FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Which would you prefer?

Which would you prefer?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A polite lie or the truth

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Truth all the way but clever enough ta realise life ain't always that simple xx

The truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Troooof. A lie is never polite......mostly

A polite truth?!

To save someone elses feelings... I will lie through my teeth...

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

give me the truth everytime,if it's harsh,deliver it with some tact.

Does my ass look big in this darling?

Enough said ah xx

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Truth generally, although it depends who it's coming from...

In relation to swinging and this site, maybe a polite lie. I dont know anyone here, you are strangers to me, therefore I dont think you have earned the right to be honest with me. I would only accept that from friends.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Giving or receiving?

"In relation to swinging and this site, maybe a polite lie. I dont know anyone here, you are strangers to me, therefore I dont think you have earned the right to be honest with me. I would only accept that from friends.

"

Eh?

But if a close friend was honest with me then I would accept that because I know there was no hidden agenda behind the truth, ie; jealousy, the desire to hurt me etc.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Always the truth.

And if you don't know the answer, admit it!

As my first Personnel Manager said to me back in 1973, "You can lie, but you have to be good! To lie and get away with it, you have to lie for ever!

But, no-one is that good!"

I've always remembered that!

"In relation to swinging and this site, maybe a polite lie. I dont know anyone here, you are strangers to me, therefore I dont think you have earned the right to be honest with me. I would only accept that from friends.

Eh? "

Double eh?

Bradford

[Removed by poster at 05/11/11 23:51:00]

Bradford

"Always the truth.

As my first Personnel Manager said to me back in 1973, "You can lie, but you have to be good! To lie and get away with it, you have to lie for ever!

I've always remembered that! "

Be honest Genguy, and have a stab to the nearest 100 or so, but just how many jobs have you had in your working life? Every post seems to be about different job.

Bradford

Eh?

Double eh? "

Hull

[Removed by poster at 05/11/11 23:57:24]

Don’t really care as long as we have a good time!

I`ll have the truth spoken to me..

I sometimes tell a white lie..to save someone unneeded distress....ignorance is bliss..

Well to clarify, sorry I was doing something else and didnt really finish the post.

I was referring to messages really. I would never send a message to someone telling them exactly why I didnt want to meet. I dont feel the need for that really, so I graciously decline. Theres no need to be brutally honest with them. I dont know them, theres no need to hurt anyones feelings. And thats how I expect to be treated too.

Or in a club if people want to play and we dont, we will say, oh were a little tired and are taking a break at the minute. I dont see the need to say anything other than that.

I think sometimes a little white lie is better than the truth.

But in certain situations, and from people I know well and trust, then I would accept the truth, even if sometimes it was something I didnt want to hear.

Hull

"Always the truth.

Be honest Genguy, and have a stab to the nearest 100 or so, but just how many jobs have you had in your working life? Every post seems to be about different job. "

Oh that's easy! I've had 28 jobs so far since 1973. Some lasted for only a few months, others lasted far longer!

I've worked predominantly in Hotel Management, but have also worked in Security posts in Haulage, Ferry Port, Retail, and Pharmaceutical businesses; The Civil Service (2 posts); a recruitment company, a call centre, and The Guinness Book Of Records.

In Hotels, I worked at every managerial stage up to GM + Operations Manager level. in hotels, I have met major people from show business, politics, & sports backgrounds. Plus I have served royalty at banquets.

Yes, I have had a varied life!

"Well to clarify, sorry I was doing something else and didnt really finish the post.

I was referring to messages really. I would never send a message to someone telling them exactly why I didnt want to meet. I dont feel the need for that really, so I graciously decline. Theres no need to be brutally honest with them. I dont know them, theres no need to hurt anyones feelings. And thats how I expect to be treated too.

Or in a club if people want to play and we dont, we will say, oh were a little tired and are taking a break at the minute. I dont see the need to say anything other than that.

I think sometimes a little white lie is better than the truth.

But in certain situations, and from people I know well and trust, then I would accept the truth, even if sometimes it was something I didnt want to hear. "

You saying you do not want to meet them is being honest

You saying you are tired is being honest (if you are tired). If you aren't and they see you playing a little later then the likelyhood is your 'little white lie' may upset them even more.....

On a site where one of the biggest gripes is "why are people not just honest" it all seems a bit strange to us.

But each to their own

"

You saying you are tired is being honest (if you are tired). If you aren't and they see you playing a little later then the likelyhood is your 'little white lie' may upset them even more.....

On a site where one of the biggest gripes is "why are people not just honest" it all seems a bit strange to us.

But each to their own "

Or perhaps, without putting words into someone else's mouth... Albeit with a conclusive ""... The point may have been to illustrate the preference for a graciously educated "No thankyou" over an unnecessarily ignorant "Fuck no you ancient, overweight, malodourous twat..."

Of course I may err...

"

But each to their own

Or perhaps, without putting words into someone else's mouth... Albeit with a conclusive ""... The point may have been to illustrate the preference for a graciously educated "No thankyou" over an unnecessarily ignorant "Fuck no you ancient, overweight, malodourous twat..."

Of course I may err..."

Oi, we aren't ancient....

And we were just illustrating the point that honesty doesn't suddenly have to mean full disclosure. There is plenty in between before you get to the aforementioned unnecessary ignorance.

But then again we would rather have the full truth no matter what. Gets it in the open, no room for any 'misunderstanding' then. Average body parts maybe, but we were at the front of the bloody thick skin queue

Bradford

"

But each to their own

Of course I may err..."

Thanks!

At least when i receive the latter of these two i cease to harbour any thoughts that they may change their minds somewhere down the line.

Bradford

"

Average body parts maybe, but we were at the front of the bloody thick skin queue "

Arr, so it WAS you who was pushing. I knew it.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

It is a false either or,you can tell the truth without being rude.Telling someone you dont want to meet them is the truth,there is no need to go into why.

"

Average body parts maybe, but we were at the front of the bloody thick skin queue

Arr, so it WAS you who was pushing. I knew it. "

Guilty as charged

Bradford

Let's also consider, if people did speak or post "truthfully", what proportion would be barred, at least for a while?

High i would expect.

"

Let's also consider, if people did speak or post "truthfully", what proportion would be barred, at least for a while?

High i would expect. "

Amazing how people equate truthfullness with a lack of tact or an excess of horriblenessityness

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"

High i would expect.

Amazing how people equate truthfullness with a lack of tact or an excess of horriblenessityness"

My point exactly...i dont see why it wud mean a ban at all

"A polite lie or the truth "

If you never know a lie to be a lie you can only know it for the truth.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Always the truth.

Be honest Genguy, and have a stab to the nearest 100 or so, but just how many jobs have you had in your working life? Every post seems to be about different job. "

Pardon my language, but is it International "be a cunt" day today?

I only ask cos this is one of a number of threads where people are having a pop for no apparent reason?

truth.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

polite truth

"Always the truth.

Be honest Genguy, and have a stab to the nearest 100 or so, but just how many jobs have you had in your working life? Every post seems to be about different job.

I only ask cos this is one of a number of threads where people are having a pop for no apparent reason? "

If expressing a counter opinion is "being a c***" then one can understand why certain responses are less than the whole truth...;-)

A perfect example... *Applauds*

By *DSRMan  over a year ago

leicester

i don't care as long as i like what you say.. or else

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Always the truth.

I only ask cos this is one of a number of threads where people are having a pop for no apparent reason?

If expressing a counter opinion is "being a c***" then one can understand why certain responses are less than the whole truth...;-)

A perfect example... *Applauds*"

Having a different opinion is fine, in fact its to be encouraged.

Perhaps it was only me who thought the quoted exchange was un-neccesary and uncalled for?

id like the truth every time

I tell the truth, this way, I do not have to remember the lies I have told!

Truth, always but just because you're telling the truth it doesn't have to be nasty

I always prefer the truth, play it straight and ill never harshly judge or hate you for it.

But im guilty of the polite lie I have to say!

See im just full of contradictions!

x

Sometimes, the truth hurts, however, I see it as being "cruel to be kind".

I am definitely not good at pussy-footing around an issue.

Bang and out with it is more my style!

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"I always prefer the truth, play it straight and ill never harshly judge or hate you for it.

But im guilty of the polite lie I have to say!

See im just full of contradictions!

x"

+1

I like the truth and hate hurting peoples feelings so i may find away around things so dont hurt them .

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"A polite lie or the truth "

This a question that can't be answered without knowing the question that would be lied or truthed to.

By *DSRMan  over a year ago

leicester

Lie to me if it helps, who cares as long as the lie is taken as truth! if i don't know you lied then it is truth to me... So say whatever you like but make it convincing coz i;m not thick x

King's Crustacean

"Sometimes, the truth hurts, however, I see it as being "cruel to be kind".

I am definitely not good at pussy-footing around an issue.

Bang and out with it is more my style! "

Cruel to be kind ? Who benefits?

The truth every time...but I have been know to tell a "Wobbly Truth" on many an occasion

King's Crustacean

"Lie to me if it helps, who cares as long as the lie is taken as truth! if i don't know you lied then it is truth to me... So say whatever you like but make it convincing coz i;m not thick x"

Yes you are.

» Add a new message to this topic