FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The age of internet dating

The age of internet dating

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As we use more and more online dating sites and apps to meet, are we forgetting how to do it the traditional way, such as going to the pub or wine and dine?

Now a booty call is just a click away, whats your view?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

For me going to the pub and doing it the old fashioned way wasn’t much of an option. As a newly single parent with friends who were either married or single parents themselves who we all had trouble with childcare getting out in the evening was nigh on impossible. So internet dating was the way forward.

It wasn’t as easy as it’s made out to be, yes there is lots of interest but not always what I was looking for. X

"For me going to the pub and doing it the old fashioned way wasn’t much of an option. As a newly single parent with friends who were either married or single parents themselves who we all had trouble with childcare getting out in the evening was nigh on impossible. So internet dating was the way forward.

It wasn’t as easy as it’s made out to be, yes there is lots of interest but not always what I was looking for. X "

Pretty much this!

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

When I first used internet dating it was a pretty respectful place, met some really nice guys at the time. It’s changed over the years, probably since the introduction of Tinder. I find dating sites now considerably less respectful and all pretty much the same - regardless of pay sites or free. A slightly less tame version of fab maybe... those that have not yet discovered fab?

At least we all know what to expect here, does what it says on the tin - take it or leave it! This site suits my needs. If I find something more than NSA great but I’m not hopeful. There are some very nice guys here I have to say

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

That said ... quite a few guys here still enjoy the ‘ wine & dine’ experience even thought there’s usually an agenda!

Online dating has never really worked for me. I must have been doing it all wrong.

Much prefer meeting women out and about.

"That said ... quite a few guys here still enjoy the ‘ wine & dine’ experience even thought there’s usually an agenda! "

What agenda?

Good ones everyone

I think internet dating has gone downhill to what it was. Although I was a lot younger the last time I used it successfully, so that might be the difference.

I don’t have a very big social circle which was my main reason for trying online.

I'm 21 and online dating doesn't appeal to me at all.

Although I'd never been on a proper date till I met Dorian. The traditional way of dating is the way I prefer it.

~Mia

By *oelDorianMan  over a year ago

vanaheim

"For me going to the pub and doing it the old fashioned way wasn’t much of an option. As a newly single parent with friends who were either married or single parents themselves who we all had trouble with childcare getting out in the evening was nigh on impossible. So internet dating was the way forward.

It wasn’t as easy as it’s made out to be, yes there is lots of interest but not always what I was looking for. X "

I’m still like this I absolutely hate internet dating and it’s strange coming from someone my age.

Internet dating didn't work at all for me, if anything, Tinder and the like were even worse for time wasting Fab on the other hand:

C

Anyone want to come hotel tonight

Xx

By *eordieslutWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle

Me and my partner both like the tration way sorry about my spelling

[Removed by poster at 08/07/18 19:41:19]

By *iscean MaleMan  over a year ago

Darlaston

Peoples "motives" have changed partly over the years.

As people have mentioned earlier and I agree, on line dating years ago was that..dating, meet and chat. I found generally people were more honest, genuine, sincere and wanted to meet years ago compared to today.

"That said ... quite a few guys here still enjoy the ‘ wine & dine’ experience even thought there’s usually an agenda! "

Well thats obviously your filthy "thoughts" working overdrive!

By *weet-cheeks100Woman  over a year ago

Staffordshire

Internet dating isn’t that much different from meeting guys in the ‘real world’.

I’ve found that the older I’m getting more men (not all I hasten to add!) are married, in a relationship, or just after a fuck.

In my experience!

By *orthantsblueeyesMan  over a year ago

Northampton

I use internet dating as when I go out I do so to enjoy my friends' company... And also beer

"Online dating has never really worked for me. I must have been doing it all wrong.

Much prefer meeting women out and about."

Ye can't beat a bit of flesh & blood

"Anyone want to come hotel tonight

Xx"

Just causally dropping it in!

"Internet dating isn’t that much different from meeting guys in the ‘real world’.

I’ve found that the older I’m getting more men (not all I hasten to add!) are married, in a relationship, or just after a fuck.

In my experience!

"

In that respect, do you expect women to be any different?

Just interested

Xx

Just causally dropping it in!"

love the laughs on here ......

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"That said ... quite a few guys here still enjoy the ‘ wine & dine’ experience even thought there’s usually an agenda!

What agenda?"

A bedroom agenda!

By *weet-cheeks100Woman  over a year ago

Staffordshire

"Internet dating isn’t that much different from meeting guys in the ‘real world’.

In my experience!

Just interested "

I have no idea, as I’m not looking for one.

By *lenderfoxMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Internet dating is hit & miss, though i've met some great people through it.

Traditional dating is difficult once all your friends are getting married and you don't go out every weekend

"As we use more and more online dating sites and apps to meet, are we forgetting how to do it the traditional way, such as going to the pub or wine and dine?

Now a booty call is just a click away, whats your view? "

I haven't forgotten, its just I don't often get the opportunity to do it the traditional way...

also a booty call is not always a click away either as most people have to do a lot of hoop jumping before they get anywhere

In my experience!

Just interested

I have no idea, as I’m not looking for one. "

My thoughts exactly !

"Peoples "motives" have changed partly over the years.

As people have mentioned earlier and I agree, on line dating years ago was that..dating, meet and chat. I found generally people were more honest, genuine, sincere and wanted to meet years ago compared to today. "

I agree. I met my ex husband of 10 years on dating direct and 2 previous bf’s from online dating sites. It was very different back then. You focused on one person at a time.

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Xx

Just causally dropping it in!"

I bet he has a queue outside his hotel room now !

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Internet has served its purpose over the years for us , but we way prefer meeting people in a bar or out and about in the real,world now

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Never used internet dating and never will

Why do people think I've been watching all those pick up videos? Online dating is a mess. It's clear that offline is the new online. It's time to get out, grow a pair of balls, and start talking to women again. Sounds scary? You know what, anything that's worth doing always does

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

[Removed by poster at 09/07/18 10:17:14]

Coventry

It wasn’t as easy as it’s made out to be, yes there is lots of interest but not always what I was looking for. X

Pretty much this!"

Pretty much this as well.

Internet dating is like eBay for meat

Coventry

"Internet dating is like eBay for meat "

It's like eBay in the fact that you have so many more options avalible to you than what you may find in one shop. Luckily you down have to pay FAB commission every time you meet someone.

In that respect as a single parent with young children without the time or freedom to get out much thats why I favour internet shopping. So the same followed with dating. Now I am no longer single and we never would have crossed paths in a bar.

» Add a new message to this topic