FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ghosting

Ghosting

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Have you ever been a ghoster? If so why?

Is it easier than being honest? Did you not want closure?

Did you think about the other person and how they might feel?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *MP3Man  over a year ago

Between Scylla and Charybdis

At the risk of sounding naive, what is a ghoster?

"At the risk of sounding naive, what is a ghoster?"

Someone who just disappears. Cuts all contact without warning or explanation.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Been ghosted a couple of times... the first time I wondered if it was something I'd done (no it wasnt) ... second time just thought "meh.. timewaster"

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Maybe it is the easy way out. I guess it depends on the situation or how the other person has been feeling or made to feel. I guess we are all wired/programmed in different ways & react to situations differently

ghosting shows a lack of respect for the otherindividuals feelings but perhaps not always intentionally malicious...but breadcrumbing on the other hand...i def think is a shocking way to treat people!

" "

I actually laughed out loud at this

Its away to make an enemy ghosting .its the easy way out but nasty too do.Always best to be honest and tell person that you dont want to see them etc

On a par with dumping someone by text!

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

I met a lass off here years ago. O

It was a very crap meet. I had had to wait arund for numerous hours to then see her piss off after 20 mins as her hubby had come home early. I didnt message her again. Does that count as ghosting?

"

I actually laughed out loud at this "

"ghosting shows a lack of respect for the otherindividuals feelings but perhaps not always intentionally malicious...but breadcrumbing on the other hand...i def think is a shocking way to treat people!"

I'm not sure that would work on fab. We all have plenty of options so messaging just enough to keep a person interested won't really cut it. You (one) can choose to keep up the idle flirtation knowing it will lead nowhere or get on with arranging meets with other, interested and committed, people.

Only at Halloween

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

It's happened to me many times. Things seem to be going well then all contact stops until a few months later they message you with a 'hello stranger' type message or a crap reason for going quiet. I tend to think 9/10 these people have been dumped by a gf or something. I'm not interested in those types anyway.

I guess I could be accused of doing a bit of ghosting but usually it's because I've forgotten to reply to a message and it's dropped off the page!!

By *hinypants77Man  over a year ago

Leeds

I was once dating this girl. We’d been seeing each other for about a month ish. Went to the pictures with her to see ‘War of the planet of the apes’. (Not a great movie). Haven’t seen her since.

I wasn’t really feeling the relationship.

I didn’t block her but never called her or text her and she’s never contacted me. Guess we ghosted each other.

It's happened a couple of times, people come and go throughout our lives. It doesn't bother me as such though i would prefer a goodbye and good luck. If you consider this to be like other forms of communication you wouldn't walk away from someone on the street or hang up the phone without this common curtesy.

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

Im afraid im guilty of having ghosted people in my single life.... it wasnt ever intended maliciously but it worked for me.

If a fwb, or indeed I, sterted getting a bit close or needy i would just say to them we need to cool it a while then cut them off.

Is that even ghosting? I told them what i was doing, just never gave the opportunity to discuss it.

I’ve ghosted people when I was much younger. I wouldn’t do it now, I’m constantly feeling like I need to do what’s right and being ghosted feels totally shitty, why would you purposely want to do that to someone!? It’s an easy way out for people who are too scared to do the right thing.

"Im afraid im guilty of having ghosted people in my single life.... it wasnt ever intended maliciously but it worked for me.

If a fwb, or indeed I, sterted getting a bit close or needy i would just say to them we need to cool it a while then cut them off.

Is that even ghosting? I told them what i was doing, just never gave the opportunity to discuss it. "

I don't think you can consider it to be ghosting if you warn them beforehand.

» Add a new message to this topic