FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > cameras

cameras

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *g99 OP   Couple  over a year ago

s

We are looking at buying a decent camera, and starting photography as a hobby, is ther anyone out ther who can recommend a decnt camera? Around £300 max? And any good software for editing pictures on laptops?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We are looking at buying a decent camera, and starting photography as a hobby, is ther anyone out ther who can recommend a decnt camera? Around £300 max? And any good software for editing pictures on laptops? "

Are you after a digital camera or a digital slr?

Photoshop or Aperture by Adobe, cameras though I aint got a scooby

By *parrow77Man  over a year ago

cheshire

Camera I got hxv5 from Sony amazin an price slashed due to new model out, used on hols not bad pic ever

But there are lots depends hat after

The Lumix range is good - Leica lens, Full HD video capability and it would leave you a whole 1p change from your budget if you bought the DMC-TZ20 model. Photoshop elements is a good entry level image editing software - it will do most of the basic tasks in a user-friendly way. Happy shooting!

HS10 by fuji, best bridge camera, hd video and takes a great picture, if can find one highly recomend the new model is not as good the hs20.

We were out shopping for my son yesterday for christmas pressents . He wants a camera . Went into Currys £100 (less 1p) got us a very high spec cannon, point and press . when i looked at it it has a lot of thing on it which i find very usefull on my G1 which cost a lot lot more .We looked at the more expencive ones and they did not have the spec of this one !

and then we got a £10 back voucher as well ! When in to jessops and same camera was £129

Dont go too high on the spec , because you will only buy something which you may never use !! lot of the toys are not needed ! its more about the subject you are taking than the camera !

Hope this helps,

Thanks P

Google free Photo Editing programmes.....

Try GIMP it`s free & reasonably comprehensive... but unless your working with the likes of photoshop, it can be a little complicated for 1st timers.

The camera will depend on what you are looking to do, simple snaps are ok with a point n shoot camera like a sony cybershot of 1 of the lumix range... most under £300.

If your looking for something more comprehensive, you will probably need a DSLR or a Compact System Camera.... either will probably be more than your budget £300.

I good tip is..... try a few because if it feels good to handle it will probably be good to use.

Googe for recomendations on the camera & on prices.

» Add a new message to this topic