FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Festive birthdays

Festive birthdays

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

ok its not so much of an issue when she is young, but my daughters birthday is xmas eve.

Do any of you have birthdays around other big celebrations? How do you deal with it?

Do i make a big fuss over both, or combine the two?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"ok its not so much of an issue when she is young, but my daughters birthday is xmas eve.

Do any of you have birthdays around other big celebrations? How do you deal with it?

Do i make a big fuss over both, or combine the two? "

start the celebrations early and make it a 3 day party as opposed to a 2

count me in for jelly and ice cream

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I had a friend who missed out as she had a birthday on Xmas Eve and most of her relatives got one combined present.

I would have a Birthday celebration through the day then get all excited for Santa towards the end of the day.

I have a cousin with birthday on christmas day , she celebrates her birthday on New Years day .

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

My birthday is this month and I used to get the oh we'll buy you something big at Christmas, never quite seemed to work out.

My friends sons birthday is Christmas Eve and she has always treated the occasions seperately and yes I do think they should be

my mums is the 23rd dec and as a child she had one present for both when her siblings had separate as their birthdays werent near christmas. she is 70 this year so trying to think of something special not easy when she doesnt want a fuss

By *issNaughtyxxxWoman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Mr.Naughty has his birthday on new years eve, i always give him a seperate birthday card and gift. Amazed at how many dont though! Must be very difficult for children in particular.

My son's birthday is less than a week before christmas. When he was little it was tough, because so many people gave him just one gift to do for both,or just forgot his birthday altogether. I always tried to make his actual birthday a special and completely different occasion to christmas though.

Now he is almost 21 and just starts drinking on his birthday and pretty much carries on right through until the new year!!

she cant miss out ...would be her day and no gifts together .. and make it a 2 day party after x

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

our son's birthday is NYE, a niece a few day's before Xmas and a nephew on Boxing Day.

We always make sure they have separate presents. Not actually their fault when their birthday is x

My only childs birthday is Christmas Day. We celebrate Christmas in the morning, then after Christmas dinner its her birthday and the cake comes out. This year is her 21st birthday so we are having her party the Wednesday before. So I think she will be celebrating her birthday starting from that day and carrying it on.

My eldest was born on New Year's Day. We always made it special and never combined the two. We'd go to the cinema, McDonald's, make a fuss really.

She still comes home every birthday to be spoilt by her mum, she got engaged on her birthday this year and still came home. I've not gone out on New Year since she was born in 1983!

"My eldest was born on New Year's Day. We always made it special and never combined the two. We'd go to the cinema, McDonald's, make a fuss really.

She still comes home every birthday to be spoilt by her mum, she got engaged on her birthday this year and still came home. I've not gone out on New Year since she was born in 1983! "

My eldest child was born on new years day too [ 1977], and we have always made a big [and separate] fuss over him. not a great birthday when you are a child, but the best when you are an adult...He tells everyone that " everybody celebrates my birthday "...

My Birthday is 12 days before Christmas, I hated it when being given the "Birthday/Christmas" present when my brother who's Birthday is in September got a separate one and even at the right old age of 49 this year, I still sort of resent him for it (daft I know) treat her Birthday as the separate occasion it should be, even if her Birthday gift is a less expensive one (I know you are a single Mum) and let her have her special day

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

on her first birthday i was absolutely exhausted as i did her bday at home with me in the morning,, trip to the great grandparents in the afternoon for her birthday

xmas morning at mine,, xmas afternoon at grandparents...

then my parents came down for new years and we did another birthday and xmas celebration..

this year we are staying with my grandparents and spending the two days together but xmas eve will be a bday party, and xmas will be xmas.

friends have suggested a summertime party as she goes into school as xmas time is a pain in the ass (understandably) for childrens parties.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

i love birthdays they are days to be spoilt. when shes older and goes to school if other children are not free just choose a different day. most people have parties the nearest saturday any way. when shes older you can let her decide if she wants all her presents so close together or not. jays youngest is a new year day baby as well. also know someone born on 29th of feb

By *eppersCouple  over a year ago

telford

Steve's is december the 22nd and he hates it, as people have always ignored his birthday in favour of xmas, at 48 he now still resents never even as a child having a seperate birthday party or even a birthday cake, yet his brothers' who is 14th jan always has both a birthday party and cake, when asked what he wants to do for his birthday he say's the usual will do f....ck all,

enough said me thinks.

My daughters birthday is the 10th of december and we took a leave out of my brother in laws book. His birthday is christmas eve so he celebrate his birthday in june so he/his mum ensured he had both birthday and christmas. For my daughter we choose her names day in april, and she loved the two birthday and christmas it make her feel special.

my mums is the 22nd so she insists on the gift counting for both. only cards for each

My birthday is Christmas eve. I hate it. I pretty much never celebrate it, it's imprssible, after wards it's new year and then the January blues, prior to it it's christmas parties so planning a party is pointless. And don't get me started on joint cards and presents. The height of rudeness.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Sends a happy birthday and Xmas card.....don't baulk it's hand made lol

It must be hard I am lucky my birthday is 6 months from Xmas so I always get to presents normally a bigger birthday present

My daughter was due on boxing day, she must have realised how much she loved presents and stayed stuck inside me until well into january. Def they should be seperate celebrations and most def seperate presents.

29th dec... i like to shag on my birthday....offers welcome lol

» Add a new message to this topic