FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Surcharges

Surcharges

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

zwith the news this morning that passengers on a flight from india to britain with a stop over in vienna were told to pay an extra 150 quid or the flight would not take off feom vienna and the same airline doing the same thing again before it even took off from india..... what would you do if u were on the flight?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I see a pattern emerging there ...India....Plane....Britain....paying over the odds to get in.....Maybe there's method to their madness!

"zwith the news this morning that passengers on a flight from india to britain with a stop over in vienna were told to pay an extra 150 quid or the flight would not take off feom vienna and the same airline doing the same thing again before it even took off from india..... what would you do if u were on the flight?"

I would stay in vienna... warmer there

Probably take the opportunity to go see the Taj Mahal. Heard it's rather lovely.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Give them a cheque.

"zwith the news this morning that passengers on a flight from india to britain with a stop over in vienna were told to pay an extra 150 quid or the flight would not take off feom vienna and the same airline doing the same thing again before it even took off from india..... what would you do if u were on the flight?"

if i was not aware of this when i boarded the plane and wasnt in the terms and conditions of sale i wouldnt Pay.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I would pay my contribution as I would need/want home and then claim back thro my insurance (hopefully)

What really irritates me about the Passenger Air Duty is that it was introduced to combat climate change (yeah right). As emissions from aircraft fall into line with new European directives as of 2013 it should mean an end to the PAD, but it won't. The govt are arguing that the UK doesn't apply VAT to air travel like other countries so it is acceptable to have the Passenger Air Duty instead.

It's cos it raises £2bn a year that they won't scrap it and has bollox all to do with climate, like it ever really did have anything to do with climate change. Grrrr

By *ugartitsandhimCouple  over a year ago

North West

"What really irritates me about the Passenger Air Duty is that it was introduced to combat climate change (yeah right). As emissions from aircraft fall into line with new European directives as of 2013 it should mean an end to the PAD, but it won't. The govt are arguing that the UK doesn't apply VAT to air travel like other countries so it is acceptable to have the Passenger Air Duty instead.

It's cos it raises £2bn a year that they won't scrap it and has bollox all to do with climate, like it ever really did have anything to do with climate change. Grrrr "

+1 ...... Nothing ever comes down again after its been taxed!!!!!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well thats not realy true is it. they dont tax hats, or windows or wigs any more do they?

» Add a new message to this topic