FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > A little miracle

A little miracle

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *obbytupper OP   Man  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

The junior football team and their coach have been found alive in caves in Thailand after ten days being trapped by flooding. Wonderful news!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The junior football team and their coach have been found alive in caves in Thailand after ten days being trapped by flooding. Wonderful news! "

It is good news. The coach's engine has probably flooded.

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Why were they in a cave ??

Menston near Ilkley

"Why were they in a cave ??"

Sightseeing!

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Great news but could take a good few weeks to rescue them. At least they are able to give them food and energy gels.

BBC news have just said it could be weeks before they are released though due to flooding.

Menston near Ilkley

At least they're safe, experts are saying it would be very dangerous to attempt a rescue via scuba diving and safer to wait for the rainy season to end. They seemed in good spirits despite their ordeal.

Having survived ten days in pitch darkness without food is remarkable in itself, it would be tragic to now put them in further danger by rushing to get them out, so the long game is probably the wisest.

By *atindollTV/TS  over a year ago

edinburgh

Brought a tear to my eye....brave little guys...and the divers reaction and kind words on finding them.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Wow wow wow.

Such amazing news. I admit when I heard the story yesterday I didn't think there would be anything positive to come of it, I'm so glad I've been proved wrong

British expert knowledge wins the day again.

Just hope they can see the sun again soon.

They can teach them all to scuba dive in 4 days.So they'll be out soon.

"They can teach them all to scuba dive in 4 days.So they'll be out soon. "

Unlikely they can teach them to get through quite a technical cave system unlit and unaccompanied in 4 days given that it took some very experienced divers to get in and find them.

Sadly I fear thus still might not have a happy ending aa getting them out will be extremely difficult but potentially a necessity if water levels consider to rise or conditions in the cave deteriorate

By *itvclaireTV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

"British expert knowledge wins the day again.

"

It’s fantastic they have been found alive. Heard it on the news last night. Britain do have some amazing trained search and rescue teams. So many times in various types of disaster. It a British team that has been called in.

XX

By *umpsimusMan  over a year ago

Camberley

Best news this year

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

So were they pot holing ?....

I did it once many years ago ....its very dangerous ....

"They can teach them all to scuba dive in 4 days.So they'll be out soon.

Unlikely they can teach them to get through quite a technical cave system unlit and unaccompanied in 4 days given that it took some very experienced divers to get in and find them.

Sadly I fear thus still might not have a happy ending aa getting them out will be extremely difficult but potentially a necessity if water levels consider to rise or conditions in the cave deteriorate "

Finding them was hard .They will lay guide lines to get them out.Ive done many cave dives and wreck penetrations.Getting lost and running out of air is what kills you.Now the route is known this is less likely to happen.Training them in a cave won't be easy but seems the quickest route out.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

They just said it may take months to get them out

"They can teach them all to scuba dive in 4 days.So they'll be out soon.

Sadly I fear thus still might not have a happy ending aa getting them out will be extremely difficult but potentially a necessity if water levels consider to rise or conditions in the cave deteriorate

Finding them was hard .They will lay guide lines to get them out.Ive done many cave dives and wreck penetrations.Getting lost and running out of air is what kills you.Now the route is known this is less likely to happen.Training them in a cave won't be easy but seems the quickest route out."

The kids are malnourished can't swim and trapped in a cave. Everyone commenting is saying that it may be safer to leave them Thete for 4 months so despite your experience I'm really not convinced by your assertion they can be taught to scuba dive in 4 days

» Add a new message to this topic