it is not clever to simply be insulting or use name calling to appear grown up.

I will not comment further on this matter as I think that my points are clear and obvious and need no further clarity. Equally I have wasted far too much time & energy on such uncompelling and ordinary people..... "

Why so bitter, did Lance Armstrong shag your sister or something?

evesham

"Criticism from a deluded man who calls himself Jesus (pretentious or what?) & a person who calls herself a little brat.

I will not comment further on this matter as I think that my points are clear and obvious and need no further clarity. Equally I have wasted far too much time & energy on such uncompelling and ordinary people..... "

It OK to feel threatened by people who see things differently to you, no one will judge you.

It's interesting to see that you saw fit to ignore the perfectly reasoned arguements regarding the highway code and its contents, and the questions regarding your choices on when to overtake slower moving vehicles etc.

I also didn't call you names.... I said you talk bollocks. Eloquent bollocks I'll give you that but bollocks all the same.

Why do entitled vehicle drivers think those who cycle have no idea that cars need to exist? I'd wager most (including me) also own a car and use it often.

I don't think anyone arguing the point for cyclists have shown themselves to be pious or self righteous, they've just argued the case for being treated with respect and given the correct amount of space when legally cycling on the roads.

Bananaman likes to call all cyclists 'angry' yet on every single cycling thread I've read and participated on here it is always the car drivers that get angry and make comments about how people won't be missed if they get killed cycling on the roads (nice sentiment btw )

omg what will you do when petrol runs out and your leg bracelet linked directly to speed cameras and your bank account deletes the fine automatically

Yesterday I almost hit a cyclist who was jumping a red light.. somebody else will get her

"Yesterday I almost hit a cyclist who was jumping a red light.. somebody else will get her "
damn 20 points missed

By *iverscuMan  over a year ago

Berkshire

There are a few twats yes but that's the same for anything.

It's scary riding on the road sometimes with close passes etc, cyclists riding defensive aren't twats, they're just trying to stay alive!

I would say cycling side by side isn't on tho. We always go in line and try to keep out the way.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

You are supposed to cycle two abreast

Single file is too long and dangerous to overtake

I'm not a cyclist but they have as much right to use the road as cars do

For some reason drivers think the roads are for just them. Twats

These threads are a waste of energy. I’d rather save that energy to cycle through the traffic like a total bossman, burning fat and getting fitter, rather than burning oil and getting angrier cause I’m sat in a metal box going nowhere.

By *ovingittwoCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

It’s a thing of mine, I don’t understand why you need special clothes which are also very unflattering to ride a bike??

(Mrs)

It’s a thing of mine, I don’t understand why you need special clothes which are also very unflattering to ride a bike??

(Mrs)"

Comfort, speed, easier to cycle, aerodynamics.

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

Thought I'd clicked on the Daily Mail website by mistake

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Does that mean pedestrians in cycle lanes should be fined too? most cycle lanes are marked or signed for both "

As are roads for buses, cars, cycles & trucks. The difference being horses, cycles & pedestrians

are all there by right, all the others are licensed.

The irrational hatred for cyclists is bizarre.

Birmingham

"Yesterday I almost hit a cyclist who was jumping a red light.. somebody else will get her damn 20 points missed "

..because motorists NEVER jump red lights....

(Mrs)"

exactly you don't, I enjoy the great outdoors I don't have to look like Chris boardman to achieve it

(Mrs)exactly you don't, I enjoy the great outdoors I don't have to look like Chris boardman to achieve it "

That emoji again

(Mrs)exactly you don't, I enjoy the great outdoors I don't have to look like Chris boardman to achieve it

That emoji again "

sorry

Birmingham

Can I just point out that this thread was started as a cyclist bash by I assume a largely non cycling person...not the other way around. Not to take the moral high ground but the oil based economy has a lot to answer for...

I’m not sure, do you think I am? Are all white van men idiots?

"Yesterday I almost hit a cyclist who was jumping a red light.. somebody else will get her damn 20 points missed

..because motorists NEVER jump red lights.... "

exactly I worked for a German guy few years back he had a jaguar xjs and a car went through a red-light totalled it he was moaning because they gave him a porshe boxster as a courtesy car ha

I will not comment further on this matter as I think that my points are clear and obvious and need no further clarity. Equally I have wasted far too much time & energy on such uncompelling and ordinary people.....

Can I just point out that this thread was started as a cyclist bash by I assume a largely non cycling person...not the other way around. Not to take the moral high ground but the oil based economy has a lot to answer for..."

It was started by someone called Pussy Eater, that’s the level we are dealing with here.

Can I just point out that this thread was started as a cyclist bash by I assume a largely non cycling person...not the other way around. Not to take the moral high ground but the oil based economy has a lot to answer for...

It was started by someone called Pussy Eater, that’s the level we are dealing with here."

lol

"You are supposed to cycle two abreast

For some reason drivers think the roads are for just them. Twats"

Maybe it's something to do with the road tax, just saying.

As a driver I find most cyclists are sensible with the odd idiot here and there.

As a cyclist I find most drivers are considerate with the odd idiot here and there.

As motorists, the onus is on us to take extra caution around other road users such as cycles, people and horses - we have to recognise that any of them may do something unexpected and we have to be alert to that.

Just the usual nonsense on here from self-entitled drivers who think they own the roads. Muppets.

Birmingham

Maybe it's something to do with the road tax, just saying. "

What the road tax that was abolished in 1936 by Winston Churchill....how old are you?

Maybe it's something to do with the road tax, just saying. "

Same argument every time, no such thing as road tax, it’s an emmisions tax, bikes don’t produce any !

"As a driver I find most cyclists are sensible with the odd idiot here and there.

As a cyclist I find most drivers are considerate with the odd idiot here and there.

As motorists, the onus is on us to take extra caution around other road users such as cycles, people and horses - we have to recognise that any of them may do something unexpected and we have to be alert to that.

Just the usual nonsense on here from self-entitled drivers who think they own the roads. Muppets."

yes and British roads especially on the section cyclists have to use are not good

I cycle everyday wouldn't say I'm a twat

Don't wear lycra just normal clothes

"I cycle everyday wouldn't say I'm a twat

Don't wear lycra just normal clothes"

I wear Lycra everyday, even when I don’t cycle.

Swindon

"As a driver I find most cyclists are sensible with the odd idiot here and there.

Just the usual nonsense on here from self-entitled drivers who think they own the roads. Muppets."

Good points, all well made.

Same argument every time, no such thing as road tax, it’s an emmisions tax, bikes don’t produce any ! "

Point taken but how many roads or cycle paths do you think would be laid or maintained without said emissions tax?

Birmingham

Same argument every time, no such thing as road tax, it’s an emmisions tax, bikes don’t produce any !

Point taken but how many roads or cycle paths do you think would be laid or maintained without said emissions tax?"

...then it is used for the purpose for which it is collected..

Point taken but how many roads or cycle paths do you think would be laid or maintained without said emissions tax?"

So point not taken then

What is the point you're making? It sounds like 'motorists pay more so are more entitled' - is it that?

I dunno, I cycle and I drive they’re not mutually exclusive.

Have you tried riding a bike in a cycle lane. They're full of detritus as they never get swept. They're a complete liability.

By the way, where in the Highway Code does it say cyclists must use cycle lanes ?

Cycle lanes are a waste of time and fucking dangerous with cars pulling out and turning left into you, unless you ride a bike you won’t get it.

salisbury

"Cycle lanes are a waste of time and fucking dangerous with cars pulling out and turning left into you, unless you ride a bike you won’t get it. "

Don't forget the dog walkers! With the lead stretched across both lanes!

salisbury

"Cycle lanes are a waste of time and fucking dangerous with cars pulling out and turning left into you, unless you ride a bike you won’t get it.

Don't forget the dog walkers! With the lead stretched across both lanes! "

Of course, I'm referring to the converted pavement type. Not on road type!

"Cycle lanes are a waste of time and fucking dangerous with cars pulling out and turning left into you, unless you ride a bike you won’t get it. "

Are you a cyclist now?

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

The lack of punctuation makes me suspect you typed that on your mobile while driving.

I have ridden various disciplines on bikes throughout my life, but I have never worn lycra to do so.

By *cotsguyyMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Ach, you know what, I'm done. I started reading this thread out of curiosity but I didn't even get a quarter of the way through. The idiotic petrol heads lost this one, not one well thought out argument here. There is no logical conversation to be had.

The road is for one & all, that's it. It's for all modes of transport, if YOU can't handle that then YOU aren't fit to be on the road. YOU are the problem. I've been a responsible cyclist for many a year, leisurely & professionally, & the only accidents I've had have been caused by motorists, even one deliberately swerving at me to run me off the road. If you have a problem with cyclists then you either need to deal with it or get off the road.

Until your a road cyclist you will never understand the challenges we are confronted with."

Particularly chaffing... ????

Lycra = I want to feel pro but I'm not.

Bit like crossfit, they pretend to workout but they don't

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Lycra = I want to feel pro but I'm not.

Bit like crossfit, they pretend to workout but they don't "

Proper cycling gear, is just the best thing for riding a bike... especially if you are trying to ride for fitness or sport. It is no different to folk wearing football strips for a game of five-a-side with their mates, or leathers on a motorbike. It's just what's right for the job. Nearly all cycling shorts for example come as tight lycra shorts, so if you want the padding, then you need the lycra.

Cal

By *amesB66Man  over a year ago

St Peter Port

Bit like crossfit, they pretend to workout but they don't

Proper cycling gear, is just the best thing for riding a bike... especially if you are trying to ride for fitness or sport. It is no different to folk wearing football strips for a game of five-a-side with their mates, or leathers on a motorbike. It's just what's right for the job. Nearly all cycling shorts for example come as tight lycra shorts, so if you want the padding, then you need the lycra.

Cal"

salisbury

Yeah, i don't get the hate on lycra, do you run up to guys wearing chelsea or arsenal tops and tell them they shouldn't wear them or play footy in the park whilst wearing them because they're not real professional footballers? Should people be ridiculed for buying rangerovers if they have no plans to explore the Serengeti?!

Bit like crossfit, they pretend to workout but they don't "

Lycra= it’s alot easier and more comfortable to ride and aerodynamic, plus I like the way it feels against my skin. In fact I wear it doing the washing up.

Are all car drivers twats? Cutting in, hogging the middle lane, speeding, distracted by a mobile, etc...

I rarely have a problem using cycle lanes and certainly feel 100 percent safer in them. I also use recommended routes of back streets, pathways and alleys. My safety comes before any need to get there faster

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Some but not all

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

Some are. Cycle lane empty. Instead cycle in the middle of the 60mph road. Cutting off people. Going in the wrong lanes at roundabouts. Cut traffic lights.

"Yeah, i don't get the hate on lycra, do you run up to guys wearing chelsea or arsenal tops and tell them they shouldn't wear them or play footy in the park whilst wearing them because they're not real professional footballers? Should people be ridiculed for buying rangerovers if they have no plans to explore the Serengeti?!"
yes they should be ridiculed why not , why should people be exempt from ridicule Lycra is worthy of it, polystyrene headgear is worthy of it and driving a very expensive fuel guzzling 4x4 rangerover designed to go off road but soul driven on tarmac is worthy of it, I cycle but am not a conventional cyclist, I'm on fab but I don't regard myself as a conventional swinger. We as a group enjoy making assumptions about people based on what they say here but most people when you meet them are generally run of the mill nice ordinary people but cmon if we didn't take the mick that just wouldn't be playing the game

Horsham

Cyclists and motorcyclists are allowed to use bus lanes, most cyclists are very fine.

Horsham

"Some cycle lanes are not fit for purpose.... massive drain sinks in some, lamp posts in some and i frequently see cars driving in the ones on the side of the road.

As a cyclist and a driver it annoys me when cyclists cycle down the side if a que of traffic at lights to get to the front then hold everyone up."

That's called filtering, it is the benefit of using two wheels instead of 4. As both cyclists and motorcyclists can filter through stationary and slow moving traffic.

By *ookingforlustMan  over a year ago

northants

I have cyclist Tourette’s

By *anetandNickCouple  over a year ago

Ross-on-Wye

Well I never wear lycra when cycling.

What's wrong with a micro skirt?

Janet xxxxxx

A cyclist will never admit they are in the wrong. Had 4 of them undertake ne in. 20mph zone yesterday, despite me signalling to turn left at the next road. Then within minutes another overtook me as I was turning right. Just idiots who have no knowledge of road safety and rules. By a bike get on the road, no training, no test no fucking sense. And they wonder why they get killed.

I've a really simple method of keeping calm on the roads.

I assume every other road user is a cockwomble, and will do something stupid which may cause me to take evasive action. I give them room to do so, when it inevitably happens, I smile and think to myself 'yep, saw that coming'.

There are shit drivers, shit syclists, shit pedestrians.

Birmingham

"A cyclist will never admit they are in the wrong. Had 4 of them undertake ne in. 20mph zone yesterday, despite me signalling to turn left at the next road. Then within minutes another overtook me as I was turning right. Just idiots who have no knowledge of road safety and rules. By a bike get on the road, no training, no test no fucking sense. And they wonder why they get killed. "

Funny thing is I have had motorists doing exactly the same to me, see above cockwomble comment.

"A cyclist will never admit they are in the wrong. Had 4 of them undertake ne in. 20mph zone yesterday, despite me signalling to turn left at the next road. Then within minutes another overtook me as I was turning right. Just idiots who have no knowledge of road safety and rules. By a bike get on the road, no training, no test no fucking sense. And they wonder why they get killed. "

Maybe just maybe it’s cause some motorists drive like cunts.

I'm an indoor cyclist but i'm still a twat

Swindon

"Cycle lanes are a waste of time and fucking dangerous with cars pulling out and turning left into you, unless you ride a bike you won’t get it.

Don't forget the dog walkers! With the lead stretched across both lanes! "

Fuck me, dog walker, cyclist and Driver, I'm in all categories......

The other day I almost hit a cyclist who was jumping a red light. Somebody will get him

"Done riding bike on road and yes ive used cycle lanes were there have been but now cyclists think they own the road and what about us car drives what we have to put up with for starters you cyclists for starters then bloody trackers "

It's spelt track'er.

I cycled into work, clad in all my Lycra it felt really good against my skin, I also couldn’t help feel incredibly smug safe in the knowledge I was burning fat not oil. Passing all the droids sat in there tin boxes.

Lycra is so gay!

"Lycra is so gay!"

Wow, it’s like I’m back at school again.

"Lycra is so gay!

Wow, it’s like I’m back at school again. "

You wore lycra to school?

"Lycra is so gay!"

So is calling yourself a gentlemen. You’re gentle with men, okay whatever dude !

"Lycra is so gay!

So is calling yourself a gentlemen. You’re gentle with men, okay whatever dude ! "

Seems like spandex power ranger is upset about his gay lycra shorts

"Lycra is so gay!

So is calling yourself a gentlemen. You’re gentle with men, okay whatever dude !

Seems like spandex power ranger is upset about his gay lycra shorts "

I love my gay shorts, brings all the men to my yard. How’s your combat shorts working out, stilling holding your shit while you try and make friends ?

"Lycra is so gay!

I love my gay shorts, brings all the men to my yard. How’s your combat shorts working out, stilling holding your shit while you try and make friends ? "

Snowflake much

[Removed by poster at 16/07/18 14:21:27]

"Lycra is so gay!

I love my gay shorts, brings all the men to my yard. How’s your combat shorts working out, stilling holding your shit while you try and make friends ?

Snowflake much "

Great reply, it’s like playing chess with a pigeon. Peace out home boy X

"Lycra is so gay!

Snowflake much

Great reply, it’s like playing chess with a pigeon. Peace out home boy X"

Do you need a tissue or does lycra absorb tears?

"Lycra is so gay!

Snowflake much

Do you need a tissue or does lycra absorb tears?"

"Lycra is so gay!

I love my gay shorts, brings all the men to my yard. How’s your combat shorts working out, stilling holding your shit while you try and make friends ? "

Oh no, not the combats

"Lycra is so gay!

You wore lycra to school?"

Calling people gay as an insult is something most of us grew out of at school, you on the other hand seem to have the mentality of a small child.

"Lycra is so gay!

Calling people gay as an insult is something most of us grew out of at school, you on the other hand seem to have the mentality of a small child."

I don't think I've ever meant the word gay as an insult, those are your words not mine. Only because I chose to describe Lycra shorts that way doesn't mean it was meant to be negative if you choose to perceive it that way, don't blame it on me.

"Lycra is so gay!

Calling people gay as an insult is something most of us grew out of at school, you on the other hand seem to have the mentality of a small child.

I don't think I've ever meant the word gay as an insult, those are your words not mine. Only because I chose to describe Lycra shorts that way doesn't mean it was meant to be negative if you choose to perceive it that way, don't blame it on me."

Haha, I smell a big pile of Bullsh*t

" Had to wait 10 seconds on your road trip in order to overtake? "

In second gear mind!

"Lycra is so gay!

I don't think I've ever meant the word gay as an insult, those are your words not mine. Only because I chose to describe Lycra shorts that way doesn't mean it was meant to be negative if you choose to perceive it that way, don't blame it on me.

Haha, I smell a big pile of Bullsh*t"

I recommend a nosepeg

While you boys get a room...

Cyclists are fine on the whole (I cycle, but off road). On the road, most are great, but when they are going up a steep incline in (literally) first gear, then being 2 abreast is twatish in my view. Similarly, on a windy country road when they a perfectly aware they're causing a backup, why not apply common sense?

"Lycra is so gay!

I don't think I've ever meant the word gay as an insult, those are your words not mine. Only because I chose to describe Lycra shorts that way doesn't mean it was meant to be negative if you choose to perceive it that way, don't blame it on me."

So how is "lycea is gay" a positive comment?

Swindon

"Lycra is so gay!"
What about women who wear Lycra? Lesbians?

By *ookingforlustMan  over a year ago

northants

"The other day I almost hit a cyclist who was jumping a red light. Somebody will get him "

I think with a bit more effort you’d have got him.

D- must try harder.

"Lycra is so gay!

Snowflake much

Do you need a tissue or does lycra absorb tears?"

I’m guessing it holds tears, cause it usually absorbs all the spunk from all the men I suck and wank off, when im being gay in my Lycra.

[Removed by poster at 16/07/18 18:40:44]

"Lycra is so gay!

Cause it was negative, at least have the bollocks to back it up !

salisbury

"Lycra is so gay!

Snowflake much

Do you need a tissue or does lycra absorb tears?

I’m guessing it holds tears, cause it usually absorbs all the spunk from all the men I suck and wank off, when im being gay in my Lycra.

"

You to huh?

"Lycra is so gay!

Cause it was negative, at least have the bollocks to back it up ! "

Still butthurt? I thought you said those lycra shorts have comfort padding

salisbury

"Lycra is so gay!

Still butthurt? I thought you said those lycra shorts have comfort padding "

I think its fine. You've shown that you're a gay sceptic before. You don't like gay men. You will use homosexual references as insults. We know that, you know that. The end.

"Lycra is so gay!

Still butthurt? I thought you said those lycra shorts have comfort padding "

Bare with, I’m just taking a big fat cock up my ass as we speak, think I could fit yours in to big boy.

"Lycra is so gay!

I think its fine. You've shown that you're a gay sceptic before. You don't like gay men. You will use homosexual references as insults. We know that, you know that. The end. "

My homosexual friends will be surprised to learn that then.

Your anti straight men agenda and insecurity is well known to me too

salisbury

"Lycra is so gay!

I think its fine. You've shown that you're a gay sceptic before. You don't like gay men. You will use homosexual references as insults. We know that, you know that. The end.

Your anti straight men agenda and insecurity is well known to me too "

That's interesting. I was basing my theory on your unabashed promise to assault any man who you thought may have touched you inappropriately at a swinging club. Punching first, asking questions... Well never. So I'm intrigued to learn why you think i have an anti-straight agenda, and also what evidence you have to think i have an insecurity about, well I'm not sure to be honest. Please enlighten me.

"Lycra is so gay!

That's interesting. I was basing my theory on your unabashed promise to assault any man who you thought may have touched you inappropriately at a swinging club. Punching first, asking questions... Well never. So I'm intrigued to learn why you think i have an anti-straight agenda, and also what evidence you have to think i have an insecurity about, well I'm not sure to be honest. Please enlighten me."

Assault? You mean defend myself from sexual assault? Which seems to be perfectly acceptable for you as it's a swinging club.

By the way you're blocked for a reason so don't try to go around it by contacting me on forums.

Bring me the lycra men.....

By *reemindCoolMan  over a year ago

between Barnsley and Wakefield

Anybody who judges a whole group of people as one, has got to be a mindless self obsessed twat who thinks they are more important than the rest of society.

salisbury

"Lycra is so gay!

That's interesting. I was basing my theory on your unabashed promise to assault any man who you thought may have touched you inappropriately at a swinging club. Punching first, asking questions... Well never. So I'm intrigued to learn why you think i have an anti-straight agenda, and also what evidence you have to think i have an insecurity about, well I'm not sure to be honest. Please enlighten me.

Assault? You mean defend myself from sexual assault? Which seems to be perfectly acceptable for you as it's a swinging club.

By the way you're blocked for a reason so don't try to go around it by contacting me on forums."

How would i know that?

"Lycra is so gay!

By the way you're blocked for a reason so don't try to go around it by contacting me on forums."

What a vagina.

No more than twats who can’t spell and use poor grammar

By *xyzptlk088Man  over a year ago

Galway

Yes they are

salisbury

"Lycra is so gay!

By the way you're blocked for a reason so don't try to go around it by contacting me on forums.

What a vagina."

There is a difference between using the forum to contact someone who you've blocked and 2 people commenting on the same subject. However, the question remains, how would i know?! Should i click on everyone's profile to see if they've blocked me! As far as i can tell the only person who tried to circumvent a ban in this instance was "the gentleman"!

"Lycra is so gay!

What a vagina."

Whatever you say snowflake. Seems like you're fine with having a go at others but have a serious issue with others returning the gesture.

What goes around comes around

"Lycra is so gay!

What a vagina.

Whatever you say snowflake. Seems like you're fine with having a go at others but have a serious issue with others returning the gesture.

What goes around comes around"

Oh, stop flirting with me, When you coming round so we can get the Lycra on and get jiggy. I love your big manly thighs, I need them. Please don’t block me, I like looking at your photos ?!

By *_and_LCouple  over a year ago

Tamworth

Oh yes, every single last one of us.

By *horehouseprincessWoman  over a year ago

small town near Munich

Wow whats up with all the hatred against cyclists?

You get one oh so stupid cyclist holding you up for a few and now we're all twats? Funny how no one says that about drivers or pedestians. A lil tolerance goes a long way.. ya twat

"Wow whats up with all the hatred against cyclists?

You get one oh so stupid cyclist holding you up for a few and now we're all twats? Funny how no one says that about drivers or pedestians. A lil tolerance goes a long way.. ya twat "

Actually, go back up the thread, I've criticised all road users.

By *ara_and_MJCouple  over a year ago

rochdale

"While you boys get a room...

Cyclists are fine on the whole (I cycle, but off road). On the road, most are great, but when they are going up a steep incline in (literally) first gear, then being 2 abreast is twatish in my view. Similarly, on a windy country road when they a perfectly aware they're causing a backup, why not apply common sense?"

Two abreast is official advice & taught by Govt Approved cycle training agencies delivering Bikeability.

Advice is to ride central on narrow roads to prevent dangerous overtakes & increase visibility.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I got called a cunt yesterday by a bunch of guys going in the other direction.

I was doing nothing wrong following the highway code.

Some people just don't like cyclists, usually they are the same people who also hate horses, children,busses, runner's, or anyone who interrupts their oh so important lives.

It's not cycling that gives us a bad reputation it's bad cyclists,same as bad driver's difference being a car driven by a twat is a deadly weapon.

"

Two abreast is official advice & taught by Govt Approved cycle training agencies delivering Bikeability.

Advice is to ride central on narrow roads to prevent dangerous overtakes & increase visibility.

"

I'm aware of that. However, when you've efficiently slowed the traffic to 6 miles an hour, it's probably safe to single up and let people by. That's the common sense bit.

"

I'm aware of that. However, when you've efficiently slowed the traffic to 6 miles an hour, it's probably safe to single up and let people by. That's the common sense bit."

It’s actually safer and quicker to overtake 2 abreast than it is 2 line a stern

From Highway Code rule 66:

never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends.

rochdale

"From Highway Code rule 66:

never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends."

Which is advice, not law.

Cycles may ride 3,4 even 5 abreast as there is no law prohibiting it.

Case Law (Taylor V Goodwin 1879)

denotes cycles as legally carriages & as such may use the full width of the lane.

rochdale

"

I'm aware of that. However, when you've efficiently slowed the traffic to 6 miles an hour, it's probably safe to single up and let people by. That's the common sense bit.

It’s actually safer and quicker to overtake 2 abreast than it is 2 line a stern "

Because you are spending less time overtaking in the other lane, it's extremely obvious when you think about it.

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm sure they don't *all* fall into that category but I have to admit that there does seem to be a disproportionate number of selfish cycling twats in Cambridge who seem to think it's perfectly okay to speed down pavements swearing at any pedestrian who has the temerity not to move out of their way instantly. It drives me mad when the city is *covered* in bloody cycle paths "

Shove a stick in his/her front wheel that should take his/her mind off swearing for a minute or two

rochdale

"From Highway Code rule 66:

never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends."

Bikeability teaches Primary Position, and when to use it.

When cycling around bends you should take Primary if the visibility is limited.

Primary Position is defined as the outer third of the lane.

salisbury

I haven't seen many of the lycra clad brigade riding on pavements to be fair. Kids, and guys with beards and top knots in the main. Or just normal pricks who happen to be on 2 wheels. They probably behave like pricks on 4 wheels as well.

"I got called a cunt yesterday by a bunch of guys going in the other direction.

I was doing nothing wrong following the highway code.

Some people just don't like cyclists, usually they are the same people who also hate horses, children,busses, runner's, or anyone who interrupts their oh so important lives.

It's not cycling that gives us a bad reputation it's bad cyclists,same as bad driver's difference being a car driven by a twat is a deadly weapon."

Hey a guy hit me on my bike side on on a roundabout luckily he was stopped and just moving off he pulled over and came over helped me up and said " sorry never saw you " I said well you could have killed me but luckily I'm fine and off he went

salisbury

A guy in a car just stuck his middle finger up at my 10 year old daughter as she walked along the road. Do i now assume that every 20 something in a lowered black 3 series coupe wearing a flat brimmed cap listening to hip hop is some kind of cunt?! Yep.

Horsham

Funny I have cars doing the same to me when I am on a bike, I signal for a few yards to allow it to hit the troglodytes brain that I am going to turn left only to be ignored by the overtaking troglodyte.

Horsham

Judging by the standards of driving on today's roads, I wonder they they got a mate to do the test for them. As some don't understand the basic rules of the road.

Horsham

"

I'm aware of that. However, when you've efficiently slowed the traffic to 6 miles an hour, it's probably safe to single up and let people by. That's the common sense bit."

There people go with this common sense, funny how if is used so much.

Common sense is overrated, otherwise we wouldn't have the police, the fire brigade and the ambulance service as much. As if common sense worked, we wouldn't break the law, do stupid thibgs that injure us, or do stupid things that would set fire to things.

Horsham

"A guy in a car just stuck his middle finger up at my 10 year old daughter as she walked along the road. Do i now assume that every 20 something in a lowered black 3 series coupe wearing a flat brimmed cap listening to hip hop is some kind of cunt?! Yep."

Yes, they are driving a BMW, we all know the majority of them a numpties.

Bikes are the way forward, Lycra and polystyrene and football boots no but cycling is good for your health, cars cost a fortune to run theirs generally only one person in them so not eco friendly, everyone rushes around too much........ Slow down

By *iverscuMan  over a year ago

Berkshire

I think the conclusion to most of these threads are that some people are just dickheads, they could be in a car, riding a bike or just walking.

"I think the conclusion to most of these threads are that some people are just dickheads, they could be in a car, riding a bike or just walking. "
that's an unfair statement

"I think the conclusion to most of these threads are that some people are just dickheads, they could be in a car, riding a bike or just walking. that's an unfair statement "

I've not read the whole thread ...can I have a synopsis please.

I thought I'd post again so the thread was full.