FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Put on the spot

Put on the spot

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tarbeck OP   Couple  over a year ago

york

So if people have seen some of my other threads they will know i havent always been on good terms with my next door neighbour , well she died just after christmas . The thing is she left the house and everthing to her son but she told me lots of times it was to be split between him and her daughter the thing is he is now keeping it all . The daughter has been there when she has told me that, the daughter is now contesting the will and wants me to state what i know to the solicitor , do i get involved ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aenMan  over a year ago

Here and There

I would say don’t get involved. Worst case you’ll end up with an antagonistic neighbour.

york

"I would say don’t get involved. Worst case you’ll end up with an antagonistic neighbour."
He is selling the house so that shouldnt be a problem x

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"So if people have seen some of my other threads they will know i havent always been on good terms with my next door neighbour , well she died just after christmas . The thing is she left the house and everthing to her son but she told me lots of times it was to be split between him and her daughter the thing is he is now keeping it all . The daughter has been there when she has told me that, the daughter is now contesting the will and wants me to state what i know to the solicitor , do i get involved ?"

Hmm..tricky one. I doubt anything said verbally will hold up in a court of law. I wouldn't get involved if it were me. Hopefully she will get something if she is contesting the will. It seems odd that your neighbour was saying that, but doing something completely different, is there any evidence of your neighbour making her will under duress?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think you should confirm what you have heard stated by your previous neighbor. I'd imagine that's all you need to do and your involvement will end. If he will sell on there's no issue for you going forward.

"So if people have seen some of my other threads they will know i havent always been on good terms with my next door neighbour , well she died just after christmas . The thing is she left the house and everthing to her son but she told me lots of times it was to be split between him and her daughter the thing is he is now keeping it all . The daughter has been there when she has told me that, the daughter is now contesting the will and wants me to state what i know to the solicitor , do i get involved ?"

I am sure she would have left a will stating who gets what etc, Its sad that after his mother has passed hes thinking only of her house.. so sad

Do what you feel is right.

Me, I would stick up for the one who was losing out if I knew they were meant to get it.

york

"So if people have seen some of my other threads they will know i havent always been on good terms with my next door neighbour , well she died just after christmas . The thing is she left the house and everthing to her son but she told me lots of times it was to be split between him and her daughter the thing is he is now keeping it all . The daughter has been there when she has told me that, the daughter is now contesting the will and wants me to state what i know to the solicitor , do i get involved ?

Hmm..tricky one. I doubt anything said verbally will hold up in a court of law. I wouldn't get involved if it were me. Hopefully she will get something if she is contesting the will. It seems odd that your neighbour was saying that, but doing something completely different, is there any evidence of your neighbour making her will under duress?"

She was old school my mothe in law did the same thing with my husband but he was honest and split every thing straight down the line with his sister x

chelmsford

"So if people have seen some of my other threads they will know i havent always been on good terms with my next door neighbour , well she died just after christmas . The thing is she left the house and everthing to her son but she told me lots of times it was to be split between him and her daughter the thing is he is now keeping it all . The daughter has been there when she has told me that, the daughter is now contesting the will and wants me to state what i know to the solicitor , do i get involved ?

I am sure she would have left a will stating who gets what etc, Its sad that after his mother has passed hes thinking only of her house.. so sad "

As in the op, there is a will, which the daughter is contesting.

chelmsford

Hmm..tricky one. I doubt anything said verbally will hold up in a court of law. I wouldn't get involved if it were me. Hopefully she will get something if she is contesting the will. It seems odd that your neighbour was saying that, but doing something completely different, is there any evidence of your neighbour making her will under duress? She was old school my mothe in law did the same thing with my husband but he was honest and split every thing straight down the line with his sister x"

Which seems fair to me.x

I dont see any conflict here or sticking up for anyone. You've been asked to represent the facts as you believe them to be, why wouldn't you?

It's for others to decide whether a Will is upheld or not.

I am sure she would have left a will stating who gets what etc, Its sad that after his mother has passed hes thinking only of her house.. so sad

As in the op, there is a will, which the daughter is contesting."

You cannot contest a will over hearsay and gossip, the lawyers are only instructed to deliver on what the persons will states, she could take it too court but in all honesty she wont have much luck, the reason I am saying this is I went through something similar and ended up costing me money which i did not have only for my lawyer to tell me there was not much else he could do, as i say its sad that it has come to this but the have to act out their mothers last will and testament to the letter.

york

You cannot contest a will over hearsay and gossip, the lawyers are only instructed to deliver on what the persons will states, she could take it too court but in all honesty she wont have much luck, the reason I am saying this is I went through something similar and ended up costing me money which i did not have only for my lawyer to tell me there was not much else he could do, as i say its sad that it has come to this but the have to act out their mothers last will and testament to the letter. "

Thats what i thought but her solicitor wants to talk to me x

You cannot contest a will over hearsay and gossip, the lawyers are only instructed to deliver on what the persons will states, she could take it too court but in all honesty she wont have much luck, the reason I am saying this is I went through something similar and ended up costing me money which i did not have only for my lawyer to tell me there was not much else he could do, as i say its sad that it has come to this but the have to act out their mothers last will and testament to the letter. Thats what i thought but her solicitor wants to talk to me x"

Offcourse he would thats what lawyer want you to do but it will end with what is stated in her will, If i was you i would stay out of it, you never know the son might grow a conscious and give his sister half, but good luck on whatever decision you decide to go on.. xx

york

You cannot contest a will over hearsay and gossip, the lawyers are only instructed to deliver on what the persons will states, she could take it too court but in all honesty she wont have much luck, the reason I am saying this is I went through something similar and ended up costing me money which i did not have only for my lawyer to tell me there was not much else he could do, as i say its sad that it has come to this but the have to act out their mothers last will and testament to the letter. Thats what i thought but her solicitor wants to talk to me x

Offcourse he would thats what lawyer want you to do but it will end with what is stated in her will, If i was you i would stay out of it, you never know the son might grow a conscious and give his sister half, but good luck on whatever decision you decide to go on.. xx "

I hope so x

chelmsford

You cannot contest a will over hearsay and gossip, the lawyers are only instructed to deliver on what the persons will states, she could take it too court but in all honesty she wont have much luck, the reason I am saying this is I went through something similar and ended up costing me money which i did not have only for my lawyer to tell me there was not much else he could do, as i say its sad that it has come to this but the have to act out their mothers last will and testament to the letter. Thats what i thought but her solicitor wants to talk to me x"

Having had a quick Google, it appears a will can be contested if the person who made the will had made promises to someone, that would be hard to prove, obviously, I would imagine that's why the solicitor wants to talk to you.

york

To be honest i would have left it to the dogs home as neither of them bothered much , but the daughter more so x

chelmsford

"To be honest i would have left it to the dogs home as neither of them bothered much , but the daughter more so x"

Haha, sounds like a good idea

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

As someone said verbal is not proof. You can go ahead and speak up as a matter of goodwill for the daughter but it most likely won't help her.

york

"As someone said verbal is not proof. You can go ahead and speak up as a matter of goodwill for the daughter but it most likely won't help her."
Makes you think though im going to sort my will out x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Tell the truth but don't get involved in the family argument. Death brings out the very worst in people.

chelmsford

"As someone said verbal is not proof. You can go ahead and speak up as a matter of goodwill for the daughter but it most likely won't help her. Makes you think though im going to sort my will out x"

york

[Removed by poster at 29/03/18 12:10:49]

york

Hes told her he will give her forty thousand , think i would take the money

» Add a new message to this topic