can i get it cheaper ???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

My plusnet is about £26 a month

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

£26.48 and i dont have a landline. Plus great customer service. There English!!!

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

You're paying £50 a month for just broadband OP?

For £50/month you can get unlimited fibre, phone and TV (with everything except movies/sport/kids) with Sky

Take a look at sites like uswitch which will allow you to make a comparison based on what you are looking for.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes, you can get many cheaper deals.

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"You're paying £50 a month for just broadband OP?

For £50/month you can get unlimited fibre, phone and TV (with everything except movies/sport/kids) with Sky

Take a look at sites like uswitch which will allow you to make a comparison based on what you are looking for."

and a woman thrown in to turn the channel over!

Take a look at sites like uswitch which will allow you to make a comparison based on what you are looking for."

Don't I repeat don't go through us witch!

Use topcashback or quidco. I've just switched from sky to BT via quidco..my cost pm is £23.99 but I have got £110 cashbook and a £50 preloaded Mastercard total £160 back for going via quidco...taking the cost down to around £14.50 pm.

You will not be able to go to BT as you are already with them but search to see who is paying the most out for standard broadband and switch to them.

Then do the same again at the end of your contract as loyalty stands for mug with these

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Take a look at sites like uswitch which will allow you to make a comparison based on what you are looking for.

and a woman thrown in to turn the channel over!"

deal

yeah latest bill which is about the norm £156

iverang loads of times but they say its all correct

ive read these replys so i will ring again and see what they say

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

Now if a man had said that haha

EE - £17.99 a month unlimited... and if you have a mobile contract with them you get an extra 5gb data booster per month

"im with bt

mr loyal

25 odd years

never use landline havent even got one

tv is basic as poss as dont like sport or watch movies

im asleep 7 hours a day at work 10 and only have a lap top

quaterly bill always £150

never hear anyone moaning about there internet connection price

can i get it cheaper ???"

Yes! For just internet, £50 a month is extortionate. I have a landline with free calls, broadband and a variety sky bundle for less than that

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

I’m in Hull so KCom have a monopoly. 41 quid is the cheapest monthly package. Others are starting to find ways to provide it but you have to be in the right area which I’m not so I have a choice of one supplier.

"yeah latest bill which is about the norm £156

iverang loads of times but they say its all correct

ive read these replys so i will ring again and see what they say"

Why ring them again? Just go somewhere else, they are charging you a fortune and you've already given them the chance to be more competitive

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

You can definitely get a lower cost service and potentially earn some money for switching too. I'm with BT and paying too much, so will probably follow suit in a while. Obviously review the companies that offer the service, as some of them are known for offering 'predicted' service speeds that aren't reliable, based on their lack of capacity: Watchdog featured some of them a while ago. Consider also the minimum contractual period too, as it would be expensive to leave early.

I'm with Virgin. Broadband and landline £34 per month, although I wouldn't recommend them, they are a shite company!!

do your deals include line rental and vat etc ??????????

you have to have line rental to get internet right

line rentals about 17 quid a month isnt it ?? so theres 51 a quater

so im paying 100 a quater for my internet

dosent sound so bad when they explain it like that

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

"EE - £17.99 a month unlimited... and if you have a mobile contract with them you get an extra 5gb data booster per month "

Plus 17.50 line rental

I was looking at that today and decided no

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

I'm currently with sky at 28.99 which includes line rental.

Only trouble is when my daughter updates her pc or is downloading games it cuts out with other devices connected

"do your deals include line rental and vat etc ??????????

dosent sound so bad when they explain it like that"

My current package which includes line rental, unlimited fibre (faster than broadband), free anytime national calls and TV bundle of everything except sport/films/kids is around £50 a month, so basically the same as you but for a whole lot more

The post I made earlier does....normally the broadband is free and you just pay for the line rental...as I said check out topcashback or quidco to get the best deal

Wow...where do I sign up

Just checked and Sky are currently doing a Broadband and Talk package that includes line rental and unlimited broadband for £20/month (and £19.95 set up fee) that comes with a £50 Prepaid MasterCard on a 12 month contract - much cheaper than what you currently have OP

My line rental is £9 of the cost, don't have any TV, but pay a total with tax and all phone calls including international calls of £37 per month.

If you don't really want to leave BT get a Plusnet or talk talk or anyone quote, phone BT tell them to match it or you walk. I do this pretty much every year.

thanks for advice ,i'll haggle bt down

answerwill be your in a contract so cant probably

rip off britain

british telecom rips us off

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

Broadband only and phone line. Don't use the phone line for calls.

Comes to 54 something a month. Rip off bt. Stuck paying the bt prices for life. New build area where bt made sure no other company including Plusnet owned by bt can access the lines or lay lines. As bt did a deal they lay all broadband lines on this site and make sure no other company can ever acesss them meaning they can get 4500 new customers.

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

I wish I was lucky enough to move like these deals above.

We are with EE and pay £28 p/m for internet, landline and free weekend calls or something but we don't use the phone. We often have 4 or 5 devices to the internet and it works perfectly. It doesn't pay to be loyal to companies anymore. What you do find now is companies will renegotiate your contract every 18/24 months tying you in for longer so the fact you've been with them 25 years may mean nothing.

Ginger

"I wish I was lucky enough to move like these deals above."

No luck mate you just need to get savvy

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Use topcashback or quidco. I've just switched from sky to BT via quidco..my cost pm is £23.99 but I have got £110 cashbook and a £50 preloaded Mastercard total £160 back for going via quidco...taking the cost down to around £14.50 pm.

You will not be able to go to BT as you are already with them but search to see who is paying the most out for standard broadband and switch to them.

Then do the same again at the end of your contract as loyalty stands for mug with these"

As Plusnet is owned by BT go with them, far better customer service great speeds if you are in a fibre exchange and about 25% less than BT plus they do great sim only deals for your mobile once you join and its on the EE network.

Then do the same again at the end of your contract as loyalty stands for mug with these

As Plusnet is owned by BT go with them, far better customer service great speeds if you are in a fibre exchange and about 25% less than BT plus they do great sim only deals for your mobile once you join and its on the EE network."

I don't know why I posted that...op is staying with BT. ..I give up

"EE - £17.99 a month unlimited... and if you have a mobile contract with them you get an extra 5gb data booster per month

Plus 17.50 line rental

I was looking at that today and decided no"

Nope - just paid my first bill at £17.99

I was paying 72 a month to bt for everything, swapped to now TV and pay 18 per month for more! On a 12 month contract which I can then change monthly after the initial year! Better broadband, better TV! It's a no brainer really!

Peach x

"thanks for advice ,i'll haggle bt down

answerwill be your in a contract so cant probably

rip off britain

british telecom rips us off"

You're allowing them to rip you off. Dozens of answers for advice for you, yet you're still remaining wit BT you muat enjoy wasting cash. Most would rather not, BT are just a label like Heinz, most now know other beans are available.

"Broadband only and phone line. Don't use the phone line for calls.

Comes to 54 something a month. Rip off bt. Stuck paying the bt prices for life. New build area where bt made sure no other company including Plusnet owned by bt can access the lines or lay lines. As bt did a deal they lay all broadband lines on this site and make sure no other company can ever acesss them meaning they can get 4500 new customers."

BT don't own any of the copper in the ground, that is owned by Openreach. And by law they have to allow other operators to use it. So Plusnet, sky, or any other broadband supplier can operate the line for you. Any issues can be reported to Ofcom.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Great advice here: the easiest being to get BT to compete with the company that's offering a much lower price for comparable speed and service. If you switch, then the cashback sites will usually have cash that they will pay you for switching from their sites - the 2 main cashback sites quidco and topcashback, listed earlier.

Check that the company you may move to doesn't have traffic shaping, which some of them do: BT doesn't. If the new one does, the service may seem slower than you are used to but if you mainly just browse the web, rather than game or stream video, you'll probably not notice much difference. New contract lengths with some are 12 months minimum, others are 18 months, so check how long you'd be tied in. Phone call charges also differ, for the phone calls you'd make on your phone line, so compare the types of calls you'd make, that wouldn't be included in any bundled 'free' allowance.

» Add a new message to this topic