FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > As soon as I say disabled

As soon as I say disabled

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As soon as I say I'm disabled on crutches for walking it's end of conversation and often blocked any one else have this problem it's so disheartening

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Hi,no we haven't encountered that problem ourselves. What I would suggest is that you mention it either straight away or in your profile so that you don't get too far down the line.

Not everyone will be deterred

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Far too many shallow people on here, my friend, keep trying.

"As soon as I say I'm disabled on crutches for walking it's end of conversation and often blocked any one else have this problem it's so disheartening "

It’s their loss if they don’t go with you

It wouldn't put me off x

It's not shallow and it's not their loss

"It's not shallow and it's not their loss "

It wouldnt put us off x

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"As soon as I say I'm disabled on crutches for walking it's end of conversation and often blocked any one else have this problem it's so disheartening "

It's not something that would bother us, but ultimately if someone isn't attracted to you for any reason, then forget them and move on... you won't persuade them that they're wrong.

The smallest of details can be enough to make someone attractive or otherwise, so concentrate your energy on those who would not those who won't.

Cal

"It's not shallow and it's not their loss "

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Tricky one.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It probably wouldn’t worry me as I’d be hoping a lady would be on her bed a lot anyway.

I have back and leg problem can hardly more somedays so on days i feel up to meeting i look for a meet i got chatting and got told who the fuck.want meet u ? U are no good to anyone fuck off .

People forget we are all differant people may have something wrong with them or not look like a film star but everyone has feelings

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

Do you want to meet somebody that would do that?

Im guessing not... just move on and forget them.

"I have back and leg problem can hardly more somedays so on days i feel up to meeting i look for a meet i got chatting and got told who the fuck.want meet u ? U are no good to anyone fuck off .

People forget we are all differant people may have something wrong with them or not look like a film star but everyone has feelings

"

Report abusive messages. Don't let it bother you- it would have been a dreadful meet if they talk to you like that.

By *i fem huntersCouple  over a year ago

london

You should have told them that you use your penis as a crutch......

Wouldnt put us of either. More about personalitie and a connection for us. Xx

What idiots! Ive met a guy with cerebal palsy in a wheelchair off here. Im also arranging to meet a guy in a wheelchair as he is paralysed from the waist down. Makes no difference to me. If theyre cute who cares

By *agermeisterMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Saw a woman wheelchair bound with MS. One of the best women I've ever met.

That's a bit fuckin shite …. so big deal you're on sticks - what's the problem with that ? We (MY wife and I) met a couple and they gut was wearing a bag .. but it was no big deal

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Fab can be harsh OP. Keep trying though.

By *hips n FursMan  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Sod em op....anyway look on the brightside, at least you got to the conversation stage. 90% of the guys on here don't even make it to first base.

Well was first time in along time i got a reply been on and off here 13 years have had 2 social meets only last one was 7 years ago

"As soon as I say I'm disabled on crutches for walking it's end of conversation and often blocked any one else have this problem it's so disheartening

Sod em op....anyway look on the brightside, at least you got to the conversation stage. 90% of the guys on here don't even make it to first base. "

"As soon as I say I'm disabled on crutches for walking it's end of conversation and often blocked any one else have this problem it's so disheartening

Sod em op....anyway look on the brightside, at least you got to the conversation stage. 90% of the guys on here don't even make it to first base. "

Here here, i keep sending messages and they just get bulk deleted like many others. So annoying

By *ewelsssWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I am a wheelchair user , and also use sticks never had a problem , always said from the start about my health , met my special person on site 4 years and never looked back , don't give up , x good luck x

By *ojo1964Man  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Firstly, as a disabled person myself confined to a wheelchair with Cerebral Palsy (but not like No Voice Man), yet I live alone.

On my profile I've always been upfront and try to explain what wrong and also add humour to the profile and to any messages I send. Sometimes it works other times, nothing but I carry on and keep trying.

Its difficult when you try to explain on a site like FAB how a disability affect you.

Lastly, I also think people are scared by things that they don't understand. I would say to the able-bodied is ask questions, don't be afraid disabled people will try to explain and sort things between you both.

I'm paralysed from the chest down and use a wheelchair full time. I decided it was best to mention that I'm a wheelchair user in my profile, and have a public pic of me in it.

I've been blocked a couple of times when they learnt I use a chair, but so what? Saves everyone time.

I myself would never meet a guy in a chair. I don't see anything wrong with that. It's a preference.

Hi everyone. So I'm disabled and in a wheelchair and thus is my second time that I have joined and still don't seem to get any verification and hardly ever get any replies to my messages. I've tried being totally honest on my profile and taken it off and then mentioned it only for pretty much the same thing happens. I really don't know what to do anymore and really starting to loose my mind and faith in this site. Please if anyone has any suggestions or can help please do. Thank you everyone.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"Hi everyone. So I'm disabled and in a wheelchair and thus is my second time that I have joined and still don't seem to get any verification and hardly ever get any replies to my messages. I've tried being totally honest on my profile and taken it off and then mentioned it only for pretty much the same thing happens. I really don't know what to do anymore and really starting to loose my mind and faith in this site. Please if anyone has any suggestions or can help please do. Thank you everyone. "

Hello mate. Unfortunately numbers are stacked against us single guys. Having a decent positive profile and some good pics is only half the battle.

It’s not an instant thing success on here. You have to remain upbeat and you will meet people.

There are plenty of people from similar threads who say they will meet disabled people but the laws of attraction apply so it’s up to you to market yourself.

Are you able to travel to clubs and socials because that’s another great way of meeting people and becoming known as a decent reliable chap?

Keep the faith dude.

By *essie.Woman  over a year ago

Serendipity

"Hi everyone. So I'm disabled and in a wheelchair and thus is my second time that I have joined and still don't seem to get any verification and hardly ever get any replies to my messages. I've tried being totally honest on my profile and taken it off and then mentioned it only for pretty much the same thing happens. I really don't know what to do anymore and really starting to loose my mind and faith in this site. Please if anyone has any suggestions or can help please do. Thank you everyone. "

You have only been here a week though. Give it chance and your status is negative. That won’t help.

Thanks for the advice.

Twisted thank you very much for the very positive words and for the advice. I really appreciate it. Have a great wkd.

People like this aren't worth your time anyway mate. Don't let it deter you though, a lot of shallow and small minded people in the online world, but there are a few gems about, albeit few and far between..

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 14/03/20 09:06:21]

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

People like this aren't worth your time anyway mate. Don't let it deter you though, a lot of shallow and small minded people in the online world, but there are a few gems about, albeit few and far between.. "

Comments like this annoy me!

My close friends come in all shapes, colours and sizes. My husband and partners have been diverse.

However, the people I find sexually attractive and want to fuck casually via Fab and the like are not!

This is fantasy, and for some, fat, old, short, black, bi, disabled etc are not it!

Doesn't make them shallow or those of us excluded from individual choices inferior in any way!

» Add a new message to this topic