FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Does Anyone send letters to people anymore?

Does Anyone send letters to people anymore?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We have an elderly friend from Cheshire and as she isn't tech minded we still keep in contact by writing letters to each other. Other than that its mainly text , calls or emails I use to keep in touch with friends.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We have an elderly friend from Cheshire and as she isn't tech minded we still keep in contact by writing letters to each other. Other than that its mainly text , calls or emails I use to keep in touch with friends."

That’s lovely!

I send my family & friend’s little cards sometimes.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Yes, my uncle writes to me, he's 89 and has really good handwriting, I write some letters back to him

I must reply to his last one when I'm sober

My children write thank you letters for receiving gifts etc, I can't remember the last time I wrote to someone on a personal level.

I only get them, and it's mostly bills

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I don't. I should but the last one I wrote, to my Dad, sat in my bag for weeks waiting for me to remember to put a stamp on it. He called before I posted it.

I sent a letter to a house who's had a mattress and crap outside their house since before Xmas. Hopefully they will take the hint x

I write letters to my dad, and to my sons school...

for me I feel a letter has more of an impact than an email and I enjoy writing anyway

"I sent a letter to a house who's had a mattress and crap outside their house since before Xmas. Hopefully they will take the hint x"

"If you don't want the stuff in your garden I'd love it."

yep - and my kids do after birthdays and xmas etc

I do, because I love receiving them, too.

I write letters by hand every month.

"I sent a letter to a house who's had a mattress and crap outside their house since before Xmas. Hopefully they will take the hint x"

maybe they used it for kindling

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Brilliant to the two ladies whose children write thank you letters. I used to get them from my two nieces, now their dad tells me he has to remind them to ring me to thank me. Not good!

"I sent a letter to a house who's had a mattress and crap outside their house since before Xmas. Hopefully they will take the hint x

maybe they used it for kindling "

Nah her windows are howling as well. She's just manky x

When I was in Afghan I used to write to my mum.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

No, I don't write letters to anyone on a personal level. I write plenty of emails and whatsapp messages though, probably way more than I ever would have written letters.

One of my friends got me back into letter writing with her about a year or so ago. Really lovely change from just relying on Facebook to know what’s happening in each other’s lives.

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

I have a penfriend in Canada, we have been writing since we were 8... still do even though we have Facebook but generally only hand written for Christmas and birthdays, kids birthdays too.

Yes - just posted a letter today and three postcards

"I have a penfriend in Canada, we have been writing since we were 8... still do even though we have Facebook but generally only hand written for Christmas and birthdays, kids birthdays too."

Aww I remember pen friends... it was such a wonderful thing.

I've got a family member down by manchester, see him once a year and don't get to call him often due to his circumstances but i(mrs) writes letters often and I send photos of family too! I love getting the letters back! Miss him so much!

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

"I have a penfriend in Canada, we have been writing since we were 8... still do even though we have Facebook but generally only hand written for Christmas and birthdays, kids birthdays too.

Aww I remember pen friends... it was such a wonderful thing. "

It was and is... Our school did a penfriend exchange thing wherewe were all matched and I got Libby. As technology has come along we have Facetimed and Skyped etc which has been great. We had our kids around similartimes too.

She is probably my oldest friend Im still in touch with regularly, we've always said one day we will meet but its not happened yet.

By *arciocialWoman  over a year ago

Leicester

I remember my mum used to put SWALK (sealed with a loving kiss) on the envelope for her husband who was away with the army. There were a few other phrases she'd put on too, but that's the one I remember.

As for writing letters, not anymore, unless jts a card. I noticed how cards have even declined, everyone just sends their messages over technology/social media these days.

I used to have a Penpal years ago. It was great to take the time out and actually write a physical letter and post it rather than email.

just come back from seeing one of my oldest friends in the US...we've always written, always send cards from wherever we;ve been, flyer,s tickets, long long letters....we tried skyping, we didnt like it! write, and post each other books still...

Yes there are a few people that I regularly exchange letters with. Of course use a real pen, Basildon Bond paper and envelopes. Also use a wax seal and sealing wax. One of my regular correspondents is big in the desk top publishing business and has amazing computer systems and printers but we prefer to write.

It's good to have real letters as you think more about what you write. Later today will be at my roll top writing desk. First will decide which pen to use then what colour ink. Gathering my thoughts will then begin to write. Blotting paper at the ready.

My current FWB writes to me a lot, using parchment paper and seals the letter with hot wax.

There’s something beautiful in receiving a letter, the words mean much more when written.

yes

"We have an elderly friend from Cheshire and as she isn't tech minded we still keep in contact by writing letters to each other. Other than that its mainly text , calls or emails I use to keep in touch with friends."

ive sent a pigeon

I write to my sister and she writes back. We also communicate via Facebook messenger too xxx

I used to write

"Postman, postman don't be slow, be like rubber knees, go man go"

On the back of my letters to my sister.

Not sure the postie would like that nowadays XXX

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Yes, I have a pen pal from when I was a young child living abroad. We still write letters to each other.

By *eKoopleCouple  over a year ago

Germany / Manchester

I’ve began handwriting again for business and with some great success in response. For years I mainly use email but handwritting is more personal thorough.

I’m forced to write without error since there’s no backspace and I won’t be using tipex!

I’ve not sent a letter for years. But I send a postcard from everywhere I visit. That’s a tradition I’ll keep going and encourage my kids too do it.

The most memorable was sent from a remote mining town in USA (Nevada desert) . A lady had to open the post office for us to send it. .

The tax man and vat man still send letters

» Add a new message to this topic