FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Should uk help syria?

Should uk help syria?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was watching question time and it was interesting. I agree and they should, he said, if uk was in war, we would want help too and it shouldnt even be a debate about it, whats your view?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Very tricky subject . Regardless of who ordered the chemical attack , thousands of civilians are being murdered . It's one area where I don't envy being a politician at the moment as it's very tricky.

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

I really don't see how we can sit back and not help. We would expect help if, god forbid, it should ever happen here.

This is very close to my heart and hard to admit as the right thing to do for me as my son is a serving soldier and, should it ever come to boots on the ground, he would certainly be deployed.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This world is messed up. War is messed up. When we laugh at Trimp for saying more guns will help stop gun crime in USA, please tell me how war is the answer to anything? More People are going to die. I’d pray for peace if I thought god existed and would help.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I saw one of the last remaining WW1 soldiers interviewed.

He said all conflict is eventually resolved by representatives of the opposing sides sitting round a table and talking. Unfortunately it takes the lives of thousands of civilians and armed forces to bring them to that table.

I agree with him.

If the evidence we are being shown is genuine I think we should get involved. If.

Personally I think we're too late to make a meaningful difference. If airstrikes are authorised they are in reality a revenge attack, and therefore punishment of the use of chemical weapons.

Now, in principle, there must be some consequence for the use of chemical weapons, but, sending in missiles, is this the answer? let us not forget that we had the opportunity to make a meaningful difference some time ago but labour voted against the imposition of a no-fly zone given their concerns about 'mission creep'.

Unfortunately this gave Assad the freedom to bomb indiscriminately, use of barrel bombs, chemical weapons etc. We could therefore have prevented all of it, but parliament chose not to get involved.

Unless we are going to make an actual commitment in Syria, and by that i mean more than just a few missiles, it won't make any real difference, just likes the strikes the US launched last time didn't make any difference.

The UN is hamstrung because of the right of veto that the permanent members have, i.e. the right of veto that Russia holds, so others are powerless to launch an investigation.

The IIIA mechanism has been set up to catalogue and document war crimes/crimes against humanity, but again, i dont see that this is going to do a great deal at this stage unless it has the powers of a tribunal, which it does not.

its a subject ive written about a number of times in the past, and unfortunately at the moment i dont think there is a clear answer on what should be done, other than the fact that 'something has' to be done.

No

When we get involved, like in Iraq, I’m not sure if we’ve ended up making a meaningful difference. Syria may be the same.

we dont like people attacking us as they have done in the 2 years

but its ok for us to attack others

if you attack me be prepared incase i attack back

its peoples lives here ,sit round the table and discuss a solution and reasons

ive got a bigger rocket than yours isnt the answer

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Wasn't Syria on our side during both Iraq conflicts?

Of course we should help them.

By *r.GenuineMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

With the threat of Russia responding with force, we need to consider what is the best for the whole world.. not just Syria.

WW3 could be imminent.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

""

You could always sneak up behind them from your bush in Penge though Shag

I say no because it will massively effect my golf handi cap and my summer .

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

Last year many of my Facebook friends were sharing all kinds of articles and gruesome photos of injured, displaced and traumatised Syrians and saying something should be done, and now they're getting equally upset that something may indeed be getting done. There is a lot of cognitive dissonance about the Syria situation. Personally I think we should stay out of it.

"I saw one of the last remaining WW1 soldiers interviewed.

He said all conflict is eventually resolved by representatives of the opposing sides sitting round a table and talking. Unfortunately it takes the lives of thousands of civilians and armed forces to bring them to that table.

I agree with him.

If the evidence we are being shown is genuine I think we should get involved. If."

There is no one alive that fought in ww1 they would need to be well over 100 lol

More to the point what army would we send now thanks to the absolute tossers in Westminster

By *ikely ladMan  over a year ago

Hounslow

Unfortunately it's one of those where boots on the ground aren't the answer. Nato have to target Assad directly. It doesn't help that putin is throwing his teddies out of the pram.

I agree with him.

If the evidence we are being shown is genuine I think we should get involved. If.

There is no one alive that fought in ww1 they would need to be well over 100 lol"

In fairness they said "interview" which could be from awhile.

But learning lessons from the past is imperative don't you think?

Genocide, mass murder, dictatorships and the spreading of extremism are things we can ignore....until they knock on our door?

"Unfortunately it's one of those where boots on the ground aren't the answer. Nato have to target Assad directly. It doesn't help that putin is throwing his teddies out of the pram. "

Putin is ally of Assad. He has various strategic basis in the country and much vested interest.

Assad has almost beaten the rebels in his country so why would he use chemical weapons knowing that the US would respond. It does not make sense, in fact it stinks!

"Assad has almost beaten the rebels in his country so why would he use chemical weapons knowing that the US would respond. It does not make sense, in fact it stinks!"

Who are the rebels? It's impossible to know.

Chemical weapons displace those hiding underground.

Let's play follow the leader with America again.

"Assad has almost beaten the rebels in his country so why would he use chemical weapons knowing that the US would respond. It does not make sense, in fact it stinks!"

This is hardly the first time he has used them, and uses them because he has acted with impunity since the start of the conflict.

Assad is massacring thousands of civilians, men, women, and children, there is ample evidence of it.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I agree with him.

There is no one alive that fought in ww1 they would need to be well over 100 lol"

He was definitely alive when he recorded the interview. It wasn't recently but the sentiment is relevant.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

The UK has spent years trying to topple the government by helping all sorts of lunatic jihadists with guns and the like.

500,000 Syrians dead.

We shunned the millions who fled.

Now, just as the government is about to win the civil war, we decide to send in the bombers because 40 more died.

This isn’t about Syria, it’s pushback against the Russian-Iran-China alliance and it delays the end of the conflict and the stabilisation of Syria.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I agree with him.

There is no one alive that fought in ww1 they would need to be well over 100 lol

In fairness they said "interview" which could be from awhile.

But learning lessons from the past is imperative don't you think?

Genocide, mass murder, dictatorships and the spreading of extremism are things we can ignore....until they knock on our door? "

I agree.

We can't turn a blind eye but the outcome will eventually be the same. Powerful people sitting round a table. If only humanity could genuinely look to the past and learn.

I'm all for helping Syria, I think we should be backing Assad(who's actually the sovereign leader) being the less dangerous of the fighting factions(the others being Isis and alqeida).

After the fighting is over there should be a concentrated UN effort for a gradual handover(which unfortunately gives Assad away out, but that's life, we did it with the IRA/UVF) preferably then into UN administration until a decent Syrian parliament can be formed.

The rebels Assad is fighting are al nusra formerly called Al-Qaeda in Syria and the ISLAMIC ARMY, the clues in the fucking name.

It's some sort of mass madness that we wish to overthrow a secular leader for a bunch of religious throat cutting, roof chucking, stoning religious fucking nutjobs who for the last 7 years have made the vast majority of Syrian people's life's living hell.

» Add a new message to this topic