FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Random acts of kindness

Random acts of kindness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Random acts of kindness, can apparently have a profound effect on us and be remembered for years.

Have you been subject to any, and what effect did they have?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I genuinely try to do one a day . Not always for other people. For example, this morning i saved the life of a Damselfly

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes.

I had a puncture on the Chase in the snow,a lovely man stopped his car and change my flat tyre for me.

Wouldn't accept money or give me his details x

I was run over at 18 and an AA man came and looked after me until the Ambulance arrived. He put his jacket under my head, gave words of comfort, handed me his hanky to cry into and organised a group of folk to lift the car off my trapped foot.

I never even got his name to say thank you.

I’ve never forgotten his kindness. Other people just stood around staring down at me unsure what to do, and he came along and took charge.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Similar although not as bad as Miss V. In February I slipped on ice and fell. Thought I was fine. Two people in front of me helped me to my feet. One of them stayed, watched me try to walk (ha ha no), helped me sit down on a wall and called me a taxi to get to the hospital (well within normal walking distance) and offered me money to pay for it. Chatted to distract me from the pain until the taxi arrived. And when I got into A&E one of the guards kept me company and made sure I was registered, even wheeled me to triage and back.

In my mid 30s I was assaulted from behind on my way home from a night out in my home town.. 2 bouncers from a bar across the road saw what happened, one ran after the person who assaulted me and the other came over and turned me over (id been pushed face first to the ground) and made sure i was ok before an ambulance arrived and helped me into it and told the ambulance people what had happened.. as my bag had been taken in the assault he also gave me £20 to get me back home again afterwards..

By *wesomepearWoman  over a year ago

Northamptonshire

My story seems silly in comparison to some but really made my day and I haven’t forgotten years later...

I arrived at a indoor play centre with my 3 kids youngest was about 10 weeks and on lifting him out of the car I realised he’d had an explosive poop on route like from his neck to his toes... queuing to get in all flustered and my other too hyper and excited, me just desperately wanting to get to the changing room to clean up the baby trying to juggle and get my purse out and the lovely lady in front of me paid for my children to get in and watched them while I cleaned up the baby so they didn’t have to wait for me. She wouldn’t except the money back, Such a small and kind gesture but as a stressed mum so wonderful!!!

I have paid it forward to other stressed out mums.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I try to be kind all the time, not always successfully.

Nobody has ever been randomly kind to me.

"Yes.

I had a puncture on the Chase in the snow,a lovely man stopped his car and change my flat tyre for me.

Wouldn't accept money or give me his details x"

Giving money?? I would get offended. Is it normal to offer money ? I never do that, but if it normal thing to do, then I have to change my approach from now on...

By *oungalpha20Man  over a year ago

North West /Cumbria

Not really an act of kindness, more saving a life. I saw a guy beating on his partner. Automatically intervened. I'm thankful I was going that way that day.

"In my mid 30s I was assaulted from behind on my way home from a night out in my home town.. 2 bouncers from a bar across the road saw what happened, one ran after the person who assaulted me and the other came over and turned me over (id been pushed face first to the ground) and made sure i was ok before an ambulance arrived and helped me into it and told the ambulance people what had happened.. as my bag had been taken in the assault he also gave me £20 to get me back home again afterwards.. "

If you still remember that incident it means it was an trumatic night, I hope you got you confident back and got stronger..

Moral of the story, avoid Toytown ladies...it is not like Lego land.

"I try to be kind all the time, not always successfully.

Nobody has ever been randomly kind to me. "

Never ever?

I want to send you a dream bunch of flowers and a box of jaffa cakes. Totally random but hopefully would make you smile.

A lady in the queue in front of me gave me her last voucher for a free coffee. Totally random. It's pathetic I know but it made my day.

Personally I've never had any acts of kindness done to me but I have been the random act giver on plenty of occasions.

I do enjoy helping people in need. I won't list what I have done, but you do remember them,

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I try to be kind all the time, not always successfully.

Nobody has ever been randomly kind to me.

Never ever?

I want to send you a dream bunch of flowers and a box of jaffa cakes. Totally random but hopefully would make you smile. "

that's made me smile anyway. I like Jaffa cakes and flowers .

Friends have cheered me up this week. Random mails and random comments.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

[Removed by poster at 16/10/18 21:00:09]

By *appytochatMan  over a year ago

Deep in the New Forest

Had a flat battery not so long ago in a service station. A couple in a camper let me jump my van off theirs. Was quite late at night and I didn't realise they had 2 young kids in the back along with a baby. I wouldnt of asked if I had known as they were obviously heading home after a long day out. Anyway I offered them some money to say thanks but they wouldn't accept it. In the end I stuck 20 quid in their hand an told them to buy something for the kids instead. Felt guilty for holding them up and was still cheaper than waiting about for someone to come out to me.

"I genuinely try to do one a day . Not always for other people. For example, this morning i saved the life of a Damselfly "

I saved a weird bug at work! It landed on a child at lunch so we took it outside and after they made a bug house we popped him in it

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Yes I have.

" I walked up to a tramp the other day,

I threw up all over him and said there you go a nice warm meal for you"

To be said in a Welsh accent.

( See if anyone gets this reference)

My wee girl has been poorly the past few days.

My neighbour came round earlier with soup as she had heard her coughing.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I received flowers that really made me smile and were hugely appreciated.

I don't think to myself I'll go out and find something, but if the opportunity arises then yes.

Sometimes the simple things can mean the most.

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Hampshire

Married my husband.

I rear ended a guy (gently) about three weeks after passing my test. I was freaking out and shaking when I got out of the car - worrying about a massive whiplash claim.

He was lovely, gave me hug told me to not to worry and went on his way without giving or taking details.

A few weeks ago a girl clipped my wing mirror and knocked the glass out. When she got out of the car she was shaking and apologising. She literally cried when I said it was fine and not to worry about it. She was so worried about her dad finding out.

That gents kindness has definitely stayed with me, and undoubtedly always will.

» Add a new message to this topic