FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Legally robbed

Legally robbed

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just had my car insurance renewal

Ouch

It's amazing what a difference a post code can make, hardly surprising so many people take the risk of driving without it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Tell me about it buddy

By *100Man  over a year ago

Essex

I always use that opera singing man comparison site and just go for the cheapest to keep it legal

"I always use that opera singing man comparison site and just go for the cheapest to keep it legal "

Meerkats are cheaper from insurance to utilities.. I love meerkats

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Age UK now lol

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

Over the last few years the insurance quotes to re-new were actually getting more expensive even with the fact we had several years with the same insurer.

Eventually we canceled and went on a comparison website and got a quote for the same cover and a discount for the three years no claims £300 cheaper per year.

Would never use the little red telephone company again

"Over the last few years the insurance quotes to re-new were actually getting more expensive even with the fact we had several years with the same insurer.

Eventually we canceled and went on a comparison website and got a quote for the same cover and a discount for the three years no claims £300 cheaper per year.

Would never use the little red telephone company again "

Shopping around is the best policy

Tell me about it 3 grand a year mine

"Tell me about it 3 grand a year mine"

What do you drive?

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Whiplash that's what you need, or otherwise know as cash back.

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Been with same red telephone company for 18 years. Got fed up of constant increase.

Asked a meerkat and saved £350 a year.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Three compare site same company cheapest on all 3, £900 - £1200 fully comp price variance is ridiculous.

Those annoying little creatures were the cheapest, least I get my 2-4-1 cinema tickets

By *nicorn and TigerCouple  over a year ago

South East London

I’ve never found the comparison sites to be that cheap, I’ve just renewed mine with my current company who use a lot of green and yellow in their logo and used to be named after a place in Norfolk and the renewal was still about £30 cheaper than any of the comparison sites were offering

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I forgot to shop around this year and when I did finally get round to checking it out the cheeky swines had put it up £70!!

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

We changed our car, rang to amend policy. They wanted the £600 for the year, this is Saga. Went on line to get a quote as a new customer, £217! Rang them back and they set up a new policy at this amount, crazy! Done the same with buildings insurance with Lloyds, renewal was £319, done a new quote, £99! So changed that as well!

I always use the meerkats and usually find the exact same policy for a lot less including pet insurance, when I questioned them I was told its because I am a new customer when I go on line and therefore get extra discounts wtf

By *opping_candyWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

As a 34 year old who's never had a license and lives in one of those not great postcode areas, I now find myself just about in the position to be able to afford to finish learning and buy a little runaround...but the price of insurance is prohibitively high

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

If my insurance company can suddenly drop their quote to match someone elses, ill go with the new company on principle.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"If my insurance company can suddenly drop their quote to match someone elses, ill go with the new company on principle."

"As a 34 year old who's never had a license and lives in one of those not great postcode areas, I now find myself just about in the position to be able to afford to finish learning and buy a little runaround...but the price of insurance is prohibitively high "

I passed just over 2 years ago. Mine came in at 650 for first year.. didn't take a black box either.

By *ky19Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

I'm pissed that I'm 34, have 14 years no claims (never made one) but because I am a single male and do delivery driving under company insurance, amongst other things, I pay over £1000. I feel like I'm paying a second time what the company has already paid for and feel a bit hard done by

By *opping_candyWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

"As a 34 year old who's never had a license and lives in one of those not great postcode areas, I now find myself just about in the position to be able to afford to finish learning and buy a little runaround...but the price of insurance is prohibitively high

I passed just over 2 years ago. Mine came in at 650 for first year.. didn't take a black box either. "

I have spent a considerable amount of time playing around with mock quotes using all sorts of different scenarios and cars. It's always come out at just under or just over £2k for me.

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

Auto renewals can be very costly, I check every year the renewal against a comparison site and make the phone call if there's a significant difference..

T.he only saving grace for being a certain age..with a clean license and full no claims bonus.. cheap car insurance..

Full Compo I pay less than 350 on my car, and less than 400 for my van.. hang in there folks old comes with certain benefits ..well one at least.

By *ransGuyTV/TS  over a year ago

Cardiff

"If my insurance company can suddenly drop their quote to match someone elses, ill go with the new company on principle."

Haha I did that. Got my renewal quote through from Admiral, went to Hastings as they were around £200 cheaper. I phoned to cancel with Admiral who said they could lower the cost and I refused to stay - if they can lower the cost why didn't they in the renewal quote? Hastings dropped the cost at my last renewal date, OK only by £20 but still at least they didn't try to take more money than the insurance actually costs.

By *atindollTV/TS  over a year ago

edinburgh

I'm a taxi driver and if a person crashes into me...even though I'm blameless...that raises my own personal premium on my own car...its not even my insurance in the taxi...so unfair.

By *ocks99Man  over a year ago

Reading

"I'm pissed that I'm 34, have 14 years no claims (never made one) but because I am a single male and do delivery driving under company insurance, amongst other things, I pay over £1000. I feel like I'm paying a second time what the company has already paid for and feel a bit hard done by "

Put a safe driver (parent? Female partner?) on your policy. Your seen as a better risk, even if they never drive the car. Saved me about 10% a year....

"Tell me about it 3 grand a year mine

What do you drive? "

Its for motor Trade policy but got six points aswell

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Try NFU. They are good at dealing with problem Postcode areas. That is, they will have agents who know your area but within which, they'll know the better parts, if it's a large Postcode size wise!

The other mainstream Insurers will only tie you into the overall Postcode.

Avoid renewing your insurance at the last minute; do it sooner than later and you'll get better deals.

The Price Comparison sites are generally part of or own the Insurers anyway so don't necessarily offer the best rates.

"Try NFU. They are good at dealing with problem Postcode areas. That is, they will have agents who know your area but within which, they'll know the better parts, if it's a large Postcode size wise!

The other mainstream Insurers will only tie you into the overall Postcode.

Avoid renewing your insurance at the last minute; do it sooner than later and you'll get better deals.

The Price Comparison sites are generally part of or own the Insurers anyway so don't necessarily offer the best rates."

NFU are also the Which insurer of the year.

Op. I think your occupation would increase your premium. It’s an occupation that’s rated higher

By *rank n BettyCouple  over a year ago

Not meeting

I’m about to add a learner driver to my policy

B x

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

Vehicle insurance really irritates me!

I drove my car on L plates for 6 months before I passed my test. Come renewal time, every insurer that I contacted refused to count any no claims at all, even though I had six months as a learner and 6 months after passing my test the only insurer who wasn’t ridiculously expensive was my current one who put the cost of my insurance up by 50%

I’ve also just had my renewal quote for my Vespa. I’ve cancelled anyway as I’m selling it but would most definitely be looking elsewhere if I wasn’t. A policy which cost me £80 last year has suddenly jumped to £100 to renew, despite me having 4 years no claims, never having an accident and the scooter sitting in the garage unused for the last year as I’ve used my car instead!

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"Just had my car insurance renewal

Ouch

It's amazing what a difference a post code can make, hardly surprising so many people take the risk of driving without it"

Time to change your insurancer me thinks and, que fat bloke singer #Go Compare

» Add a new message to this topic