FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > fireworks

fireworks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

is it time to make fireworks unavailable to the public, and only have properly organised events.

I ask this as every other year, there have been a host of injuries again this year, including the horrible m5 crash( i know this was a organised display).

And also as a dog owner, as all you other dog owners can sympathise, am sick of the,. Its been going on for a week now and my dog is a dribbling mess. One night would have been enough.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

so because you own a dog, every other responsible adult cant enjoy one night of a year with family and friends?

yeah that sounds fair

"so because you own a dog, every other responsible adult cant enjoy one night of a year with family and friends?

yeah that sounds fair "

i did say one night would be enough

We have 2 dogs, but don't mind the fireworks.

In fact we had an enjoyable Saturday night watching the neighbours children setting off their fireworks. We believe in this funny old philosophy of live and let live

Christ knows we'll be banned from breathing soon if some folks get their way

while i agree that people should be able to live and let live, but the problem is that alot of people do get hurt every year by fireworks, they are very dangerous, a house nr us burned down last year because a private display went wrong.

and im very against the nanny state but it seems od that anyone can buy what is in efect an explosive and with no training do what they want with it.

"

and im very against the nanny state but it seems od that anyone can buy what is in efect an explosive and with no training do what they want with it.

"

They allow anybody to buy a car and they are easily as dangerous as fireworks.

Lets ban them as well.

"

They allow anybody to buy a car and they are easily as dangerous as fireworks.

Lets ban them as well."

thats not realy a valid comparison, unless your driving without a licence

No where in law does it say you need a license to buy a car.

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

"We have 2 dogs, but don't mind the fireworks.

In fact we had an enjoyable Saturday night watching the neighbours children setting off their fireworks. We believe in this funny old philosophy of live and let live

Christ knows we'll be banned from breathing soon if some folks get their way"

'Watching the neighbours children'? That's responsible.

By *rummpsMan  over a year ago

thanet

"No where in law does it say you need a license to buy a car."

And I'd bet that 99.9% of th lunatics I see driving every day hold a valid license.

Ban everything except cotton wool. No wait, that can be iffy too!

_rummps x

"No where in law does it say you need a license to buy a car.

And I'd bet that 99.9% of th lunatics I see driving every day hold a valid license.

_rummps x"

Personally I would dispute the 99.9% of people driving hold a license but get your point 100%.

I think before long youre spot on about the cotton wool.

If I was forced to choose I'd probably be more likely to ban public ownership of certain dogs.

That said, I'm not really part of the 'banning brigade'.

Maintain our freedoms and educate.

"No where in law does it say you need a license to buy a car.

_rummps x

Personally I would dispute the 99.9% of people driving hold a license but get your point 100%.

I think before long youre spot on about the cotton wool."

Have to agree ban cotton wool and ballons they are my phobias , the feel of cotton wool is just yuk and as for ballons they make me cry

"If I was forced to choose I'd probably be more likely to ban public ownership of certain dogs.

That said, I'm not really part of the 'banning brigade'.

Maintain our freedoms and educate. "

well that has already happened, due to some idiots owning dogs they cant control

well i totally agree with swingerdelight. organised displays only and where they are safe to be held.

my cats hate them and they go on for about 2wks here still had some last night. it was 11pm sat when they stopped by me.

one night with organised displays only.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Fireworks are for children and stupid people who need shiny lights to temporarily take their minds off their banal existence.

Except them water fall effect fireworks, they look good on bridges. But that's it.

"Fireworks are for children and stupid people who need shiny lights to temporarily take their minds off their banal existence.

Except them water fall effect fireworks, they look good on bridges. But that's it."

i do actualy like fireworks, but why have a 20 pound box set from the local shop, all over in a second or two, when you can go to a half hour display, and often for free

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

I have never understood why we allow people to buy something that can be used to destroy property and peoples lives! Yes I know that some on here have likened fireworks to cars, but I don’t see how you can look at transport, which is essential and fireworks and see similarities! Fireworks have become an indication of wealth! If not actual wealth, perceived wealth.

One of our neighbours had a firework go awry this year and as a consequence, I have to re-roof my shed! Lucky that we can see into the garden where we sit at the computers! I am not really a “Banning” person, but I truly can’t understand why they are still available to the general public!

By *uro anchorMan  over a year ago

Coventry

why not use the dangerous cotton wool in the cats and dogs ears..and the people that dont like fireworks...

BUT BE CAREFUL.....

By *uriousc88Woman  over a year ago

Reading

As a dog owner, having had 3 dogs who have all been trained (by us) to be totally unbothered by fireworks, I think there are more than enough options available to keep your animals calm during fireworks displays.

Why should people be banned from having their own private displays? Why should I have to go and park in a big muddy field, then go and stand in another big, muddy field. Pay for overpriced food and drink. Get stepped on by people. Put up with other people's obnoxious screaming children running around, running into me, fighting, crying, throwing tantrums. End up spending 6 hours out, waiting to get in and out of carparks while some powercrazed div in a hi-vis directs compact cars to the muddiest spots of the field and leaves the spotlessly shiny 4x4s on the hard standing.

Why should I have to do all of that, when I could just have a small, quiet, family and friends display in the comfort of my own back garden, celebrating and enjoying good food and good company, with a nice warm house to retreat to once the display is over?

"I have never understood why we allow people to buy something that can be used to destroy property and peoples lives! Yes I know that some on here have likened fireworks to cars, but I don’t see how you can look at transport, which is essential and fireworks and see similarities! Fireworks have become an indication of wealth! If not actual wealth, perceived wealth.

One of our neighbours had a firework go awry this year and as a consequence, I have to re-roof my shed! Lucky that we can see into the garden where we sit at the computers! I am not really a “Banning” person, but I truly can’t understand why they are still available to the general public! "

knives, baseball bats, chainsaws, hammers, etc etc we can all buy those too

Even if they just sold em on the 5th and stopped selling em at the end of that day that would help a lot

Bonfire night is just one night after all

"As a dog owner, having had 3 dogs who have all been trained (by us) to be totally unbothered by fireworks, I think there are more than enough options available to keep your animals calm during fireworks displays.

Why should people be banned from having their own private displays? Why should I have to go and park in a big muddy field, then go and stand in another big, muddy field. Pay for overpriced food and drink. Get stepped on by people. Put up with other people's obnoxious screaming children running around, running into me, fighting, crying, throwing tantrums. End up spending 6 hours out, waiting to get in and out of carparks while some powercrazed div in a hi-vis directs compact cars to the muddiest spots of the field and leaves the spotlessly shiny 4x4s on the hard standing.

Why should I have to do all of that, when I could just have a small, quiet, family and friends display in the comfort of my own back garden, celebrating and enjoying good food and good company, with a nice warm house to retreat to once the display is over?"

what options are they, we have a rescue dog, used to have two but one passed away earlyer in the year, we have tried everything, even very strong tranks from the vet, and the vet and us are at aloss what to do, so any tips would be great, but like i said we have tried most things. btw the dog was horribly abused as a puppy.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

As i said on the other thread, i think you should get a license from the council to buy fireworks. For organized displays whether it be a pub or a big display. We have a massive display here every year and it was £3.50 a ticket. So for a family of for thats £14. Your not going to get many fireworks of your own for £14 plus its much more fun

"Even if they just sold em on the 5th and stopped selling em at the end of that day that would help a lot

"

xmas day is just one day but bloomin retailers start in July, Easter eggs are out in January etc etc..

its all about money :D

Plus just because i buy a product on the 5th doesnt mean im gonna use it for another 4 weeks

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Even if they just sold em on the 5th and stopped selling em at the end of that day that would help a lot

xmas day is just one day but bloomin retailers start in July, Easter eggs are out in January etc etc..

its all about money :D

Plus just because i buy a product on the 5th doesnt mean im gonna use it for another 4 weeks "

You might not but others do

» Add a new message to this topic