FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Slimming

Slimming

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Last week I joined a slimming club after I saw myself on TV and realised how overweight I’d got. After just a week I’ve lost nearly a stone and feeling really good about it so far.

My problem is that I think once I get down to a weight I like, I’ll fall off the wagon and put it all back on again

Has anyone had any long term success with these “slimming clubs” and how did it work out?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Obviously not had great success myself but those I know who have don't think of it as a diet.... It's a lifestyle change.

I’m trying to change my lifestyle (gym, no drinking, healthy foods, etc) but I know I’ll get tempted one time and that’ll be it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I did, lost 2 and a half stone and kept it off for 2 years. Then I got happy again and it piled back on lol. I've decided the real trick is to be miserable then it stays away

I don’t want to be miserable though lol

No on the club type scenario but general tips

Eat in a way you think you dont hate, and could see yourself maintaining in otherwords dont crash diet.

Experiment with exercise findnwhat you enjoy (no fabbers sex does not count)

When you get down to a good weoght but a new pants/outfit that fits well.. if it starts getting tight its a good early sign before you will visually notice

Rope someone in to keep you honest.. give them a free pass to call youbon bad habits creeping back in or weight gain.

Mainly though dont try to live like a Monk while losong weight the more extreme the measures normally the bigger the bounce back.

Well done on the weightloss sonfar though

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

A stone in a week? That's quick.

And I'll ask....what tv programme were you on?

I've lost 2 stone with slimming world, but still have another 3 to lose.. I think it is a whole lifestyle change.. not just what you eat, but when & how as well as regular exercise too

i have to lose weight over the next few months, pre a back op...just been on holiday and walked loads , which has helped already, now its nicer weather i'm going to keep it up, as well as eat a little more frugally...it's not easy, wish you luck!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

some fantastic slimmers on here OP. I am not sure they will thank me for naming them but there are several threads every so often that you will see them contribute on.

I admire their effort so much. Good on you

By *odestyB007Woman  over a year ago

Winchester

Did a journey by myself with LCHF/ketogenic diet and lost 4-5 stones over 3-4 years and been stable over 2 years, can treat me once a week but still keep the eating habits so it's more a lifestyle/way of living, enjoying what I'm eating.

Check out dietdoctor

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

We have a TV star in our midst.....can I have an autograph xxxxx Suzi

I lost 4 stone and out 3 of it back on due to crap that happened in my life. I'm now doing a keto based diet some days and meal replacements others, last week lost the most I've ever lost on any diet, but I know the maintenance will be the hardest part

"We have a TV star in our midst.....can I have an autograph xxxxx Suzi"

Hah hah. Hardly. It was on the sports news and I was in the background for a few seconds.

Simple and not saying it to Be rude, you need to be in a calorie deficit. Ie you burn more than you consume, eat sensible, don't make it so miserable you set yourself up to fail, start with 3 good eating days a week ,then build it up , monitor your exercise and nutrition aim to exercise 3 times a week

Get yourself on TV more often!

"Get yourself on TV more often! "

No thanks. I don’t want to ever be famous

[Removed by poster at 17/04/18 23:02:32]

"Simple and not saying it to Be rude, you need to be in a calorie deficit. Ie you burn more than you consume, eat sensible, don't make it so miserable you set yourself up to fail, start with 3 good eating days a week ,then build it up , monitor your exercise and nutrition aim to exercise 3 times a week "

That’s what I’m trying to do but I have no will power and I know it.

"Last week I joined a slimming club after I saw myself on TV and realised how overweight I’d got. After just a week I’ve lost nearly a stone and feeling really good about it so far.

My problem is that I think once I get down to a weight I like, I’ll fall off the wagon and put it all back on again

Has anyone had any long term success with these “slimming clubs” and how did it work out? "

I joined a slimming club last year, I have lost 2 stone so far. Not quite at target yet. 10lbs to go. But seem to be a bit stuck. My body seems to have hit a plateau lately. Fluctuates between 1lb on & 1lb off each week. Starting to think this is the weight my body wants to be.

I’m a little unsure how to maintain my target weight when/if I finally get there.i guess it will come down to continuing with making healthy choices with the odd little treat.

I've had long term weight loss and kept it off without the need of joing a slimming g club or gym.

My doctor told me there was no need for either and as a general rule most find them counter productive.

"Last week I joined a slimming club after I saw myself on TV and realised how overweight I’d got. After just a week I’ve lost nearly a stone and feeling really good about it so far.

Has anyone had any long term success with these “slimming clubs” and how did it work out? "

Lost a bit of baby weight after the kids with a slimming club but after a while they started to piss me off. Put on 1.5lbs one week and though the wee wummin was going to take me out the back and shoot me. Had more success on the 5:2 and fasting.

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Just find a diet style that suits what you enjoy eating.

Obvious ones are lowering your carb intake and substitute the carb rich foods with more veg.

Also slow release foods such as pulses and oats help fill you up and keep you full, lots of water too, drink loads (or sugar free squash) to keep hunger at bay..

Slimming world is an easy one to follow and as long as you follow the basic principles it is a simple maintain..

"Just find a diet style that suits what you enjoy eating.

Obvious ones are lowering your carb intake and substitute the carb rich foods with more veg.

Also slow release foods such as pulses and oats help fill you up and keep you full, lots of water too, drink loads (or sugar free squash) to keep hunger at bay..

Slimming world is an easy one to follow and as long as you follow the basic principles it is a simple maintain.. "

It’s Slimming World I’ve joined and so far it seems quite good. I’m just conscious that I can’t stay on it for ever just to maintain my weight when I hit my target weight.

I haven't joined a slimming club but have lost weight by calorie counting. I find this really easy to do and if I fancy something like a glass of wine or some chocolate I'll have it. I've lost nearly 2 1/2 stone since October and don't feel I'm in danger of falling off the wagon as I'm not depriving myself of anything. Good luck op. Oh and exercise will help but don't try to do too much at once. It'll make you miserable and more likely to not succeed.

Do it as a lifestyle change, otherwise you won’t maintain it and keep active!

"We have a TV star in our midst.....can I have an autograph xxxxx Suzi

Hah hah. Hardly. It was on the sports news and I was in the background for a few seconds. "

The camera always makes you look fatter..

"We have a TV star in our midst.....can I have an autograph xxxxx Suzi

Hah hah. Hardly. It was on the sports news and I was in the background for a few seconds.

The camera always makes you look fatter.."

I looked bloody huge though. I was wearing a suit and I just looked like a fat sweaty businessman.

Diets aren't all or nothing. It should be something you see yourself doing for the rest of your life. When your losing weight you eat a certain amount...when you get to your target weight you'll be able to eat more. That doesn't mean go back to your old ways. You shouldn't be telling yourself your going to fail the first week. If you don't see yourself doing it long term it's not the diet for you x

By *heislanderMan  over a year ago

cheshunt

"Do it as a lifestyle change, otherwise you won’t maintain it and keep active! "

I ( the Mrs) struggled for so long trying to diet as I am addicted to chocolate lol ...I would get 2 days into one and then fail and gorge on all the things I knew I shouldn't have and do more damage than if I wasn't trying to loose it .

Last year I joined slimming world I decided that to stick to it I would have a treat day just once per week , my day was Saturday( weigh in thursday) ...so every week I had a takeaway If i fancied it but noticed that without realising I was trying to make the better choice from the menu . And as I'm so bad for chocolate I set aside enough syns each day for a small kit Kat or chocolate biscuit just to cover me if I needed it . I stuck to it and lost 2 stone In around 3/4 months .... I think if you try to cut everything that you love out , you will just fail, hate every minute of it And go back to your old ways ....don't try to rush it and just try to be good 90% of the time ....I found that I used to take chocolate and crap food for granted and not really notice the taste just eating it more for the sake of it ....doing the treat day I found I enjoyed it so much more because it's just that....a treat .

Hope you stick to it and you will feel so much better in yourself .

The tip above of buying a nice outfit when you're at target weight is good .....you don't notice yourself if you put a little back on so if things start to feel snug ....pull back a little on the food .

Mrs xx

» Add a new message to this topic