FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Beer belly

Beer belly

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi guys.. I want serious advice.. I've not got time for the gym so that's out question.. how do I lose a pretty horrible looking big beer belly??

I used slimming world last year and I lost a stone but I've put it all back on.. I want to be flattish stomached by next summer

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

healthy diet, consume less calories than you burn.

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

Eat well, Diet

and lay of the beers

"healthy diet, consume less calories than you burn. "

problem is people tend not to want to hear the real solution.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Stop drinking the beer

How much time do you have spare? You can get a decent work out done in 30 minutes, do you have that before work? Running is free, can you run or even cycle? Otherwise yeah just move more, consume less calories.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just with havin my kids as an when times spent with them. And it's easier to order takeaway when they are with me

Drink more beer

Beer belly disappears

I’ve never been self conscious when pissed

By *juk72Man  over a year ago

Reading

There are no quick fixes (that last) I know the struggle.

Find a way of eating and exercising that works for you.

The old thing about eating less and exercising more is true. If there are psychological reasons for eating / drinking too much look at addressing them otherwise they will always be there and will usually win over will power.

For me snacking and drinking were/are about boredom / distraction. So am constantly checking in and making sure i'm occupied with things that interest me.

And being conscious about what i eat and when / if I actually need it.

Exercise doesn't have to be hours at the gym, it just needs to be more than you are doing now, but don't fall into the eating more 'because you have exercised' the whole point is to burn what you have not burn a little and over top up.

Best of luck to you.

"Drink more beer

Beer belly disappears

I’ve never been self conscious when pissed"

Seems to make you slim, Sam.

By *hreesAParty26Couple  over a year ago

Durham

Metafit is great for burning fat and never last longer than half an hour. Easy to fit into a daily routine. Even doing that twice a week and eating healthier should help. I swear by high intensity interval training. Started at metafit once a week and built it up

You did slimming world so you know the answer ... if you can’t find time to exercise then you can’t find time to live.

The only thing between you and a flat stomach is you. The time it took you to type and post this thread you could have walked up and down the stairs or jogged on the spot.

Less calories in and more energy out ... thank you

Stop drinking.

Or if extreme measures are required. Drink loads in one session. I mean seriously loads. Go up to the plastic gangster in the pub (you know who he is every pub has one) call him a twat and wait for his mates to break your jaw. Go to hospital they wire your jaw shut and hey presto. Instant weight loss. I lost 4 stone with this method and kept it off !

Good luck and i thank you in advance

"Drink more beer

Beer belly disappears

Seems to make you slim, Sam. "

I’m gonna bum you one of these days

By *ANDA2Couple  over a year ago

Henley Arden

"Just with havin my kids as an when times spent with them. And it's easier to order takeaway when they are with me"

A local takeaway takes about 15-30 minutes from order to arrive. In that time you can cook a healthy meal from fresh ingredients and save money.

Jamie’s 5 ingredients recipes and GI Diet book will help.

Plus if you involve them it’s great fun and they are eating healthy too along with food education.

"Drink more beer

Beer belly disappears

Seems to make you slim, Sam.

I’m gonna bum you one of these days "

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

What's so bad about a beer belly anyway? Accept it, learn to like yourself as you are THEN start making small changes to your diet.

Eat healthy, lay off the beer, get a bit more exercise.

Take the kids for long walks, swimming, ice skating, whatever it is you can do...

Stop fretting about the beer belly. They will love you whatever shape you are

With the kids:

Get them engaged with cooking and food if they are 6+. It'll do you and them good.

If you can, take them out into the countryside. Again its good for you and them, mentally and physically.

For you:

Better nutrition. Thats easy in this day and age, healthier options are getting cheaper and more varied despite what people say. Its the willingness to prepare and knowledge of food nutrition which people lack.

Plenty of fresh fruit snd veg.

Lean protein

Wholemeal carbs

Healthy fats

Lots of water

Try to mimimise fizzy drinks and alcohol

In terms of excersise:

If you have a gym near home or work you can easily get a good workout done in 30-40 mins. In fact for most people this is the best amount of time for them to remain focused.

If a gym isnt an option.

You have the choice of running, cycling, buy a running, rowing or cycling machine at home.

You can get good results with body weight squats, pressups, pull ups and if you get a kettlebell weight you can do a bit more.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

"Just with havin my kids as an when times spent with them. And it's easier to order takeaway when they are with me

A local takeaway takes about 15-30 minutes from order to arrive. In that time you can cook a healthy meal from fresh ingredients and save money.

Jamie’s 5 ingredients recipes and GI Diet book will help.

Plus if you involve them it’s great fun and they are eating healthy too along with food education. "

In that vein - when my nipper stays with me, we often have steak and chips. You can get a really nice bit of steak from a nice butchers for half the price of a takeaway. Bung in some oven chips and in reality, you spend about 5 minutes actually cooking. Bung on some salad and it's reasonably healthy/balanced.

By *esus H ChristMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Walk more, cycle get the kids involved, eat less, drink less.......I eat crap I won't deny but I don't drink and I walk/cycle everyday......

No beer and lower the junk food drink loads of water! Some dieting pills will make the weight drop off you just be careful to which ones.

Change your eating lifestyle

Stop drinking lager or beer stick to clear spirits with soda water or fiet tonic

A take out or convincence food doesnt happen often as I prefer to cook. I work over 50 hours a week so no excuses and get kids involved in the prep (make it fun)

"No beer and lower the junk food drink loads of water! Some dieting pills will make the weight drop off you just be careful to which ones."

I would never advocate pills or slim fast culture

Gym. Slimming world or weight watchers and healthy eating

Drink pure alcohol instead (fat free)

Stop drinking and avoid carbs.

By *wingfellowMan  over a year ago

my own little sanctuary

Glass of orange juice in the morning a half hour before you have breakfast and set meal times, replace snacking habits with celery and eat a lot of chicken (not fried) for the protein. Also do some kind of sit-up or press-up routine each morning and evening, just keep track of your ability and push yourself. That’s what I did when I lost my weight, I used to weight roughly 25% more than I do now. Best advice I can give is just identify your bad habits, replace them and find some home workout that targets specific muscle groups where a good proportion of your weight sits.

Tez

» Add a new message to this topic