FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Getting over love

Getting over love

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How do you do it? after 2mnths that person is still on ur mind. Even worse the person says they have moved on and is now seeing someone else

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

sometimes the choice isnt yours to make, you juts have to accept it as difficult as it may be xx

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I think sometimes we never lose the love, just learn to cope

I try to hate but cant, try to forget nut cant, sometime su smell the perfume, or see clothes they wear, grrr i hate this

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

depends whether they where the true love of your life. it only took along time for me to get over one person but that was the first person i lived with. everyone else id stopped moping about within three weeks including my husband. if something is over its over. you have to move on

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Mine died of an accident just over 3 years ago, and I still miss him dearly.

Certain days are worse.

However, life goes on.

I concentrate on remembering the happier times, and try not to let the unhappy memories get me down.

Having new hobbies and activities certainly helped me in the past 3 years.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

2 months is a short time,dont beat yourself up.

Contact with the other probably isnt helpful,how do you know they have moved on?

I lived with someone for 2 years. When we broke up I found it hard to cope, mainly because he'd set up and single profile on here and met someone less than 2 weeks after we split(she was a friend on our couples profile). I ended up going down the antidepresant route, which I don't recomend! If you feel you can't cope, get some relaxation cd's and some breathing exersises, meditate a little. Now I can say I'm happy we split up, otherwise I would never have met my Sir/OH (incidently, who I eyeballed at a social 2 days before we split..lol) who I love and trust completely, though I have been a bit of a cow to him due to suffering from sinusitis. So at the end of the day things do get better. I hope everything turns out well for you x

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

It's difficult and everyone gets over a split in their own time. Worse when it isn't your decision.

See your friends and go out but don't rush into another relationship. You will learn to get on without them.

Good Luck

By *ngieandMrManCouple  over a year ago

hereford

When my wife walked out it was nothing short of a major shock to my system, even though I knew it was on its way and ultimately the best thing. Be that as it may I made a decision based on a simple fact...

I was doing perfectly OK BEFORE I met her, we did have some good times together but now its OVER. No point in letting it tear me to bits. I was OK before and therefore I knew I'd be OK after... I created my own 'light at the end of the tunnel' and fought my way to it. Then met the RIGHT ONE, she is right for me and I'm right for her.

Try not to feel sorry for yourself, the fact its over is proof it wasn't right and that is actually a positive... the start of the rest of your life with greater knowledge and understanding. Accept that you are suffering grief but concentrate on moving forward.

Best of luck to you

You'll know the person who is to be the 'one' for you as she'll still be next to you on the day your draw your last breath, unless she draws her last breath first and you're still next to her. Anyone else is simply a rehearsal for the real thing.

ir the train doesnt stop at your station .....guess what ????? its not your train .........ive had my heart broken on more than one occasion the first time was after 35 years together and trust me you get over it in time ......

My partner died 4 years ago, I still miss him every day. You don't forget but, you learn to live with the feelings ..... I take comfort in that we had something special that will stay with me for the rest of my life

By *DSRMan  over a year ago

leicester

whats love got to do, got to do with it? when some times we last in love but some times it hurts instead

see mates, keep busy... remembering all the fun being single can bring

and always brush your teeth

By *toneblueMan  over a year ago

Southampton

"How do you do it? after 2mnths that person is still on ur mind. Even worse the person says they have moved on and is now seeing someone else"

You just have to wait. 6 months to a year in my experience before it gets easier but I'm sure everyone's different and every love is different.

It can help to meet someone else though, so as the envelope shaper (ADSR) said, don't give up on the personal hygiene!

It will drive you mad LOVE .. If you let it ..... you have to see it for what it is and not think if only or it will drive you nuts. You learn to live with it and TIME is the only thing that helps ...the passing of TIME .... Thay say its better to have loved and lost then to have never loved . Just shows you what your missing when it do come and go. Kisses and BIG HUGS XX

It's not a case of "how", you have to, or you'll drive yourself crazy!

Thing is to move on you have to let go and wish that person well. To do less will only eat away at your own happiness and well being.

"2 months is a short time,dont beat yourself up.

Contact with the other probably isnt helpful,how do you know they have moved on? "

I wanted to remain friends and i wanted to keep in touch , yes i know now I was setting myself up for pain, but i will try to move on .

"How do you do it? after 2mnths that person is still on ur mind. Even worse the person says they have moved on and is now seeing someone else"
happend to me my friend, there is still an big empty hole there, but you learn to live with it.

Every one says it will go in time, just do 1 day at a time, it does get a little better

for some reason you always think women get hurt a lot more when it comes to love as us men are always portrayed as ' dogs' lol. But let it be known us men do hurt,

I must be a hard hearted bitch cause i seriously cant see the point wasting time on something that was in the past.

At least you jumped straight on here when you split up

"I must be a hard hearted bitch cause i seriously cant see the point wasting time on something that was in the past.

"

OOO you are hard, us blokes do have feelings you know,

"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?"

"I must be a hard hearted bitch cause i seriously cant see the point wasting time on something that was in the past.

OOO you are hard, us blokes do have feelings you know,

"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?" "

I must be hard, if its someone who has died or a marriage has ended i can fully understand. But if we all lived in the past where would we be? I just box my life into chapters. When one finishes i turn the page and start the next

at the end of the day it is how you come out the other side that matters, minen made me stronger, and a little harder on the emotional front

"at the end of the day it is how you come out the other side that matters, minen made me stronger, and a little harder on the emotional front"

It does, every experience in life does that. Thats what makes us who we are and i know that everyone has different ways of dealing with different difficult situations

if it didnt hurt you didnt love ,if you can learn to live with it you can love again! if you get bitter you wont move on if you love again learn from the hurt.first cut is the deepest for anybody

hexham

"2 months is a short time,dont beat yourself up.

Contact with the other probably isnt helpful,how do you know they have moved on?

I wanted to remain friends and i wanted to keep in touch , yes i know now I was setting myself up for pain, but i will try to move on .

"

friends are people who share mutual goals and interests...right now you dont.Who knows in a few years you might be friends,but right now there is no need to be in that kind of contact.So long as the break wasnt nasty you can put her in the belongs in the past box and try to move on,

hexham

"for some reason you always think women get hurt a lot more when it comes to love as us men are always portrayed as ' dogs' lol. But let it be known us men do hurt, "

i think,as you get older,you will realise men are far softer and more romantic than women.

don't think you ever do get over a "true love". Your heart finds a place to keep them and allow you to live on eventually and then the memories become warm and honeysweet when you have accepted that.

By *ngieandMrManCouple  over a year ago

hereford

"don't think you ever do get over a "true love". Your heart finds a place to keep them and allow you to live on eventually and then the memories become warm and honeysweet when you have accepted that."

Totally agree with you there. If you consider that typically people outlive their parents. Their death doesn't change how you feel about them, you just have to accept they are not around anymore. And this is the thing when a partnership break-up is seemingly one sided, it might not change how you feel about the person but you have to accept they are not going to be a part of your life anymore (or at least not in the same way).

So it tends not to be a 'get over it' thing, more of a 'learn to live with it', easy to say I know but it is a fact it does get better with time.

» Add a new message to this topic