FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > School friends

School friends

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Are you still friends with anyone from your school days or, like me, did you lose touch with them years ago ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

i am still friends with a few and have met up with some since i moved back to jockland as well

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

im still in touch with some of my school friends but have seen them less over recent years now we've all got families

a couple of them i chat with on facebook sometimes. one of my best friends died when she was 32.

No, lost touch when we all went to different Uni's. Most moved on to different towns/countries. Have met a few since for a drink etc, but I've/we've moved on personally, and no longer interested in them.

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I am in a roundabout sort of way

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"No, lost touch when we all went to different Uni's. Most moved on to different towns/countries. Have met a few since for a drink etc, but I've/we've moved on personally, and no longer interested in them."

I'm still mates with a couple of lads I lived with at Uni, but no one any further back than that (mind you, that's quite far enough haha)

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"Are you still friends with anyone from your school days or, like me, did you lose touch with them years ago ?"

No which is a shame.

Especilly as I was very good friends with 2 girls in particular. We started nursery together, went all through school and then college with each other. One of them even worked with me at our first job for a while.

But gradually ended up not contacting one another anymore.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

My two best friends are friends from school and the rest of my close friends are people that I met when I left home at 18 and started work.

nah... couldnt stand school anyway, stuck somewhere I didnt want to be and with quite a few people I wouldnt choose to share an airfield with, never mind classroom so when we all went our separate ways I stayed in touch with a few that seemed to matter which dwindled down to two 20 years later. I think as you grow up there are very few things from your childhood experiences which have any relevance to your current life, and the people you have as friends reflect this through shared experience. Those you are fussed over or have a real friendship with you stick with, whilst acquaintances come and go like shoes. When I look at facebook now there are a fair few from school who dont seem to have moved on and still rattle on about how it was the best time they ever had blah blah blah - which seems a bit of a waste of the last 20 years. The here and now is much more fun anyhoo

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well two of mine have died in the last 10 days, one aged 46 one 47. But out my very closed friends 2 i went to school with and there are others that i class as good friends but generally not in touch with that many

All my friends are people I went to school with.

Its the friends that I made in my 20's that I have lost touch with, I moved around, didnt really settle anywhere till about 5 years ago.

By *eavy Metal BallzMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

One of my mates is a guy who I went to junior school with, know each other for 30 odd years, even after both of us working abroad for long periods of time we are still tight. Went through a rough patch a few years ago when I started dating his younger sister, also after he pissed himself on my sofa after a heavy night out lol !

My then wife was less than impressed.

I hated school and have tried my utmost to forget about those years, I got a message on Facebook recently saying, ...are you blah-de-blah who I went to school with?

eeeeek!!

I met my closest friend when we were 14. although we live a distance apart we still make time to go and get pissed once or twice a month.

Our other closest friend died 18 months ago and we make more of an effort now to keep in touch

Stil friends with someone I went to school with? I am sharing a flat with one as we speak! (so no not really, lol)

By *istress ValeporcaCouple  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

Just one, who's organising a school reunion...am I going? am I bloody heck! cling ons lol Just because I atended the same building doesn't mean I'm interested in them now lol

By *DSRMan  over a year ago

leicester

I left home and grew up, left it all behind except the very closest of close friends... then suddenly woop woop... i joined my current gym and re-met loads of the old school crew, bad ass boom boom So i see loads of them again right now, it's been loads of fun

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

Lost touch ages ago.

By *ue care and attentionWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

What a sad thread. I went to my first school reunion in June this year and loads turned up, it was a bloody brill night. So good that we had another in September and have another planned for the beginning of December.

I guess I was lucky that the mad sods I went school with are still as mad as they were then. Great bunch and we have a real hoot. So glad I went

My two best friends I met at school and have known since I was 7. Ok, so I'm still pretty young and that's only 20 years I've known them, but not bad going, and I know I'll always know them!

» Add a new message to this topic