FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Supermarkets !!

Supermarkets !!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rumpyMcFuckNugget OP   Man  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

As I was in a rush yesterday I nipped to Lidl for my footy beers. And I must say it was rather nice , I may try it for my shopping now , but my question is ......

What supermarket do you shop with and why ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why do you care

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

We don't, we use local independents with an occasional trip to a co-op if needed.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Lidl had stock of some of my fav Belgian beers recently.

Corsondonk, Piraat & Guoden Carlous. That's the only time I shop there though. They often get little gems like that in.

I'm a Sainsbury's (closest to me) & Waitrose shopper usually.

Den of Iniquity

"Why do you care "
Because I am actually interested in other people's lifes and opinions and thoughts on subjects . I'm thinking of changing how I shop and I wanted some opinions . Simples .

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I rarely use Aldi, Asda and Sainsbury.

I stick to Lidl, Tesco and Morrissons. They all excell in different ways

"Why do you care Because I am actually interested in other people's lifes and opinions and thoughts on subjects . I'm thinking of changing how I shop and I wanted some opinions . Simples ."

Okay then, here we go. I shop online and can’t wait for Amazon to start selling food

By *utsidenakedMan  over a year ago

Dorchester

I use lidle and Morrisons, only in certain towns as they are great for shopping and meeting nice women,most my women are met in the supermatket

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

I dont get why some folk are so snotty about aldi and lidl ...my friend will not go into either ... there's some good bargains to be had .My favourite is lidl ... there fruit and veg is so fresh ... and a good price ..

Den of Iniquity

"Why do you care Because I am actually interested in other people's lifes and opinions and thoughts on subjects . I'm thinking of changing how I shop and I wanted some opinions . Simples .

Okay then, here we go. I shop online and can’t wait for Amazon to start selling food "

Cool

I prefer morrisons or M&S. Shop mainly in tescos or coop but purely due to convenience as they are closest

Den of Iniquity

"I dont get why some folk are so snotty about aldi and lidl ...my friend will not go into either ... there's some good bargains to be had .My favourite is lidl ... there fruit and veg is so fresh ... and a good price .."
I agree totally . I must admit I don't get Waitrose though , grossly expensive , is it a status thing ??

Den of Iniquity

"I prefer morrisons or M&S. Shop mainly in tescos or coop but purely due to convenience as they are closest "
I wish you were closer

Sainsbury’s, because it’s the closest.

Cardiff

"I dont get why some folk are so snotty about aldi and lidl ...my friend will not go into either ... there's some good bargains to be had .My favourite is lidl ... there fruit and veg is so fresh ... and a good price .. I agree totally . I must admit I don't get Waitrose though , grossly expensive , is it a status thing ?? "

It's very good quality.

The brand's are price matched. Heinz, Walkers etc

By *andonmessMan  over a year ago

A world all of his own

"Sainsbury’s, because it’s the closest. "

Tescos for me, for the same reason. Used to be Sainsbury's when that was the closest but it's too far of a trek now that I've moved.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

For us it's a mixture of Aldis, Farmfoods, Co-op and Morrisons, depending on whether it's a big shop to stock the freezer and cupboards (first 2 and Morrison's) or just popping in for something (local small co-op).

"Why do you care Because I am actually interested in other people's lifes and opinions and thoughts on subjects . I'm thinking of changing how I shop and I wanted some opinions . Simples .

Okay then, here we go. I shop online and can’t wait for Amazon to start selling food "

Erm they already do!!

Okay then, here we go. I shop online and can’t wait for Amazon to start selling food

Erm they already do!!"

Not everything Tommy

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Out of necessity Tesco is where most of our shopping is done - mainly because it's the only decent sized supermarket in town.

Do often go further afield to Lidl/Aldi as well as all the others.

Don't understand the snobbery about Aldi/Lidl though - often their stuff is better quality than Tesco own brand - had a Xmas turkey from one of them a few years ago and not only was it markedly cheaper than Tesco but was nicer too!!

Den of Iniquity

Seems a pretty mixed bag atm . Does seem that locality has a part to play

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Tesco is nearest , so we use them mostly .

However Asda is 24 hour so we often pop in there after a night out to pick up bits and pieces .

Sainsburys now and again too .

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Never use them during opening hours -me and my mates prefer ram raiding them after hours -so much cheaper that way

Cardiff

I usually get about £30 back from Tesco by the time Christmas comes.

It's a great little bonus.

This year I will be getting about £15 from Morrisons aswell.

I can make that stretch a long way on food between Christmas and New Year.

Big leg of Lamb, Big lump of Beef - thanks guys

"I usually get about £30 back from Tesco by the time Christmas comes."

You should try my method -I get a lot more back than that -every little helps i suppose

"I usually get about £30 back from Tesco by the time Christmas comes.

You should try my method -I get a lot more back than that -every little helps i suppose"

You will be in prison if you keep on like this Tommy

Cardiff

You should try my method -I get a lot more back than that -every little helps i suppose"

Do you drive a moped?

Gangsta by day, Pizza hot 4U by night?

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

This is a shameless and obvious attempt to psychologically profile posters. Do not reveal your true preference it's one step away hacking your profile.

Asda.

Den of Iniquity

"This is a shameless and obvious attempt to psychologically profile posters. Do not reveal your true preference it's one step away hacking your profile.

Asda.

"

"I Do you drive a moped?

Gangsta by day, Pizza hot 4U by night?"

No only a pickup

"I Do you drive a moped?

Gangsta by day, Pizza hot 4U by night?

No only a pickup"

Special toppings?

I mainly use Asda, but do go in home bargains for some things. Aldi is good for some things but don’t have everything I need. X

"Special toppings? "

In my line of business you can't be to choosy

Aldi, closest and cheaper. And fast tills!

Amazon do sell food!

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Any shop that I happen to be nearest to. Mostly from my local shop.

Den of Iniquity

"Any shop that I happen to be nearest to. Mostly from my local shop. "

By *_Yeah19Couple  over a year ago

Lincoln

Mostly Tesco as it has everything I need, is close and I like the self scan thing so I don’t need to interact with anyone

Sometimes Lidl/Aldi as they are also close and good value, but there’s always things I can’t get so have to still pop elsewhere which is annoying.

Pop to Farmfoods and Iceland sometimes too to stock up on frozen veg and meat as they have some good deals.

Do like Asda but too far away to go regularly and I always buy more so spend more! Morrison’s I don’t mind now and again just for a change, good meat offerings there too.

TB

Aldi for vegatables and Greek yoghurt

Lidl for meat, cheeses and deli items

Tesco for artisan bread

Morrisons for black pudding

Farmfoods for coffee

Home Bargins for creams and spinach

Yeah, I think I may need an hobby!

Den of Iniquity

"Mostly Tesco as it has everything I need, is close and I like the self scan thing so I don’t need to interact with anyone

Sometimes Lidl/Aldi as they are also close and good value, but there’s always things I can’t get so have to still pop elsewhere which is annoying.

Pop to Farmfoods and Iceland sometimes too to stock up on frozen veg and meat as they have some good deals.

Do like Asda but too far away to go regularly and I always buy more so spend more! Morrison’s I don’t mind now and again just for a change, good meat offerings there too.

TB"

Which one do u get your Euro millions from ??

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Living only a 10 min walk from the City Centre, I've got Tesco, Sainsburys, M&S, Aldi, Lidl, Farmfoods & Iceland to choose from. Mostly it's Tesco & Farmfoods for me

I mainly shop in tesco as its at the end of my road. But i love having a nose in them all when i can. There are certain things in some shops i prefer to other shops, such as asda do different fizzy drinks, waitrose does the most amazing chargrilled artichokes and some amazing healthy foods. Etc

Lincoln

"Mostly Tesco as it has everything I need, is close and I like the self scan thing so I don’t need to interact with anyone

TB Which one do u get your Euro millions from ?? "

Usually online!

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man  over a year ago

Stourbridge

They have been doing so for around 3 years. I have been involved in the logistics planning

It's a great little bonus.

This year I will be getting about £15 from Morrisons aswell.

I can make that stretch a long way on food between Christmas and New Year.

Big leg of Lamb, Big lump of Beef - thanks guys"

Big lump of Beef should be a username

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I don't really shop

Amazon do sell food

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"As I was in a rush yesterday I nipped to Lidl for my footy beers. And I must say it was rather nice , I may try it for my shopping now , but my question is ......

What supermarket do you shop with and why ??"

Their craft beers are nice too, and of course the Rhubarb and Ginger gin, why pay more!! But I like Waitrose better.

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

I will not order food via the Internet .... I like to see what im buying thank you very much

"As I was in a rush yesterday I nipped to Lidl for my footy beers. And I must say it was rather nice , I may try it for my shopping now , but my question is ......

What supermarket do you shop with and why ??"

I use the co-op as i can get 10% student discount on every shop i do, and tesco as it is only about 5 mins up the road

Den of Iniquity

Their craft beers are nice too, and of course the Rhubarb and Ginger gin, why pay more!! But I like Waitrose better."

Den of Iniquity

I use the co-op as i can get 10% student discount on every shop i do, and tesco as it is only about 5 mins up the road "

Why not

Lincoln

TB Which one do u get your Euro millions from ??

Usually online!"

Erm, it’s me that get the lottery and have been doing for the past 5 years

SSS

Lincoln

Usually online!"

And in answer to your question, the BP garage near where I used to live as had about 6 small wins in a row in once lol

Den of Iniquity

Usually online!

Erm, it’s me that get the lottery and have been doing for the past 5 years

SSS "

Haha

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

For my main shop I go to Aldi but might try the new Lidl when it opens but only because they are having a bakery.

I go to Sainsbury's for the few thing I can't get in Aldi and m&s when I'm feeling frivolous!! (Rarely!!)

Right now it’s the local Mercadona

» Add a new message to this topic