FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ramadan

Ramadan

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *loswingers OP   Couple  over a year ago

Gloucester

So there are 1.6 billion Muslims who are celebrating the end of the month in which they celebrate the winning of a battle that saw them take Mecca .

That’s cool , and fair play to those who take part . Also the charitable contributions made to the poor that are made are something else . I read somewhere it’s something like £370 a person !

Anyway , my point is this . Whenever our religion is mentioned on here , we get a host of grief over it . People saying it’s all crap , fairy stories and so on . Religion is this and religion is that etc....

Yet when the Muslims religious celebration of breaking a fast to celebrate winning a war is mentioned , the same people who slate Christianity are all full of praise for it .

Could it be that we have been overcome with political / religious correctness to such a degree that we are happy to slate our religion yet embrace that of others ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inkyLondonpairCouple  over a year ago

London

"So there are 1.6 billion Muslims who are celebrating the end of the month in which they celebrate the winning of a battle that saw them take Mecca .

That’s cool , and fair play to those who take part . Also the charitable contributions made to the poor that are made are something else . I read somewhere it’s something like £370 a person !

Anyway , my point is this . Whenever our religion is mentioned on here , we get a host of grief over it . People saying it’s all crap , fairy stories and so on . Religion is this and religion is that etc....

Yet when the Muslims religious celebration of breaking a fast to celebrate winning a war is mentioned , the same people who slate Christianity are all full of praise for it .

Could it be that we have been overcome with political / religious correctness to such a degree that we are happy to slate our religion yet embrace that of others ? "

I am happy to say I am an equal opportunities atheists and consider any religion that posits a personal God to be wrong.

London

And to be fair wishing someone a happy Eid or whatever is no different to wishing someone a happy Christmas. neither means you actually believe in the religion in question.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So there are 1.6 billion Muslims who are celebrating the end of the month in which they celebrate the winning of a battle that saw them take Mecca .

Could it be that we have been overcome with political / religious correctness to such a degree that we are happy to slate our religion yet embrace that of others ? "

Just out of interest... which religion promotes swinging?

Can't stand any religion its all bollocks

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

I wouldn't slate a religion, we are all free to believe and worship how we choose.

Well I’m kind of in agreement with all of the above in parts so far.

I agree that some people are quick to criticise some religions (including Christianity) but don’t apply that criticism consistently over other faiths at times.

I also agree that wishing someone Happy Eid is no different to wishing someone Happy Christmas.

And I also agree with the Atheists that don’t believe in any deity or supreme being overseeing us. I’m not religious at all (but happy for others to be believers and respect their faith)

I don’t know exactly what that all means other than that I’m sat firmly on the fence!!

How many people have died in the name of religion

"How many people have died in the name of religion "

Im gonna say fucking lots x

"Muslim" is now a race, so mocking Islam is considered racist. Christians tend to be a lot less fanatical about such matters, so tend to "turn the other cheek". The end of Ramadam in parts of NYC is known as "safe taxi day"

Gloucester

"And to be fair wishing someone a happy Eid or whatever is no different to wishing someone a happy Christmas. neither means you actually believe in the religion in question. "

Well actually , happy Eid is celebrating war , violence and death . Happy Christmas is celebrating the birth of Christ , so they are very different aren’t they ?

London

"And to be fair wishing someone a happy Eid or whatever is no different to wishing someone a happy Christmas. neither means you actually believe in the religion in question.

Well actually , happy Eid is celebrating war , violence and death . Happy Christmas is celebrating the birth of Christ , so they are very different aren’t they ? "

Easter glorifies a man being tortured to death, but there's not much torturing that goes on at Easter now, so the ultimate basis of a religious festival is a bit irrelevant.

The point is that wishing a religious believer a happy religious festival does not imply belief in the religion.

If the the guy in question had come on here saying Islam was true and non believers were all wrong, he would have got a very hostile reception.

Gloucester

"And to be fair wishing someone a happy Eid or whatever is no different to wishing someone a happy Christmas. neither means you actually believe in the religion in question.

Well actually , happy Eid is celebrating war , violence and death . Happy Christmas is celebrating the birth of Christ , so they are very different aren’t they ?

Easter glorifies a man being tortured to death, but there's not much torturing that goes on at Easter now, so the ultimate basis of a religious festival is a bit irrelevant.

The point is that wishing a religious believer a happy religious festival does not imply belief in the religion.

If the the guy in question had come on here saying Islam was true and non believers were all wrong, he would have got a very hostile reception. "

That’s true , I often wonder why we say Good Friday , what was so good about it ?

If the the guy in question had come on here saying Islam was true and non believers were all wrong, he would have got a very hostile reception. "

No, Easter celebrates the resurrection of Jesus - it's basically a celebration of re-birth.

Happy Eid everybody!

If the the guy in question had come on here saying Islam was true and non believers were all wrong, he would have got a very hostile reception.

That’s true , I often wonder why we say Good Friday , what was so good about it ?

"

It's a bastardisation of "God's Friday", like "goodbye" is a bastardisation of "God be with you/ye"

Gloucester

It's a bastardisation of "God's Friday", like "goodbye" is a bastardisation of "God be with you/ye""

Ah , thank you

By *J RHEAMan  over a year ago

S West

I'll happily slate any religion.

I'm an atheist. I will say happy Christmas, happy eid Mubarak, happy Hanukkah, happy festival of light or happy whatever.

I'm a happy soul

Gloucester

"I'm an atheist. I will say happy Christmas, happy eid Mubarak, happy Hanukkah, happy festival of light or happy whatever.

I'm a happy soul "

To be fair , you really do seem a happy soul

As an athiest I don't celebrate any religious festivals but I'm happy to suggest to anyone that does that they enjoy it.

My cynicism of Christmas is because it is an ever longer celebration of greed amd consumerism that really goes against any values I believe in and seems to have little to do with Christianity. The way eid is celebrated and the community and charity elements sit much more comfortable with my values but I still wish people merry Christmas!

"I'm an atheist. I will say happy Christmas, happy eid Mubarak, happy Hanukkah, happy festival of light or happy whatever.

I'm a happy soul "

Best way to be

ps Do atheists have "souls"?

"As an athiest I don't celebrate any religious festivals but I'm happy to suggest to anyone that does that they enjoy it.

My cynicism of Christmas is because it is an ever longer celebration of greed amd consumerism that really goes against any values I believe in and seems to have little to do with Christianity. The way eid is celebrated and the community and charity elements sit much more comfortable with my values but I still wish people merry Christmas! "

Are you kidding?? The charity work that goes on in the UK at Christmas is the best I've ever seen, and I've lived in many countries! Maybe it's just not "advertised" as much?

"As an athiest I don't celebrate any religious festivals but I'm happy to suggest to anyone that does that they enjoy it.

My cynicism of Christmas is because it is an ever longer celebration of greed amd consumerism that really goes against any values I believe in and seems to have little to do with Christianity. The way eid is celebrated and the community and charity elements sit much more comfortable with my values but I still wish people merry Christmas!

Are you kidding?? The charity work that goes on in the UK at Christmas is the best I've ever seen, and I've lived in many countries! Maybe it's just not "advertised" as much?"

Do you mean charities helping the vulnerable? Yes that's applaudable and something I have pteviously been involved in.

But what icwas refering to, perhaps not clearly is that eid I'd celebrated more by giving rather than consuming.

My cynicism of Christmas is because it is an ever longer celebration of greed amd consumerism that really goes against any values I believe in and seems to have little to do with Christianity. The way eid is celebrated and the community and charity elements sit much more comfortable with my values but I still wish people merry Christmas! "

I find it odd that your values support exclusionism - Islamic scholarship, historically, has taught that only Muslims can be recipients of zakat (the charity of Islam) whereas Christian charities at Christmas don't discriminate against other faiths.

Gloucester

I find it odd that your values support exclusionism - Islamic scholarship, historically, has taught that only Muslims can be recipients of zakat (the charity of Islam) whereas Christian charities at Christmas don't discriminate against other faiths."

An excellent point

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

Could it be that we have been overcome with political / religious correctness to such a degree that we are happy to slate our religion yet embrace that of others ?

I am happy to say I am an equal opportunities atheists and consider any religion that posits a personal God to be wrong. "

That makes two of us.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

People in the public eye don't criticise Islam for health and safety reasons.

" People in the public eye don't criticise Islam for health and safety reasons. "

Gloucester

" People in the public eye don't criticise Islam for health and safety reasons.

"

I find it odd that your values support exclusionism - Islamic scholarship, historically, has taught that only Muslims can be recipients of zakat (the charity of Islam) whereas Christian charities at Christmas don't discriminate against other faiths."

Odd then that the muslim aid charity don't discriminate

I find it odd that your values support exclusionism - Islamic scholarship, historically, has taught that only Muslims can be recipients of zakat (the charity of Islam) whereas Christian charities at Christmas don't discriminate against other faiths.

Odd then that the muslim aid charity don't discriminate

"

Do you find it odd that the charity has 13 overseas field offices, 12 of them in predominantly Muslim countries, the 13th being Bosnia which is 50% Muslim inhabited? Not one predominantly Catholic, Buddhist, Christian or Hindu country. But I'm sure they don't discriminate in those countries either.

"I wouldn't slate a religion, we are all free to believe and worship how we choose."

I would, don't get me wrong, your entirely free to practise what you want, providing it doesn't harm others!!!!!.

Besides that everybody's free but that doesn't mean I should wish them well in they're wacky intolerant fairy God bullshit.

"I wouldn't slate a religion, we are all free to believe and worship how we choose..

I would, don't get me wrong, your entirely free to practise what you want, providing it doesn't harm others!!!!!.

Besides that everybody's free but that doesn't mean I should wish them well in they're wacky intolerant fairy God bullshit.

"

Bless you

By *angzMan  over a year ago

Manchester, London & sometimes Newcastle

Haven't heard this much CRAP in a long while.

Muslims celebrate Eid after the month of Ramadan has ended. It's a celebration which follows one month of fasting. Also Muslims had been celebrating Eid for many years before the taking of Mecca. So Eid is nothing to do with the end of any battle.

You need to get your facts right first.

"I wouldn't slate a religion, we are all free to believe and worship how we choose..

Bless you "

I don't wish Scientologists well in they're whacky bollocks either, nor those ever so insane Mormons, I don't wish to take their freedom to believe in bollocks away from them, I just don't see why everybody who's right in the head starts bending over backwards to make the insane feel less awkward

Or could it be that you're using this thread to stir up a bit of racial/religious tension?

Bless you .

I don't wish Scientologists well in they're whacky bollocks either, nor those ever so insane Mormons, I don't wish to take their freedom to believe in bollocks away from them, I just don't see why everybody who's right in the head starts bending over backwards to make the insane feel less awkward"

Sometimes the lunatics do seem to be taking over the asylum

Mormons seem pretty harmless, though - look at Donny and Jimmy Osmond!

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

Don't have a problem with it. But I'm not going to state what I think of this in the western world.

"Don't have a problem with it. But I'm not going to state what I think of this in the western world."

It's sad that you feel you can't, but understandable.

By *ndecidedMan  over a year ago

London

It's Eid people!!

A time for us Muslims to eat and get laid (It's been 30 days!!) And for non Muslims to gate crash their Muslim friends and nosh down on all the tasty grub they're cooking today!!

Goodwill to all men and women. Lets pray that we learn to all get along (come on, even you atheists, oh you're already down on your knees, wait you're doing WHAT?? )

One day we'll be able to sit around together (hopefully naked) and sing kumbaya

Muslim Aid charity has been an integral support to much London based homeless charity support/services at Christmas in my working experience, often volunteering so non-Muslim staff fromthe charities can have a break to celebrate their own personal Christmas!

This is factually incorrect. That is not the reason for fasting.

Gloucester

Muslims celebrate Eid after the month of Ramadan has ended. It's a celebration which follows one month of fasting. Also Muslims had been celebrating Eid for many years before the taking of Mecca. So Eid is nothing to do with the end of any battle.

You need to get your facts right first."

Why do they fast for a month then ?

Why do they fast for a month then ? "

It's supposed to be a period of spiritual reflection in memory of the period when Allah told Mohammed of the writings of the Q'ran. I't one of the 5 pillars of Islam.

"It's Eid people!!

A time for us Muslims to eat and get laid (It's been 30 days!!) And for non Muslims to gate crash their Muslim friends and nosh down on all the tasty grub they're cooking today!!

Goodwill to all men and women. Lets pray that we learn to all get along (come on, even you atheists, oh you're already down on your knees, wait you're doing WHAT?? )

One day we'll be able to sit around together (hopefully naked) and sing kumbaya"

By *ubiousOatcakeMan  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"You need to get your facts right first."

Doesn’t he just. Here are a few more choice fictions from this thread...

""Muslim" is now a race..."

According to...?

"No, Easter celebrates the resurrection of Jesus - it's basically a celebration of re-birth."

Easter is made up of a number of holy days, including Good Friday, which celebrates Jesus’s crucifixion.

"It's a bastardisation of "God's Friday", like "goodbye" is a bastardisation of "God be with you/ye""

You’re right about ‘goodbye’, but you’re wrong about Good Friday.

Muslim Aid charity has been an integral support to much London based homeless charity support/services at Christmas in my working experience, often volunteering so non-Muslim staff fromthe charities can have a break to celebrate their own personal Christmas!"

Why are you introducing facts and accuracy here??

Muslim Aid charity has been an integral support to much London based homeless charity support/services at Christmas in my working experience, often volunteering so non-Muslim staff fromthe charities can have a break to celebrate their own personal Christmas!

Why are you introducing facts and accuracy here??"

I’m freakin’ annoying like that.

Why do they fast for a month then ? "

What has the duration of the fast got to do with it? It's meant to be a demonstration of commitment to God. How would it make a difference if it was for a longer or shorter period?

You need to get your info from reliable sources and not what they teach you in BNP/EDL/Britain first literature.

"You need to get your facts right first.

Doesn’t he just. Here are a few more choice fictions from this thread...

"Muslim" is now a race...

According to...?

No, Easter celebrates the resurrection of Jesus - it's basically a celebration of re-birth.

Easter is made up of a number of holy days, including Good Friday, which celebrates Jesus’s crucifixion.

It's a bastardisation of "God's Friday", like "goodbye" is a bastardisation of "God be with you/ye"

You’re right about ‘goodbye’, but you’re wrong about Good Friday."

In truth, theologians don't know exactly why it's called "good" Friday - the answer I gave was one of the more popular definitions, and the most succinct.

Why are you introducing facts and accuracy here??"

But there are no facts or accuracies in this post - just hearsay based on someone's unprovable work experiences. I'm not saying you're lying, but these aren't facts!

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

But there are no facts or accuracies in this post - just hearsay based on someone's unprovable work experiences. I'm not saying you're lying, but these aren't facts!"

Ultimately, facts or no facts, shouldn't we just respect an individual's religious beliefs, just as we respect eachother's sexuality here?..

By *heladyandthelibertineCouple  over a year ago

Reading

I am not a Muslim myself, but I do have many Muslim friends. I really like the OPs attitude toward swinging, but this particular thread is pretty bad on this particular day. OP - are you Christian? If not, did you come on here on Christmas Day to tell everyone who wished you happy Christmas to fuck off??

"

Why do they fast for a month then ?

What has the duration of the fast got to do with it? It's meant to be a demonstration of commitment to God. How would it make a difference if it was for a longer or shorter period?

You need to get your info from reliable sources and not what they teach you in BNP/EDL/Britain first literature."

To be fair, I don’t think the question asked was making any point about the length/duration of the fast but simply shortening the “month of Ramadan” down again to ask why, if they’re wrong, that the fast takes place.

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

"

Yet when the Muslims religious celebration of breaking a fast to celebrate winning a war is mentioned , the same people who slate Christianity are all full of praise for it . "

You are either miss informed or you are deliberately spreading miss information.

"

But there are no facts or accuracies in this post - just hearsay based on someone's unprovable work experiences. I'm not saying you're lying, but these aren't facts!"

You can easily fact check if the charity has done any Christmas time support to homeless charities based in London, actually.

Reading

That’s not true, even within the faith of Christianity, there is massive divides. The Protestants and the Catholics, being the blindingly obvious two.

But there are no facts or accuracies in this post - just hearsay based on someone's unprovable work experiences. I'm not saying you're lying, but these aren't facts!

Ultimately, facts or no facts, shouldn't we just respect an individual's religious beliefs, just as we respect eachother's sexuality here?.."

I have nothing but respect for the religious and cultural beliefs of others! I firmly believe that it's the right of every human being to question what they don't understand. Knowledge can bring familiarity and acceptance as well as conflict and disagreement.

"

You can easily fact check if the charity has done any Christmas time support to homeless charities based in London, actually.

"

I'm sure they have But this is what I said originally "Islamic scholarship, historically, has taught that only Muslims can be recipients of zakat (the charity of Islam) whereas Christian charities at Christmas don't discriminate against other faiths."

The above is an actual fact, but the situation you're giving is just a classic "staff don't always do what the boss says" scenario.

That’s not true, even within the faith of Christianity, there is massive divides. The Protestants and the Catholics, being the blindingly obvious two."

What's not true? That "Christian charities at Christmas don't discriminate against other faiths"? Proof, evidence, links??? Just typing it on an internet swinging forum doesn't make it true!

"

"

Not so much fact based but anecdotal evidence from me; my local mosque (3 doors down from me) has recently started running a soup kitchen on Saturdays, there is only one other running in town.

Personally I dislike organised religion but community based projects like that really make a difference

"

I'm sure they have But this is what I said originally "Islamic scholarship, historically, has taught that only Muslims can be recipients of zakat (the charity of Islam) whereas Christian charities at Christmas don't discriminate against other faiths."

The above is an actual fact, but the situation you're giving is just a classic "staff don't always do what the boss says" scenario.

"

Ah but to clarify, I wasn’t posting in contradiction to your post. I was adding my experience of Muslim Aid charity as a point of interest alongside your facts. I never said, you’re wrong and here’s why.

"

Not so much fact based but anecdotal evidence from me; my local mosque (3 doors down from me) has recently started running a soup kitchen on Saturdays, there is only one other running in town.

Personally I dislike organised religion but community based projects like that really make a difference "

They do, yes. I remember Ace (on here) telling me about a similar homeless soup kitchen effort by a local Sikh community. Think it was Ace telling me, anyhow.

"

Ah but to clarify, I wasn’t posting in contradiction to your post. I was adding my experience of Muslim Aid charity as a point of interest alongside your facts. I never said, you’re wrong and here’s why."

Ok, I think we're talking at cross purposes - I'm specifically talking about Zakat, the 3rd pillar, rather than general charity. Of course, muslims do some laudable charity work - I'm a fan of their "keep warm kit" programme.

Love an example of someone slating Christianity but, I forget the words the op used, extolling Islam. Or even just slating Christianity.

In my experience, Christians rarely 'turn the other cheek '. I've found them more hypocritics who's motto seems to be more 'an eye for an eye'.

I don't know much about other Muslim sects, but I've found Ibadis to be wonderful people. And more tolerant and embracing of your faith than any Christian I've met, is of theirs.

Reading

That’s not true, even within the faith of Christianity, there is massive divides. The Protestants and the Catholics, being the blindingly obvious two.

What's not true? That "Christian charities at Christmas don't discriminate against other faiths"? Proof, evidence, links??? Just typing it on an internet swinging forum doesn't make it true! "

I don’t know about specifically at Christmas. I do attend a lot of church groups personally, and I can tell you 100% that there is huge amounts of animosity between Christian churches, literally streets away from each other. If you think that Christianity is one lovely loved up group of people, you have no idea what you are talking about. I can’t provide links because I doubt anyone is going to make a formal statement online, from one church to the other, to say- I think them lot are a bunch of cunts. Probably on some extremist website or another- but they aren’t the sites I tend to visit.

Aberdeenshire

"In truth, theologians don't know exactly why it's called "good" Friday - the answer I gave was one of the more popular definitions, and the most succinct."

In truth, it’s a false etymology, and its popularity means nothing. It’s popularly believed that goldfish have a memory of a few seconds. That doesn’t make it right. Saying that bats are blind is succinct, but it’s not true either.

It’s ‘Good’ in the same way that anything holy is ‘Good’. Like ‘the Good Book’.

About my other points, the one I’m most interested to get a response to is the categorisation of ‘Muslim’ as a race (ignoring the grammatical awkwardness of that wording).

Aberdeenshire

"Just typing it on an internet swinging forum doesn't make it true!"

If only you took your own advice.

And don't forget Christmas and Easter aren't originally anything to do with christ.

Aberdeenshire

"And don't forget Christmas and Easter aren't originally anything to do with christ."

Well, the method of celebration and the time on the calendar aren’t.

Reading

"

Personally I dislike organised religion but community based projects like that really make a difference "

As I have already said- I am not a Muslim. I would also say that I dislike organised (or disorganised!) religion. I live on a very busy road. Every hour of day or night there is people flowing up and down. It’s the main road into reading from the West, and has a huge HUGE number of immigrants living there, from all over the world. When it snowed back at the beginning of the year, guess who was out with their shovels and their salt, making the road safe? Men working their butts off with spades, not machines? It was the guys from the mosque on our road. Everyone else just huffed and puffed about it. Those guys were out there helping the whole community of thousands of people, with their shovels and their salt.

Beyond the shadows.

"

"

Just to clarify charity in islam is divided into several types. Zakaat is but one of those types and it can be given to 8 types of people;

1. The poor, meaning low-income or indigent.

2. The needy, meaning someone who is in difficulty.

3. Zakat administrators (people who are authorized to collect and distribute it among the needy and poor).

4. Those whose hearts are to be reconciled, meaning new Muslims and friends of the Muslim community that are in need.

5. Those in bondage (i.e at the time those that were slaves and captives to enable them to free them selfs).

6. The debt-ridden.

7. In the cause of God.

8. The wayfarer, meaning those who are stranded or traveling with few resources and are in need.

"

Ah but to clarify, I wasn’t posting in contradiction to your post. I was adding my experience of Muslim Aid charity as a point of interest alongside your facts. I never said, you’re wrong and here’s why.

Ok, I think we're talking at cross purposes - I'm specifically talking about Zakat, the 3rd pillar, rather than general charity. Of course, muslims do some laudable charity work - I'm a fan of their "keep warm kit" programme. "

You brought zakat to the debate to cry and discredit my post regarding the charitable nature of Islam? You then dis missed my comment about muslim aid.

But now seem to be endorsing the point I initially made?

Reading

"And don't forget Christmas and Easter aren't originally anything to do with christ."

By that same token, nothing is to do with anything. Surely?

"

Ok, I think we're talking at cross purposes - I'm specifically talking about Zakat, the 3rd pillar, rather than general charity. Of course, muslims do some laudable charity work - I'm a fan of their "keep warm kit" programme. "

No, I know. I was just on the train and paso g comment about something. It would possibly have been better to just post it without adding it to yours - as I’ve obviously infringed on the points you were wanting to make. ‘pologies

"

Ok, I think we're talking at cross purposes - I'm specifically talking about Zakat, the 3rd pillar, rather than general charity. Of course, muslims do some laudable charity work - I'm a fan of their "keep warm kit" programme.

No, I know. I was just on the train and paso g comment about something. It would possibly have been better to just post it without adding it to yours - as I’ve obviously infringed on the points you were wanting to make. ‘pologies "

*passing

[Removed by poster at 15/06/18 21:13:52]

"Well I’m kind of in agreement with all of the above in parts so far.

I agree that some people are quick to criticise some religions (including Christianity) but don’t apply that criticism consistently over other faiths at times.

I also agree that wishing someone Happy Eid is no different to wishing someone Happy Christmas.

And I also agree with the Atheists that don’t believe in any deity or supreme being overseeing us. I’m not religious at all (but happy for others to be believers and respect their faith)

I don’t know exactly what that all means other than that I’m sat firmly on the fence!! "

It means you have splinters on your arse

"

You brought zakat to the debate to cry and discredit my post regarding the charitable nature of Islam? You then dis missed my comment about muslim aid.

But now seem to be endorsing the point I initially made?"

Is it because I’m female?

(I’m joking, I’m joking)

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"It's Eid people!!

One day we'll be able to sit around together (hopefully naked) and sing kumbaya"

I'm an atheist if you're interest...

Nita

What's not true? That "Christian charities at Christmas don't discriminate against other faiths"? Proof, evidence, links??? Just typing it on an internet swinging forum doesn't make it true!

I don’t know about specifically at Christmas. I do attend a lot of church groups personally, and I can tell you 100% that there is huge amounts of animosity between Christian churches, literally streets away from each other. If you think that Christianity is one lovely loved up group of people, you have no idea what you are talking about. I can’t provide links because I doubt anyone is going to make a formal statement online, from one church to the other, to say- I think them lot are a bunch of cunts. Probably on some extremist website or another- but they aren’t the sites I tend to visit. "

This is not true, there is minor differences in doctrine, but the varied christians do not hate one another, nor seek the harm of each other..

Reading

I don’t know about specifically at Christmas. I do attend a lot of church groups personally, and I can tell you 100% that there is huge amounts of animosity between Christian churches, literally streets away from each other. If you think that Christianity is one lovely loved up group of people, you have no idea what you are talking about. I can’t provide links because I doubt anyone is going to make a formal statement online, from one church to the other, to say- I think them lot are a bunch of cunts. Probably on some extremist website or another- but they aren’t the sites I tend to visit.

This is not true, there is minor differences in doctrine, but the varied christians do not hate one another, nor seek the harm of each other.."

Protestant and catholic Ireland?

Scunthorpe

This is not true, there is minor differences in doctrine, but the varied christians do not hate one another, nor seek the harm of each other.."

Sadly, there are militant factions in all religions that would will harm on others, including those that follow a different branch of their own faith.

Nita

"

Just to clarify charity in islam is divided into several types. Zakaat is but one of those types and it can be given to 8 types of people;

1. The poor, meaning low-income or indigent.

2. The needy, meaning someone who is in difficulty.

3. Zakat administrators (people who are authorized to collect and distribute it among the needy and poor).

4. Those whose hearts are to be reconciled, meaning new Muslims and friends of the Muslim community that are in need.

5. Those in bondage (i.e at the time those that were slaves and captives to enable them to free them selfs).

6. The debt-ridden.

7. In the cause of God.

8. The wayfarer, meaning those who are stranded or traveling with few resources and are in need."

Nothing there about only giving to Muslims.

Gloucester

If I'm mistaken in saying it was go celebrate the war taking Mecca I apologise unreservedly . My understanding was that this was a part of the reasoning behind it .

Any suggestion that I am in the slightest bit racist is nonsense so I'll ignore any of that.

I just happened upon another thread where people who said anything about not being interested in Ramadan were slated yet people seem happy to have orthodox Christianity slated with no recourse .

I think I'll shut up now

"If I'm mistaken in saying it was go celebrate the war taking Mecca I apologise unreservedly . My understanding was that this was a part of the reasoning behind it .

Any suggestion that I am in the slightest bit racist is nonsense so I'll ignore any of that.

I just happened upon another thread where people who said anything about not being interested in Ramadan were slated yet people seem happy to have orthodox Christianity slated with no recourse .

I think I'll shut up now "

I didn’t read any of your question as being divisive, merely an interesting query/thought and open to hearing back info.

By *eadySteadyCockCouple  over a year ago

Tredegar

I look down upon those who believe in any supreme being no matter what persuasion they are. Small minded fools

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

You are joking right ?

And you must be aware that some of the most anti Semitic people are Roman Catholic ?

Many humans are tribal , they will find any petty nonsense to divide themselves

Country lines , county lines , football teams , and the daddy , which made up god story they chose to hope exists !

Gloucester

"If I'm mistaken in saying it was go celebrate the war taking Mecca I apologise unreservedly . My understanding was that this was a part of the reasoning behind it .

I think I'll shut up now

I didn’t read any of your question as being divisive, merely an interesting query/thought and open to hearing back info. "

Some people did

"And don't forget Christmas and Easter aren't originally anything to do with christ.

By that same token, nothing is to do with anything. Surely? "

Woosh

ashby de la zouch

"I look down upon those who believe in any supreme being no matter what persuasion they are. Small minded fools "

I'm a strong atheist , and a passionate one

One thing I know is the act of believing in God does not a fool make , human psychology is vastly more complex than that

London

As I have said it was just general good wishes about Ramadan, nothing about Islam per se.

No one would get slated for wishing people happy Christmas which is the Christian equivalent.

Reading

"And don't forget Christmas and Easter aren't originally anything to do with christ.

Woosh "

No not woosh, elpis. I understand the pagan dates and all of that stuff. What my point was - is that the pagan dates didn’t really have anything to do with anything either. Sunrises, things are born and live, sun falls, winter comes, thing die, sun rises blah blah blah. It’s the story of life. I was actually agreeing with you, in a slightly argumentative way

Reading

Woosh "

Or are we actually agreeing with each other?! Maybe it was a woosh after all!

I think I'll shut up now

I didn’t read any of your question as being divisive, merely an interesting query/thought and open to hearing back info.

Some people did "

People always forget to ask people what their intent is, or to clarify things - hopefully seeing your post now, they can recalibrate their assumptions.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I have no religion. Maybe humanism. But yes, people are too scared to voice opinions in our sanitised , emotional world.

ashby de la zouch

Woosh

No not woosh, elpis. I understand the pagan dates and all of that stuff. What my point was - is that the pagan dates didn’t really have anything to do with anything either. Sunrises, things are born and live, sun falls, winter comes, thing die, sun rises blah blah blah. It’s the story of life. I was actually agreeing with you, in a slightly argumentative way "

Hmmm

I think the sun it's solstices and it's equinoxes are very important and tangible for human well being and survival to celebrate and make noteworthy !

ashby de la zouch

I have no religion. Maybe humanism. But yes, people are too scared to voice opinions in our sanitised , emotional world. "

Honesty and this and the 1000 other forums illustrate that no people are NOT too scared to voice chilling erm , challenging Opinions

Gloucester

"I am not a Muslim myself, but I do have many Muslim friends. I really like the OPs attitude toward swinging, but this particular thread is pretty bad on this particular day. OP - are you Christian? If not, did you come on here on Christmas Day to tell everyone who wished you happy Christmas to fuck off??"

As it happens I am Christian .

And I have explained my reasoning behind the op.

I also apologised for any inaccuracy within it . .

I'm going to stick to swinging subjects from now I think

What id say is it don't belong here in a mainly Christian country

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Well actually , happy Eid is celebrating war , violence and death . Happy Christmas is celebrating the birth of Christ , so they are very different aren’t they ? "

Really ? Which war ? I understand that Eid celebrates community , family, feasting ....... which war ?

Reading

Woosh

No not woosh, elpis. I understand the pagan dates and all of that stuff. What my point was - is that the pagan dates didn’t really have anything to do with anything either. Sunrises, things are born and live, sun falls, winter comes, thing die, sun rises blah blah blah. It’s the story of life. I was actually agreeing with you, in a slightly argumentative way

Hmmm

I think the sun it's solstices and it's equinoxes are very important and tangible for human well being and survival to celebrate and make noteworthy !

"

That is totally awesome dude Nature is god.. that’s all we need to know really.

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

Seems to be perfectly acceptable to bash the christians.

Woosh

No not woosh, elpis. I understand the pagan dates and all of that stuff. What my point was - is that the pagan dates didn’t really have anything to do with anything either. Sunrises, things are born and live, sun falls, winter comes, thing die, sun rises blah blah blah. It’s the story of life. I was actually agreeing with you, in a slightly argumentative way "

You've completely contradicted yourself

Just out of interest... which religion promotes swinging? "

None whatsoever and I personally contest you can't say you follow a particular religious doctrine and be a swinger.

London

"What id say is it don't belong here in a mainly Christian country "

In the last British social attitudes survey 53% of the population said they had no religion.

We're a mainly agnostic country.

Odinism promotes the true pagan beliefs of this land...

And free love a plenty

Aberdeenshire

What doesn’t?

Reading

"I am not a Muslim myself, but I do have many Muslim friends. I really like the OPs attitude toward swinging, but this particular thread is pretty bad on this particular day. OP - are you Christian? If not, did you come on here on Christmas Day to tell everyone who wished you happy Christmas to fuck off??

As it happens I am Christian .

And I have explained my reasoning behind the op.

I also apologised for any inaccuracy within it . .

I'm going to stick to swinging subjects from now I think "

Fair enough, OP- it takes me time to think about what I want to say each time I post- so by the time I do there is a load of other messages I haven’t read that sit above mine! You guys are the kind of swingers I totally look up to, and I always nod along in agreement with pretty much all the responses you put on the forums. I live an area that has a lot of Muslims - Black, white, brown. The lovely joy I’ve seen from my friends today on this special day has been wonderful. It just made me sad that people want to question it, I suppose.

Reading

Woosh

You've completely contradicted yourself"

I know. I pretty much said so in my own post

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

"What id say is it don't belong here in a mainly Christian country

In the last British social attitudes survey 53% of the population said they had no religion.

We're a mainly agnostic country. "

Which is why christian values are being removed and sometimes replaced.

The system is setup to favour a belief over a lack of a belief. If 90% of children in a school are agnostic and 10% christian, then christian values will be observed.

If 70% are agnostic, and 10% christian, and 20% muslim, then muslim values will be observed.

People dont seem to realise that when they put down "agnostic" or "athiest" they are saying "I don't mind what religion the area favours, as I have no belief and my children don't either".

People think it means "Please build everything in this area with no religion in mind", but it doesnt.

"I wouldn't slate a religion, we are all free to believe and worship how we choose."

My thoughts exactly x

Beyond the shadows.

Had this been the USA you might have had some sort of a point. But this isn't a Christian country you may think it is but not. Actually Jewish, Christian, and Muslim religions are very similar. You would have thought they would have been far closer allies then they are. But as always the power grabbers gets in the way of bridge builders.

ashby de la zouch

It absolutely belongs in a secular tolerant society xxx

However I think a rational debate could be had with regards to the "belonging" or worth of your petty intolerant opinion

My favourite part of any religion is the masses of complete hypocrites that practice it

Beyond the shadows.

"My favourite part of any religion is the masses of complete hypocrites that practice it "

Hypocrisy is not the sole preserve of those who follow a religion

Really ? Which war ? I understand that Eid celebrates community , family, feasting ....... which war ?"

I was just thinking that.

So basically this thread was started by you making incorrect accusations against 1.6 billion people, accusing them of celebrating a war.

People shouldn't be slating Christianity, and I don't think there's many Muslims here that would. Rather than defending Christianity you chose to attack another faith. That's the sort of thing racists do so you can see why people might think that after reading your original post.

"

Christianity is still the largest group in the uk, it is a Christian country, its basic laws are founded on Christian teachings, our Queen is Christian, the state religion is christian which is tolerant of other religions...

Our everyday lives are influenced by it wether we be believers or not ...

London

Christianity is still the largest group in the uk, it is a Christian country, its basic laws are founded on Christian teachings, our Queen is Christian, the state religion is christian which is tolerant of other religions...

Our everyday lives are influenced by it wether we be believers or not ..."

Obviously Christianity has had a massive influence on history and culture in this country, but the fact is most people now don't believe in it.

Its also fast becoming something of an older person's thing. The same BSA survey found that 70% of the under thirties had no religion.

a minor survey means little...Christianity is thriving in every town and city in the land and is not just an old folks religion...

Go into any born again christian community, mormon church, jehovahs witnesses etc and see for yourself...

"a minor survey means little...Christianity is thriving in every town and city in the land and is not just an old folks religion...

Go into any born again christian community, mormon church, jehovahs witnesses etc and see for yourself..."

Christianity thriving?

It’s been declining year on year for quite a while now.

And as for groups such as jehovahs, of course it’ll look thriving if you go into their communities. But the better indication would be how many people stop and talk/listen to them or invite them in when they go door knocking.....

The minority of secularists in this country would have you believe its declining with all the noise they make and the hate they spread concerning Christianity, but as said go into your local born again christian communities and you will readily see Christianity is thriving and very much alive

London

"a minor survey means little...Christianity is thriving in every town and city in the land and is not just an old folks religion...

Go into any born again christian community, mormon church, jehovahs witnesses etc and see for yourself..."

It's not a minor survey. It's the British Social Attitudes survey. It's been going for years and has tracked religious allegiance for over thirty years. It's shown a continuous decline.

Some sects may have stood up better than others, but the overall picture is one of decline. Literally no one disputes that, least of all the churches.

"The minority of secularists in this country would have you believe its declining with all the noise they make and the hate they spread concerning Christianity, but as said go into your local born again christian communities and you will readily see Christianity is thriving and very much alive"

I imagine the smaller niche groups are doing well. Their members tend to be very dedicatied. but as a mainstream religion in traditional form it really can’t be described as thriving

Local to us, two schools one C of E, the other catholic have both being replaced by an academy which doesn’t focus on Christianity, local churches have dwindling numbers. Groups such as scouts and guides are in decline, because you used to have to go to get into the school. Now they’re gone there’s no need.

People are favouring hotel weddings which are religion free over traditional Church services.

It is by no means thriving.

London

And it's worth noting that even the census, whose question on religion assumes everyone has a religion and in thus biased towards the religious, showed a decline in Christian adherents from 71% in 2001 to 59% in 2011.

No one expects anything other than a further decline in 2021

London

"The minority of secularists in this country would have you believe its declining with all the noise they make and the hate they spread concerning Christianity, but as said go into your local born again christian communities and you will readily see Christianity is thriving and very much alive

I imagine the smaller niche groups are doing well. Their members tend to be very dedicatied. but as a mainstream religion in traditional form it really can’t be described as thriving

Local to us, two schools one C of E, the other catholic have both being replaced by an academy which doesn’t focus on Christianity, local churches have dwindling numbers. Groups such as scouts and guides are in decline, because you used to have to go to get into the school. Now they’re gone there’s no need.

People are favouring hotel weddings which are religion free over traditional Church services.

It is by no means thriving."

The latest figures for adherents of the Church of England is 10% of the population.

It's ridiculous that we have a state church that 90% of people don't follow.

it only contacts three thousand people, its a very tiny little survey of no consequence...

As said go into any born again christianity community and see for yourself rather than use worthless surveys to give false impressions

London

"it only contacts three thousand people, its a very tiny little survey of no consequence...

As said go into any born again christianity community and see for yourself rather than use worthless surveys to give false impressions"

OK, if you dismiss the most well respected survey in the country as worthless and prefer personal anecdotes there's no point to a discussion.

"it only contacts three thousand people, its a very tiny little survey of no consequence...

As said go into any born again christianity community and see for yourself rather than use worthless surveys to give false impressions"

Go into any traveller community and you’ll see that people living in caravans is thriving......

By *artytwoCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Isn't it odd that no one has ever given any proof, ever of the existence of a god or demon or angel or anything whatsoever that would convert non-believers?

London

As said go into any born again christianity community and see for yourself rather than use worthless surveys to give false impressions

Go into any traveller community and you’ll see that people living in caravans is thriving......"

Go into the medieval battle reenactment community and you will see that fighting with swords and lances is thriving. Don't believe the liars who tell you armies use guns and tanks now...

Aberdeenshire

By that rationale I could walk into a synogogue and deduce that Judaism is the largest religion in the UK.

Aberdeenshire

I see others have made the same point. Sorry.

You guys overblow everything most Muslims just wanna live life like you all and fuck and have fun,religion is just a tag like Christianity etc

By *ur1ou2Man  over a year ago

Prudhoe

Religion is bollocks!!

I’m not saying there is nothing beyond death - I hope there is - or what’s the point of it all But if there IS a God - then why has he allowed so many different religions to flourish- mime monotheistic and some polytheistic

They can’t all be right - and the hatred that some have for the other - like radical Jews and Moslems - when in reality they have more in common ( no alcohol no pork strict observance of the Sabbath etc)

And the persecution and hatred of everything ‘not them’???

I have issues with a God that allows that to happen!!

I'm not sure how amd why you cam repeatedly claim that Christianity is thriving while offering nothing to support that and dismissing evidence in other posts as wrong, biased or irrelevant.

"The minority of secularists in this country would have you believe its declining with all the noise they make and the hate they spread concerning Christianity, but as said go into your local born again christian communities and you will readily see Christianity is thriving and very much alive"

Where is this hate they spread?

I onlysee aethists being sceptical and dismissive of Christianity when a supposed Christian is ramming down their throat.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"It's Eid people!!

..and herein lies the answer!

The OP started a thread about 'our' religion yet seems to know little about it and even less about Islam.

The fact is the principles that underpin religious festivals have long been subverted in the name of consumption and commercialism.

If we all accepted a goodwill to all men approach, the world would be a better place..and you don't need to be a Christian or Muslim (or any other religion) to embrace it!

London

"It's Eid people!!

The OP started a thread about 'our' religion yet seems to know little about it and even less about Islam.

The fact is the principles that underpin religious festivals have long been subverted in the name of consumption and commercialism.

If we all accepted a goodwill to all men approach, the world would be a better place..and you don't need to be a Christian or Muslim (or any other religion) to embrace it!"

I didn't notice the "our" religion bit.

Talk about presumption. Christianity is no more my religion than Islam is.

"I look down upon those who believe in any supreme being no matter what persuasion they are. Small minded fools "

I'm glad that my personal take on on aethieam doesn't come with a sense of superiority.

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

What ever your faith is. ...if it makes you happy and content

May your god be with you.

ashby de la zouch

[Removed by poster at 16/06/18 09:58:23]

By *ndecidedMan  over a year ago

London

I could kneel in front of you and make your knees tremble. I'm religious about that!!

The gullible will always be with us,I suppose.

Wolverhampton

Apparently there is a huge rise in mental illness as well. Probably just a coincidence.

"Apparently there is a huge rise in mental illness as well. Probably just a coincidence."

Mental illness has got nothing to do with religion x

"Apparently there is a huge rise in mental illness as well. Probably just a coincidence.

Mental illness has got nothing to do with religion x"

Nope, but that statement shows the intellectual level of some people.

"And to be fair wishing someone a happy Eid or whatever is no different to wishing someone a happy Christmas. neither means you actually believe in the religion in question. "

Yup!

Wolverhampton

As said, probably just a coincidence and nothing to do with believing in things that don't exist.

Glasgow

"It's Eid people!!

If we all accepted a goodwill to all men approach, the world would be a better place..and you don't need to be a Christian or Muslim (or any other religion) to embrace it!

I didn't notice the "our" religion bit.

Talk about presumption. Christianity is no more my religion than Islam is. "

The 'our' was the OP's reference not mine, sure you appreciated that, but just to be clear

Scunthorpe

"So there are 1.6 billion Muslims who are celebrating the end of the month in which they celebrate the winning of a battle that saw them take Mecca . "

I don't know where this story came from, but I can find no refferences to it anywhere. As far as I can tell, Ramadan is actually the name of the 9th month in the Islamic calendar. The fasting (in the hottest driest month) is apparently a celebration of the first revelations (when they were revealed) of the Quran... an Eid is the celebration of no longer fasting.

Or certainly this is what my research (googling)suggests.

Cal

Gloucester

I don't know where this story came from, but I can find no refferences to it anywhere. As far as I can tell, Ramadan is actually the name of the 9th month in the Islamic calendar. The fasting (in the hottest driest month) is apparently a celebration of the first revelations (when they were revealed) of the Quran... an Eid is the celebration of no longer fasting.

Cal"

Yes , this is the case and I have apologised for any mistakes I made in the op .

I mistakenly read the dates of the takeover of Mecca which refer to days of Ramadan ( the eighth day being when the battle was won ) .

Just to clarify , it was my mistake in suggesting that Ramadan came about as a result of a war .

I’ve done a fair bit of reading since my ill informed post , and I do have to say that the practise of a month long fast to understand what so many unfortunate people have to suffer every day is admirable to say the least . I thank the people who pm’d me to advise where to read up on this .

I really have no excuses for the op , and if there is a positive to come out of it , it’s that I now have a much greater understanding of the real reasoning behind Ramadan .

Cal

Yes , this is the case and I have apologised for any mistakes I made in the op .

I mistakenly read the dates of the takeover of Mecca which refer to days of Ramadan ( the eighth day being when the battle was won ) .

Just to clarify , it was my mistake in suggesting that Ramadan came about as a result of a war .

I’ve done a fair bit of reading since my ill informed post , and I do have to say that the practise of a month long fast to understand what so many unfortunate people have to suffer every day is admirable to say the least . I thank the people who pm’d me to advise where to read up on this .

I really have no excuses for the op , and if there is a positive to come out of it , it’s that I now have a much greater understanding of the real reasoning behind Ramadan ."

Happy Eid

Cal

I really have no excuses for the op , and if there is a positive to come out of it , it’s that I now have a much greater understanding of the real reasoning behind Ramadan ."

A lot of people should take example on your behaviour. (including myself)

Not a lot could openly admit they made a mistake and it shows how open minded you are !

Inspirational

There is only 1 god.

One thing no one can and ever disputes.

Good luck to followers of all religions. Faith is no bad thing.

Cal

I really have no excuses for the op , and if there is a positive to come out of it , it’s that I now have a much greater understanding of the real reasoning behind Ramadan .

Not a lot could openly admit they made a mistake and it shows how open minded you are !

Inspirational "

She is our role model

Cal

Cal

Inspirational

She is our role model "

It reminded me the story of an australian who had so many preconceptions abt muslims and immigrants but decided to go into the nearest mosque next to his home and learn about what he ignored.

Fucking inspirational!

Cal

Inspirational

She is our role model

It reminded me the story of an australian who had so many preconceptions abt muslims and immigrants but decided to go into the nearest mosque next to his home and learn about what he ignored.

Fucking inspirational! "

Maybe if we all read the faith 'books' we would all be more understanding..

spoken as a Christian who has read the Quran

Glasgow

Cal

Cal

Inspirational

She is our role model

Fucking inspirational!

Maybe if we all read the faith 'books' we would all be more understanding..

spoken as a Christian who has read the Quran"

Have you ever watched the Ted Talk of Lesley Hazelton on reading the Quran ? Or even read her book ?

If not, I think you would really find it interesting and spot on.

Just out of interest... which religion promotes swinging? "

Haha no religion promotes swinging its now down to individuals

This all bollox, not sure where you got war from or who ever have put you into all this Ramadan isn't about this or when breaking the fast is like winning the war, No no No

I'm a happy soul "

I like you lol

Are you kidding?? The charity work that goes on in the UK at Christmas is the best I've ever seen, and I've lived in many countries! Maybe it's just not "advertised" as much?

Do you mean charities helping the vulnerable? Yes that's applaudable and something I have pteviously been involved in.

But what icwas refering to, perhaps not clearly is that eid I'd celebrated more by giving rather than consuming.

"

You need to get your facts right first."

Go Atheist. It's the only way

» Add a new message to this topic