FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > who else doesnt like fireworks

who else doesnt like fireworks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

i dont like this time of year it upsets one of my cats. she hides upstairs out the way of the noise. thankfully so far it hasnt been as bas as previous years.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Can't stand them: never have done. My girls don't like them either.

my poor dog -- wouldnt be so bad if it was just for the one night -- but it starts at halloween and just goes on and on

could feed a third world country with all the money that goes up in smoke

Never seen the fascination with them, much better (and safer) to go to an organised display. It also means you don't have to put up with a fortnight of loud noises but I can definitely recommend a chocolate brown labrador, she doesn't even flinch as she is, by nature, a gun dog.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Terrified of the bloody things. Ever since someone threw a rocket and it just missed me and i had callum in my arms as a baby.

There ok from a distance and i used to take them to the displays but stand well back. Worst night of the year for me

I dont like them either and my little dog gets very nervous. I cuddle her but it doesnt make any difference, she just sits by me panting all the time. I used to have a poodle and when she hear fireworks, she would just wander about then go under the sideboard.

First year i had my cats they where still very young on firework night and i took them both to the vets for a small sedative. Hoping my cat will come home tonight

"First year i had my cats they where still very young on firework night and i took them both to the vets for a small sedative. Hoping my cat will come home tonight"

The organised displays can be great, but the shop bought ones are shite.... defo dont get much bang for your bucks

Hate them for the fact they do totally confuse and scare the hell out of dogs etc.

My lovely border collie used to cower in to a corner and shake with utter terror, we tried everything to help him, but it just takes one of those riddiculously loud things that shakes the ground to make you jump and any animal go to pieces.

"First year i had my cats they where still very young on firework night and i took them both to the vets for a small sedative. Hoping my cat will come home tonight"

The plug in feeliway pheromone thing is supposed to be good for such occasions. I use the spray for the cat carriers and it does help calm them down even tho one still poops himself bless him. I leave a radio or tv on quite loud in the house to drown out the firework noise. I hate the fecking things! I'd much rather go to an organised display. Ms

I love a good organized display and would much prefer if fire works were kept to just them and not sold to the general public.Would possible mean not as many would get hurt by them and keep them to just a couple nights this time of year and then things like New Year.

My personal thoughts are that they shouldnt be sold to the public with out some sort of licence from the council. I have no objection to organized displays whether its a family group or big display. But if you had to go and get a licence to buy them it would stop the idiots getting them (to a certain degree)

"My personal thoughts are that they shouldnt be sold to the public with out some sort of licence from the council. I have no objection to organized displays whether its a family group or big display. But if you had to go and get a licence to buy them it would stop the idiots getting them (to a certain degree)"

Forum Mod

People don't just have then for bonfire night now

They have them for weddings,parties and birthdays too

I never liked them much as a kid but don't mind the big displays,the one we have is always awesome when its not pissing down which its likely to be tonight

I do feel sorry for all the pets that hate them though

By *eighleedsMan  over a year ago

leeds

"Terrified of the bloody things. Ever since someone threw a rocket and it just missed me and i had callum in my arms as a baby.

There ok from a distance and i used to take them to the displays but stand well back. Worst night of the year for me"

Hate them and similar experience, except i was the baby and the rocket or whatever it was hit my mother whilst i was in her arms, at an organised display. somewhere around 1968

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Me......i fucking hate them....make me jumpier than a jumpy thing

i hate hearing them when i cant see them

love displays

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

I love them, organised displays are better and safer, do feel sorry for animals though and they do seem to be let off far more these days. I have heard that if you sedate your pet it doesn't make them any less afraid they're just too dopey to bark/howl or quiver so that sounds even worse than not being sedated! Z

The organised displays are good, but hate this time of year cos of my dogs.

Plus as others have said, if it was just one day a year it wouldnt be so bad.

Its not been so bad this year, but normally the kids around where i live keep letting off the odd one for weeks before and after bonfire night.

i like fireworks and i like the colours

the bangs my cats hate

I love fireworks, the lights and the smell etc., and find it very romantic.

However, I shan't be attending a display on my own.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"i dont like this time of year it upsets one of my cats. she hides upstairs out the way of the noise. thankfully so far it hasnt been as bas as previous years."

kev hates them and as a daughter of a fireman i just wish everyone would go to organised displays.My Dad has been pelted with rocks too many times for me to be a fan

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

My Labrador also doesn't mind fireworks. I have never seen the point of what is ultimately setting fire to hard earned money. If the need ever arose then I would go to the local organised display and watch them set fire to there money

November 5th.

The day when everywhere sounds like a normal night in Hackney.

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

[Removed by poster at 05/11/11 18:53:10]

Norfolk

oppps spelling is cr4p tonight

nope hate them, can't see the point at all - and why oh why do we celebrate what was after all a failure?

"oppps spelling is cr4p tonight

- and why oh why do we celebrate what was after all a failure?"

Because we're British..It's what we do best

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

Not bothered either way, like everyone else on this sort of site, it's not the sort of "bang" im after!

It's the pets I feel sorry for.

Norfolk

"oppps spelling is cr4p tonight

- and why oh why do we celebrate what was after all a failure?

Because we're British..It's what we do best "

unfortunately that is so true

I love them, but I have stayed in and I'm watching from the window.

My bearded collie hates them and jumps up on me every time she hears them go off.

But the other dog, the daft 'doodle, is sitting beside Titch watching them out the window!

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple  over a year ago

horwich

Should ban from general sale and only be licensed to trained pyrotechnis. Get so much of a better display too. Would pay to see that but never but our own as such a rip off

I dont mind the organised displays but i got hit by one a few years ago so am now a bit nervous of getting too close and never go to private do's...

Hit by a firework...not a display i hasten to add!! lol

I don't mind them on the night itself, though I think the fact that they are pissed about with for two whole weeks is rather pants. I live on top of a hill so the view through my conservatory and french doors is lovely, but my two cats probably wouldn't agree. They do get startled by the first few of the night, but after that they usually just nod off even with the racket going on outside, I've never known animals like them tbh....

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

My dog was so comfortable with them after he went deaf..

There are 65 houses on my road, I think 64 are having fireworks parties.

At least it's kept the six foxes quiet tonight, but my nerves are frayed.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

me.. Im a real bah humbug these days..

I keep rushing outside when I hear fireworks only to find them gone when I get there. Fecking things! Why can't they make them last a bit longer!! I wanted to go to the big display down the park near us but Siren's feeling all cranky with her hips again so we couldn't go. I think she just dun't like to see me enjoying myself. I'm a pyromaniac y'know. Anyone need an insurance jobbie done? Cars? Houses? Neighbours?

I may have the strangest dog ever!!! he is a little jack russell that I rescued a few years ago, not only is he nothing like a normal { jack } as in he doesn't yap or nip, he also LOVES sitting on the back step watching fireworks.. But I do feel for you all that have pets that suffer tonight. I used to own a staffie that wrecked the house every time he heard one.

I hate fireworks and just think what a waste of money

By *lack_BoltMan  over a year ago

oxford

Definitely not keen and can't see the point. Organized events are preferred but the whole point of the festivities seems to be lost on the younger generation.

The whole idea of standing around in a small garden, sparkler in hand, shivering in the cold and wet, while watching a few pathetic fireworks fizzle and die. Or watching half a dozen half-hearted erratic explosions, while wondering whether we could have done a little more fun instead, is probably one of the saddest things imaginable.

However it's the effect on my poor cat that bothers me the most. And the only consolation this year is the fact that I've managed to keep her calm this year by not getting stressed about her reactions to the noise, which seems to have worked. But I could really do without it all together.

By *issNaughtyxxxWoman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Gemini, im with you. I have 2dogs and horses and it's a horrible time of the year for animals full stop. The amount of firework related injusry's and crulety caused to animals at this time of the year is awful. Pretty to look at but they don't excite me in anyway. Think for the world we live in, they are far to overpriced. They could put a lovely little display on for the children and put the local money to such better use.

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

I don't like them and never have. I can honestly say I have never ever spent any money on them, not even a packet of sparklers!!

When I was a child the house across the road used to have a party every year. The lady would make all her own toffee apples and things, there would be a huge bonfire and lots of fireworks. Everybody would gather round in there back garden and enjoy themselves. I would be sat inside and I'm still the same now. Hate it.

» Add a new message to this topic