FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I don’t fancy you

I don’t fancy you

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How honest are you to people who message? Perhaps not the first time, perhaps you’re polite and make up something to ease the blow? However I have noticed the same old people Keep looking at me and then message again a few weeks later and I want to be totally frank and say ´I don’t find you attractive’ is that harsh?

I could block but my block list is quite long already

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I ignore those I've no interest in. I don't see the point in entering into meaningless chat with them only to tell them something negative.

Better to tell them straight, but not say "no thanks ugly" Leave no ambiguity in the message, and subsequent block to end any chance of nasty, insulting comebacks.

"I ignore those I've no interest in. I don't see the point in entering into meaningless chat with them only to tell them something negative. "

Yep me too

"People who message..."... no, sorry, I don't understand what you're saying.

By *s_macWoman  over a year ago

Traffic land

"I ignore those I've no interest in. I don't see the point in entering into meaningless chat with them only to tell them something negative. "

Me too. Some won’t care, but some might and that’s what I want to avoid

"How honest are you to people who message? Perhaps not the first time, perhaps you’re polite and make up something to ease the blow? However I have noticed the same old people Keep looking at me and then message again a few weeks later and I want to be totally frank and say ´I don’t find you attractive’ is that harsh?

I could block but my block list is quite long already "

I just block them.

Is there a maximum?

Asking for a friend

"How honest are you to people who message? Perhaps not the first time, perhaps you’re polite and make up something to ease the blow? However I have noticed the same old people Keep looking at me and then message again a few weeks later and I want to be totally frank and say ´I don’t find you attractive’ is that harsh?

Why is there a limit on the amount of blocks you can have?

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

I just ignore after the 2nd no thankyou message and if they continue then block.....sometimes you just have to

I believe honesty is the best policy. I'm mature enough to take a no thankyou as long as it's polite(though I do realize some on here can't handle that)

I just block them.

Is there a maximum?

Asking for a friend "

Haha I don’t know, I’d like to know

Is ´I don’t find you attractive’ harsh? Surely it’s accurate. I’m sure I’m not everyones cup of tea

Not harsh at all.. I normally say no thanks and happy fabbin but they get so abusive

By *inkyLondonpairCouple  over a year ago

London

"Is ´I don’t find you attractive’ harsh? Surely it’s accurate. I’m sure I’m not everyones cup of tea "

Our policy. Ignore messages we are not interested in. Block if they send a second message.

By sending rejection messages, you are just laying yourself open to abuse.

"Is ´I don’t find you attractive’ harsh? Surely it’s accurate. I’m sure I’m not everyones cup of tea "
If they ask sometimes I say "not for me thanks" but mostly block.

"Is ´I don’t find you attractive’ harsh? Surely it’s accurate. I’m sure I’m not everyones cup of tea

Our policy. Ignore messages we are not interested in. Block if they send a second message.

By sending rejection messages, you are just laying yourself open to abuse. "

Touch wood i don’t get much. I have had one racist message after saying no. I was a bit shocked to be fair and thought my god what if I upset if when in his presence but probably a keyboard warrior

Perfectly acceptable. Stick with it.

By *adcat1961Woman  over a year ago

colchester

I just say sorry your not my type but all the best if that get the hump I just block them,it’s a hard one you don’t want to be rude but some guys can’t take no for an answer.

"Is ´I don’t find you attractive’ harsh? Surely it’s accurate. I’m sure I’m not everyones cup of tea

To be fair though there's nothing stopping people from sending abuse if you ignore them anyway.

Ignore or tell them no thanks they can still send a nasty message.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I had one today who I did like the body of and was really interested if it could go further, but he admitted he had ignored one part of my profile so I found it easy enough to say sorry there was no initial attraction for me which he was ok with, so onwards and upwards with the search I suppose (needs a shrug emoji)

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

"Better to tell them straight, but not say "no thanks ugly" "

Is not saying "no thanks ugly" a recent change for you, or only used because my picture made you throw up?

London

Touch wood i don’t get much. I have had one racist message after saying no. I was a bit shocked to be fair and thought my god what if I upset if when in his presence but probably a keyboard warrior "

I can never see the point of sending a rejection message. A guy sees he has a message in his in box, gets all excited, then gets all deflated when he sees its a rejection.

Seems to me less cruel just to ignore.

To be fair though there's nothing stopping people from sending abuse if you ignore them anyway.

Ignore or tell them no thanks they can still send a nasty message."

Yep and do can’t do right for doing wrong

Ignore or tell them no thanks they can still send a nasty message."

By *inful xWoman  over a year ago

In a sleepy little village

Whenever I've said " sorry I don't find you attractive " I normally get abuse

so I find " sorry but you're not my type " an easier response

London

Yep and do can’t do right for doing wrong "

Most guys adopt the scatter gun approach. If you don't reply, they will forget they sent you a message.

"Whenever I've said " sorry I don't find you attractive " I normally get abuse

so I find " sorry but you're not my type " an easier response "

Same thing though really but I might just carry on blocking haha

Most guys adopt the scatter gun approach. If you don't reply, they will forget they sent you a message. "

Ooh yeah actually forgot that

London

so I find " sorry but you're not my type " an easier response "

Seriously, why on earth would you tell someone you don't think they're attractive. That's always going to hurt.

By *inful xWoman  over a year ago

In a sleepy little village

Same thing though really but I might just carry on blocking haha "

Yes but it's a bit kinder and type covers lots of things about a person. Saying you don't find them attractive is a bit blunt I find

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

If it's obvious a guy has read my profile but I don't find him attractive I'll reply with something along the lines of 'thanks for your message but I'm not interested/you're too far/you're unable to accommodate' but if not I just delete.

I see what your mean about some guys feeling a bit meh though, perhaps I'll just delete from now on.

Touch wood i don’t get much. I have had one racist message after saying no. I was a bit shocked to be fair and thought my god what if I upset if when in his presence but probably a keyboard warrior

I can never see the point of sending a rejection message. A guy sees he has a message in his in box, gets all excited, then gets all deflated when he sees its a rejection.

Seems to me less cruel just to ignore. "

It's not. With a rejection message you know where you stand. If you never hear anything, you don't know if that's a rejection or if your message just got lost in the crowd.

Seriously, why on earth would you tell someone you don't think they're attractive. That's always going to hurt. "

I often have used that phrase, ‘sorry you’re not my type’ or ‘sorry you’re not what I’m looking for’ usually suffices. If they continue to message I delete the messages and ignore them

I always say that although they seem nice, they are not my physical type. I would rather say that, than tell someone I don't find them attractive.

London

It's not. With a rejection message you know where you stand. If you never hear anything, you don't know if that's a rejection or if your message just got lost in the crowd."

What does it matter if it is lost in the crowd or actively rejected the. You won't be meeting that person.

Seriously, why on earth would you tell someone you don't think they're attractive. That's always going to hurt.

I often have used that phrase, ‘sorry you’re not my type’ or ‘sorry you’re not what I’m looking for’ usually suffices. If they continue to message I delete the messages and ignore them"

Thanks tea monkey

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I think I’m honest and polite. I don’t mind chatting but I will say if I’m not attracted to them or interested in taking it any further than messaging.

By *he Dork KnightMan  over a year ago

Newport

As someone that has been on the receiving end of a few truly horrible messages on here (I've been told to fuck off fatty twice and once told to leave the site to the people that are actually attractive enough to have sex with) I sometimes think being ignored is better unless it's a nice let down.

At least if you see a message is read but deleted it gives me a bit of closure on the subject and I mentally add them to the list of people that aren't interested.

(Okay the mental list is the Fab population.)

It's not. With a rejection message you know where you stand. If you never hear anything, you don't know if that's a rejection or if your message just got lost in the crowd."

It's a no either way isn't it? If you're messaging someone that can't reply because they have too many massages then you're unlikely to get anywhere with them anyway. They're far too popular to use filters daaarrrhhhlllling

As someone who has looked at your profile quite often but never messaged... be honest.

Havent messaged because of distance but like your posts and really like your pics x

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Well, i'd say most us men don't have this dilemma

I prefer to use "you're not my type" instead of "I don't find you attractive". I've no problems saying this as i've no problems being told this as well x

I'm polite if someone has put effort into a message and tell them they are not for me. If they then message to ask "why", I delete instantly. Most of my messages are just deleted as they are from faceless people with no information about themselves on their profile other than a dick, a filled condom hanging off their dick, dick in hand, dick in full spunking mode.. just dicks.

It's not. With a rejection message you know where you stand. If you never hear anything, you don't know if that's a rejection or if your message just got lost in the crowd.

What does it matter if it is lost in the crowd or actively rejected the. You won't be meeting that person. "

If you know they've turned you down, you can put a note against their profile and leave them alone in future. If you don't know what happened, you're likely to have another go.

I like to test there banter skills first test them before i decide

How witty they are but if its like talking to wood i just delete message and let it go stale if they persist i block them

London

To put some perspective on it..

As a couple of a Certain age we don't get that many messages but it's probably an average of ten a day of which about 90% are men

So that's 3650 messages a year. Given other things we have going on in our lives, we probably only see five new people a year, and probably chat to about five people for every one we meet.

So, effectively there is a less than 1% chance of anyone being of interest to us. Typing out thousands of rejection messages would be soul destroying for us, never mind the recipients.

"I'm polite if someone has put effort into a message and tell them they are not for me. If they then message to ask "why", I delete instantly. Most of my messages are just deleted as they are from faceless people with no information about themselves on their profile other than a dick, a filled condom hanging off their dick, dick in hand, dick in full spunking mode.. just dicks. "

Makes you almost embarrassed to be the same sex as them.

London

What does it matter if it is lost in the crowd or actively rejected the. You won't be meeting that person.

If you know they've turned you down, you can put a note against their profile and leave them alone in future. If you don't know what happened, you're likely to have another go."

Why? . As is said above, if they are so overwhelmed with messages that yours got lost, they've as good as rejected you.

If you don't get a reply within a few days. Make that note.

"I like to test there banter skills first test them before i decide

How witty they are but if its like talking to wood i just delete message and let it go stale if they persist i block them "

That brought back memories of a past conversation we had

As someone who has looked at your profile quite often but never messaged... be honest.

Havent messaged because of distance but like your posts and really like your pics x"

Who me?! You’re a bit far Im afraid, your profile looks good, but I know what I want but it’s a needle In a haystack to be honest and I know it’s unlikely I’ll find it on FAB as too many ´meet now?’ Types

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Well, i'd say most us men don't have this dilemma

I prefer to use "you're not my type" instead of "I don't find you attractive". I've no problems saying this as i've no problems being told this as well x"

I usually say ‘you’re not for me’. It sounds softer than ‘I don’t find you attractive’

Newport

"I'm polite if someone has put effort into a message and tell them they are not for me. If they then message to ask "why", I delete instantly. Most of my messages are just deleted as they are from faceless people with no information about themselves on their profile other than a dick, a filled condom hanging off their dick, dick in hand, dick in full spunking mode.. just dicks.

Makes you almost embarrassed to be the same sex as them."

No almost about it. I have appologised many time to woman for the behaviour of my "fellow man".

Some people just don't get the simple hints do they.

Just block unless you like the attention.

Joke of the I don’t fancy you what is it because here most do not fancy anyone even a ugly ducking like me loll

"Joke of the I don’t fancy you what is it because here most do not fancy anyone even a ugly ducking like me loll "

You’ve just got to find the ducklings that do

If you know they've turned you down, you can put a note against their profile and leave them alone in future. If you don't know what happened, you're likely to have another go.

Why? . As is said above, if they are so overwhelmed with messages that yours got lost, they've as good as rejected you.

If you don't get a reply within a few days. Make that note. "

I don't agree.

I just say sorry you're not my type..

No drama just the truth

"I just say sorry you're not my type..

No drama just the truth "

Blocked

I will be sycophantic and fawn upon their every word, when one arrives!

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

Just ignore and/or block. You're unlikely to change your opinion on them, so you don't lose anything.

I suppose if you DID feel they deserve a polite rejection you could go with too young/old/close/far away etc, but that will probably encourage pleading along the lines of "I look younger/older" or "I can be discrete/travel" etc.

Easier just to ignore/block.

I think better to say you are not interested. Ignoring can be seen as they are at the bottom of your pile, so they keep messaging to jump to top. Say not interested first time. Block second/ if any abuse. Also bad if you read message, but stay silent...

Havent messaged because of distance but like your posts and really like your pics x

Who me?! You’re a bit far Im afraid, your profile looks good, but I know what I want but it’s a needle In a haystack to be honest and I know it’s unlikely I’ll find it on FAB as too many ´meet now?’ Types "

Yes you.. you are a very attractive woman so yes i admit i will look at your profile and your pics. Not as wank fodder by the way but because looking at beutiful things please me. If i was closer you would have certainly recieved a message. I know you are too far away so there is no point messaging.

Oh by the way if you havn't yet twigged.. your so sexy !!

I often have used that phrase, ‘sorry you’re not my type’ or ‘sorry you’re not what I’m looking for’ usually suffices. If they continue to message I delete the messages and ignore them

Thanks tea monkey "

Maybe it read harshly as I’ve written it here, I’m not brusque or nasty about it. It’s just a plain statement of my subjective opinion, that’s how I see it. That still reads as harsh...

Thanks tea monkey

Maybe it read harshly as I’ve written it here, I’m not brusque or nasty about it. It’s just a plain statement of my subjective opinion, that’s how I see it. That still reads as harsh... "

I think you are spot on. I dont think its harsh.

I dont find you attractive, that hurts.

Your not what iam looking for - happy days iam not an absolute munter and thwy replied woo hoo. No hurt feelings.

NB. I have been on the rum a while. Please excuse exsevive drival on any futere thread or post

"Joke of the I don’t fancy you what is it because here most do not fancy anyone even a ugly ducking like me loll

You’ve just got to find the ducklings that do"

i see after being here a long time but that life when people look only on the outside of a person and not when on the inside like personalities and more

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Just block. Why continue with a problem that has such a simple solution?

Newport

"Joke of the I don’t fancy you what is it because here most do not fancy anyone even a ugly ducking like me loll

You’ve just got to find the ducklings that do i see after being here a long time but that life when people look only on the outside of a person and not when on the inside like personalities and more "

Maybe one of the most honest posts today.

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

It depends on the message and if they have read my profile.

If they have a cock picture avatar I will delete, if they send an attached picture of there cock I will delete. If they talk about sex I will delete. If someone has taken the time (excluding the above) to send me a message and Im not attracted to them. I will reply with something like " I feel we are not a match" all the best

I always say

Sorry but youre not my type, i wish you the best in your hunting xx

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

Nor harsh but honest. We can't all fancy everybody who messages us. If you reject somebody you should never feel guilty. If they can't handle the rejection that is their problem not yours.

Merseyside

"Better to tell them straight, but not say "no thanks ugly" Leave no ambiguity in the message, and subsequent block to end any chance of nasty, insulting comebacks.

"

I agree. There is no need to send a nasty your fugly message. A simple sorry but you are not my type message is all that is needed. If they get arsey after you reject then block them.

By *oelDorianMan  over a year ago

vanaheim

I would say no thank you as it's better to hear that then ignore as some people think that's worse than just saying but that might just be me though

Merseyside

I just block them.

Is there a maximum?

Asking for a friend "

I think somebody once said you can block 500 people maximum.

I look at my block list every now and again. If somebody has not logged in for over 3 months I remove them from my block list.

Merseyside

I think it is better to say you are not my type. Less harsh. Of course, some men will then reply with things like What is your type?, I didn't want to shag you anyway you ugly cow, I didn't want to shag you anyway you fat bitch, etc. If that happens your friend the block button is there.

Merseyside

Seems to me less cruel just to ignore. "

If you are not attracted to somebody I agree it is best to ignore the message. I would also block to stop repeat messages or receiving abusive messages.

Merseyside

Saying to somebody you don't find them attractive is really saying I think you are ugly.

It doesn't hurt to be nice and simply say you are not my type. Then you are not necessarily saying they are ugly. It could be that you are saying you prefer chunky guys rather than skinny guys like they guy you are rejecting.

You are not my type has a myriad of things that could be the reason they are not your type. Telling somebody you don't find them attractive leaves no doubt as to why you are rejecting them. To me syaing I don't find you attractive is a polite way of saying I think you are ugly.

We only see the ones that don't fancy us not the ones that do..

Tonight I changed that and I'm glad I did, Great night

I usually reply with: 'sorry, just remembered that I was gay'

"I usually reply with: 'sorry, just remembered that I was gay' "
Haha I love it

Hey you can't appeal to everyone, just say thanks but no thanks

"I usually reply with: 'sorry, just remembered that I was gay' "

We just use "Sorry but we don't think you're our type" and wish them luck

C

By *allisto2000Woman  over a year ago

Stafford ish

Most guys adopt the scatter gun approach. If you don't reply, they will forget they sent you a message. "

On here judt 8 weeks, learnt already to just delete & block.

I tried the nice approaches and got the nasty responses. Done with that!

I agree that they use the scattergun approach, it’s pretty accurate... Next !!

If they haven’t read my profile, and they don’t see my basic request.... delete....

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I'm just totally attractive to all women

We just put sorry not for us

If we then get another message again few days/weeks later we instantly block now!

I find being honest best...along the lines...

'Sorry, but I'm not attracted to you..hope you don't mind me being honest...but thank you anyway'

x

London

I really don't understand this.

The site rules are clear that no reply means no thanks. For added clarification, we put in our profile that if you don't get a reply within twenty four hours its a no thanks.

There, problem solved.

No it's not harsh at all its great to be honest you need to live in Yorkshire

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Most guys adopt the scatter gun approach. If you don't reply, they will forget they sent you a message.

If they haven’t read my profile, and they don’t see my basic request.... delete....

"

Saves a load of hassle

"

They? No sorry not all of us therefore not pretty accurate... Next !!

By *irenGuy70Man  over a year ago

Cirencester

Nope, that's not harsh. If the guys (or girls) doing this can't pick up on or accept the fact that there's no interest (either by a no reply or a polite reply) then that's their problem. It takes two to tango and it's meant to be fun - life's too short to be worried about dicks.

» Add a new message to this topic