FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > a question for IT literate people

a question for IT literate people

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ummy mummy OP   Woman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

well, did not really know how to word my thread title...here's my question...

I was chatting with a guy from another site after a few messages we exchanged msn addys and started to chat there.it soon became clear that all he was after was wanting to see me on cam,something i am not into and after a few polite sorry,not my thing,not going on cam he came back with threats that if I did not turn my cam on that I had been online with him long enough that he could hack into my pc and cuase loads of shit...now...not being all that technologically savy beyond the basics, I had no way of knowing if this was actually possible or if he was just trying to scare me.Is it? I ended up blocking him and then changing all my passwords...was I just being silly and paranoid?

signed clueless down south

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

it is possible if he was checking your ip address n gateways unlikly but posible you did right better safe than sorry

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Highly unlikely he'd be able to do anything, just a grumpy so-and-so making one last ditch effort to get his way

What a tosser, really knows his way to a ladies erogenous zone eh!

xx

What a charmer, sounds like he was just chancing his arm. I'm not a techno geek but know it's unlikely any foul play has taken place. Plus, you have taken steps to make it harder even if he did, changing passwords etc is a wise move even in everyday internet use.

southampton-ish

[Removed by poster at 18/11/11 23:02:20]

southampton-ish

tell me about it ! it went from "aww please babe...just let me see you before I g to bed...please babe...just a quick look..." to "Right look go on cam! either u do or i will send your pc shit through your email and hack your pc

and no its not a joke ...I have done it before"

what a clown, gives us fellas a bad rep

If you have a firewall running there is no way he could get into your pc without you knowing about it. Assuming he actually had the ability to hack, which, if he does, he'd have already done it long before threatening you with it cos hackers are like that, they can't help themselves.

I'd pay no more mind to it than you would treading on a bug, although that fate would be far too good for him.

Rest easy, he was just an armchair warrior issuing threats from the safety of his wanking chair in a dingy little corner of his bedroom.

southampton-ish

"If you have a firewall running there is no way he could get into your pc without you knowing about it. Assuming he actually had the ability to hack, which, if he does, he'd have already done it long before threatening you with it cos hackers are like that, they can't help themselves.

I'd pay no more mind to it than you would treading on a bug, although that fate would be far too good for him.

Rest easy, he was just an armchair warrior issuing threats from the safety of his wanking chair in a dingy little corner of his bedroom."

thanks for putting my mind at ease...I think 99% of me thought the same but that 1% paranoia crept in and I spent the next hour changing all my passwords...lol

"If you have a firewall running there is no way he could get into your pc without you knowing about it. Assuming he actually had the ability to hack, which, if he does, he'd have already done it long before threatening you with it cos hackers are like that, they can't help themselves.

Rest easy, he was just an armchair warrior issuing threats from the safety of his wanking chair in a dingy little corner of his bedroom."

with his inflatable g/f

Rest easy, he was just an armchair warrior issuing threats from the safety of his wanking chair in a dingy little corner of his bedroom.

with his inflatable g/f"

Nah, she left him.

Fook he must have been some crap shag then if a blow up left

He cheated on her. She said he'd let her down. Ba dum chh...

southampton-ish

"He cheated on her. She said he'd let her down. Ba dum chh..."

hehehehehe

changing your passwords wont help if he sends malicious email content and you then open it.... but lets face it, he clearly isnt the sharpest implement in the cyber warrior knife drawer if he tells you in advance how he intends to infiltrate you (!!) D'oh!!

ignore, block, delete... you stay safe, he stays a sad little numpty....

totally deflated by his performance B'Boom, thank you very much, I'm here all week.

She didn't actually leave him. It was an empty threat.

Like a lot of angry girlfriends, turns out she was just full of hot air

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

If you have a router that provides one level of protection, and then a firewall on the PC provides another.

Biggest risk would be if they know your email addy and you open links, or have HTML view on by default.

99.99% of the time it is empty threats.

"well, did not really know how to word my thread title...here's my question...

I was chatting with a guy from another site after a few messages we exchanged msn addys and started to chat there.it soon became clear that all he was after was wanting to see me on cam,something i am not into and after a few polite sorry,not my thing,not going on cam he came back with threats that if I did not turn my cam on that I had been online with him long enough that he could hack into my pc and cuase loads of shit...now...not being all that technologically savy beyond the basics, I had no way of knowing if this was actually possible or if he was just trying to scare me.Is it? I ended up blocking him and then changing all my passwords...was I just being silly and paranoid?

signed clueless down south "

I would ignore but if you are really worried contact the police as its border liner harassment.

southampton-ish

thanks for all the comments

I think its only possible if you agree to share your pc though don't quote me on that. Had it been me, I would have said "go on then" and I suspect he would have backed down but it is a reason I won't use msn so I don't give out my email addy on here unless I absolutely trust them

And..........im so glad i read this thread cuz i thought it said....question for illiterate people

phewwwwwwwww i was dreading the answers

shame you cna not name and shame on here, that way others will be aware of him.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"shame you cna not name and shame on here, that way others will be aware of him."
i thought she said he was from another site

she did sorry misread,i still would name and shame from the site anyways, it warns others.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

" she did sorry misread,i still would name and shame from the site anyways, it warns others."
yes but no way to stop people abusing it

southampton-ish

i did report him to the admin of the other site...not sure they will do anything about it, but at least i tried

By *orkieMan  over a year ago

Who knows

He would actually have to send you something, either an email, an attachment or a link, which would then give a malicious script access to your operating system.

A good firewall will stop any attempts to get in via your IP address.

Keep away from any facebook posts even from your friends that tell you to "look what happened to this person / in this video etc" as that is malware which allows your account to be hacked.

Hope this helps ya

And the moral of this story is NEVER add anyone you really dont know or trust to msn

* rEtuRnS tO tHe GraVe *

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Post his Email on here and we can all spam him

By *littylikka69Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

some right tossers about aren't there?.

» Add a new message to this topic