FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Secret.....

Secret.....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

To those people who have been with their partner for 15 years or more.....what is the secret to a long happy relationship?

Do some people just stay together for the sake of it, ie kids, finances?

Do you become more like best friends (rather than passionate lovers) and are happy with that?

Or are you still madly in love, if so, how do you keep the spark there after years or being together and trials and tribulations of life getting in the way?

Genuinely curious.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ooh I don't know if there is a secret other than happenstance of meeting the right one, we've been together for 19 years and whilst we have had our ups and downs, managed the curve balls that life has thrown at us we've stayed by each others side. Our sex life has its peaks and troughs, mainly down to me being knackered after finishing work, but we established many years ago that our relationship doesn't revolve around sex, during the "honeymoon" phase we acknowledged then that it was unlikely to last forever, so I guess discussing expectations, hopes, dreams and feelings is essential, as well as compromise and knowing when it's best to keep quiet

Ginger

Sky sports

"Ooh I don't know if there is a secret other than happenstance of meeting the right one, we've been together for 19 years and whilst we have had our ups and downs, managed the curve balls that life has thrown at us we've stayed by each others side. Our sex life has its peaks and troughs, mainly down to me being knackered after finishing work, but we established many years ago that our relationship doesn't revolve around sex, during the "honeymoon" phase we acknowledged then that it was unlikely to last forever, so I guess discussing expectations, hopes, dreams and feelings is essential, as well as compromise and knowing when it's best to keep quiet

Ginger "

Happenstance and communication.

"To those people who have been with their partner for 15 years or more.....what is the secret to a long happy relationship?

Do some people just stay together for the sake of it, ie kids, finances?

Do you become more like best friends (rather than passionate lovers) and are happy with that?

Or are you still madly in love, if so, how do you keep the spark there after years or being together and trials and tribulations of life getting in the way?

Genuinely curious."

I was with my wife for 14 years. 5 years married. We broke up because we were more mates than anything. Alot of our friends are just together because it's easy. They constantly moan about each other. We didn't want to get to that stage so we split but are still really good mates.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

We agree on almost everything.

Mine wasn’t happy, he was mentally abusive and controlling so for me it was a case of I didn’t know how to get out of it. X

By *adyinred696969Couple  over a year ago

Brecon

We have been together 32 years.

I think I stay with him just to torture him lol.

Nah, I guess we were just lucky to find each other first time round, I genuinely couldn't imagine life without him, and I know he feels the same.

We have had our ups and downs in the past, but we are too stubborn to quit, so we talked and sorted stuff out.

Many don't "get" him, but they don't see him like I do, behind closed doors, vulnerable (he'll kill me for saying that lol), fun, soft and cuddly.

He's mine for life.

"We agree on almost everything. "

You're incredibly lucky that you have an understanding wife

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"We agree on almost everything. "

This, and if we ever do have a disagreement, which is rare, we never go to sleep without sorting it out first.

Honesty is the key

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's luck for the most part. We're inclined to concentrate on the least important aspects of a relationship when we're choosing a life partner. I blame all the romantic rubbish we're fed from the cradle. If you can survive that and end up with someone who has similar life goals, who broadly complements your personality in that they are opposite in many ways and will stick around when things get rough you stand a chance. The rest is down to communication, tolerance, respect and having each others back even when you don't like each other very much. That and love.

"To those people who have been with their partner for 15 years or more.....what is the secret to a long happy relationship?

"

Not getting caught posting on swingers sites helps.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Not getting caught posting on swingers sites helps."

By *rincessvenusCouple  over a year ago

Hull

ahh sorry i cant affford the divorce

Not getting caught posting on swingers sites helps."

Naughty.....I like it though

» Add a new message to this topic