FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Football snowflakes.

Football snowflakes.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lem-H-Fandango OP   Man  over a year ago

salisbury

When England play cricket, i support England, when England play rugby, i support England, if a British rich boy does well at Wimbledon i support him. Same goes for snooker, darts and tiddly winks! If you think you're above supporting your country when we play football, fuck off.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Thank fuck for that. I thought the weather was fucked again!

Amen

Don't forget the surly young chap that drives them fast cars who's won quite a bit. Another top British success story

"Thank fuck for that. I thought the weather was fucked again! "

Give it a couple of days.

Some of us genuinely aren’t bothered about footsport. It’s not that we think we’re above it

Glad it's all over nearly. Sick of hearing about it.

When anything to do with sport mucks up my evenings viewing i think 'not afuckinggain'

"Glad it's all over nearly. Sick of hearing about it."

The pre season friendlies are back on so football is starting all over again

By *wingfellowMan  over a year ago

my own little sanctuary

"Glad it's all over nearly. Sick of hearing about it.

The pre season friendlies are back on so football is starting all over again "

Don’t forget the fight for third on Saturday

By *apstarMan  over a year ago

Harpenden

Am I the only one that didnt watch it. Am I the only one that knew we wouldn't win it.. come on is the same old story all the time ..

By *ky19Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

No its not!! I had it on the radio at work, genuinely sounded like we were dominating them, and was expecting nothing less than a place in the final.

Then there was that unfortunate penalty. Well OK not a huge problem.

Then I left for a while and came back, noticing the commentators on 5 live were sounding a little subdued. I was immediately concerned what this probably meant. But being sure of England's eventual triumph on Wednesday I couldn't believe it - until it was confirmed Croatia had indeed scored during my quick break.

From then on the tide had well and truly turned and that was that.

2018 was something different and not the usual result of maybe getting to the top 8 if they do really well, but likely out before then.

By *ky19Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

Really thought we'd win last night, unlike any world cup for ages!

Hope this doesn't follow the pattern of 1990 with a non qualification in 4 years (no wonder I have basically no memory of the 94 world cup).

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"When England play cricket, i support England, when England play rugby, i support England, if a British rich boy does well at Wimbledon i support him. Same goes for snooker, darts and tiddly winks! If you think you're above supporting your country when we play football, fuck off. "

We have enough part timers here thank you very much Clem, you know where the door is........

salisbury

"When anything to do with sport mucks up my evenings viewing i think 'not afuckinggain' "

Your soaps will be back soon I'm sure.

"Glad it's all over nearly. Sick of hearing about it.

The pre season friendlies are back on so football is starting all over again "

Yep.liverpool v Napoli game soon

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I'm not above support anyone ,just not thing. .

We all like what we like ,I wouldnt tell everyone else they have to watch and support what I like and as everyone and their mother has been talking about it for weeks,I didn't miss out.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

"When England play cricket, i support England, when England play rugby, i support England, if a British rich boy does well at Wimbledon i support him. Same goes for snooker, darts and tiddly winks! If you think you're above supporting your country when we play football, fuck off. "

Just as well you have success at other things because football just isn't your sport

By *lbert_shlossedMan  over a year ago

Manchester

It's well and truly come home.

Not seen support like for this cup for decades.

And the Russians have done a great job at hosting one of the best and least troubled world cups ever.

Bring on the final and I hope Croatia go all the way

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"It's well and truly come home.

Not seen support like for this cup for decades.

And the Russians have done a great job at hosting one of the best and least troubled world cups ever.

Bring on the final and I hope Croatia go all the way "

That's how the other home nations enjoy their time at a tournament, to me it doesn't mean 'it's come home'.

I agree with Russia doing an amazing job hosting the WC been the best that I can remember.

I'd prefer Croatia to win but it's one game too many for them I think.

They have already played an extra game with x3 lots of extra time.

salisbury

"When England play cricket, i support England, when England play rugby, i support England, if a British rich boy does well at Wimbledon i support him. Same goes for snooker, darts and tiddly winks! If you think you're above supporting your country when we play football, fuck off.

Just as well you have success at other things because football just isn't your sport "

Didn't see you at the semi's?

"Some of us genuinely aren’t bothered about footsport. It’s not that we think we’re above it "

I'm the same. I did hope they'd win it, but I'm not bothered they haven't.

What really pisses me off is how people say "but you have to support your country", no I don't, and unless you watch every single sport that England takes part in, saying it to me makes no sense what so ever

kildare

"When England play cricket, i support England, when England play rugby, i support England, if a British rich boy does well at Wimbledon i support him. Same goes for snooker, darts and tiddly winks! If you think you're above supporting your country when we play football, fuck off.

Just as well you have success at other things because football just isn't your sport

Didn't see you at the semi's?"

But we don't go in with deluded expectations of winning it

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

OK. I support Ireland during the Six Nations.

salisbury

But we don't go in with deluded expectations of winning it"

Ah! You expect to lose! That explains it. An interesting mindset.

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

When I was five or six , we won the World Cup .

I remember the nation getting behind our boys . I recall our best striker getting injured ( Roger Hunt ) and being replaced for the rest of the tournament by a lesser known lad called Geoff Hurst .

Maybe if we had done the same thing after the Colombian game we may be talking of a second final . Because if Harry Kane wasn’t injured fir the Sweden and Croatia games , I’d like to know how a player goes from good to bad so quickly !

And herin lies the problem with supporting English football . We play with talismen and are afraid to lose them . Is it superstition ? Sponsorship ? I don’t know , but with a fully fit team we would have rolled Croatia over . That second half performance was nothing to be proud of , but it was everything we’ve come to expect from the English football team .

kildare

Ah! You expect to lose! That explains it. An interesting mindset. "

We don't expect to win the world cup that's true,why would we?

Why do england?

What team ever deserved to win it with which great players?

Fat gazza? Beckham?

By *eesideMan  over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

I happily surport any English team in any sport.

Onley difference is i no its just a game and no matter wot i do or say it won't change the score.

So i don't go about like a yelling screeming pac of baboons Yelling and throwing things just cos the teem on the tv is or is not winning.

salisbury

Ah! You expect to lose! That explains it. An interesting mindset.

We don't expect to win the world cup that's true,why would we?

Why do england?

What team ever deserved to win it with which great players?

Fat gazza? Beckham? "

I don't think any England fan has ever EXPECTED to win the world cup. Maybe you have an issue understanding the difference between HOPING and EXPECTING. However if you didn't hope to successfully achieve any undertaking, then why attempt it in the first place? How pleased would your boss be, if when you turned up for work, you told him you expected to fail to achieve your target for the day?

Go sports.

salisbury

"Go sports."

I wouldn't be surprised to see some French fan violence directed at Froome this year.

"Go sports.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some French fan violence directed at Froome this year."

Yeah, he got piss thrown at him a few tours ago, that was before any allegations, just hope he stays safe.

salisbury

"Go sports.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some French fan violence directed at Froome this year.

Yeah, he got piss thrown at him a few tours ago, that was before any allegations, just hope he stays safe. "

I'm pretty sure that guy who was thrown from his bike during the Vuelta a España was mistaken for Froome.

By *arnayguyMan  over a year ago

Durham Tees

"When I was five or six , we won the World Cup .

I remember the nation getting behind our boys . I recall our best striker getting injured ( Roger Hunt ) and being replaced for the rest of the tournament by a lesser known lad called Geoff Hurst .

Maybe if we had done the same thing after the Colombian game we may be talking of a second final . Because if Harry Kane wasn’t injured fir the Sweden and Croatia games , I’d like to know how a player goes from good to bad so quickly !

And herin lies the problem with supporting English football . We play with talismen and are afraid to lose them . Is it superstition ? Sponsorship ? I don’t know , but with a fully fit team we would have rolled Croatia over . That second half performance was nothing to be proud of , but it was everything we’ve come to expect from the English football team ."

It was Jimmy Greaves who got injured. Roger Hunt played in the final.

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/07/18 19:27:17]

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

I want England to win at whatever they are playing if its a team sport or a individual, I never get overly excited if they win or upset if they don't win,

But club over country every time when it comes to football

"Go sports.

Yeah, he got piss thrown at him a few tours ago, that was before any allegations, just hope he stays safe.

I'm pretty sure that guy who was thrown from his bike during the Vuelta a España was mistaken for Froome. "

Didn’t see that. He got through the Giro d’ Italia without incident, apart from a lad running beside him with a giant inhaler. It’s okay at the moment cause it’s mainly flat stages, it’s when they get to the mountains That some idiot will probably try something.

» Add a new message to this topic