FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > MRI Scans

MRI Scans

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi,

hoped somebody on here could give me a few tips on getting through this.

I have 3 to undergo today for my neck back and knee.

The first time I endured... but it was only my knee, my head didn`t quite get in the tube.

I feel completely rubbish for not being able to get my head around it at the moment. Have to go at 5

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Hi,

The first time I endured... but it was only my knee, my head didn`t quite get in the tube.

I feel completely rubbish for not being able to get my head around it at the moment. Have to go at 5"

You need to try and relax...i know its easier said than done....think of your favourite song, maybe listen to it before you go...you know the kinda song that takes you to a good place? Good luck xxxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

as said above try to relax, they are pros and know what they are doing, shut your eyes and think of happy things, worked for me. and good luck

Tell them, they aren't unfeeling, quite the reverse, and when I had mine they were really kind, and helped to put me at ease....(I didn't have my head in there though), good luck xx

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cheadle

difficult for you if you suffer from claustrophobia, maybe close your eyes and imagine you are walking through a lovely big field of pretty flowers and rolling hills in the distance????, other than that, all I can say is you will be perfectly fine, I've had them before and i'm still here to tell you about it, hugz n stuff, Ruby, xxx

I didn`t think I was till I had my knee done.

t this time they have to put my head in a brace thing to keep me still.

I`ve been reading about opensided scanners. That would make a hell of a difference, that and drugs....

Thanks Girlies, it`s easier to chat sometimes...here, than to people that will nag me to death about it.

x

"difficult for you if you suffer from claustrophobia, maybe close your eyes and imagine you are walking through a lovely big field of pretty flowers and rolling hills in the distance????, other than that, all I can say is you will be perfectly fine, I've had them before and i'm still here to tell you about it, hugz n stuff, Ruby, xxx"

Listen to Ruby! i've had 5 scans her advice is the best on here!

Billy

xx

Hi,

I had one a few weeks ago on my head and the bit I worried about was when someone asked "Are you claustrophobic?".

Suddenly the thought was there.

But don't worry. The scan will probably be maybe 15 minutes and they offer you headphones as the scanner noise is so loud. Just try and chill as no harm will come to you.

Try and drop off to sleep. Relax and focus on the music or pick a spot and focus on that.

Honestly there is nothing to worry about. Good luck.

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

"Hi,

I feel completely rubbish for not being able to get my head around it at the moment. Have to go at 5"

I have had a few of these and they give you a control with a button on it ,when you want out you press the button and it takes you out you can have a brsak and when your ready it will take you back to the exact place you were ...it only take a few mins anyway .

just pretend your on a beach in the sun and chilled out

soon as ur in just shut ur eyes nice n tight and imagine ur on a tanning bed

it`ll be over in no time

By *arnayguyMan  over a year ago

Durham Tees

Just pretend you are a cock sliding into a pussy, you can even use that button thing to go in and out!

But just don't forget where you are and start playing with yourself.

By *issNaughtyxxxWoman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Hope it goes ok chick, i have had way to many and used to get so nervous but now i'am used to it. As most have said, try to relax some MRI departments play music into headphones. Close your eyes and have a wee sleep. Or think of your deepest fantasy perhaps, something that is going to have you so deep in thought that you forget or almost forget where you are.

Let us know how it goes, ive got 4 next week x

When I had my back scanned I felt very claustrophobic, I just closed my eyes and went for an imaginatory drive lol

Didn't want to think naughty thoughts as I didn't want the Major popping up on the scan

By *annGentMan  over a year ago

With a cracking view

Had one myself, and they tried to play music for me, unfortunately the machine does make a racket, as I had been pre-warned !!

As the others say, though hard to do, relax, and try and picture yourself somewhere calming and relaxing.

Hope it goes OK for you.

By *uzzy2177Man  over a year ago

swindon

they had headphones for mine and played a cd or the radio, as the machine makes a bit of a noise.

close your eyes and drift off.

i did actually nearly go to sleep!

I bailed out.

Did let them know though.

Im going to try again. Soon

Thanks for your help everyone

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

"I bailed out.

"

Absolutely shocking. You let them know - WAY too late for someone who might have been grateful for that appointment (or whose life it might have saved).

You should be thoroughly, thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

*Her*

hopefully you will be able to get this soon.

if you have been asked to go for one you should try do it asap as the longer yu wait the harder it will be as you will get yourself more worked up.

just try to relax and go to a happy place. if youve ever tried to mediate before do it again. its what i done when i got the mri tests and it helped me.

good luck and i hope it works ot for you xx

By *hi-John69Man  over a year ago

chichester

"I bailed out.

"

Give me a call next time, I'll come nad hold your hand

[Removed by poster at 01/11/11 22:20:15]

"I bailed out.

Absolutely shocking. You let them know - WAY too late for someone who might have been grateful for that appointment (or whose life it might have saved).

You should be thoroughly, thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

*Her*"

Thank you for that,your comment was neither helpful nor thoughtful.

They were very understanding actually, I explained my panic, and we talked through the possibility of using an open sided scanner in Swindon.

Thanks for adding it though...

A friend of mine had one done years ago, i seem to remember her saying she was given some sort of medication to sedate her? She was still awake, but totally chilled and didnt have the panic feeling.

Would it be worth either chatting to them, or ur GP and see if this is a possibility?

x

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"A friend of mine had one done years ago, i seem to remember her saying she was given some sort of medication to sedate her? She was still awake, but totally chilled and didnt have the panic feeling.

Would it be worth either chatting to them, or ur GP and see if this is a possibility?

x"

Hell, yeah... do this!

Everyone knows that hospitals are great places to get some really, really good drugs. Not as good as the police, obviously, but still good nonetheless.

Ask them for some morphine. And if you don't take it all then gimme a shout

Joking aside, hope you can overcome your fears and get the scans done and dusted asap. I ain't gonna lecture you about how important it is or why you should be doing it as I'm sure you know everything I would say already, so what's the point?

Be strong and best of luck for the next time. Hope it all goes OK for you.

-_arambar xx

» Add a new message to this topic