FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Free IPhone cover

Free IPhone cover

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A work colleague and I were chatting on Tuesday about the recent visit by another work colleague to the Top Gear set and were drooling over the cars he had sent me pictures of. Both of us said how much we would like to go so I said we could go as a birthday treat for next year and I would have a look at lunchtime and find out how much the tickets cost. Anyway whilst I was on their website, I found the shop tab (well I'm a woman what can I say ) On there, I noticed a new item for IPhone mobile phone covers so I thought I would click to see how much they are as I've seen them on Amazon and really liked it. Well dead shocked was I because it said £00.00, noooo, that can't be right? So with a wicked little grin, I thought I would see what happened if I ordered it. I have taken a printscreen of the invoice as it wouldn't print properly. The invoice clearly shows a reference number, what I have ordered, amount is one, cost is £00.00, postage and package is £00.00 and the total owing is.......£00.00

Last night I went on the website just to see if it had changed and now they are £7.49 do you think they will send me one as surely they have to honour my order?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you have a reference number which you clearly have then they should honour it. ya'd think.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Who knows?, as a goodwill gesture they may honour the deal, but by law I'm pretty sure that they're not obliged to do so.

Our local ASDA made a mistake with the petrol pricing at their 24hr UNMANNED station. It had been set at 13.7p per litre instead of 137p !

Security noticed the station had suddenly become very busy as the word spread then promptly shut it down

No I didn't get any, I found out after it was all over and done with

"Who knows?, as a goodwill gesture they may honour the deal, but by law I'm pretty sure that they're not obliged to do so.

Our local ASDA made a mistake with the petrol pricing at their 24hr UNMANNED station. It had been set at 13.7p per litre instead of 137p !

Security noticed the station had suddenly become very busy as the word spread then promptly shut it down

No I didn't get any, I found out after it was all over and done with "

Blimey that's a bloody good bargain

By *W9xxxxMan  over a year ago

London

"A work colleague and I were chatting on Tuesday about the recent visit by another work colleague to the Top Gear set and were drooling over the cars he had sent me pictures of. Both of us said how much we would like to go so I said we could go as a birthday treat for next year and I would have a look at lunchtime and find out how much the tickets cost. Anyway whilst I was on their website, I found the shop tab (well I'm a woman what can I say ) On there, I noticed a new item for IPhone mobile phone covers so I thought I would click to see how much they are as I've seen them on Amazon and really liked it. Well dead shocked was I because it said £00.00, noooo, that can't be right? So with a wicked little grin, I thought I would see what happened if I ordered it. I have taken a printscreen of the invoice as it wouldn't print properly. The invoice clearly shows a reference number, what I have ordered, amount is one, cost is £00.00, postage and package is £00.00 and the total owing is.......£00.00

Last night I went on the website just to see if it had changed and now they are £7.49 do you think they will send me one as surely they have to honour my order? "

No they aren't legally bound to honour the order, things like this happen infrequently so of course they are covered and this will be outlined in the T & C's I'm afraid so no free iPhone case.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

technically.... the answer is no they don't have to honour it if it is a genuine mistake, however depending on how big the company is, and you haven't "taken the piss" and ordered loads of them because they are that price... they normally honour it, as the bad publicity they would get otherwise isn't worth it...

I would get in contact with them, and ask as you say you have got it in "good faith"...

plus they may not realise there is a glitch and you may well save them further money and embarrassment

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

according to the sale of goods act they have to honour it as you have a reciept for the item therefore it is yours any mistake should be corrected before it goes through till happy days lol

[Removed by poster at 17/11/11 13:31:37]

I logged on last night and they have righted their error and the price is now £7.49. And I only ordered one cos I'm a good girl

By *oDownEasyMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I cant see you getting it but you never know.

On the related note,I am sure I read somewhere that to get on the show there is a very long waiting list(of years!) Can you just visit the set when they arent filming then?As I know someone who would love to rummage around Hamster's dressing room

"I cant see you getting it but you never know.

On the related note,I am sure I read somewhere that to get on the show there is a very long waiting list(of years!) Can you just visit the set when they arent filming then?As I know someone who would love to rummage around Hamster's dressing room "

Yes you can as that is what my friend did, thrilled his girlfriend more as she found handbags for sale and yes it has arrived with an invoice for £00.00 and it looks fab!!!

Wooo hooo I am now the proud owner of a FREE Top Gear IPhone cover for the princely sum of £00.00 as that is what the invoice says

And it looks very nice thank you

» Add a new message to this topic